PDA

View Full Version : Cavs, 76ers Remain Most Likely Destinations For Amare Stoudemire

JordansBulls
02-09-2010, 09:51 AM
Link (http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepublic/sports/articles/2010/02/08/20100208suns-stoudemire-trade-defense.html)

On this final march to the Feb. 18 NBA trade deadline, there is no imminent Amar'e Stoudemire trade, but a deal with major franchise implications remains quite possible.

The Suns' most frequently mentioned potential trade partners are Cleveland and Philadelphia.

A trade prospect with Cleveland combines a financial windfall and a young, promising power forward replacement in J.J. Hickson, whom the Suns liked in the 2008 draft when they tabbed center Robin Lopez. Phoenix would stand to save several million dollars in a deal involving center Zydrunas Ilgauskas, who received most of his salary up front and could be bought out to move Phoenix toward the possibility of being a luxury tax recipient rather than payer.

Possibilities with Philadelphia could be stronger with two fronts, a deal between bringing in swingman Andre Iguodala for Stoudemire with perhaps young power forward Marreese Speights or a three-way deal involving Detroit with Pistons guard Ben Gordon winding up in Philadelphia and the Suns getting Iguodala and Detroit power forward Chris Wilcox. The rub with Iguodala, a 26-year-old former Arizona star, is inheriting a contract that will pay him $56.5 million over the next four seasons.

Stoudemire's declaration that he is leaning toward picking up next season's $17.7 million option also has muddied the trade waters for teams who like him as an expiring deal.

dougie5627
02-09-2010, 10:05 AM
why would philly give up a young and promising pf like speights as well as iggy for ben gorden lol. whereas pistons give up ben and wilcox for amare that trade makes no sense at all

#1Mavericksfan
02-09-2010, 11:40 AM
Shaq and Amare didn't work on the Suns and the Cavs are gonna some how make it work?......

koreancabbage
02-09-2010, 11:54 AM
i don't see the reasoning behind the Suns looking at Iguadala. they are gonna be **** for the rest of the year and years to come. They are trading a larger commodity in the NBA than what they are receiving back in AI. Talented big men are more rare than wing players. in Amare's case, they should trade for a talented big. and no, i didn't mean speights

JOSKOMANG4
02-09-2010, 12:02 PM
Big fan of the 3 way deal with Philly, Detriot, & Phoenix.

If Philly can land both A'mare & Ben Gordon.. Kudos.. but I honeslty believe Detroit would seek to acquire A'Mare.

bringinwood
02-09-2010, 12:05 PM
Shaq and Amare didn't work on the Suns and the Cavs are gonna some how make it work?......

Shaq, Amare, and LeBron is a much different beast...

Plus, this team has an emphasis on defense... It's chemistry is a little different than Phoenix...

That being said, i'd rather see him end up on Philly... I think he could be beast with Brand...

JordansBulls
02-09-2010, 05:12 PM
If Cleveland got Amare, they would be hands down the favorite.

tMoNEy24
02-09-2010, 05:16 PM
A lineup of Mo Delonte/Parker LBJ Amare Shaq would be so crazy wouldn't even be funny. Who could stop that? Amare and Shaq didn't work in Phoenix BUT they didn't have LBJ next to them. Not saying it would work BUT Amare and Shaq know they'd be SO close to a 'Ship it'd make them play harder

Bashna
02-09-2010, 05:30 PM
A lineup of Mo Delonte/Parker LBJ Amare Shaq would be so crazy wouldn't even be funny. Who could stop that? Amare and Shaq didn't work in Phoenix BUT they didn't have LBJ next to them. Not saying it would work BUT Amare and Shaq know they'd be SO close to a 'Ship it'd make them play harder

You're right...They dont have LBJ, but they have one of the few better passers in Nash. Sry, Amare-Shaq doesn't work.

TheKing23
02-09-2010, 05:46 PM
I think there is more long term thinking behind the Cavs trading for Amar'e. Big Z's expiring is the last valuable trading piece (besides LeBron) the Cavs have to improve the team for the next two to three years (assuming LeBron re-signs).

Trading for Amar'e will give LeBron a huge reason to stay, so even if it didn't work out, i'm sure LeBron wouldn't mind re-signing and starting a dynasty with him and Amar'e at the helm.

A Big Z, JJ Hickson, Jawad Williams, first rounder and cash would practically gift wrap the Cavs the NBA title for the next 4-5 years...

PG: Mo Williams/Delonte West
SG: Anthony Parker/Boobie Gibson
SF: LeBron James/Jamario Moon
PF: Amar'e Stoudemire/Leon Powe
C: Anderson Varejao/Big Z (if he was re-signed in the offseason)

If Amar'e wants money AND wants to win he's best option is to push for the Cavs trade. There is NO WAY he re-signs with Philly unless he just wants the moolah. If Phoenix want talent in return they take the Sixers' deal (and presumably the inflated contracts of Iggy, $69.5 million over 5 years, and Dalembert, $23 million over 2 years), if they want financial freedom, they take the Cavs deal. If they want to lose Amar'e in the summer for nothing, they stand pat at the deadline.

pistonsfanomg
02-09-2010, 06:05 PM
Detroit or Philadelphia will get Stoudemire

I don't see Cleveland getting him.

CavsBrownsOSU
02-09-2010, 06:16 PM
this coming from a pistons fan go figure... no ryhme or reason just tryin to hate on cleveland.. well written and thought out..

(pistonsfanomg) Detroit or Philadelphia will get Stoudemire

fadedmario
02-09-2010, 06:25 PM
this coming from a pistons fan go figure... no ryhme or reason just tryin to hate on cleveland.. well written and thought out..

(pistonsfanomg) Detroit or Philadelphia will get Stoudemire

Actually Cleveland has backed off trying to aqcuire Amare. The latest rumor does have philly, det, and the suns discussing a deal. Speights is not mentioned. I'm a Detroit fan and I dont want Amare in a pistons uniform. And if your going to knock Detroit fans, this is Cleveland's last year at being a contender. Everyone knows if Lebron was truly faithfull to his hometown he would have already signed. It's not like he can get more money playing somewhere else. What's he waiting for?

ko8e24
02-09-2010, 07:41 PM
Actually Cleveland has backed off trying to aqcuire Amare. The latest rumor does have philly, det, and the suns discussing a deal. Speights is not mentioned. I'm a Detroit fan and I dont want Amare in a pistons uniform. And if your going to knock Detroit fans, this is Cleveland's last year at being a contender. Everyone knows if Lebron was truly faithfull to his hometown he would have already signed. It's not like he can get more money playing somewhere else. What's he waiting for?

What's your source????

fadedmario
02-09-2010, 11:08 PM
What's your source????

Espn Insider, as of now no deal with any teams are being discussed for Amare trade. He will take his option for next year and still be with suns. The Detroit/philly/suns deal was just a rumor.

JPHX
02-09-2010, 11:13 PM
STAT aint goin nowhere.

ChaseHamels
02-09-2010, 11:26 PM
As a Sixers fan I don't even want Amare...why would we want ANOTHER injury plagued big man. I don't know why the Cavs would want him and break the rhythm they have going. But LBJ is not going to be a Cavalier next year so they HAVE to win this year.

Shady66
02-09-2010, 11:30 PM
if we do any of these trades, suns organization deserves many of these
:facepalm:

masalex1205
02-09-2010, 11:33 PM
STAT aint goin nowhere.

righhhttttt

RaysFan
02-10-2010, 12:38 AM

What do you mean by "it didn't work"? It didn't work for Phoenix but I don't see how replacing JJ Hickson with Amare Stoudemire doesn't make Cleveland the favorite for the NBA Title.

RaysFan
02-10-2010, 12:40 AM
BTW, the only 2 places Amare will be traded to is Cleveland and New Jersey. I don't see any other team that will give up something of value for Amare.

Ultimately I think Cleveland will be the best package Phoenix gets for Amare, but it will be so average (Hickson and a few 1st round picks) that they just won't be able to justify that to their fans. Then they will lose Amare in the off-season for nothing.

krazylegz
02-10-2010, 01:00 AM
they want Z,hickson,and the 1st round pick next year for amare???????....ummm,yea,make that philly being the most likely scenerio

Bishnoff
02-10-2010, 01:12 AM
Espn Insider, as of now no deal with any teams are being discussed for Amare trade. He will take his option for next year and still be with suns. The Detroit/philly/suns deal was just a rumor.

So you are saying that ESPN Insider has specifically said that Amar'e won't be traded now? Can you quote the article where this was mentioned (since Insider links won't work for those not signed up)?

fadedmario
02-10-2010, 10:04 AM
So you are saying that ESPN Insider has specifically said that Amar'e won't be traded now? Can you quote the article where this was mentioned (since Insider links won't work for those not signed up)?

yOUR COOL:clap:

rhaas74
02-10-2010, 11:52 AM

You can't quote from a paid site, and you have to pay for Insider.

td0tsfinest
02-10-2010, 11:55 AM
Amare and Lebron on one team but just turn into a dunk competition.

JordansBulls
02-10-2010, 11:59 AM
Going to lock this since we have a trade speculation thread already.