PDA

View Full Version : LeBron has 23 points and 5 assists in the first quarter

KnicksorBust
02-06-2010, 09:08 PM
Seriously does LeBron have a chance at 50/20?

fairandbalanced
02-06-2010, 09:12 PM
Lebron is on pace to score 60 tonight VS Knicks.

ManRam
31 and 5 through 14 minutes.

Unreal. Best player on the planet.

jimm120
He's showing us what we'll have next year. Nice of him

ManRam
02-06-2010, 09:16 PM
I wish someday LeBron takes 45-50 shots in a game, just to show that he could drop 80+ if he wanted to. He passes too much for that to ever happen.

KnicksorBust
02-06-2010, 09:16 PM
forget the 20 assists, he wants 70+ points

Reyes6
02-06-2010, 09:19 PM
Knicks defense is good.

bigsams50
02-06-2010, 09:21 PM
Game doesnt look like its gonna be close, i dont see Lebron getting more than 50 tonight.

KayNti
02-06-2010, 09:25 PM
Lebron will calm down... Member against the Trailblazers he was going off? It's a blowout, I highly doubt he'll go for it.

Fresno
02-06-2010, 09:28 PM
If he goes for 70, LeBron nuthuggers will argue it was greater than Kobe going for 81 because Kobe was on a bad team during the time.

jimm120
02-06-2010, 09:29 PM
LeBron is auditioning for the Knicks.

rabueed
02-06-2010, 09:30 PM
well, they started out awesome against the Clippers, and they sat Lebron in the 4th right?

well, if the blow them out today, I think they're gonna sit him out.

The reason Kobe got 81 was because he had to get the Lakers back in the game. Cleveland is already pulling away.

rabueed
02-06-2010, 09:35 PM
personally, I think it would be cooler if he went for a quadruple double. He has 35 points, 6 assists, 3 rebounds, and 4 steals at halftime.

TheKing23
02-06-2010, 09:37 PM
You gotta love the Knicks fans thinking LeBron is gonna want to go to any team that gives up 74 points in the first half...

jetsfan28
02-06-2010, 09:40 PM
I hope that some time in his career, LeBron spends maybe a year just getting records. Average a triple double, lead the league in assists, maybe a 50/20 game, a 31 assist game, just pretty much own the record books.

mjqusoldier
02-06-2010, 09:41 PM
You gotta love the Knicks fans thinking LeBron is gonna want to go to any team that gives up 74 points in the first half...

you gotta love the cavs fans who think bron wants to stay in a wack city with no money like cleveland...

jetsfan28
02-06-2010, 09:42 PM

If you're actually watching the game, then you know that has nothing to do with how the Knicks are playing. Can't stop a guy when he's shooting from behind the C in Cavaliers.

Kyben36
02-06-2010, 09:44 PM
He will not go 50 and 20, but this just shows that without lebron, the Cavs are nothing

ko8e24
02-06-2010, 09:44 PM
I wish someday LeBron takes 45-50 shots in a game, just to show that he could drop 80+ if he wanted to. He passes too much for that to ever happen.

Unbelievable, this thread is to praise the greatness of LeBron James, and I'm all for it :clap:

But you sir are an ignoramus, and you take every possible opportunity to take a jab at Kobe Bryant.

I am stating it on PSD right now.

ManRamForPrez24 is the biggest Kobe Hater on ProSportsDaily Forums.

bkmikeyy
02-06-2010, 09:45 PM
you also gotta love how bad the cavs were before lebron got tehere, and how horrendous they will be if he leaves. That roster without lebron and big z and shaq a year older is going to challange the 09-10 nets for the least amount of wins in a season. You also gotta love that IF he leaves the whole city economy is going to fall apart and the cavs will have one of the worst attendances in the NBA.

WITZ
02-06-2010, 09:47 PM
Unbelievable, this thread is to praise the greatness of LeBron James, and I'm all for it :clap:

But you sir are an ignoramus, and you take every possible opportunity to take a jab at Kobe Bryant.

Dont worry U guys got Armin who does the exact same thing to lebron so it evens out....that said go for the MSG points record lebron :clap:

bkmikeyy
02-06-2010, 09:47 PM
imagine what Lebron could do to a player like gallo if he makes varajao look like an NBA player. He wouldn't even need a second free agent. Gallo would become the best sidekick in the NBA, wilson chandler would be a beast 6th man and keep david lee as a borderline all star.

ko8e24
02-06-2010, 09:48 PM
To ALL PSD Fans,

Stop Hating on LeBron James. This is Greatness We Are Experiencing. Just Shoosh and watch the show!

ko8e24
02-06-2010, 09:49 PM
Dont worry U guys got Armin who does the exact same thing to lebron so it evens out....that said go for the MSG points record lebron :clap:

lol, they're playin in Cleveland, not New York

WhyDuquette
02-06-2010, 09:50 PM

:facepalm:

He simply states facts and just because he makes sense the most of the time and backs it up with facts you dont have anything to refute him other than homerish statments like this.

If lebron took 40-50 shots he prolly should have about 80 points; he is playing better than kobe this year and the lakers supporting cast is better than the cavs supporting cast.

Am I now the biggest Kobe hater on psd?

WITZ
02-06-2010, 09:50 PM
lol, they're playin in Cleveland, not New York
Ohh never mind then.......go for the overall points record then :clap:

Sox Appeal
02-06-2010, 09:51 PM
He's the best player on the planet. When Jordan retired, I didn't think anyone could approach his greatness, and maybe LeBron won't do it, but he's certainly going to make it interesting. We're witnessing one of the greatest individual players the game has ever seen, and yet the majority of basketball fans don't even see him as the games best player. It's quite sad.

Agreed. There are certain games when he gets it going, where I honestly do think he could go for 80+, but it's like he knows better. He knows it isn't in the teams best interest, so after awhile, he lets up, and just starts playing team basketball. Gotta respect a player like that.

ko8e24
02-06-2010, 09:54 PM

He simply states facts and just because he makes sense the most of the time and backs it up with facts you dont have anything to refute him other than homerish statments like this.

If lebron took 40-50 shots he prolly should have about 80 points; he is playing better than kobe this year and the lakers supporting cast is better than the cavs supporting cast.

Am I now the biggest Kobe hater on psd?

No, you are not a Kobe hater.

I know ManRamPrez, he takes these very subtle shots at Kobe. He's one of the "respected PSD posters" here, which is why not many people back-talk him. But I'm ko8e24, I'm not like other posters.

I ALWAYS give props to the opposing guy or whoever it may be. Credit is given where credit is due. But my tendency is not to take anything away from other guy's accomplishments. That's ManRam's forté.

Avenged
02-06-2010, 09:54 PM
If a player has a chance to score 80+ points, you don't think he'll take that opportunity? you guys have got to be kidding me.

BALLER71
02-06-2010, 09:55 PM
ManRam said it best. Best player on the planet.

WhyDuquette
He's the best player on the planet. When Jordan retired, I didn't think anyone could approach his greatness, and maybe LeBron won't do it, but he's certainly going to make it interesting. We're witnessing one of the greatest individual players the game has ever seen, and yet the majority of basketball fans don't even see him as the games best player. It's quite sad.

Agreed. There are certain games when he gets it going, where I honestly do think he could go for 80+, but it's like he knows better. He knows it isn't in the teams best interest, so after awhile, he lets up, and just starts playing team basketball. Gotta respect a player like that.

Thats because a majorty of basketball fans are lakers fans.

And I agree he is the best player on the planet and I think has a shot to rival Jordan in terms of pure domination.

silvTeg98
talk to me when he scores more than 81

ko8e24
02-06-2010, 09:56 PM
And to WhyDuquette...

How did ManRam have any "hard evidence" when he made that statement? :confused:

It's not even a matter of having evidence or supporting argument or what not, it's the matter of taking away from a person's accomplishment.

ko8e24
02-06-2010, 09:56 PM
talk to me when he scores more than 81

plz bro, stop hating on lebron. Give credit where credit is due.

silvTeg98
02-06-2010, 09:57 PM
plz bro, stop hating on lebron. Give credit where credit is due.

props!

WhyDuquette
02-06-2010, 10:00 PM
No, you are not a Kobe hater.

I know ManRamPrez, he takes these very subtle shots at Kobe. He's one of the "respected PSD posters" here, which is why not many people back-talk him. But I'm ko8e24, I'm not like other posters.

I ALWAYS give props to the opposing guy or whoever it may be. Credit is given where credit is due. But my tendency is not to take anything away from other guy's accomplishments. That's ManRam's forté.

I am a kobe hater because i simply said 3 facts that almost any basketball fan would agree with; lebron is better than kobe this year, lebron could score 80 points if he shot it 40-50 times and the lakers supporting cast is better than the cavs. :speechless: Appears everyone but kobe homers are kobe haters.

There are always different sides to the coin but everything i have ever read from Maram makes sense; sure he might takes shots at kobe but they make sense and are based on facts. How can someone be a hater if they simply spew facts?

The biggest hater of someone would say they suck and not give any reason behind it. ManRam backs up his **** with facts and good reasoning. Maybe you should give him some credit.

WhyDuquette
02-06-2010, 10:02 PM
And to WhyDuquette...

How did ManRam have any "hard evidence" when he made that statement? :confused:

It's not even a matter of having evidence or supporting argument or what not, it's the matter of taking away from a person's accomplishment.

Hard evidence at what? That Lebron could score 80 if he took 40-50 shots; idk look at shot percentages?

The closet thing i have seen to him taking away from Kobe's accomplishments is simply saying he shot alot, which he did. He is taking anything away from it because what Kobe has done is extriondary i think he is saying that if a select few nba players shot 40-50 times like kobe did, they might be able to score 80 points.

jetsfan28
02-06-2010, 10:04 PM
If a player has a chance to score 80+ points, you don't think he'll take that opportunity? you guys have got to be kidding me.

He had a chance tonight. He started distributing to his open teammates instead. Which is why they're up 21.

bigsams50
02-06-2010, 10:06 PM
Why does everything have to be Lebron VS Kobe? Why cant we just appreciate that we are able to watch these 2 great players instead of hating on each of them?

Avenged
02-06-2010, 10:06 PM
Well Jordan has 6 rings and Lebron has 0. So Lebron has a long way to go to even challenge Jordan for the greatest of all time. He is the best player right now without a doubt, but everyone is already saying he's the king when he hasn't been crowned. If he scores more than 80 points, props to him, it adds to his resume, but dang people are already saying he's gonna be the greatest of all time and what not..

ko8e24
02-06-2010, 10:07 PM
I am a kobe hater because i simply said 3 facts that almost any basketball fan would agree with; lebron is better than kobe this year, lebron could score 80 points if he shot it 40-50 times and the lakers supporting cast is better than the cavs. :speechless: Appears everyone but kobe homers are kobe haters.

There are always different sides to the coin but everything i have ever read from Maram makes sense; sure he might takes shots at kobe but they make sense and are based on facts. How can someone be a hater if they simply spew facts?

The biggest hater of someone would say they suck and not give any reason behind it. ManRam backs up his **** with facts and good reasoning. Maybe you should give him some credit.

The sole reason that he goes out of his way, spends all that time, energy, research tools, and brain power in order to downgrade Bryant makes him a hater. I haven't come out until now saying all this stuff.

I think we're done here, let's just enjoying the rest of LeBron's performance, shall we?

Vee-Rex
02-06-2010, 10:09 PM
One thing I noticed on PSD:

People that give LBJ credit are fans of many different NBA teams.
People that don't give LBJ credit are always Laker fans.

There are more Kobe worshippers on PSD than for any other player. I wonder how many of 'em will commit suicide when Kobe gets old and LB is still tearing up the league lol.

At any rate, gotta appreciate the few Kobe fans that do give props to other players. I could never take anything away from all the great NBA players ESPECIALLY Kobe.

ko8e24
02-06-2010, 10:10 PM
Hard evidence at what? That Lebron could score 80 if he took 40-50 shots; idk look at shot percentages?

The closet thing i have seen to him taking away from Kobe's accomplishments is simply saying he shot alot, which he did. He is taking anything away from it because what Kobe has done is extriondary i think he is saying that if a select few nba players shot 40-50 times like kobe did, they might be able to score 80 points.

Peaks and valleys my friend. With timeouts, stoppages in the game, team turnovers and certain personal fouls, momentum changers of the game all that junk contribute to fluctuating statistical outputs of an individual throughout a 48-minute game.

For example, LeBron 13-18 FG 4-7 3 pointers in the 1st half

Halftime, game stoppage, so on and so forth

2nd half commences, LeBron 0-3 FG 0-1 3 pointers

Shooting 13-18 in first half doesn't mean it'll "necessarily" happen the same exact way in the 2nd half.

Shooting percentages fluctuate bro

WhyDuquette
02-06-2010, 10:12 PM
The sole reason that he goes out of his way, spends all that time, energy, research tools, and brain power in order to downgrade Bryant makes him a hater. I haven't come out until now saying all this stuff.

I think we're done here, let's just enjoying the rest of LeBron's performance, shall we?

I can agree with that

jimm120
02-06-2010, 10:13 PM
HAHHAHAHA HA! Knicks BABY!L

WhyDuquette
02-06-2010, 10:18 PM
Peaks and valleys my friend. With timeouts, stoppages in the game, team turnovers and certain personal fouls, momentum changers of the game all that junk contribute to fluctuating statistical outputs of an individual throughout a 48-minute game.

Shooting 13-18 in first half doesn't mean it'll "necessarily" happen the same exact way in the 2nd half.

Im not guarnteeing that it will happen but if Lebron was going for points, shooting more, looking for his shot then he even with peaks and valleys he should be able to put up 80 points.

And with Lebrons game even if he is having an off shooting night, or hits a cold spell he has the quickness, strenght, finishing ability, and free throw ability/star power (All top 10 players when they make a good drive and hit get foul calls the majority of the time, they all do) That i think he would have a very good shot at getting to 80 if he took 40-50 shots.

ko8e24
02-06-2010, 10:20 PM

Absolutely nothing against LeBron, he's having a big night, but this is what I mean of FG% fluctuations in a 48-min game where stoppages in a game (aka halftime) can slow the momentum of an individual player

first half 13-18 FG 4-7 3 pointers 5-5 free throws 35 points

after halftime/3rd qtr 1-7 FG 1-3 3 points 0-0 free throws 3 points

ko8e24
02-06-2010, 10:22 PM
Im not guarnteeing that it will happen but if Lebron was going for points, shooting more, looking for his shot then he even with peaks and valleys he should be able to put up 80 points.

And with Lebrons game even if he is having an off shooting night, or hits a cold spell he has the quickness, strenght, finishing ability, and free throw ability/star power (All top 10 players when they make a good drive and hit get foul calls the majority of the time, they all do) That i think he would have a very good shot at getting to 80 if he took 40-50 shots.

as looking at the box score, momentum changed due to game stoppage. while missing just 5 fields in 18 attempts in the first half, he missed 6 fields in 7 attempts in 3rd qtr alone

ko8e24
02-06-2010, 10:23 PM
And now, he hits his first 3 pointers of the 4th qtr. Individual Momentum of the game going back in his favor perhaps :)

This is what I mean by 48-min game perforamance fluctuations.

WhyDuquette
02-06-2010, 10:25 PM
And now, he hits his first 3 pointers of the 4th qtr. Individual Momentum of the game going back in his favor perhaps :)

This is what I mean by 48-min game perforamance fluctuations.

Ya, i know it changes; and all i am saying is that if he puts up 40-50 shots that he will go through peaks and valleys but his ability to drive and get to the line after he started off hot from distance would allow him to keep on getting points even if his shooting touch went cold.

rabueed
02-06-2010, 10:30 PM
I wanna see a quad double, never seen one.

41-8-7 with 5 steals....he won't get it, but dude, that would be SICK, especially with all the points he has.

jimm120
02-06-2010, 10:34 PM
I'll say it again...

hahahaha ah ha ha! Knicks Baby!

effen5
02-06-2010, 10:35 PM
Whose guarding Lebron? Chris Duhon?

SA5195
02-06-2010, 10:37 PM
:laugh:

Now it's only a 3 point game.

TheKing23
02-06-2010, 10:46 PM
I'll say it again...

hahahaha ah ha ha! Knicks Baby!

Two daggers from LeBron put it to rest.

jimm120
02-06-2010, 10:47 PM
Two daggers from LeBron put it to rest.

The Knicks did that on purpose. It was to show LeBron that they were good...and then let him go home happy by letting him score those last 2 buckets AND get in that "super defense" on Al Harrington.

It was all done on purpose.

_KB24_
02-06-2010, 10:56 PM
Wow, this is the second time that Lebron has gone off in the First Quarter, and gone completely cold in the second half. Still a great game.

ko8e24
02-06-2010, 10:58 PM
Awesome Awesome Game By the League's MVP!

djsunyc
02-06-2010, 11:01 PM
lebron needs to stop his showboating if he wants to seriously take that team to a championship. i understand he was on fire and all but pull ups from 30 feet out? come on man, respect the game.

rhaas74
02-06-2010, 11:09 PM
lebron needs to stop his showboating if he wants to seriously take that team to a championship. i understand he was on fire and all but pull ups from 30 feet out? come on man, respect the game.

Why? If he is hitting them then that means the defenders have to come that much further out to guard him. And when the defense gets drawn that far out it opens up more opportunities for passes or for blow by's. That is all if he can hit them, which he was.

td0tsfinest
02-06-2010, 11:28 PM
Just another day being the King.

jwn0303
02-06-2010, 11:50 PM
I wanna see a quad double, never seen one.

41-8-7 with 5 steals....he won't get it, but dude, that would be SICK, especially with all the points he has.

Lester Hudson did it at Tennessee Martin in his junior season. The only one in NCAA history. Very impressive

25/12/10/10 in regulation

heathonater
02-06-2010, 11:58 PM
great for my fantasy basketball team. 47 points, 8reb, 8ast, 5 stl and 6 three pointers. what a game!

Lakers4ItAll
02-07-2010, 12:29 AM
Do we really need a thread everytime a player has a big 1st qtr? Maybe if the player is still having a huge game entering the 4th but not right after the 1st

gabby10
02-07-2010, 12:32 AM
what do you expect the knicks are awful

Evolution23
02-07-2010, 12:44 AM
hes gona go the the Knicks next year

29$JerZ
02-07-2010, 12:47 AM
NBA forum, where bashing the Knicks happens

dominater6192
02-07-2010, 01:13 AM
imagine what Lebron could do to a player like gallo if he makes varajao look like an NBA player. He wouldn't even need a second free agent. Gallo would become the best sidekick in the NBA, wilson chandler would be a beast 6th man and keep david lee as a borderline all star.

Gallinari sucks. Knicks fans get over yourselves

NPH
02-07-2010, 01:15 AM

Haha wow sir. Lets refrain from literally loving LeBron now. I have counted 15 plus travels in the game..... If he wanted to....Please:facepalm:

JnasD
02-07-2010, 01:33 AM
what do you expect the knicks are awful

who's your team?

RapOZo
02-07-2010, 11:30 AM

thats just stupid, so you telling me he just doesn't want to score 80+ ??
that he hasnt done it because he "just doesn't want to"
what basketball player on earth wont like to go milestone?
why you think he all the time aiming for triple doubles?
stats, stats, stats.

81 in ur MF Face!! Beach!

OG "Dee" LOCc
02-07-2010, 12:17 PM
Gallinari sucks. Knicks fans get over yourselves

:eyebrow:
:cry:

Gallo is leading the league in threes

Avg 14.4 pts .8 Blocks .9 steals 1.7 assists 5.2 rebounds 2.7 3s made

And this is essentially his rookie year because he was injured last year.

He doesn't suck....

rhaas74
02-07-2010, 02:21 PM
:eyebrow:
:cry:

Gallo is leading the league in threes

Avg 14.4 pts .8 Blocks .9 steals 1.7 assists 5.2 rebounds 2.7 3s made

And this is essentially his rookie year because he was injured last year.

He doesn't suck....

And he is also the league leader in 3's taken. He takes 7 per game, so 2.7 isn't such a great number when you put it in perspective.

Chronz
02-07-2010, 02:29 PM
Do we really need a thread everytime a player has a big 1st qtr? Maybe if the player is still having a huge game entering the 4th but not right after the 1st
Well then this thread qualifies, take your Laker bias back to your home forum.

thats just stupid, so you telling me he just doesn't want to score 80+ ??

Yes, its a disgrace to the game to aim for personal glory instead of letting it happen as a result of team play. Thats never been Bron, it never will be. Do you really think MJ couldnt have scored 81 if he wanted, if you do your the worst of the bunch.

clayballz
02-07-2010, 02:45 PM
He will not go 50 and 20, but this just shows that without lebron, the Cavs are nothing

This coming from a guy who thinks Rose + Deng = a championship? LMFAO

shas
02-07-2010, 05:30 PM
lol

KG2TB
02-07-2010, 05:33 PM

Lakers4ItAll
02-08-2010, 01:35 AM
Well then this thread qualifies, take your Laker bias back to your home forum.

How did this qualify?

vash9
02-08-2010, 02:10 AM

Agreed.

Wilson
02-08-2010, 02:24 AM
This game ended 27 hours ago or something and LeBron finished with a very LeBron-like 47, 8 & 8. Since that's hardly out of the blue for him, there isn't really any need for this thread, I'm going to close it.