PDA

View Full Version : CBS Sportsline: Celtics, Allen on trade clock

JordansBulls
02-08-2010, 01:22 PM
Link (http://ken-berger.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/11838893/19962246)

But in this case, the Celtics' latest disappointing loss only underscored what has been a poorly kept secret among NBA executives for weeks: Ray Allen's time in Boston is likely coming to an end.

Though team president Danny Ainge has publicly ridiculed the Allen trade reports, several NBA executives told CBSSports.com that the Celtics have been actively trying to parlay Allen's $19.7 million expiring contract into an asset that could keep them in the mix during the upcoming playoffs and also help them for the next several seasons. The most recent inquiry, sources say, involved Sacramento sharpshooter Kevin Martin, who'd be a good fit with Boston's remaining core. Kings officials might be talked out of their reluctance to deal Martin if they could pry a prolific big man out of a third team brought into the discussions or in a separate transaction before the deadline.

"Danny has said, 'I can't go back to square one where we were prior to the Garnett deal,'" the person said. "At the All-Star break, they’re going to look in the mirror and say, 'Cleveland got better, we can't beat Orlando, and we can't even beat the Hawks. We’re not going to win it this year.'"

If the Celtics kept Allen and let his contract come off the books, they'd still be over the cap this summer with no avenues besides sign-and-trades to acquire a starting shooting guard. That's why Boston also has expressed interest in the Bulls' Kirk Hinrich, an excellent defender and ball-handler who would give the Celtics a starting two guard next season at $9 million and in 2011-12 at $8 million. The Bulls' motivation would be cap relief.

The Kings, who are not planning to be big free-agent shoppers this summer, aren't seeking to acquire cap space alone. They want assets -- and the Celtics don't have a young big man to offer. The Bulls, who almost certainly will move Tyrus Thomas, might need to be invited into that conversation to satisfy everyone's needs.

He makes a good point. Orlando has won both times in Boston this year and also the Hawks have won all 4 times against them.

CowboysKB24
02-08-2010, 01:25 PM
Boston is not winning it this year unless they made a trade. I think that is becoming obvious to most people. I just don't see them turning it around when the playoffs come around.

mikantsass
02-08-2010, 01:36 PM
Please no Hinrich, please no Hinrich

Lakers4ItAll
02-08-2010, 01:39 PM
I just don't see who they could get that would make them better

Wade_County
02-08-2010, 01:41 PM
I just don't see who they could get that would make them better

thats the same way i feel, or at least better the lakers/cavs/magic/hawks

Agar81
02-08-2010, 01:45 PM
An Iggy or Kmart to Boston would be pretty good.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
02-08-2010, 01:48 PM
Please no Hinrich, please no Hinrich

Please Hinrich, please Hinrich:pray: I mean to the lakers:)

mikantsass
02-08-2010, 01:50 PM
Please Hinrich, please Hinrich:pray: I mean to the lakers:)

Well you could use a PG. We already got one.

ManRam
02-08-2010, 01:51 PM
I think they can get better. If they can get some of those guys we've heard about for Allen, like Iggy, Monta, Martin etc...that's an upgrade.

I'm just shocked Danny sounds so defeated. It's a marathon, not a sprint. They've dealt with injuries all year. As a Magic fan, we've had a ton of bad stretches, including a 2-7 stretch and 4 straight losses verse non-playoff teams. Boston just needs to get healthy, get back to playing with eachother night in and night out, and they can do damage in the playoffs.

But a trade might be a necessity.

tMoNEy24
02-08-2010, 01:57 PM
As a kings fan , the only deal I would want that involves kmart would be for al jeff or a big

Agar81
02-08-2010, 01:58 PM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=ylrpt3v

ok. so in this trade, Boston aquires Iggy and Nocioni. Iggy will play the SF and Pierce the SG. Nocioni will be the super utility off the bench. Phila gets Kmart and Kenny Thomas and loses alot of salary as well. Kmart can go to the SG and they can bring the up and coming Thaddeus Young to the SF with Iverson at the PG, Brand at PF, and Speights at C. Thats a pretty solid lineup. Sac gets the big it wants in Dalembert, a young player in Giddens, and Ray Allen (who could be bought out). It makes sense. Sac can end up losing a ton of salary if they buyout Ray because they traded 3 of their biggest contracts. Hopefully some form of this is discussed...

69centers
02-08-2010, 01:59 PM
I know we've had injuries, and Pierce was in his first game back off one yesterday, but did you see how bad the starting line-up got outplayed in the 3rd quarter yesterday against Orlando? Ray has been the healthiest this year, but playing the worst of the big 3. He couldn't hit a layup yesterday and was something like 3 for 14. His defense is bad, the way he just swats everyone on their way by and loves handing out easy And-1's.

I know they say Kevin Martin isn't good on D either, but hey, we'll take the offensive spark and hopefully he can learn some defense in our system. I think Kevin Martin is the C's best trade option right now.

mikantsass
02-08-2010, 02:02 PM
I know we've had injuries, and Pierce was in his first game back off one yesterday, but did you see how bad the starting line-up got outplayed in the 3rd quarter yesterday against Orlando? Ray has been the healthiest this year, but playing the worst of the big 3. He couldn't hit a layup yesterday and was something like 3 for 14. His defense is bad, the way he just swats everyone on their way by and loves handing out easy And-1's.

I know they say Kevin Martin isn't good on D either, but hey, we'll take the offensive spark and hopefully he can learn some defense in our system. I think Kevin Martin is the C's best trade option right now.

I think Iggy is, if there is a way to get him

magichatnumber9
02-08-2010, 02:03 PM
To me Iggy is the best fit for Boston.

KG21
02-08-2010, 02:04 PM
Then need to put KG as their go to guy!!!

They need to make some shots for Rasheed as well KG and Rasheed can still dominate under the rim but Rivers is just using his guards and fail.

USE KG AND Wallace for ffs

Agar81
02-08-2010, 02:09 PM
thoughts on my trade?

69centers
02-08-2010, 02:20 PM
thoughts on my trade?

I can't see the exact trade, but Iguodala is in better shape, as my one concern over Martin is his health. Nocioni has a big contract, and getting him and Iggy would be too much cash for the C's to do anything else next season.

mikantsass
02-08-2010, 02:22 PM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=ylrpt3v

ok. so in this trade, Boston aquires Iggy and Nocioni. Iggy will play the SF and Pierce the SG. Nocioni will be the super utility off the bench. Phila gets Kmart and Kenny Thomas and loses alot of salary as well. Kmart can go to the SG and they can bring the up and coming Thaddeus Young to the SF with Iverson at the PG, Brand at PF, and Speights at C. Thats a pretty solid lineup. Sac gets the big it wants in Dalembert, a young player in Giddens, and Ray Allen (who could be bought out). It makes sense. Sac can end up losing a ton of salary if they buyout Ray because they traded 3 of their biggest contracts. Hopefully some form of this is discussed...

Nocioni is terrible, but I like the Iggy part of the deal. I dont think the 6ers would want to downgrade Iggy with Kmart, although they would save some $$$. Sactown would not buyout Ray if this deal went down.

I mean the trade "works" according to the numbers and everything, it just seems too far fetched. Its like a Xbox trade

RocketsRule
02-08-2010, 02:32 PM
The most recent inquiry, sources say, involved Sacramento sharpshooter Kevin Martin, who'd be a good fit with Boston's remaining core. Kings officials might be talked out of their reluctance to deal Martin if they could pry a prolific big man out of a third team brought into the discussions or in a separate transaction before the deadline.

Interesting scenario right here... Don't know if the Kings want to give up Martin but a Nocioni + Martin for Allen deal seems plausible for both sides.

bbd24
02-08-2010, 02:40 PM
I think they should just trade for Marquis Daniels. He'd be a good addition to that team. Him and a healthy Kevin Garnett.

DerekRE_3
02-08-2010, 02:41 PM
Interesting scenario right here... Don't know if the Kings want to give up Martin but a Nocioni + Martin for Allen deal seems plausible for both sides.

Except for the fact that the Kings don't get the the big that they desperately need.

RocketsRule
02-08-2010, 03:25 PM
Except for the fact that the Kings don't get the the big that they desperately need.

Didn't say it was ideal, just plausible.

Don't see the Kings acquiring a big anyway, with Thomas being the only one on the market.

Carey
02-08-2010, 03:27 PM
I think Boston is fine if they can get healthy for the playoffs....Ray Allen needs to get the ball in his hands more to be more effective, maybe give him some more iso's. I've never thought they have done enough to make Allen fully effective. Daniels makes a difference too, they get him back and healthy that helps alot.

Lakers4ItAll
02-08-2010, 03:34 PM
Nocioni is terrible, but I like the Iggy part of the deal. I dont think the 6ers would want to downgrade Iggy with Kmart, although they would save some $$$. Sactown would not buyout Ray if this deal went down.

I mean the trade "works" according to the numbers and everything, it just seems too far fetched. Its like a Xbox trade

You obviously have no idea what you are talking about

ccspence8
02-08-2010, 03:40 PM
Iguodala would be the best fit out of every name that's been thrown out there.

KB24PG16
02-08-2010, 03:50 PM
i doubt the c's make a trade

mikantsass
02-08-2010, 03:52 PM

Ask the Kings fans how they like him....

sugarrayray
02-08-2010, 03:54 PM

If you think Ray has been playing worse than KG you are absolutely nuts. Garnett can't even play defense anymore. He can barely rebound. He's averaging less than a block per game. Did you see how Rashard Lewis got by him in the Magic game a couple weeks ago on the last play to lose the game? And Allen is a much better scorer. KG isn't even good this year.

sugarrayray
02-08-2010, 03:56 PM
There's no trade they can make that is going to get them to win a championship. Ainge didn't do enough this offseason. He went out and got a guy in Daniels who never plays a whole season and isn't even that good, and he went out and got a fat, lazy ******* in Rasheed Wallace. He wasn't proactive. I'm glad they got their championship two years ago. Now lets jut hope Allen signs with the Bucks this offseason.

DerekRE_3
02-08-2010, 04:25 PM

Ask the Kings fans how they like him....

I hate Andres Nocioni more than any other player in the league, and I'm a Kings fan. He is a complete utter hack of a basketball player. I'd trade him for nothing at this point, just get him off the team.

Stunner
02-08-2010, 04:29 PM
As a bulls fan who know him better he not even playing for real he isnt going to play his heart out for the Kings but a contender ? hmmm think Noch might have a lil extra pep in his step.

DerekRE_3
02-08-2010, 04:30 PM
As a bulls fan who know him better he not even playing for real he isnt going to play his heart out for the Kings but a contender ? hmmm think Noch might have a lil extra pep in his step.

If that's true then I wouldn't want him on my team regardless of whether my team is contending or not. And even if he is coasting it sure doesn't hamper him from shoving up every shot he can get at the rim. The guy honestly has the worst shot selection I have ever seen.

OrderOfCook
02-08-2010, 04:35 PM
I think Boston has quickly proven why you don't go for the immediate, but build a team for longevity that is excellent.

What if that deal that put the big three hadn't gone down? They traded the 5th pick and Al Jefferson...that 5th pick was used to pick up Durant.

So if that had never happened, Boston's starting line-up would have consisted of Rondo, Pierce, Durant, Al Jefferson and Perkins. You'd have to have had an extra ****** season, maybe 2 (not likely) but then you'd be set for the better part of a decade as a contender, not a shambles of a team in what...1 more season from now?

Bob_at_york
02-08-2010, 04:41 PM
I think Boston has quickly proven why you don't go for the immediate, but build a team for longevity that is excellent.

What if that deal that put the big three hadn't gone down? They traded the 5th pick and Al Jefferson...that 5th pick was used to pick up Durant.

So if that had never happened, Boston's starting line-up would have consisted of Rondo, Pierce, Durant, Al Jefferson and Perkins. You'd have to have had an extra ****** season, maybe 2 (not likely) but then you'd be set for the better part of a decade as a contender, not a shambles of a team in what...1 more season from now?

Ummm.... you are confused. They didn't get Durant with that pick, they got Jeff Green.

OrderOfCook
02-08-2010, 04:44 PM
Hmmmmm....well-played. I'm not sure why I was so sure of that. That undermines what I was saying--ah well, back to reading contract law.

ko8e24
02-08-2010, 04:48 PM
Then need to put KG as their go to guy!!!

They need to make some shots for Rasheed as well KG and Rasheed can still dominate under the rim but Rivers is just using his guards and fail.

USE KG AND Wallace for ffs

Put Big Baby at PG, Marquis at SG, Scal at the 3, KG at the 4 and Sheed at the 5 :rolleyes:

Dude, Boston needs to make moves (aka trades). They're not gonna win it with the roster they have now, and with all the old and unhealthy guys they got.

Bob_at_york
02-08-2010, 04:53 PM
Hmmmmm....well-played. I'm not sure why I was so sure of that. That undermines what I was saying--ah well, back to reading contract law.

Not completely. Green and Jefferson are both talented players.

shep33
02-08-2010, 04:56 PM
Honestly, first off I don't think their poor play is because of Ray Allen, I actually think that people are scared to say it but KG hasn't played well this year. Defensively he's not the same and he doesn't score much at all, posing no real post threat especially when he doesn't post up anyways, the guy gets his points off 18 foot jumpers. Sheed is disappointing, almost half his shots are 3's which I don't understand, and he really hasn't madde them better. That being said, if Ray is to be traded then Iggy is the best fit, cause he is a terrific defender, and gives them some youth at least. Now... Iggy has a bad contract, and he ain't gonna shoot the 3 very well, so really teams can sag off of him and Rondo, focusing more on Pierce slashing. Kevin Martin is good offensively, but i don't know if he is gonna be that guy who runs off screens like Ray and knock down shots. I haven't seen him enough to get a good sense of him, but just by looking at him I think other bigger guards will take advantage ofhim and his skinny frame. I agree with a lot of people in that I don't think the trade is gonna make them so much better, but if I were them I'd try to pull off a blockbuster with New Orleans. Trade Allen, Rondo, Big Baby for CP3 and Posey. Paul once healthy can give them a consistent 20+ ppg and 10 dimes, plus he can shoot the 3 and stretch D's in a way Rondo can't. New Orleans actually get pretty good themselves, with Rondo and Ray along with West, Okafor, etc. It seems like it'd be a good trade for both teams, cause really i don't think CP3 is gonna stay in NO when his contract is up.

Boston

CP3
Posey
Pierce
KG
Perk

hawkeyefootball
02-08-2010, 05:03 PM
If that's true then I wouldn't want him on my team regardless of whether my team is contending or not. And even if he is coasting it sure doesn't hamper him from shoving up every shot he can get at the rim. The guy honestly has the worst shot selection I have ever seen.

As a Bulls fan, who's realistic, Nocioni is bad at basketball. He had a couple good years and then flamed out. He'll always be a fan favorite in Chicago, but he's just not very good. He takes bad shots and plays terrible defense.

RadiantShot
02-08-2010, 05:08 PM
Haha, I can't picture Iggy in a Celtics' uniform. Someone photoshop it and let me see. I can see him in a Rockets' jersey, a Bucks' jersey, a Nets' jersey, but not a Celtics' jersey!

Mr.WhiteSox
02-08-2010, 05:17 PM
Hey boston fans, why would any of those teams give up that much for a 34 year old guard who is a free agent at the end of the year. I understand for cap but iggy martin or monta. Those are alll great players to make a team around....why would they trade them for allen?

mjt20mik
02-08-2010, 05:17 PM
They need a backup PG. Their bench is pretty depleted (with exceptions to House / Sheed). If they could possibly get a young 2 / 3 and a solid back up PG, they could possibly give ATL / ORL / CLE a run for their money.

Nighthawk
02-08-2010, 05:23 PM
Hey boston fans, why would any of those teams give up that much for a 34 year old guard who is a free agent at the end of the year. I understand for cap but iggy martin or monta. Those are alll great players to make a team around....why would they trade them for allen?

You dont know basketball. All 3 of those guys ARE NOT guys to build a team around. Their big name role players. Iggy, Martin or Monta WILL NEVER win a CHIP as the NUMBER 1 option....NEVER..

thunderforce
02-08-2010, 05:31 PM
Neither would bosh but i wouldnt trade him for allen either .

mikantsass
02-08-2010, 05:33 PM
I hate Andres Nocioni more than any other player in the league, and I'm a Kings fan. He is a complete utter hack of a basketball player. I'd trade him for nothing at this point, just get him off the team.

Thanks for proving my point

Super.
02-08-2010, 05:33 PM
Iggy or Martin or Bust

mikantsass
02-08-2010, 05:34 PM

Too bad Durant was the 2nd pick in the draft, and the Celtics drafted Jeff Green with the 5th. They then traded that pick (green) with Delonte and Wally for Rayray. In no way shape or form was Durant or Jefferson involved in that deal.

Thank you try again.

BTownTeamsRKing
02-08-2010, 05:47 PM
lastest rumor:

Ray Allen to Kings for Kevin Martin, Sergio Rodriguez, and Kenny Thomas.

id love that deal.

JWO35
02-08-2010, 05:48 PM
I'll liked to revisit that Rodney Stuckey, Richard Hamilton, and Tayshaun Prince for Rajon Rondo and Ray Allen

magichatnumber9
02-08-2010, 05:57 PM
Danny quit keeping me waiting. If your gonna make a move get it done now or just put out a statement.

Chicagofaithful
02-08-2010, 05:59 PM
the kings would be out of their minds to trade kmart for ray allen. Ray allen is great dont get me wrong.. but as the article says the kings are not looking for expiring deals. And we know allen wont stay with Sacramento so they'd be giving away kmart for NOTHING

SteveNash
02-08-2010, 06:00 PM
Allen for T Mac.

avrpatsfan
02-08-2010, 06:01 PM

This

Alwaysballin247
02-08-2010, 06:03 PM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ykwu64c

Get it done ^^!!!!!!!!!

tMoNEy24
02-08-2010, 06:04 PM
What about a trade that sends-

Celtics get Iggy Nocioni
Give- Ray Allen, Jr Giddens, Big Baby

76ers get Jason Thompson, Kenny Thomas(8 mil expiring) Jr Giddens
Give- Iggy,Royal Ivey

Kings get- Ray Allan , Al Jefferson
Give- Kmart, Jason Thompson, Kenny Thomas, Nocioni

Twolves get- Kevin Martin, Glen Davis, Royal Ivey
Give- Al Jefferson

Satisfies most ends of the deal. Twolves said they're interested in getting Kmart, Kings get there Big they want and a nice expiring and gives them vet leadership for the rest of the year. C's get Iggy and a "good" bench player in Nocioni Lol. 76ers get a young big in JT and kenny thomas to expire.

avrpatsfan
02-08-2010, 06:06 PM

Uh, he is an expiring contract to free cap space, he isn't terrible. A lot of NBA teams are losing money and need to lower their payroll. Idiot :facepalm:

avrpatsfan
02-08-2010, 06:07 PM
Iggy or Martin or Bust

This :clap:

avrpatsfan
02-08-2010, 06:08 PM
Too bad Durant was the 2nd pick in the draft, and the Celtics drafted Jeff Green with the 5th. They then traded that pick (green) with Delonte and Wally for Rayray. In no way shape or form was Durant or Jefferson involved in that deal.

Thank you try again.

Just imagine if we get the 2nd pick. Ugh lottery screwed us that year. We could have a lineup of Rondo, Pierce, Durant, Jefferson, Perkins

Damn

tMoNEy24
02-08-2010, 06:11 PM
What about my trade?

DerekRE_3
02-08-2010, 06:36 PM
What about my trade?

Love it for the Kings. They win big imo.

Cool007
02-08-2010, 06:41 PM
IMO, if Kings just wanted to dump Martin for expirings, there would be like atlesat 10 more teams jump on it as well. Teams like Spurs/Cavs/Suns/Mavs etc would jump over the deal as well.

To my knowledge, Kings want cap relief AS WELL AS some young talent and a descent draft pick.

Celtics have expiring but don't have any young prospect or a good enough draft pick to trade either. SO I don't see it happening.

However, I think Iggy can be had if Boston is willing to take on another bad contract.

ZHawk1123
02-08-2010, 06:49 PM
Kevin Martin would be the best fit for the team at the moment... He is a very good shooter and slasher and would replace Ray nicely.

Iggy would be the second best option, although I love his athleticism and defense, he is nowhere near the shooter Ray Ray or KMart are.

Kakaroach
02-08-2010, 06:50 PM
I still say they won't move him. If their team is fully healthy and 100%, I think they are title contenders.

shep33
02-08-2010, 07:13 PM
I still don't think Iggy or Martin put them over the top, KG has slowed down bigtime on both offense and defense. Ray ain't the problem, but if they wanted to really shake things up, why not try trading Rondo and Ray for Chris Paul and Posey/Wright. I think something is going on with this team internally, something isn't right, and Rondo and Davis seem to be almost frowned upon in that organization. Remember in the summer how Boston offered Rondo and Allen for Stuckey, Hamilton and Prince? Kind of a weird deal, Detroit shot them down, but i think the main reason for trying to get it done was b/c of Rondo's attitude. If they could trade Rondo and Ray to NO for Cp3, i think it solves a lot of their problems. CP3 can score by himself, and with KG and Perk playing pick and roll, it could be scary. Plus he can shoot the ball unlike Rondo, thus spreading the D.

Boston

Paul
Posey
Pierce
KG
Perk

New Orleans

Rondo
Allen
Peja
West
Okafor

I actually like it for both teams.

Alwaysballin247
02-08-2010, 07:27 PM
Kevin Martin would be the best fit for the team at the moment... He is a very good shooter and slasher and would replace Ray nicely.

Iggy would be the second best option, although I love his athleticism and defense, he is nowhere near the shooter Ray Ray or KMart are.

I think iggy is the best fit..him and dalembert would be awesome and they might want to also throw in kapona so we would have to throw in glen davis and scal or something like that

Rondo
Paul
iggy
kg
perk

House
daniels
tony allen/kapono
sheed
dalembert

Alwaysballin247
02-08-2010, 07:31 PM
I still don't think Iggy or Martin put them over the top, KG has slowed down bigtime on both offense and defense. Ray ain't the problem, but if they wanted to really shake things up, why not try trading Rondo and Ray for Chris Paul and Posey/Wright. I think something is going on with this team internally, something isn't right, and Rondo and Davis seem to be almost frowned upon in that organization. Remember in the summer how Boston offered Rondo and Allen for Stuckey, Hamilton and Prince? Kind of a weird deal, Detroit shot them down, but i think the main reason for trying to get it done was b/c of Rondo's attitude. If they could trade Rondo and Ray to NO for Cp3, i think it solves a lot of their problems. CP3 can score by himself, and with KG and Perk playing pick and roll, it could be scary. Plus he can shoot the ball unlike Rondo, thus spreading the D.

Boston

Paul
Posey
Pierce
KG
Perk

New Orleans

Rondo
Allen
Peja
West
Okafor

I actually like it for both teams.

Rondo isn't going anywhere... if we trade with NO i think we take on money for expiring contracts...scal, glen davis, house, tony allen, giddens ...for like peja and posey

shep33
02-08-2010, 07:41 PM
Rondo isn't going anywhere... if we trade with NO i think we take on money for expiring contracts...scal, glen davis, house, tony allen, giddens ...for like peja and posey

Would you keep Rondo for the chance to get CP3? I totally think Rondo is a star, and a top 5 pg in the league, but if given the chance do you think Ainge would pull the trigger? I definitely get why Rondo is so popular, the guy is playing the best ball out of the Celts players since the playoffs from last year. But Paul solves 2 problems for them... 1 he can score a lot better than Rondo can, and 2 he's unbelievable and pick and roll where he can take the jumper, penetrate or find KG or Perk. I just think their offense flows better with a guy like Paul, b/c Rondo causes defenses to basically load up in the paint against Boston, simply b/c he can't shoot. I actually think it'd be a decent trade for both teams, i don't like talking about trades that likely won't happen (like this one), but if they could get numbers to match (i.e. Ray Allen, Rondo for Cp3 and Posey or Thornton or something), I think both teams would actually get better.

Jays Claw
02-08-2010, 07:49 PM
In my opinion, the Celtics need to start over again.

Draco
02-08-2010, 07:54 PM

Thank you try again.

Right.. if Ainge had the number 2 pick I doubt he would have traded it to Seattle. Regardless, I'm pretty sure Ainge expected to have a short window of opportunity and a very good chance to win a championship with the known talent he was able to acquire in trade. They won a ship.. not sure how anyone could criticize Ainge's decision.

JordansBulls
02-08-2010, 07:54 PM

Yeah maybe when they are winning less than 50 games.

Alwaysballin247
02-08-2010, 07:57 PM
Would you keep Rondo for the chance to get CP3? I totally think Rondo is a star, and a top 5 pg in the league, but if given the chance do you think Ainge would pull the trigger? I definitely get why Rondo is so popular, the guy is playing the best ball out of the Celts players since the playoffs from last year. But Paul solves 2 problems for them... 1 he can score a lot better than Rondo can, and 2 he's unbelievable and pick and roll where he can take the jumper, penetrate or find KG or Perk. I just think their offense flows better with a guy like Paul, b/c Rondo causes defenses to basically load up in the paint against Boston, simply b/c he can't shoot. I actually think it'd be a decent trade for both teams, i don't like talking about trades that likely won't happen (like this one), but if they could get numbers to match (i.e. Ray Allen, Rondo for Cp3 and Posey or Thornton or something), I think both teams would actually get better.

I would keep rondo even if we had a chance at cp3....rondo jus fits the celtics ...cp3 can score better but i am more old school i want my pg to make everyone around him better

Alwaysballin247
02-08-2010, 08:01 PM

are you crazy lol....one move we and are back in the race for the title....allen for iggy and dalembert and we should be the favorites to win the title... on top of that paul has already said he was going to opt. out take less money and more years....when our big 3 leave basketball then do you see how much money we have for that summer? KG might be done when his contract is up and that just happens to be when melo can be a fa....we are far from a rebuilding team...we are going to rebuild on the fly like championship teams do. trade ray and get younger..have a loyal leader like paul willing to take less money...have an up and coming allstar pg in rondo and have the most underrated player in perk..such a strong center that can go up and play 1on1 vs the best(howard)

Jays Claw
02-08-2010, 08:04 PM
The Celtics need to lay out a plan for the future. They need to replace the big three with young, cheap and talented players. It is time they started building a team around Rajon Rondo.

JordansBulls
02-08-2010, 08:09 PM
lastest rumor:

Ray Allen to Kings for Kevin Martin, Sergio Rodriguez, and Kenny Thomas.

id love that deal.

That would be a good deal for the C's.

shep33
02-08-2010, 08:13 PM
The Celtics need to lay out a plan for the future. They need to replace the big three with young, cheap and talented players. It is time they started building a team around Rajon Rondo.

I agree, i've said this a bunch of time, but KG isn't KG anymore, he's not getting it done. I actually think Perkins is better on the block now than KG, simply b/c KG doesn't play on the block anymore, he's basically Horace Grant now, scoring most of his points off of 18 footers.

*Superman*
02-08-2010, 08:24 PM
Celtics self destruct in 5...4...3...2...1.

jollyoscars
02-08-2010, 08:49 PM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ykwovr2

celtics trade: ray allen, 2nd round pick.
celtics get: kevin martin, andres nocioni.

kings trade: kevin martin, andres nocioni.
kings get: luol deng, tyrus thomas, 2nd round pick (celtics).

bulls trade: luol deng, tyrus thomas.
bulls get: ray allen.

celtic's pros: they get younger and a super utility player in nocioni. also get 1 of the best young backcourts with rondo and kevin martin.
celtic's cons: nocioni's contract

king's pros: clear the way for tyreke evans to play his natural sg position by getting rid of kevin martin. get a young big in tyrus thomas who is loaded with potential. get a great talent in luol deng. also get rid of nocioni's contract.
king's cons: potentially slow down casspi's development with deng taking his starting sf spot.

bull's pros: get their needed 3 pt shooter. clear $11 million dollars for 2010 free agent class by trading deng.
bull's cons: really hurts chances to compete this season because takes away scoring and depth.

TELL ME WHAT YOU GUYS THINK ABOUT THIS!

RaptorizedKevin
02-08-2010, 09:19 PM
boston is not beating cleveland. 7 games back? no way. when the cavs get jamison its all over, theyre making it to the nba finals.

heathonater
02-08-2010, 10:53 PM
who are the possible players/teams rumored in a deal for boston's ray allen?

jollyoscars
02-09-2010, 04:15 PM
who are the possible players/teams rumored in a deal for boston's ray allen?

see my trade offer above.
any thoughts on it guys??

posterized
02-09-2010, 04:37 PM
IMO i dont think Iggy would put them over the top, im not taking anything away from Iggy but i just dont think he would give the C's whatever it is they are lacking/looking for.

tMoNEy24
02-09-2010, 04:57 PM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ykwovr2

celtics trade: ray allen, 2nd round pick.
celtics get: kevin martin, andres nocioni.

kings trade: kevin martin, andres nocioni.
kings get: luol deng, tyrus thomas, 2nd round pick (celtics).

bulls trade: luol deng, tyrus thomas.
bulls get: ray allen.

celtic's pros: they get younger and a super utility player in nocioni. also get 1 of the best young backcourts with rondo and kevin martin.
celtic's cons: nocioni's contract

king's pros: clear the way for tyreke evans to play his natural sg position by getting rid of kevin martin. get a young big in tyrus thomas who is loaded with potential. get a great talent in luol deng. also get rid of nocioni's contract.
king's cons: potentially slow down casspi's development with deng taking his starting sf spot.

bull's pros: get their needed 3 pt shooter. clear $11 million dollars for 2010 free agent class by trading deng.
bull's cons: really hurts chances to compete this season because takes away scoring and depth.

TELL ME WHAT YOU GUYS THINK ABOUT THIS!

As a Kings fan , I Love this trade. Deng is a beast and maybe Tyrus would excel in a change of places? Still wouldn't satisfy our want for a "prolific" big but its a start. Maybe would allow us to package Kenny thomas expiring with Spencer Hawes for another big? Don't really see the Bulls wanting this though. They still want to compete right now and they'd loose a lot more games with Ray Allen.

JordansBulls
02-09-2010, 04:58 PM
Celtics shoot too many 3's as it is. They already have Pierce, House that shoot the 3 ball too much and Wallace. They need someone who can score consistently. That is why they need Kevin Martin.

tMoNEy24
02-09-2010, 05:05 PM
^^^^^^^ agreeed

Sadds The Gr8
02-09-2010, 05:17 PM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ykwu64c

Get it done ^^!!!!!!!!!

lol!!! Iggy and Caron? Are u on coke? heroine? ecstasy? or all of the above?

tMoNEy24
02-09-2010, 05:19 PM
Maybe it was a joke.. LOL ^^^^^^^^

Sadds The Gr8
02-09-2010, 05:24 PM
Maybe it was a joke.. LOL ^^^^^^^^

LOL it better have been....or that guy is outta his damn mind

BTownTeamsRKing
02-09-2010, 06:06 PM
That would be a good deal for the C's.

I think Ainge is actively shopping Ray Allen right now. Remember he makes trades for the sake of making trades.

the kings trade and this trade are the most talked about:

Ray Allen to Bulls for Hinrich, Thomas, James.

SteveNash
02-09-2010, 06:18 PM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yljr34e