PDA

View Full Version : Best PG Duo in the NBA

Swashcuff
02-09-2010, 10:51 AM
Who do you guys think is the best duo of point guards in the NBA? Starter and Back Up. D. Rose and Hinrich are NA. Bulls are using Hinrich as their SG. For the sake of argument though Iím open to listen to those that disagree.

I got Chauncey and Ty. IMHO they are a lethal combination of PG play in the NBA today.

Reyes6
02-09-2010, 10:52 AM
Brooks and Lowry aint too shabby either. Duhon and Nate would be good if they knew what they were doing in NY. Parker and Hill... not bad.

ko8e24bryant
02-09-2010, 11:04 AM
Nash & Dragic

without a doubt

cheezinmypocket
02-09-2010, 11:09 AM
Obviously it is J. Jack and Jose Calderon.

Hell... we're paying for 2 starting PGs.

CheeznWingz
02-09-2010, 11:12 AM
Jack and Calderon, but because they play for Toronto.... I don't think they count.

dudeonthemoon
02-09-2010, 11:25 AM
Brooks and Lowry aint too shabby either. Duhon and Nate would be good if they knew what they were doing in NY. Parker and Hill... not bad.

:facepalm:

sep11ie
02-09-2010, 11:27 AM
I'll go with Brooks and Lowry.

RadiantShot
02-09-2010, 11:37 AM
We've already had a thread about this.

I'll go with CP3 and Derron Collison.

TheKing23
02-09-2010, 11:42 AM
I think Mo Williams and Delonte West deserve some credit.

Maybe not the best, but they deserve some recognition.

bal_ravens
02-09-2010, 11:45 AM
^This isnt the recognition thread though. It's the best PG duo thread. :)

Billups and Ty.

Knickfansince97
02-09-2010, 11:51 AM
Chris Duuuhon and Nate Robinson LOL

GreenMan305
02-09-2010, 12:08 PM
Jack and Calderon, but because they play for Toronto.... I don't think they count.

I think Mo Williams and Delonte West deserve some credit.

Maybe not the best, but they deserve some recognition.

look at thses homers... :facepalm:

DaoudS
02-09-2010, 12:09 PM
You're in the NBA thread - this is Homers galore.

CheeznWingz
02-09-2010, 12:13 PM
No Homerism.....the questioned was asked...and I answered with the best response. Tell me why Jack and Calderon are not the best duo. Keep in mind that these are 2 starters. Which other team can boast that?

GreenMan305
02-09-2010, 12:14 PM
jack isnt even a top 15-20 PG. plus he is more of a SG

caldeon is a joke... bricks shots and no defense..

DaBUU
02-09-2010, 12:27 PM
DRose and Lindsay Hunter FTW

Edit: Paul and Collison

Draco
02-09-2010, 12:30 PM
No Homerism.....the questioned was asked...and I answered with the best response. Tell me why Jack and Calderon are not the best duo. Keep in mind that these are 2 starters. Which other team can boast that?

Easy. Chicago. I'll take Rose and Hinrich over Jack and Calderon any day and twice all over again. Either Chicago PG over either Toronto PG.

Cool007
02-09-2010, 12:30 PM
Derrick Rose and Kirk Hinrich.

Draco
02-09-2010, 12:31 PM
FWIW.. wasn't Calderon proclaimed the best PG in the East about a year ago by Raptor fans?

ManRam
02-09-2010, 12:33 PM
This thread is a cesspool of homerism.

Chauncey and Lawson.

Mr. Fluffi
02-09-2010, 12:41 PM
Rose/Hinrich. Hinrich is currently starting at SG but when Rose is out he's in at the PG position. So he's the Backup PG as well.

JRisdabest
02-09-2010, 12:43 PM
baron gordon

meltbakins
02-09-2010, 12:43 PM
T dot all the way and i am a Lakers fan so no homer here

Macedonian
02-09-2010, 12:51 PM
Chris Paul and Darren Collison

bahama0811
02-09-2010, 12:56 PM
I'm being a homer and saying CB and Ty Lawson although I would probably say that even if I wasn't a Nuggets fan.

DaBUU
02-09-2010, 01:00 PM
I'm being a homer and saying CB and Ty Lawson although I would probably say that even if I wasn't a Nuggets fan.

CP3 is better than CB, are you sure Lawson is better than Collison? I dont think he is.

b_russ
02-09-2010, 01:01 PM
Rose and Hinrich. My favorite pair is Jennings and Rindnour though.

Carey
02-09-2010, 01:03 PM
I went with Tony Parker and George Hill, Hill is one of the most underrated players in the league.....Look out of Russell Westbrook and Eric Maynor in the future

Strumpy
02-09-2010, 01:14 PM
Rajon Rondo and.... ummm...ugh....Right. I forgot we don't have a backup PG

Impulse
02-09-2010, 01:17 PM
Alston and Arroyo.

Just kidding. Billups and Lawson.

Young2Kinsler
02-09-2010, 01:29 PM
Thread insert your team here... yawn

ChaseMe
02-09-2010, 01:43 PM

LMAO you hear that everyone? Brick shots? The pg who averaged 40% 3pt, 50% FG and 98% FT. You just lost all credibility.

Bob_at_york
02-09-2010, 01:50 PM

bricks shots? He is shooting 50% this season, for a career and he set a FT% record last year. Are you sure you are talking about the right guy?

Back to the question of the thread. If Kirk is definitely considered a SG then I would go with Billups and Ty.

Bob_at_york
02-09-2010, 01:51 PM
Thread insert your team here... yawn

I can't believe how many people are doing that.

mike_noodles
02-09-2010, 01:55 PM
^^^

I have to agree about Calderon, it's his ability to knock down the jimmy that makes him one of the best in the league at running the screen and roll.

I also have to say that with Jack starting, Calderon is now the best backup PG in the league and it's not even close.

As for best duo, that has to go to Arenas and Crittenton.

ManRam
02-09-2010, 01:59 PM

The fact that those two haven't been mentioned yet just shows how homerific everyone here has been. Only a homer wouldn't vote for those two.

Vikes_Fan04
02-09-2010, 02:03 PM

I thought we were talking about point guards, not SHOOTING guards!! *ba dump ching*

anyways I'll go with Kidd and Barea. Just cuz they're not on there. Btw, I'm a Lakers fan.

GreenMan305
02-09-2010, 02:03 PM
LMAO you hear that everyone? Brick shots? The pg who averaged 40% 3pt, 50% FG and 98% FT. You just lost all credibility.

no one has credibilty.. its a ****in forum smart guy :rolleyes:

Young2Kinsler
02-09-2010, 02:04 PM
no one has credibilty.. its a ****in forum smart guy :rolleyes:

You are a special breed of slow.

GreenMan305
02-09-2010, 02:04 PM
bricks shots? He is shooting 50% this season, for a career and he set a FT% record last year. Are you sure you are talking about the right guy?

Back to the question of the thread. If Kirk is definitely considered a SG then I would go with Billups and Ty.

yea.. ur a raptor fan.. :rolleyes: what has calderon ever done.. u been to the playoffs 1 time.. and guess what the raptos are in 5th for the first time because of jack starting.. calderon is a bum.. doesnt mater raptors will lose bosh and calderon will be a benchplayer for the rest of his career

GreenMan305
02-09-2010, 02:05 PM
You are a special breed of slow.

huh?

u some kind of loner?

streetballa
02-09-2010, 02:07 PM
To keep with the homers Stuckey and Bynum, j/k.

I think it is Billups and Ty because CP3 is still young and will soak up the minutes when he comes back leaving Collison lucky to get over 15 a game. Billups is getting up there in age and Ty gets decent minutes. Not to mention Billups and Ty are great complements one is a veteran coach on the court type, the other is a speedy burn you type. Not too mention both are averaging over 43% from 3pt land.

rand3h
02-09-2010, 02:11 PM
I thought we were talking about point guards, not SHOOTING guards!! *ba dump ching*

anyways I'll go with Kidd and Barea. Just cuz they're not on there. Btw, I'm a Lakers fan.

Correction: SHOOTING Point Guards

I had a good laugh though.

Bob_at_york
02-09-2010, 02:18 PM
yea.. ur a raptor fan.. :rolleyes: what has calderon ever done.. u been to the playoffs 1 time.. and guess what the raptos are in 5th for the first time because of jack starting.. calderon is a bum.. doesnt mater raptors will lose bosh and calderon will be a benchplayer for the rest of his career
What? I am confused, what does any of what you just said have to do with Jose's shooting ability? :confused:

Also what does the fact that I am a raptors fan have to do with the statistic I quoted you?

Vikes_Fan04
02-09-2010, 02:20 PM
Correction: SHOOTING Point Guards

I had a good laugh though.

haha thanks for the correction rand3h.

GreenMan305
02-09-2010, 02:21 PM
What? I am confused, what does any of what you just said have to do with Jose's shooting ability? :confused:

its not like he takes 20 shots a game.. the guys take less than 10 shots in 90 % of his games.l look at his game log.. when he takes more than 10 shots per game he is averaging less than 50 %.. alot of players can just shoot 6 shots and make 3.. whoopdidoo

/thread and delete account for even mentioning him as a top PG:facepalm:

Legitimate
02-09-2010, 02:24 PM
wow. jj and calderon leadin the 2nd best offense in the nba. 5th seed playoff contender ..getting ZERO recognition??i dislike this thread..too many homers...

lol..loook at these denver fans..obviously cp3 and collison are leaps and bounds beyond chancey and ty lawson

Bob_at_york
02-09-2010, 02:25 PM
its not like he takes 20 shots a game.. the guys take less than 10 shots in 90 % of his games.l look at his game log.. when he takes more than 10 shots per game he is averaging less than 50 %.. alot of players can just shoot 6 shots and make 3.. whoopdidoo
Good point but that doesn't mean he can't shoot. Also if he really does shoot a lower percentage when he takes more than 10 shots then he must be doing something right when he takes less because once again, he is shooting over 50% on his career. That shows he is doing something right offensively.

/thread and delete account for even mentioning him as a top PG:facepalm:
Wow, you are a lot more harsh than I am. You have to understand some people really love his overall game and personality. I don't but others do.

Bob_at_york
02-09-2010, 02:27 PM
wow. jj and calderon leadin the 2nd best offense in the nba. 5th playoff contender ..getting ZERO recognition??i dislike this thread..too many homers...
Fifth in the eastern conference. Where do they stand in the NBA? Also they are the 2nd best offense but how are they defensively?

lol..loook at these denver fans..obviously cp3 and collison are leaps and bounds beyond chancey and ty lawson
I am not convinced by Collison yet. By the end of the year he might change my mind.

Monta is beast
02-09-2010, 02:28 PM
Ellis-Curry

Rego247
02-09-2010, 02:32 PM

interesting would u happen to know next weeks lottery numbers since u obviously can predict the future:clap:

Legitimate
02-09-2010, 02:35 PM
*yawns* insert your team here ______ there's your best pg duo..it so sad thatwe can't even make a decent poll every now n then..like a honest one..sigh..its not even a question that cp3 andcollison r the best duo in the nba..and jose is the best bench pg so yea..they should be gettin some sort of recognition in this thread.

CheeznWingz
02-09-2010, 02:43 PM
Like I said earlier. No respect for Jack and Calderon because they are Raptors. If they were Lakers, Cavs, hell any other team. Then maybe they would get some respect. Considering that their style of play is different, they allow the Raps to change the tempo of the game.

Bob_at_york
02-09-2010, 02:45 PM
Like I said earlier. No respect for Jack and Calderon because they are Raptors. If they were Lakers, Cavs, hell any other team. Then maybe they would get some respect. Considering that their style of play is different, they allow the Raps to change the tempo of the game.

I don't know if they would get more respect, they would get more homers voting for them. Would you really not trade the two of them straight up for Billups and Lawson?

CheeznWingz
02-09-2010, 02:50 PM
No I would not trade for them. Billups is getting older and I don't think he brings anything great to the table anymore. His best days were in Detroit, and I don't think he would be a good fit in TO. I'm not saying that Billups is no good. I just think he isn't as good as he was. TO has 2 good, younger PG and can run up and down the floor all night.

Bob_at_york
02-09-2010, 02:52 PM
No I would not trade for them. Billups is getting older and I don't think he brings anything great to the table anymore. His best days were in Detroit, and I don't think he would be a good fit in TO. I'm not saying that Billups is no good. I just think he isn't as good as he was. TO has 2 good, younger PG and can run up and down the floor all night.

you are aware that Lawson is younger than both of the Raptors PGs and he is shooting over 50% from the field. He is not a scrub.

futureman
02-09-2010, 02:52 PM
Billups and Lawson because they win the most games.

sugarrayray
02-09-2010, 02:57 PM
To be honest 2 point guards that help their team a lot and put up great stats are Brandon Jennings and Luke Ridnour. No one gives them any credit. People forget that the Bucks will be taking over Miami's playoff spot and the main reasons for Milwaukee's play is their great point guard duo. Anyone who thinks Jarrett Jack and Calderon or Nate Robinson and Duhon or other bums like that are good take a look at Milwaukee.

scotttube
02-09-2010, 02:59 PM
Nash and Dragic

CheeznWingz
02-09-2010, 02:59 PM
Never said he was a scrub. I don't hear of him much, don't know much about him. So that is why I don't trade for them.

Bob_at_york
02-09-2010, 03:00 PM
To be honest 2 point guards that help their team a lot and put up great stats are Brandon Jennings and Luke Ridnour. No one gives them any credit. People forget that the Bucks will be taking over Miami's playoff spot and the main reasons for Milwaukee's play is their great point guard duo. Anyone who thinks Jarrett Jack and Calderon or Nate Robinson and Duhon or other bums like that are good take a look at Milwaukee.

I forgot about Ridnour. I thought of Jennings but not him. I am not calling those other guys Bums like you are but you do bring up a good tandem that hasn't been mentioned yet. Although at the same time, I am not impressed with Jennings's FG%. If he works on that then I think he could move up the list.

Bob_at_york
02-09-2010, 03:04 PM
Never said he was a scrub. I don't hear of him much, don't know much about him. So that is why I don't trade for them.

You don't hear about him? He is one of the best rookies this season. You should learn about the other players in the league before you say your own team's players are the best. Man, people were just saying the Raptors aren't getting any respect because people don't pay attention to them. You are admitting to doing the same thing with Ty and the Nuggets.

jimbobjarree
02-09-2010, 03:08 PM
CP3 and Collison

CheeznWingz
02-09-2010, 03:16 PM
I'm sorry, but is he a starter????? I guess I should really pay more attention to the highlights to catch the 3 or 4 seconds of highlights that they show of him. Both Jack and Calderon have better stats than Lawson, and if you want to bring up the fact he is a rookie, DeRozan's stats are pretty comparable to Ty's.

Big Quett
02-09-2010, 03:19 PM
wow. jj and calderon leadin the 2nd best offense in the nba. 5th seed playoff contender ..getting ZERO recognition??i dislike this thread..too many homers...

And your bragging about being 5th in the east? They wouldnt even be in the playoffs in the west. And they are 1 and done in the playoffs.

*yawns* insert your team here ______ there's your best pg duo..it so sad thatwe can't even make a decent poll every now n then..like a honest one..sigh..its not even a question that cp3 andcollison r the best duo in the nba..and jose is the best bench pg so yea..they should be gettin some sort of recognition in this thread.

And yeah of all the guys on these lists JJ is the worst starter. he is not even a top 20 pg and Jose comes off the bench for him?

Eagles4Lyfe
02-09-2010, 03:20 PM
I'm sorry, but is he a starter????? I guess I should really pay more attention to the highlights to catch the 3 or 4 seconds of highlights that they show of him. Both Jack and Calderon have better stats than Lawson, and if you want to bring up the fact he is a rookie, DeRozan's stats are pretty comparable to Ty's.

Ok im a raptors fan and i know our fanbase aint as stupid as this.. Are you seriously comparing Demar Derozan to a PG in a PG thread??? Like seriously it should be CP3 and Collison but when pauls in the lineup collison doesnt get any minutes so isnt productive so i have to say Billups and Lawson because they have been consistant..

jimbobjarree
02-09-2010, 03:21 PM
Jack+Calderon=21.5ppg and 10.6apg 1.51spg 3.5to
CP3 alone=20.4ppg 11.2apg 2.26spg 2.5to

If we're going stats alone CP3 beats them down

Eagles4Lyfe
02-09-2010, 03:22 PM

see big mouths like you wont be around when bosh does resign because your just talk for the moment but when bosh actually does resign you wont be anywhere around in these sports forums..

mikantsass
02-09-2010, 03:24 PM
Steph Curry and Monta?????

Bibby and Crawford?????

Eagles4Lyfe
02-09-2010, 03:24 PM
Jack+Calderon=21.5ppg and 10.6apg 1.51spg 3.5to
CP3 alone=20.4ppg 11.2apg 2.26spg 2.5to

If we're going stats alone CP3 beats them down

Billups/Lawson and Paul/Collison are 1a and 1b.. Calderon and Jack are 2 but not close to the number 1s at all so dont even bother dude

Eagles4Lyfe
02-09-2010, 03:26 PM
And your bragging about being 5th in the east? They wouldnt even be in the playoffs in the west. And they are 1 and done in the playoffs.

And yeah of all the guys on these lists JJ is the worst starter. he is not even a top 20 pg and Jose comes off the bench for him?

LMAO why dont you and your team focus on making the playoffs for once before going and criticising other teams..
Isnt crawford a SG???

CheeznWingz
02-09-2010, 03:28 PM
The fact he was a rookie was brought up. Just saying his numbers are not that great. To say that Lawson is great, then you might aswel say DeRozan is great. I would rather have consistency also. To have 2 PGs putting up similar numbers shows that it doesn't matter who they have in, they are not taking anything away from the team at that moment on the floor. Last time i checked, one player doesn't win a championship. You need depth.

BoratSagdiyev
02-09-2010, 03:28 PM
Kirk and Rose...end thread

Big Quett
02-09-2010, 03:30 PM
LMAO why dont you and your team focus on making the playoffs for once before going and criticising other teams..
Isnt crawford a SG???

It wasnt criticism it was the truth.

shiny_11
02-09-2010, 03:30 PM
im with kidd and jj barea or jose and j jack...u know it

Chicagofaithful
02-09-2010, 03:31 PM

I know everyone hates the name Derrick Rose on here... but you at least have to consider Hinrich and Rose...

Swashcuff
02-09-2010, 03:34 PM
And thus the thread has been taken over by HOMERISM! Jack and Calderon??? Really?

CheeznWingz
02-09-2010, 03:35 PM
I am evil homer, i am evil homer

Eagles4Lyfe
02-09-2010, 03:40 PM

well ya im sure you dont want to hear the truth about your team, because as they say the truth hurts...

pebloemer
02-09-2010, 04:05 PM
I like Chauncey and Ty personally. Chauncey runs the offense very well and Lawson has had a nice rookie season and adds a different dimension on the floor when he takes over. Dangerous combination.

I haven't seen Collison play much, so hard to compare. His numbers are great of late, but how has he been in limited minutes behind Paul?

Bob_at_york
02-09-2010, 04:23 PM
I'm sorry, but is he a starter????? I guess I should really pay more attention to the highlights to catch the 3 or 4 seconds of highlights that they show of him.
I am not sure what your point is here. People could say the same thing from any back-up PG in the league including Jose. If you watch out-of-town games you can see talented players like this more.

Both Jack and Calderon have better stats than Lawson, and if you want to bring up the fact he is a rookie, DeRozan's stats are pretty comparable to Ty's.
I am not sure what DeMar has to do with this. This is a discussion about PGs. What does the fact that both rookies are playing well have to do with anything? :confused:

Oh and I wouldn't be surprised if Jack and Jose had better stats, Lawson is playing behind an allstar.

nitric
02-09-2010, 05:12 PM
Surprised I haven't seen more Hinrich and Rose. Two starting PG's for most of the teams in teh NBA

Swashcuff
02-09-2010, 06:37 PM
Bulls fans biasness aside are you guys seriously serious when you say Kirk and D? Because you guys flat out have NO arguement whatsoever. If Kirk was coming off the bench I could understand but that guy plays 32 minutes a game as a STARTING SG. IMO you guys are just being ignorant. I love Kirk's game but he is not playing his role well which is right now as the teams start SG. like And for the ones that said Monta and Stef. Sigh @ u. Homerism on PSD is simply ridiculous.

Swashcuff
02-09-2010, 06:49 PM

Recognition???? Sigh @ you man. Leaps and bounds??? C'mon they haven't even produced as a tandem neither have they found their niche together.

Leading the second best offense :facepalm:

Swashcuff
02-09-2010, 06:51 PM

As such an educated Raptors fan please tell me the real reason as to why Jose Calderon (who is a baller if you ask me) is the best bench pg in the nba. Thereal reason.

Swashcuff
02-09-2010, 06:55 PM
Steph Curry and Monta?????

Bibby and Crawford?????

:facepalm: you know there is a difference between PG and SG right???

Legitimate
02-09-2010, 07:03 PM
Recognition???? Sigh @ you man. Leaps and bounds??? C'mon they haven't even produced as a tandem neither have they found their niche together.

Leading the second best offense :facepalm:

LOL...is it really that hard of a pill to swallow that JJ and Calderon split time at the PG to run the 2nd best offense in the NBA???leadin the hottest team in the nba???

Legitimate
02-09-2010, 07:05 PM
As such an educated Raptors fan please tell me the real reason as to why Jose Calderon (who is a baller if you ask me) is the best bench pg in the nba. Thereal reason.

there is no reason for me to explain my opinion that Calderon is the bench PG in the nba because its not just a opinion it's fact, there shouldn't even be argument for it u troll..

Legitimate
02-09-2010, 07:07 PM
if a top ten pg in the nba comes off the bench then u must have a good overall PG combo

clutchski
02-09-2010, 07:12 PM

LOL! lost all credibility right there. You're right about the defense though.

Kyben36
02-09-2010, 07:17 PM
Derrick rose and Kirk hinrich, not becasue of tallent, but because both are starters HAHAHAHAHAH

Aussy4GM
02-09-2010, 07:18 PM
Derrick Rose & Kirk Hinrich = 2 Proven NBA PG's IMO they are top 3

Swashcuff
02-09-2010, 07:18 PM
there is no reason for me to explain my opinion that Calderon is the bench PG in the nba because its not just a opinion it's fact, there shouldn't even be argument for it u troll..

He is the best bench pg in the NBA because of his lacklustre start to the season and everyone kept calling for him to bench or be traded. THAT is why. Short memory huh. I cant blame you after all you seem delusional.

Calling me a troll :clap: congratulations

Ollie Tabooger
02-09-2010, 07:20 PM

This right here is deserving of the :facepalm:.

Swashcuff
02-09-2010, 07:21 PM
LOL...is it really that hard of a pill to swallow that JJ and Calderon split time at the PG to run the 2nd best offense in the NBA???leadin the hottest team in the nba???

Wow thanks for enlightening me. I could have sworn that Cavs, Jazz and Magic were still in the NBA.

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: Your homerism is unfathomable.

Aussy4GM
02-09-2010, 07:22 PM
it doesnt matter if hinrich is playing SG right now we are talking about point guards and he is a point guard. Hinrich & Rose are easily the best POINT GUARD combo out of any being discussed here.

Kakaroach
02-09-2010, 07:23 PM
Hincrich and Rose
Billups and Lawson
D. Will and Price
Nelson and White Chocolate

Swashcuff
02-09-2010, 07:24 PM
Derrick Rose & Kirk Hinrich = 2 Proven NBA PG's IMO they are top 3

Nice sig. Just using that would make more sense that some of the posts the other posters who said Derrick and Kirk made. But seriously could you explain your view. I really want to hear point of view.

Legitimate
02-09-2010, 07:25 PM
it doesnt matter if hinrich is playing SG right now we are talking about point guards and he is a point guard. Hinrich & Rose are easily the best POINT GUARD combo out of any being discussed here.

look what this dude put..haha i pretty much stopped reading when i seen this hahahahahha. cp3 n collison without adoubt homey, maybe next year!!till then!

clutchski
02-09-2010, 07:25 PM
He is the best bench pg in the NBA because of his lacklustre start to the season and everyone kept calling for him to bench or be traded. THAT is why. Short memory huh. I cant blame you after all you seem delusional.

Calling me a troll :clap: congratulations

Dude relax. And if he wasn't coming off an injury he wouldn't have had such a lackluster start of the season on defense. We prefer him as a back up point/sixth man because he sparks the offense off the bench..it's obvious by how he leads the team. And there are other reasons why people would like to see Calderon traded. You just don't understand the innerworkings of our team because you're not consistently following them like we do :)

Legitimate
02-09-2010, 07:27 PM
Wow thanks for enlightening me. I could have sworn that Cavs, Jazz and Magic were still in the NBA.

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: Your homerism is unfathomable.

lol well just to keep u up todate. the raps run the 2nd highest offense in the nba.News flash!!!

Swashcuff
02-09-2010, 07:30 PM

I guarandamntee that you put Lawson in the nuggs starting line-up give him 32 mins and play him shooting guard and he's gonna put up better offensive numbers than Kirk. Why dont you talk about Kirk's contributions when he was related to the bench earlier in the season and compare that to Lawson's contribution all season long.

Swashcuff
02-09-2010, 07:33 PM
lol well just to keep u up todate. the raps run the 2nd highest offense in the nba.News flash!!!

my friend I am talking about when u said that they are the hottest. Do you know that basketball ball is play somewhere not named Canada. :facepalm: you continue to humiliate yourself.

JWO35
02-09-2010, 07:33 PM
Chauncey Billups and Ty Lawson

JerzeyFresh
02-09-2010, 07:36 PM
Billups and Lawson then Paul and Collison its close though

Swashcuff
02-09-2010, 07:46 PM
Dude relax. And if he wasn't coming off an injury he wouldn't have had such a lackluster start of the season on defense. We prefer him as a back up point/sixth man because he sparks the offense off the bench..it's obvious by how he leads the team. And there are other reasons why people would like to see Calderon traded. You just don't understand the innerworkings of our team because you're not consistently following them like we do :)

Ok a raps fan he isnt being being bias. That other poster really got me irritated with his ignorance. But i clearly remember raps fans as well as media calling calderon a bust (i disagreed) and that he isnt worth all the hype. They are a good duo no doubt about that but calling them the best is really pushing it by alot.

Mr. Fluffi
02-09-2010, 07:55 PM
I'm kind of repeating myself but the reason you can make an argument for Rose and Hinrich is that Hinrich plays PG when Rose is out of the game. Therefore he's not only our starting SG but also Roses backup. Hence the argument can be made.

PS: :facepalm: ... I just want to be cool too...

krest213
02-09-2010, 08:00 PM
damn no love for my man Tony Parker and G.hill.. Hi Haters!!!

Legitimate
02-09-2010, 08:00 PM
my friend I am talking about when u said that they are the hottest. Do you know that basketball ball is play somewhere not named Canada. :facepalm: you continue to humiliate yourself.

sigh

Legitimate
02-09-2010, 08:02 PM
Ok a raps fan he isnt being being bias. That other poster really got me irritated with his ignorance. But i clearly remember raps fans as well as media calling calderon a bust (i disagreed) and that he isnt worth all the hype. They are a good duo no doubt about that but calling them the best is really pushing it by alot.

I wasn't calling them the best obviously.......they arewithout a doubt top5 combo in the nba. dont put words into my mouth..

Vinny642
02-09-2010, 08:03 PM
Give me our duo, Collison is a great point guard, with alot of potential and would easily start on other teams, and Cp, well you know the rest.

Ballin274
02-09-2010, 08:05 PM
what about Duhon and Nate?... lmfao

Legitimate
02-09-2010, 08:07 PM
what about Duhon and Nate?... lmfao

you just made me choke on my food. shame on u!:facepalm::facepalm:

:cool:

Rego247
02-09-2010, 08:10 PM

wow ur team is 2 games above 500 and ur talking smack about our team..i have to agree with eaglesbaby4lyfe why dont u guys focus on making the playoffs first..till then act like u know :clap:

dolfan720
02-09-2010, 08:24 PM
jennings and ridinor

SA5195
02-09-2010, 09:09 PM
FWIW.. wasn't Calderon proclaimed the best PG in the East about a year ago by Raptor fans?

Nope.

Anyways...

Paul, and Collison, best PG duo IMO.

lvlheaded
02-09-2010, 09:35 PM
CP3 and Collison

Swashcuff
02-09-2010, 10:43 PM
sigh

Left with nothing else to do but sigh. Must be at yourself though for all the idiocracy you have posted on this thread.

MacFitz92
02-09-2010, 11:00 PM
Obviously it is J. Jack and Jose Calderon.

Hell... we're paying for 2 starting PGs.

I'll take this as a joke.

Billups and Lawson is my choice, but Jack and Calderon shouldn't be in the discussion.

Showmeyourtds
02-09-2010, 11:07 PM
Looking at the production of Collison starting with CP3 out it is a very easy pick giving it to CP3 and Collison. Best pg in the league and a high energy reserve.

C-Van
02-09-2010, 11:51 PM
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say Fisher and Farmar are up there, and Brooks and Lowry are right behind them.

Showmeyourtds
02-10-2010, 12:16 AM
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say Fisher and Farmar are up there, and Brooks and Lowry are right behind them.

:clap: Funniest joke of the day my friend congrats! I guess that explains why the lakers are so heavily pursuing a PG in a trade.

Swashcuff
02-10-2010, 01:30 PM

I had trememdous respect for your basketball knowledge b4 this. You must be joking.

Westbrook36
02-10-2010, 01:32 PM
Rose and Hinrich is quite good

C-Van
02-10-2010, 02:01 PM
:clap: Funniest joke of the day my friend congrats! I guess that explains why the lakers are so heavily pursuing a PG in a trade.

My attempt at humor was failed I think. I would never pick a PG who averages 2.5 assists per game, and shoots 39%, and his backup who looks like a Jersey Shore character.

C-Van
02-10-2010, 02:03 PM
I had trememdous respect for your basketball knowledge b4 this. You must be joking.

Hopefully my above statement will cause reparations.

Lowry and Brooks are a very solid duo, but both of them are about as tall as my Jiminy Cricket.

Swashcuff
02-10-2010, 03:15 PM
Hopefully my above statement will cause reparations.

Lowry and Brooks are a very solid duo, but both of them are about as tall as my Jiminy Cricket.

Lowry is a very underated back-up point and I totally agree. His produces real good in the limited time he gets.

Showmeyourtds
02-10-2010, 03:56 PM
My attempt at humor was failed I think. I would never pick a PG who averages 2.5 assists per game, and shoots 39%, and his backup who looks like a Jersey Shore character.

Ha you got a hell of a laugh out of me nice one! And now that I look at it dumbo (farmar) actually does look like a jersey shore character.:D

DenButsu
02-10-2010, 08:56 PM
The CP3/Collison vs. Billups/Lawson question is a good one. A lot of people might consider it somewhat of a wash looking at it like Paul has a slight advantage over Billups but Lawson has a slight advantage over Collison.

It probably gets more interesting next season, when we will have the chance to see how Lawson's and Collison's development progresses beyond their rookie seasons. But for my part right now, I'd have to go with the Denver duo, on the grounds of a few points:

-Billups and Lawson bring better overall defense
-They bring better balance (less significant dropoff when Chauncey leaves the court)
-They provide a much more dramatic change-up due to their difference in style/speed of play, creating mismatch problems and rotation problems for opponents
-They provide more rotational versatility as Billups has enough size to move to the 2 spot and play alongside Lawson, allowing Karl to put two playmakers on the floor together.

Swashcuff
02-10-2010, 09:13 PM
The CP3/Collison vs. Billups/Lawson question is a good one. A lot of people might consider it somewhat of a wash looking at it like Paul has a slight advantage over Billups but Lawson has a slight advantage over Collison.

It probably gets more interesting next season, when we will have the chance to see how Lawson's and Collison's development progresses beyond their rookie seasons. But for my part right now, I'd have to go with the Denver duo, on the grounds of a few points:

-Billups and Lawson bring better overall defense
-They bring better balance (less significant dropoff when Chauncey leaves the court)
-They provide a much more dramatic change-up due to their difference in style/speed of play, creating mismatch problems and rotation problems for opponents
-They provide more rotational versatility as Billups has enough size to move to the 2 spot and play alongside Lawson, allowing Karl to put two playmakers on the floor together.

You didnt have to do all this to back up your point but yet still you did thus making it even harder to vote against them. Why can't the Rose/Hinrich fans do the same instead of saying the same non sensical thing over and over

DenButsu
02-10-2010, 09:17 PM
You didnt have to do all this to back up your point but yet still you did thus making it even harder to vote against them. Why can't the Rose/Hinrich fans do the same instead of saying the same non sensical thing over and over

Well, I've been accused of homerism enough to know that my opinion won't be taken seriously unless I back it up.

And in fairness to Bulls fans, there definitely are those who do make good points about Rose/Hinrich (etc.).

As a general observation, it's great to see so many young PGs in the conversation. It will be really interesting this year to see which youngsters can step up and make an impact in the playoffs. That could go a long way in clearing up some of the questions being debated here.

Bearsfan54
02-10-2010, 09:26 PM
Rose Hinrich FTW

Bearsfan54
02-10-2010, 09:31 PM
Rose = Top 5 PG in league, on the rise, great offense, good D
Hinrich= Top Ten Defender in the league and has ability to be great when he starts

Bashna
02-10-2010, 09:45 PM
^ Rose isn't top 5 yet. Hinrich isn't a top 10 defender. Maybe a top 10 PG defender (infact probably 2 or 3) but not top 10 out of the league...With that said Rose/Hinrich is probably the best PG duo IF hinrich isn't starting...Since he has been starting at SG i'll go with Nash-Dragic =)

td0tsfinest
02-10-2010, 09:48 PM
Chauncey and TY. But Jose and Jack are doing quite a job on the raptors but thats just me being a homer.

MacFitz92
02-10-2010, 10:00 PM

That is the funniest joke on these forums I've heard. There are so many more combinations that are better its not funny.

Shoot even my team is a lot better than Fish and Farmar. Kidd and Beaubois leave those 2 guys in the dust. Now that I think about it, I wouldn't hesitate to say the Laker's combination of PGs are in the bottom half of the NBA.

runforrestrunx9
02-10-2010, 10:02 PM

lmao

Vinny642
02-10-2010, 11:36 PM
Ask the Celtics, im sure they'll tell you.

Swashcuff
02-10-2010, 11:43 PM
Ask the Celtics, im sure they'll tell you.

:eyebrow:good one. He's really balling. Is it me or is Peja playing better since Collison has been playing at this level?

tMoNEy24
02-11-2010, 12:55 AM
Cp3 and the emergence of Darren Collisooooooon ! Tyreke and Beno =]

Ballin274
02-11-2010, 01:24 AM
you just made me choke on my food. shame on u!:facepalm::facepalm:

:cool:

lol. that was kind of the point, sorry if you choked though

Vinny642
02-11-2010, 01:54 AM
:eyebrow:good one. He's really balling. Is it me or is Peja playing better since Collison has been playing at this level?

I dont think how Peja is doing has to do with Collison, but he has been playing great recently. But Peja suffered from a back injury in one of the past seasons and they take time for older players to become fully healthy, I guess it took him a while and now he can move again and drive to the rim better than before

DC Dynasty
02-12-2010, 12:22 AM
Collison and Paul. Both are young and aren't even in their prime.