PDA

View Full Version : Rookie/Soph. Challenge: Rose to sit out, replaced by Morrow

RaptorizedKevin
02-06-2010, 07:34 PM
http://www.tsn.ca/nba/story/?id=308702

Due to his busy weekend, Rose has been replaced in the Rookie Challenge game by Golden State's Anthony Morrow. The game is scheduled to take place Friday, February 12.

rose will be replaced by Anthony morrow.

my bad. guys.

KG2TB
02-06-2010, 07:35 PM
That's an odd selection. But whatever, no body cares about the skills comp

ko8e24
02-06-2010, 07:36 PM
always post the story with the link..

New York, NY (Sports Network) - Reigning Rookie of the Year winner Derrick Rose of the Chicago Bulls will defend his Skills Challenge crown during All- Star weekend against two past winners of the event and an up-and-coming rookie.

Rose, who was also named to his first All-Star Game this year, will take on Phoenix's Steve Nash, Utah's Deron Williams and Bucks rookie Brandon Jennings on Saturday, February 13 at American Airlines Center in Dallas.

Nash won the Skills Challenge in 2005, while Williams, a Dallas native, took home the 2008 crown.

The Skills Challenge consists of four players competing in a two-round timed obstacle course with dribbling, passing and shooting stations.

Due to his busy weekend, Rose has been replaced in the Rookie Challenge game by Golden State's Anthony Morrow. The game is scheduled to take place Friday, February 12.

ko8e24
02-06-2010, 07:37 PM
And that makes sense, cuz he's gonna be in the sophomore team in the rookie challenge game, he's also gonna be a reserve all-star for the East. ANd he also has to go through that all-star game media stuff and the East all-stars practice thing.

ko8e24
02-06-2010, 07:39 PM
:facepalm:

This dude once again fails. Did you drink some spoiled milk out of your milk bag this morning?

:confused: wtf are u talking about. Did u not click on the link?

Kyben36
WOW, I am a bulls fan, and Im a bit upset, but Morrow, this guy is a killer shooter, but not Skill challege worthy, put a real player in there, Rondo even would be better, but not Morrow, please,

RaptorizedKevin
:facepalm:

This dude once again fails. Did you drink some spoiled milk out of your milk bag this morning?

:confused:

Kyben36
02-06-2010, 07:40 PM
And that makes sense, cuz he's gonna be in the sophomore team in the rookie challenge game, he's also gonna be a reserve all-star for the East. ANd he also has to go through that all-star game media stuff and the East all-stars practice thing.

He has already decided not to play in the Rok Sof game, and was replaced by morrow there as well, its odd the morrow replaced him in both games ???

ko8e24
02-06-2010, 07:40 PM
agree, Rondo should've been in this competition over Morrow. Morrow shouldve been picked for the 3-pt contest.

I wonder who makes these boneheaded decisions :confused:

Baller1
02-06-2010, 07:41 PM
Are all of you ****ing kidding me?!

He's sitting out of the Rookie Challenge, NOT the Skills challenge. Jesus...

Kyben36
WAIT, Rokie challenge, not skills challege, damn, got me a little pissed for a second,

Strumpy
I wonder who makes these boneheaded decisions :confused:

David Stern :mad:

ko8e24
hold up, rose aint playin in the rookie game either?

and morrow is out for the season?

im hearing different things, can someone plz provide a link or validate that these facts are indeed true?

Kyben36
02-06-2010, 07:42 PM
Are all of you ****ing kidding me?!

He's sitting out of the Rookie Challenge, NOT the Skills challenge. Jesus...

SRY, I relide on the headline, also, I figured it was odd that morrow was replacing him in both games. HEHEHEHEHE

sacgiants1213
02-06-2010, 07:42 PM
where does it say morrow is replacing him in the skills competition? All it says is morrow is replacing rose in the rook/soph game.

ko8e24
02-06-2010, 07:43 PM
lol, i posted the story and read it wrong.

MY BAD

and RaptorizedKevin, u made a mistake in reading it as well, lol

RaptorizedKevin
my bad . mod please change the name to Rookie-soophomore game : rose to sit out.

Baller1

im hearing different things, can someone plz provide a link or validate that these facts are indeed true?

He's sitting out of the ROOKIE challenge, not the SKILLS challenge.

Kyben36
02-06-2010, 07:44 PM
Rose is sitting out of the Rokie Sophmore game because he got excepted to the Allstar game

He is still defending his title at the skills challenge,

at the end of the article when it says Rose will sit out due to a busy schedule, in other words, he could not do the Rok sof game because of the allstar game

HE IS IN THE ALLSTAR GAME

HE IS IN THE SKILLS CHALLEGE

Fresno
Derrick Rose excused from Rookie-Sophmore Challenge Due To Playing In NBA All Star Game (http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/news/story?id=4881130)

Anthony Morrow said his sprained knee felt fine in shootaround and he expects to play on Saturday.

Morrow has been out for over three weeks and fantasy owners should take a wait-and-see approach to his role in the Warriors' ever-changing rotation. He's worth stashing away in deep leagues, however, and average leagues if you're looking for a source of 3s.

Rotoworld

Hes not out for the season.

ko8e24
He's sitting out of the ROOKIE challenge, not the SKILLS challenge.

it's koo bro, he made a mistake and he admitted it. It's all good.

Kyben36
02-06-2010, 07:45 PM
srry no one know anything bout the warriors, i just found out marrow is out for the season. chill out.

IT never even says he will be out of the skills challenge, nice reading,

dont worry though, everyone makes mistakes

ko8e24
Derrick Rose excused from Rookie-Sophmore Challenge Due To Playing In NBA All Star Game (http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/news/story?id=4881130)

Rotoworld

Hes not out for the season.

thanx for the links man

Baller1
it's koo bro, he made a mistake and he admitted it. It's all good.

I know, I'm not mad.

But you guys had me baffled, and I was starting to wonder if I was reading it wrong.

RaptorizedKevin
02-06-2010, 07:49 PM
where does it say morrow is replacing him in the skills competition? All it says is morrow is replacing rose in the rook/soph game.

i edited it out. it soupposed to be morrow will replace rose in the ROOKIE SOPHOMORE CHALLENGE.

RaptorizedKevin
02-06-2010, 07:51 PM
IT never even says he will be out of the skills challenge, nice reading,

dont worry though, everyone makes mistakes

yeah my bad . sorry bout that guys

kozelkid
02-06-2010, 09:01 PM
A little disappointed. I also could have sworn that Sam Smith posted something about a rule change where Rookies and sophomores couldn't decline the invitation if they made the allstar team...

td0tsfinest
02-06-2010, 11:29 PM
sophmores will still kick ***

Joshtd1
02-06-2010, 11:31 PM
Wish Hill would have been selected over Morrow. Woulda been cool to see him throwin some dunks down.