PDA

View Full Version : If Lebron leaves Cleveland..

giants9689
02-08-2010, 08:26 PM
How many games would the cavs win? I cant see them winning more than 25-30 without him unless they at least try to replace him with another big name in free agency. Thoughts?

superkegger
02-08-2010, 08:30 PM
Well, they'd probably have some money to spend, since Shaq, Z, and Bron who take up like 40 mil in cap space would come off the books. So, who knows. Who cares at this point. This season is still going on, who cares what they might do next year if LeBron leaves.

BALLER71
02-08-2010, 08:31 PM
They could possibly sign two all-star caliber players...

mikantsass
02-08-2010, 08:37 PM
The combo of Bron, Shaq and Z off the books can lead to the signings of Bosh and Wade. or Johnson, Amare and Lee

giants9689
02-08-2010, 08:46 PM
thats a good point, i didnt realize theyd be that much under the cap if they dont resign him, i guess its totally up in the air.

RaptorizedKevin
02-08-2010, 09:18 PM
if lebron leaves cleveland, theyre a lottery team. im sorry.

Jonathan2323
02-08-2010, 09:22 PM
If Lebron leaves no star would want to go to Cleveland. Doesn't matter how much salary cap they have. They might overpay for players like Rudy Gay and Lee.

MaHaRaJaH
02-08-2010, 11:14 PM
If Lebron leaves no star would want to go to Cleveland. Doesn't matter how much salary cap they have. They might overpay for players like Rudy Gay and Lee.

I seriously doubt that. LeBron made Cleveland into a big market city for basketball, where players there get a lot of TV time. Players still want That.

samxeyeam
02-09-2010, 12:14 AM
I agree with most people here... If Lebron leaves, the team is done for... Even if the team has all that cap space, would they go to cleveland? No offense to the city but if you werent born in cleveland or anywhere in ohio and you were a star player, would you sign with that team?

philab
02-09-2010, 12:31 AM

You don't know that at all.

Dan Gilbert (the owner) has proven to be a VERY good owner. He spends the extra dollar on everything to put a good product out there. The fans love him, the players love him, the coaches love him. Cleveland packs the house every game and the franchise is enormously successful.

I know another FA/max FA isn't LeBron and so things would be a bit different. Still, Gilbert has created a very good atmosphere for players and fans, and some players surely take notice of that.

And you're a fan of the Heat. Last time I checked, the Heat had the smallest arena and couldn't even fill it every night. Isn't the team in the middle of the pack attendance-wise?

Raph12
02-09-2010, 12:38 AM
If Lebron goes to NY, the faceoff against LA at MSG will be HUGE!!!

Jonathan2323
02-09-2010, 12:41 AM
You don't know that at all.

Dan Gilbert (the owner) has proven to be a VERY good owner. He spends the extra dollar on everything to put a good product out there. The fans love him, the players love him, the coaches love him. Cleveland packs the house every game and the franchise is enormously successful.

I know another FA/max FA isn't LeBron and so things would be a bit different. Still, Gilbert has created a very good atmosphere for players and fans, and some players surely take notice of that.

And you're a fan of the Heat. Last time I checked, the Heat had the smallest arena and couldn't even fill it every night. Isn't the team in the middle of the pack attendance-wise?

last time i checked this thread wasn't about the Heat.

I doubt LeBron leaves, but if he does the Cavs are DONE!

Xeroprime99
02-09-2010, 12:48 AM
If Bron leaves then id expect them to use the money for a good Up and coming player, Rudy Gay wouldnt be a bad thought. but use the rest for a prospect. Without Bron there Players like Bosh and Wade arent gonna think twice to sign with the cavs. Remember guys b4 He walked into the league The cavs were a Practice team for The already Garbage east.

commonsense12
02-09-2010, 01:04 AM
The Cavs have 33 mill guaranteed for next year, the salary cap is prob going to be 50-54mill next year. So they have 17-21 mill to spend, could add some nice pieces.

ManRam
02-09-2010, 01:10 AM
Without LeBroin they're a bottom 5 team. they might have the money to sign a max player...but I doubt a max player will want to sign there. LeBron is the Cavs

philab
02-09-2010, 01:11 AM
last time i checked this thread wasn't about the Heat.

I doubt LeBron leaves, but if he does the Cavs are DONE!

I'm pointing out to you the absurdity of your argument. Apparently you believe that warm weather is #1 on every player's priority when testing the FA waters.

And repeating the same stupid argument doesn't make it better.

Raph12
02-09-2010, 01:44 AM
I'm pointing out to you the absurdity of your argument. Apparently you believe that warm weather is #1 on every player's priority when testing the FA waters.

Lebron playing in MSG would be epic and Knicks fans would finally have something to cheer about, plus the Yankees are his fav team in baseball so it sounds like a win-win.

Lebron in NYC would rake in major money for the league as a whole... With that being said, idk if he leaves Cleveland.

Jonathan2323
02-09-2010, 01:45 AM

how were the Cavs doing before Lebron?

philab
02-09-2010, 01:59 AM
how were the Cavs doing before Lebron?

I don't get what this means . . .

Are we talking about the quality of the team or the profitability of the franchise?

If it's the former, then your point is stupid. The Knicks are expected to draw in a FA and they've been horrible for many years now.

If it's the latter, then I'm wondering why a Heat fan is talking **** when his team has a top 3 player in the world and has trouble filling seats.

Just to be sure, I'm NOT talking **** here. I'm merely pointing out the absurdity of your arguments. Cleveland has been a good atmosphere for basketball the last 5-6 years. Some players are sure to take notice of this and one or two may even decide to jump on board. To act like cold weather and no LeBron would prevent any chance of signing FAs is pretty ****ing dumb.

streetballa
02-09-2010, 02:11 AM
Without Lebron Cleveland would be a mid-level playoff team to a lottery team. It does not matter who they sign really, assuming other teams in better markets snag up the top names in free agency. They would have money to make a run at some players but struggle to get them because Cleveland is not a top ten destination for many people. Also Cleveland is on TV now because of Lebron, without him does anyone believe they would still have as many national tv game? They would automatically be in rebuilding mode because they are built around Lebron and since he is a freak of nature they would be useless without him.
If he leaves they might as well sell the team and move them to Seattle or maybe even Vegas (I hear they want a franchise). But that would be extreme, I know.

philab
02-09-2010, 02:14 AM
Lebron playing in MSG would be epic and Knicks fans would finally have something to cheer about, plus the Yankees are his fav team in baseball so it sounds like a win-win.

Lebron in NYC would rake in major money for the league as a whole... With that being said, idk if he leaves Cleveland.

What does this have to do with anything? This is so wildly off-topic that I never could have possibly imagined it as a response.

We're talking about Cleveland's ability to lure FAs if LeBron leaves.

Public Enemy #1
02-09-2010, 02:20 AM
Cleveland a big city that gets airtime? Thats a joke, the only reason people know about the city is because of Lebron. If Lebron goes, no star would want to go there to play with scrubs. lol You guys have to be realistic, if Lebron isn't on the Cavaliers next year, the Cavs will have the worst record and be lottery bound like they were before they got LBJ.

_KB24_
02-09-2010, 02:24 AM
They would have a shitload amount of money to spend. They could possibly sign a couple very good players to play alongside their shooters. Still a playoff team.

ldc62
02-09-2010, 04:22 AM
25 - 30 games is a generous win total. Why do people think Danny Ferry is a good GM? He had Lebron before he got there for goodness sake.

todu82
02-09-2010, 09:25 AM
They'd be lucky to win 30.

TheWatcher34
02-09-2010, 10:01 AM
if James leaves i doubt that any big name free agent will sign with the cavs for obvious reasons. no one is willing to try to take on those footsteps in CLE and moreover the fans will be pissed and impossible to please unless they get Wade AND Bosh (wont happen!)

Pierzynski4Prez
02-09-2010, 10:59 AM
If Lebron leaves, Cleveland will still get someone decent. Gay and Lee are good fallbacks. There are only so many teams with cap space to make offers, say Lebron, Wade, and Bosh all sign elsewhere, that could possibly eliminate 3 teams that have cap space, leaving some other guys like Gay and Lee forced to accept an offer from the Cavs, unless they are willing to take a MLE somewhere else, which I doubt.

But IMO, the Cavs are Lebron, Cleveland is Lebron. Any one that points out that Cleveland sells out games or whatever, hmmm, why do you think? LEBRON. Without him, I assure you ticket sales take a hit immediately.

cheezinmypocket
02-09-2010, 11:07 AM
I seriously doubt that. LeBron made Cleveland into a big market city for basketball, where players there get a lot of TV time. Players still want That.

Lebron is the market in Cleveland. If he leaves so does the TV time. Do you really think anyone cares about the Cavaliers if Lebron isn't playing there? They'd get about as much coverage as Sacremento.

CheeznWingz
02-09-2010, 11:20 AM
If lebron leaves...IF.....They won't sign guys like Bosh( staying in TO) or Wade. The reason why guys will go to Cleveland now is because of Lebron. I'm not knocking the city of Cleveland, but that franchise was nothing before Lebron, and probably will be nothing again the day he leaves.

DaoudS
02-09-2010, 11:52 AM
If LeBron leaves, I can see the Cavs going hard after Joe Johnson or Rudy Gay or some profound scorer who is in free agency.

prodigy
02-09-2010, 11:55 AM
How many games would the cavs win? I cant see them winning more than 25-30 without him unless they at least try to replace him with another big name in free agency. Thoughts?

No reason to make a post like this. Your just setting up Cleveland to get bashed.

If any team loses their super-star they will struggle.

JOSKOMANG4
02-09-2010, 12:08 PM
w/o Lebron.. they will not attract any high-caliber Free agents, but b/c they play in a Not-so powerful conference(Eastern).. I can see them being a 35-40 win team.. a possible 7th seed in the eastern conference.

JOSKOMANG4
02-09-2010, 12:11 PM
If Cleveland couldn't sign Lebron in the next upcoming months.. I think they should trade him. I would love to see Lebron in Portland IMO.

- T.Outlaw(SF), R.Fernandez(SG/PG), Bayliss(PG), and 2010 1st rd pick for Lebron.

GreenMan305
02-09-2010, 12:12 PM
lebron can go to any team in the nba right now and they would be title contenders.. the cavs wouldnt even make the playoffs...

mo
parker
?
hickson
Z

that is terrible only 1 guy to create there own shot and mostly three pointers a that

GoNY
02-09-2010, 12:37 PM
If Cleveland couldn't sign Lebron in the next upcoming months.. I think they should trade him. I would love to see Lebron in Portland IMO.

- T.Outlaw(SF), R.Fernandez(SG/PG), Bayliss(PG), and 2010 1st rd pick for Lebron.

LOL!!! Thanks for the laugh.

Add Roy and Aldridge to that deal and it's still lopsided in Portland's favor.