PDA

View Full Version : Organizations We Never Thought Would Be Represented in the NBA All-Star Game

ko8e24
02-09-2010, 03:36 AM
If I were to tell you at the beginning of the season, that the NBA All-Star Game, besides having the regular representative from the Lakers, Celtics, Cavaliers, Magic, Nuggets etc....

Who would have thought that there would be a representative(s) from the Memphis Grizzlies, the Oklahoma City Thunder, Atlanta Hawks, Los Angeles Clippers, the Chicago Bulls and the Charlotte Bobcats :speechless:

Well my friends, that's exactly what has happened here. These franchises were the butt of everyone's jokes the last couple of yrs. Clippers franchise has always been ridiculed. Grizzlies franchise has been ridiculed for most of its short existence, especially after the Pau-Kwame trade, the Seattle Sonics were terrible their last few yrs, and were in a rebuilding mode their last season and during the name change to the OKC THunder, the BObcats were ridiculed in their very shot 5-yr existence and a lot of pessimism with MJ owning the team (after they saw how he handled the Wizards ownership job), and the Hawks (not until the 2008 playoffs, where they took Boston to 7 games), were they the ridicule of people's jokes since the departure of Dikembe Mutombo and Steve Smith in the late 90's. After the departure of His Airness in 1998, the Bulls haven't had an all-star....since now, 12 yrs later. And we know how much ridicule they have received over the past dozen yrs (even with their 2 playoffs appearances since 98)

Well, now there are 7 all-stars from these 6 franchises.

Los Angeles Clippers-Chris Kaman
Memphis Grizzlies-Zach Randolph
Oklahoma City Thunder-Kevin Durant
Charlotte Bobcats-Gerald Wallace
Chicago Bulls-Derrick Rose
Atlanta Hawks-Joe Johnson & Al Horford

I think we are in a great era of basketball where now, we are seeing the rise of many new teams and franchises re-defining themselves. This perhaps, being the first step, as having a player(s) representing the franchise in the NBA's celebration that is the NBA All-Star Game.

What are your thoughts to this very ironic turnout of franchises being represented in the 2010 NBA All-Star Game.

DerekRE_3
02-09-2010, 03:42 AM
The Kings will also have a good amount of guys representing them ASW. Chris Webber, Tyreke Evans (rookie game and shooting stars), Omri Casspi (rookie game and H.O.R.S.E)

ko8e24
02-09-2010, 03:46 AM
The Kings will also have a good amount of guys representing them ASW. Chris Webber, Tyreke Evans (rookie game and shooting stars), Omri Casspi (rookie game and H.O.R.S.E)

Oh no, I meant the NBA All-Star Game. The BIg ONe.

But no, not trying to discredit what the young up and coming energetic Kings squad as done. I'm sure in a yr or so Tyreke Evans will be in the all-star game representing the West. But, he has very very tough competition out west for a guard position in the ASG game.

ldc62
02-09-2010, 04:19 AM
The only organization that should be listed [as a surprise] are the Bobcats and the Thunder (Though KD was amazing with the Supersonics too). All the other ones had all-stars before. Hawks had one last year and everyone knew Rose was going to make it sooner or later. Also why didn't you mention the 76ers?

abe_froman
02-09-2010, 04:23 AM
2?,we've had 4 playoff appearances

there was a long period of suck(99-04) and 4 isnt that much better,but still...

Ezekial
02-09-2010, 04:37 AM
I think he meant the Bulls as in there hasn't been an all star from the bulls in... what now? 10 years? Derrick Rose will be an ASG regular though.

JordansBulls
02-09-2010, 09:15 AM
I think he meant the Bulls as in there hasn't been an all star from the bulls in... what now? 10 years? Derrick Rose will be an ASG regular though.

12 years

Draco
02-09-2010, 10:39 AM
Wasn't Elton Brand an Allstar for the Clippers in 2006? Lame thread.

SteveNash
02-09-2010, 04:44 PM
Wasn't Elton Brand an Allstar for the Clippers in 2006? Lame thread.

Wasn't Joe Johnson an All Star the last 3 years?

pebloemer
02-09-2010, 05:00 PM
If I were to tell you at the beginning of the season, that the NBA All-Star Game, besides having the regular representative from the Lakers, Celtics, Cavaliers, Magic, Nuggets etc....

Who would have thought that there would be a representative(s) from the Memphis Grizzlies, the Oklahoma City Thunder, Atlanta Hawks, Los Angeles Clippers, the Chicago Bulls and the Charlotte Bobcats :speechless:

Well my friends, that's exactly what has happened here. These franchises were the butt of everyone's jokes the last couple of yrs. Clippers franchise has always been ridiculed. Grizzlies franchise has been ridiculed for most of its short existence, especially after the Pau-Kwame trade, the Seattle Sonics were terrible their last few yrs, and were in a rebuilding mode their last season and during the name change to the OKC THunder, the BObcats were ridiculed in their very shot 5-yr existence and a lot of pessimism with MJ owning the team (after they saw how he handled the Wizards ownership job), and the Hawks (not until the 2008 playoffs, where they took Boston to 7 games), were they the ridicule of people's jokes since the departure of Dikembe Mutombo and Steve Smith in the late 90's. After the departure of His Airness in 1998, the Bulls haven't had an all-star....since now, 12 yrs later. And we know how much ridicule they have received over the past dozen yrs (even with their 2 playoffs appearances since 98)

Well, now there are 7 all-stars from these 6 franchises.

Los Angeles Clippers-Chris Kaman
Memphis Grizzlies-Zach Randolph
Oklahoma City Thunder-Kevin Durant
Charlotte Bobcats-Gerald Wallace
Chicago Bulls-Derrick Rose
Atlanta Hawks-Joe Johnson & Al Horford

I think we are in a great era of basketball where now, we are seeing the rise of many new teams and franchises re-defining themselves. This perhaps, being the first step, as having a player(s) representing the franchise in the NBA's celebration that is the NBA All-Star Game.

What are your thoughts to this very ironic turnout of franchises being represented in the 2010 NBA All-Star Game.

Wasn't Kaman snubbed?

tMoNEy24
02-09-2010, 05:07 PM
He got in due to injury ^^^^^^^

pebloemer
02-09-2010, 05:23 PM
He got in due to injury ^^^^^^^

Thanks. I didn't know they decided that yet.