PDA

View Full Version : Dirk got benched... by himself?

MacFitz92
02-06-2010, 05:10 PM
The Mavericks have been playing horrid basketball lately, which included a home-loss to the Minnesota Timberwolves in the game Dirk was not starting (showed up late for shoot-a-round). They had a slow start, and were down by 9 when Dirk came in. They ended up losing by 9... Thanks Dirk, great decision.

"I actually made that decision," said Nowitzki, who came to the arena to shoot on his own in the morning. "We all [have] got to be accountable. I made a mistake and thought it was regular game time, so I wanted to show up at 6. I was almost 30 minutes late.

-- ESPNDallas.com

http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nba/news/story?id=4891631

PurpleJesus
02-06-2010, 05:23 PM
Dirk still played 38 minutes, his benching didnt really matter

ko8e24
02-06-2010, 05:28 PM
Nonetheless, he's a true leader. I can see it in his eyes every time I watch him that he wants that championship so bad. he and J-Kidd are true no non-sense type of leaders.

A lot to admire about this guy. One of the underappreciated guys in this league.

MacFitz92
02-06-2010, 05:53 PM
Nonetheless, he's a true leader. I can see it in his eyes every time I watch him that he wants that championship so bad. he and J-Kidd are true no non-sense type of leaders.

A lot to admire about this guy. One of the underappreciated guys in this league.

Very true, as an avid Mavs fan, it hurts to watch this team with so much talent, play so badly lately. They lack emotion(Besisdes Kidd and Nowitzki) and I only pray that Cuban can ship Howard off for a big man.

Reyes6
02-06-2010, 05:54 PM
Howard should've benched himself.

Young2Kinsler
02-06-2010, 06:09 PM
MacFitz, do us all a favor over at the Mavs forum and off yourself. Don't blame Dirk for this team losing. He is the best thing that has EVER happened to this franchise, and was doing the right thing being a leader and a professional. This is just another reason why Dirk Nowitzki is just that amazing.

MacFitz92
02-06-2010, 06:16 PM
MacFitz, do us all a favor over at the Mavs forum and off yourself. Don't blame Dirk for this team losing. He is the best thing that has EVER happened to this franchise, and was doing the right thing being a leader and a professional. This is just another reason why Dirk Nowitzki is just that amazing.

Just saying, we're struggling like hell right now, and if you're the face of the franchise, you don't need to bench yourself to prove everybody is equal. You need to will this team to another win, because right now, there aren't any guarenteed wins. In fact, I wouldn't be ready to battle any of the teams in the West in a 7 game series, as of now.

Burkey3472
02-06-2010, 06:17 PM
It's not like he only played 20 minutes, he played his normal amount so if he started the outcome would have been the same most likely.

MacFitz92
02-06-2010, 06:18 PM
Plus, there has to be someone to take the blame when you lose to Minnesota at home, and it has to be the insane man who benched Dirk!... who was Dirk!

Dirk can't bench himself right now because quite frankly we need him more than ever.

MacFitz92
02-06-2010, 06:19 PM
It's not like he only played 20 minutes, he played his normal amount so if he started the outcome would have been the same most likely.

The start of the game can often dictate the tempo for the entire game, just saying.

Young2Kinsler
02-06-2010, 06:20 PM
Dirk was showing that no one player is more important than the team. It only solidifies the fact that it is hard when you don't play as a unit.

Burkey3472
02-06-2010, 06:34 PM
The start of the game can often dictate the tempo for the entire game, just saying.

They didn't lose the game in the first quarter....they lost it in the 3rd when when they got outscored by double digits.

RaptorizedKevin
02-06-2010, 07:25 PM
mark cuban do something

skratcher
02-06-2010, 07:49 PM
Props to Dirk for holding himself accountable.

heathonater
02-06-2010, 08:20 PM
dirk is setting a good example for his teammates by being accountable for his late arrival. the mavs will turn it around on the court because of dirk, he is a great player.