PDA

View Full Version : All-NBA Decade

JasonJohnHorn
02-07-2010, 02:51 AM
Each season the NBA announces their All-NBA first second and third teams. Now that the decade is over, who would you guys put on your 1st, 2nd and 3rd teams for the aughties. Here's mine

First Team:

PG: Nash (two MVP awards and runner of the highest scoring offences of the decade, his defence is weak but there isn't another player in the league who has helped his teammates reach their full potential).

SG: Kobe Bryant (not a big fan of him personally, but there is no denying his talent and ability, not only was he the best scorer at his position, he was the best defender at his postion as well and works the boards pretty hard for his position).

SF: LeBron James (few players can lead their team in scoring, rebounds and assists and few players have been able to turn around lottery team into a contender, but James helped his team double their wins his first season and improve ever year after while posting 30 point-per-game seasons and 7 boards and assists to go along with his 1+ blocks and 1+ steals a game).

PF: Time Duncan (the winningest power forward of the decade and outside of Nash the one guy that truly helps his teammates reach their full potential- a consistent 20/10 player and as good as any defender at his position Duncan is clear cut pick).

C: Shaq (the second half of the decade hasn't been as kind to Shaq with the constant team swapping, but he's got 4 rings this decade and entered the decade as the most dominant player in the league, rocking rebounder, dominant post scorer and 3-time Finals MVP, and the only player this decade to lead two franchises to NBA titles).

2nd team

PG: Allen Iverson (I'm not generally a big fan of scoring point guards, but Iverson was one of the best scorers in the past ten year despite recent issues)

SG: Ray Allen (the best pure shooter of the last decade and a franchise player for two teams, helping the Bucks to the conference finals before finding his niche with the Celtics and helping to push them to their first NBA title since Bird's era).

SF:Paul Pierce (one of the most consistent SFs over the last decade and the type of guy that can run and set up plays and well as work the boards, play defence and score a lot of points).

PF: Kevin Garnett (the best rebounder at his position over the last ten years, and also likely the best defender at his position along with Duncan).

C: Yao Ming (the last ten years wasn't rich in centers and while Yao would have been placed after centers like; Hakeem, Robinson, Shaq, Mourning and Ewing during the 90's, his numbers are good enough to put him on the second team for the aughties).

Third Team

PG: Jason Kidd (lead the Nets to back-to-back finals appearance and was the king of triple doubles in the NBA before LeBron came along- he can't shoot but he can do everything else; rebound, pass and defend)

SG: Dwayne Wade (likely the better player between he and Allen, but Allen played the full decade- Wade lead his team to a title, a deep playoff push in his rookie season and has helped to keep Miami respectable as the quickly fell from grace after their title- score, passing, defends and works the boards pretty well for his position and size)

SF: Carmelo Anthony (his sheer numbers make it hard to not put him on the team).

PF: Dirk Nowitzki (the best socring at his position since Karl Malone, the only consistent rebounder the Mavs have had for the past ten years and a sweet shooter- he may not have accomplished what Duncan and Garnett have, and even Gasol, but if he'd has as much talent around him as any of them he likely would have a couple of rings himself- that said I still think he's a little soft, and 7-footer should be playing center and hauling in 12 boards a game every year).

C: Ben Wallace (I'll warn you I'm a fan of the Pistons, but I think this pick is justified- best rebounder at his position over the last ten years and the best defender as well- he helped rebuild a Pistons team that was reeling from the loss of Grant Hill and was the anchor that helped them to win a title and contend for several years).

Lakersfan2483
02-07-2010, 03:18 AM
All NBA Decade

1st Team

PG- Jason Kidd
SG- Kobe Bryant
SF- Lebron James
PF- Tim Duncan
C- Shaquille O'neal

2nd team

PG- Steve Nash
SG- Dwayne Wade
SF- Paul Pierce
PF- Kevin Garnett
C- Yao Ming

3rd Team

PG- Chauncey Billups
SG- Allen Iverson
SF- Tracy McGrady
PF- Dirk Nowitzki
C- Dwight Howard

GREATNESS ONE
02-07-2010, 03:41 AM
All NBA Decade

1st Team

PG- Jason Kidd
SG- Kobe Bryant
SF- Lebron James
PF- Tim Duncan
C- Shaquille O'neal

2nd team

PG- Steve Nash
SG- Dwayne Wade
SF- Paul Pierce
PF- Kevin Garnett
C- Yao Ming

3rd Team

PG- Chauncey Billups
SG- Allen Iverson
SF- Tracy McGrady
PF- Dirk Nowitzki
C- Dwight Howard

This would probably be my list

Ovratd1up
02-07-2010, 04:31 AM
Kobe Bryant
Lebron James
Tim Duncan
Shaquille O'Neal

Dwayne Wade
Dirk Nowitzki
Kevin Garnett

Steve Nash
Jason Kidd
Allen Iverson

Chris Paul
Tracy McGrady
Paul Pierce
Dwight Howard
Yao Ming

Chauncey Billups
Vince Carter
Carmelo Anthony
Jermaine O'Neal
Ben Wallace

I don't care.

Evolution23
02-07-2010, 05:38 AM
No way does allen get in before wade and mello> pierce.

JJ_JKidd
02-07-2010, 05:44 AM
All NBA Decade

1st Team

PG- Jason Kidd
SG- Kobe Bryant
SF- Lebron James
PF- Tim Duncan
C- Shaquille O'neal

2nd team

PG- Steve Nash
SG- Dwayne Wade
SF- Paul Pierce
PF- Kevin Garnett
C- Yao Ming

3rd Team

PG- Chauncey Billups
SG- Allen Iverson
SF- Tracy McGrady
PF- Dirk Nowitzki
C- Dwight Howard

Same here. There is no way that Nash is better than Kidd.

_KB24_
02-07-2010, 05:47 AM
If I'm not mistaken, it doesn't have to be specific positions for ALL-NBA teams.

G: Kidd
G: Kobe
F: Garnett
F: Duncan
C: Shaq

G: Iverson
G: Wade
F: Bron
F: Dirk
C: Yao

Hawkeye15
02-07-2010, 11:00 AM
If I'm not mistaken, it doesn't have to be specific positions for ALL-NBA teams.

G: Kidd
G: Kobe
F: Garnett
F: Duncan
C: Shaq

G: Iverson
G: Wade
F: Bron
F: Dirk
C: Yao

agree. LeBron didnt play enough years to pass KG, sorry