PDA

View Full Version : The official trade deadline thread

I Am Awesome-O
02-08-2010, 03:39 PM
We are a mere 11 days away from the much-anticipated trade deadline. The Grizzlies are almost certainly going to make a move to improve bench depth. So far, they have been linked to Ronnie Brewer, CDR, and Dorell Wright.

Post any thoughts, ideas, proposals you have on the trade deadline here.

mzgrizz
02-08-2010, 07:16 PM
I wouldn't be counting on any moves, but we sure can hope they will!!
I can be pleasantly surprised.

I Am Awesome-O
02-08-2010, 07:31 PM
I wouldn't be counting on any moves, but we sure can hope they will!!
I can be pleasantly surprised.

I can almost guarantee that we will make a move of some sort. Worst case scenario, Dorell Wright will be in a Grizz uniform by the 19th.

The Jokemaker
02-09-2010, 12:38 AM
need a more defensive minded guy and need a scorer off the bench. last couple games grizzlies have not been able to stop ANYBODY when it came down to it. we definitely need more scoring off the bench, i love carroll, sam young, and the rest of the bench but as of right now, we need more. CDR would be the move to make because he is hometown which garners a little bit extra attention to the team and the boy can play. I remember from his college days the guy has a knack for just putting the ball in the hoop whichever way is necesary.

mzgrizz
02-09-2010, 12:43 AM
I hope they can see the starters HAVE to have some relief. Getting the right player is an absolute. After hearing Wallace on the radio and seeing his words in print 2 days later...well, they weren't the same! SO I am not so sure we will see too much. He was pretty sure about watching the cap and not getting into any long term contracts. The way I see it; we need a 4 to spell consistent relief for Randolph and a reliable PG. Can we get that for $3.2M ?

drob33
02-09-2010, 04:44 AM
I hope they can see the starters HAVE to have some relief. Getting the right player is an absolute. After hearing Wallace on the radio and seeing his words in print 2 days later...well, they weren't the same! SO I am not so sure we will see too much. He was pretty sure about watching the cap and not getting into any long term contracts. The way I see it; we need a 4 to spell consistent relief for Randolph and a reliable PG. Can we get that for $3.2M ?

Well, hopefully Arthur can come back healthy and plug in well. As for just trading some combination of our bench and draft pick(s) for a decent PG, I don't see that happening. Hunter does almost have a $4m dollar expiring that maybe we could do something with. I think for the remainder of the season we will have to get by with Conley, Tinsley, and Williams. We could still use any, solid defensive wing or the three names that have been coming up in recent discussions (Brewer, CDR, or Wright).

I'd like to see if we could swing this deal:

1) Conley, Hunter, and our 1st this year or next
for
D. Harris and CDR

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yzh99dm

I'd even be willing to throw in Thabeet instead of the pick, because I think he will just get in the way of re-signing Gasol, if we even have a chance at that

EDIT: In all fairness, after reconsidering I don't think it would be fair value to restrict the draft pick we offered. SO, this would in all likelihood give them two lottery picks and a much better chance at landing Wall.

Stunner
02-10-2010, 02:07 AM
John Salmons and for Steven Hunter and Marcus Williams

Monta is beast
02-10-2010, 10:03 PM
Hey what do you guys think of this trade?

GSW Trades
Randolph
Ellis

GRIZZ
Randolph
Hunter
2nd round pick

mzgrizz
02-11-2010, 12:44 AM
Z-Bo is an untouchable at this point to me. How about Thabeet and Carroll and pick?

Monta is beast
02-11-2010, 12:53 AM
Z-Bo is an untouchable at this point to me. How about Thabeet and Carroll and pick?

I have a quick question

Who the hell is z-bo lol

Uhm if its Randolph, Why would we take thabeet he has no offense and it does not look like he will ever

I Am Awesome-O
02-11-2010, 01:31 AM
Hey what do you guys think of this trade?

GSW Trades
Randolph
Ellis

GRIZZ
Randolph
Hunter
2nd round pick

As awesome as Zach Randolph has been this year, this deal is quite interesting. Not sure I would do it, but the value is definitely there.

If I told you last year that we would get Monta Ellis and Anthony Randolph for Darko Milicic, I would have been laughed at and ridiculed. Well, if this deal came to fruition, that is essentially what would have happened.

Monta is beast
02-11-2010, 02:39 PM
As awesome as Zach Randolph has been this year, this deal is quite interesting. Not sure I would do it, but the value is definitely there.

If I told you last year that we would get Monta Ellis and Anthony Randolph for Darko Milicic, I would have been laughed at and ridiculed. Well, if this deal came to fruition, that is essentially what would have happened.

Well listen to this. You guys are very young, You have time to grow, When Randolph leaves what happens. We all know he has an attitude prob. The warriors need a PF really bad and he is the best rebounder in the league, tag that with biedrins and how curry plays when ellis is not in the lineup it would be nice

Big Quett
02-11-2010, 04:19 PM
Well listen to this. You guys are very young, You have time to grow, When Randolph leaves what happens. We all know he has an attitude prob. The warriors need a PF really bad and he is the best rebounder in the league, tag that with biedrins and how curry plays when ellis is not in the lineup it would be nice

Ok first off if Zach has such an attitude problem why would you want him?

And how is pairng him with biedrins be niice for you guys help us?

mzgrizz
02-12-2010, 01:35 AM
^^^^^ Look, he needs to know that Z-Bo is Zach Randolph.....enough said.

Deezys 40th acc
02-12-2010, 12:02 PM
^^^^
And that Z-Bo has said publicly that he loves Memphis and wants to finish his career here because he's never had the support like he has here, PLUS he's only 28.
He isn't going anywhere, and our FO most likely will re-sign him after next season.
Why would we want to trade our star for a ballhog and a forward prospect?

I Am Awesome-O
02-13-2010, 12:17 AM
7 days....

mzgrizz
02-13-2010, 12:40 AM
I am turning 3 shades of blue holding my breath!!!!!!!!!!!

I Am Awesome-O
02-14-2010, 05:15 PM
Miami has pursued Stoudemire hard but has no one on its roster (besides Dwyane Wade) that interests Phoenix, according to sources. That includes Michael Beasley. So it would take a three-team deal for Stoudemire to be traded to the Heat.

Of course, Cleveland can also pursue three-team deals that would sweeten the offer for Phoenix.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4913834

If Miami is going to make a final push for Amare, Memphis should get in on the deal, because Kerr obviously doesn't believe in Michael Beasley's potential. Perhaps a deal built around Beasley to Memphis, Thabeet to Phoenix, and Stoudemire to Miami.

BigSims3030
02-14-2010, 06:26 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4913834

If Miami is going to make a final push for Amare, Memphis should get in on the deal, because Kerr obviously doesn't believe in Michael Beasley's potential. Perhaps a deal built around Beasley to Memphis, Thabeet to Phoenix, and Stoudemire to Miami.

I think we might have to throw in one of our 1st rounders for this to work. We might have to trade Rudy tho. Send him and Thabeet to PHX. The Heat gives us Cook and Beasley.

Lo Porto
02-14-2010, 06:27 PM
Memphis has to make a deal. They're stupid not to. They're sitting on $3.2 million in free cap space, they're a ton under the cap and they're right outside of their first trip to the playoffs. There are many teams just looking to dump guys making anywhere from $2 to $8 million. The Griz have a few very nice expirings (Hunter and Williams combine for $4.6). If you add in the space and these expirings, then ya'll could take any player making $8 or less and still be fine.

For example, the Griz could get Nocioni (a tough, D playing wing for their bench) for Hunter and Williams: http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yk5v7s9

Or Hunter and the Lakers pick for Tyrus and Pargo: http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ygeh4sl

Your best bet is being part of a big 3 team deal. With that space, you guys could give somebody cap relief and take assets for your effort.

I Am Awesome-O
02-15-2010, 10:02 PM
Roger Mason is available-

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ys-m...o&type=lgns (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ys-masonspurs021510&prov=yhoo&type=lgns)

One league executive says there’s “significant” interest from other teams in dealing for Mason.

We've got to be one of those teams.