PDA

View Full Version : Top 2 Players on the Team. If your team won the title, who would get the most credit

JordansBulls
02-06-2010, 03:11 PM
Top 2 Players on the Team. If your team won the title, who would get the most credit?

For instance,

If the Denver Nuggets won the Title this season, who would get more credit - Melo or Billups?

Baller1
02-06-2010, 03:13 PM
OKC Thunder.

I don't think there's any question as to who would get the most credit.

Bucsfan
02-06-2010, 03:27 PM
Jazz

Would have to be Deron Williams, he is the court leader

nipo10847
02-06-2010, 03:33 PM
Top 2 Players on the Team. If your team won the title, who would get the most credit?

For instance,

If the Denver Nuggets won the Title this season, who would get more credit - Melo or Billups?

Bad thread. Not many contenders have two men, where you might have doubt, not even Nuggets. I mean Melo has to be the leading MAN if nuggets wants to win a ship no matter what.

LeBron, Kobe, Pierce, Melo, Duncan, Dirk, Dwight etc etc...

MacFitz92
02-06-2010, 03:41 PM
Bad thread. Not many contenders have two men, where you might have doubt, not even Nuggets. I mean Melo has to be the leading MAN if nuggets wants to win a ship no matter what.

LeBron, Kobe, Pierce, Melo, Duncan, Dirk, Dwight etc etc...

I'd disagree, I personally think the whole team "deserves credit", but who I think led the team, aka the man who willed the team, would be Billups. I'd even go as far and say Billups is the best PG in the NBA.

Who is better than Billups? The only one IMO that comes close is Nash, but I'd much rathere have Billups.

For instance, the Nuggets without Melo is a better team than a team without Chauncey, of course, IMO.

And, for the Mavs, Dirk is obviously the man for us.

JWO35
02-06-2010, 06:01 PM
Detroit Pistons
Rodney Stuckey(Holy ****! Rodney Stuckey, The Finals, and Starting PG in the same sentence!?)
Ben Wallace(All he did for us and he still plays well)

I would give it to Rodney Stuckey...he must have done something to get us there.

JermanJaysFan
02-06-2010, 06:04 PM
Heres an interesting one: if the Bobcats won the title. Who gets the credit?

Wallace has been having a HUGE year, but they weren't going anywhere offensively until Jackson showed up.

PHX2daDEATH
02-06-2010, 06:22 PM
If the Suns won the Title ...

Amare...

As much as this is Nash's team.. Amare would have to dominate every playoff game for the Suns to raise the banner

Chronz
02-06-2010, 06:38 PM
Heres an interesting one: if the Bobcats won the title. Who gets the credit?

Wallace has been having a HUGE year, but they weren't going anywhere offensively until Jackson showed up.

So? Where would they be without Wallace?

Gibby23
02-06-2010, 06:40 PM
Don't we have to see how the players do in the finals? We don't know the 2nd best guy hit a buzzer beater or got finals MVP. Great thread, well thought out.

HoopsDrive
02-06-2010, 06:40 PM
Ok, if the Nets win a ship, would Wall or Lopez get the most credit? Hmm...

ChiBulls91
02-06-2010, 06:44 PM

if the nets won, the rest of the league would get the credit for being way too generous

iluvsports2much
02-06-2010, 06:44 PM
OKC Thunder.

I don't think there's any question as to who would get the most credit.

of course... russel westbrook...:clap:

anyway...lakers

kobe bryant,but in a close second pau gasol..kobe cant win it all w/out him

bronxbomba26
02-06-2010, 06:45 PM
Brook Lopez and Brook Lopez

iluvsports2much
02-06-2010, 06:47 PM
So? Where would they be without Wallace?

they would be the warriors without gerald wallace wit stephen jackson runnin things... gerald wallace is definately more valuable..

_KB24_
02-06-2010, 06:48 PM
The best player. Leadership is essential, but you need the skill. So for the Nugget comparison, I would say Melo.

iluvsports2much
02-06-2010, 06:49 PM

if the nets won the chip,it would be in high school basketball

bronxbomba26
02-06-2010, 06:58 PM
Chuck Norris wears Brook Lopez pajamas to bed

ko8e24
02-06-2010, 07:34 PM
For the Lakers it's gotta be Sasha "Machine go pee pee" Vujacic

iluvsports2much
02-06-2010, 07:42 PM
For the Lakers it's gotta be Sasha "Machine go pee pee" Vujacic

na its gotta be fish or ammo

Celts437
02-06-2010, 08:47 PM
I'd disagree, I personally think the whole team "deserves credit", but who I think led the team, aka the man who willed the team, would be Billups. I'd even go as far and say Billups is the best PG in the NBA.
Who is better than Billups? The only one IMO that comes close is Nash, but I'd much rathere have Billups.

For instance, the Nuggets without Melo is a better team than a team without Chauncey, of course, IMO.

And, for the Mavs, Dirk is obviously the man for us.

Billups doesn't get enough credit. I agree with you he is right up there at the top and an arguable number 1. In the playoffs(which is what matters) I'd take Chauncey.

td0tsfinest
02-06-2010, 11:27 PM
if nuggets did win, i'd think chauncey would get more credit. He's been the difference maker so far the team .

*Superman*
02-06-2010, 11:28 PM
Magic

Dwight over Vince.

Hellcrooner
02-06-2010, 11:48 PM
there are only two teams in the nba with no CLEAr cut marketing impulsed total franchise guy.

celtics where you could dicuss pierce and garnett

and grizzlies where deppending on how the finals turned up you wouldnt even be able to decide wich of the FoUR main player is the most responsible or the second most.

everywhere else marketing rules as in all the credit to kobe 0 credit to pau

alencp3
02-07-2010, 11:15 AM
if nuggets did win, i'd think chauncey would get more credit. He's been the difference maker so far the team .

And if Raps win it it will be Rocky Balboa :speechless::speechless::speechless:

JordansBulls
02-07-2010, 11:33 AM
Magic

Dwight over Vince.

I agree.

mjqusoldier
02-07-2010, 11:35 AM
chris duhon and eddy curry because duhon retired to become a male stripper and curry retired to join the nathan's hot dog contest and take down that chinese guy

JordansBulls
02-07-2010, 05:16 PM

That's what I wanted to know as well.

sunnydayin'zona
02-07-2010, 05:29 PM
suns

nash and amare.
nash gets credit. dont think that one's hard to decide...

unless maybe amare has consistent triple doubles with 3+ blocks or something ridiculous like that.

stripersniper77
02-07-2010, 05:36 PM
on the celtics 4 guys could realistically catch fire in the playoffs and be the most important.

Pierce could average like 26 ppg in high scoring affairs.

Garnett could average 18 ppg and play outstanding d-fense in low scoring affairs all post season

Ray Allen could average 20 ppg and hit all the clutch shots

Rondo could average a triple double all post season and lead the team.

Any or all of those things are possible, except for high score and low score in the same games; unless the celts score and the other team dont , and it would be hard to say who was more important.

BkOriginalOne
02-07-2010, 05:53 PM
Denver.

I think Billups because he is the leader and the clutch shot maker.
Melo might tear on the offensive end and get the nod, though.

KG21
02-07-2010, 06:07 PM
Boston - Kevin Garnett
Cavs - Lebron
Orlando - Howard
Heat -Wade
Thunder - Durant
Jazz - Durant
Bulls - Rose
Nets - Lopez
Minnesota - Al
Philly - Iggy
Mavs - Dirk
Nuggets - Chauncey ( cuz Denver wasnt a playoff team with out him and now with him they have given the lakes a run for their money last season)
Rockets - Brooks
Bucks - Redd
Pacers - Granger
Suns - Nash
NOH - Chris Paul
Pistons - Hamilton
Sacramento - Evans
LAC - Caman
LAL - I would go with gasol cuz kobe couldn't win a **** without him before.
Warriors - Ellis
Hawks - Crawford (he got them a lot better so he would get it now)
NY - LOL whole team sucks *** but it would go to Lee
Toronto - Hedo ( bosh just couldn't do it with out him if they go the ring)
Wizards - Butler
Memphis - Mayo
Bobcats - Jackson (even tho Wallace PWN this year he put them over the hump)
Portland - Aldridge
SA - Jefferson

This is only IF the teams won the ring and its my own opinion.

bigsams50
02-07-2010, 06:11 PM
Boston - Kevin Garnett
Cavs - Lebron
Orlando - Howard
Heat -Wade
Thunder - Durant
Jazz - Durant
Bulls - Rose
Nets - Lopez
Minnesota - Al
Philly - Iggy
Mavs - Dirk
Nuggets - Chauncey ( cuz Denver wasnt a playoff team with out him and now with him they have given the lakes a run for their money last season)
Rockets - Brooks
Bucks - Redd
Pacers - Granger
Suns - Nash
NOH - Chris Paul
Pistons - Hamilton
Sacramento - Evans
LAC - Caman
LAL - I would go with gasol cuz kobe couldn't win a **** without him before.
Warriors - Ellis
Hawks - Crawford (he got them a lot better so he would get it now)
NY - LOL whole team sucks *** but it would go to Lee
Toronto - Hedo ( bosh just couldn't do it with out him if they go the ring)
Wizards - Butler
Memphis - Mayo
Bobcats - Jackson (even tho Wallace PWN this year he put them over the hump)
Portland - Aldridge
SA - Jefferson

This is only IF the teams won the ring and its my own opinion.

No way. This is Crash's team. He's far more valuable than Captian Jack

Kakaroach
02-07-2010, 06:30 PM
For the Jazz it would be between Deron Williams and Carlos Boozer. I'd say D. Will though.

HoopsDrive
02-07-2010, 06:49 PM
if the nets won, the rest of the league would get the credit for being way too generous

Maybe the refs... oh wait

RadiantShot
02-07-2010, 06:52 PM
For the Orlando Magic,

The way it's going right now, Dwight Howard & Jameer Nelson. Jameer's been doing well as of late, despite an early struggle. Vince Carter was brought in to be the go-to scorer, and has done that only a few times this season, so if he keeps going on this track, Jameer will get more credit than Vince.

vash9
02-07-2010, 09:04 PM
New Jersey Nets.

Harris vs. Lopez

Uhm. I'd say Lopez. Much more consistent. Devin just got back to his All-Star last year form by scoring 20ppg and about 8 assist per game, but once again injured. So i gotta go with Brook.

SA5195
02-07-2010, 09:08 PM
Raps

Bosh and Hedo.

Don't know who to give the credits too though.

If Hedo plays in the playoffs like he did last year of ORL, then I would give the credits to him, cause of the clutch plays.

Otherwise, then I would give the credits to Bosh.

Bishnoff
02-07-2010, 09:57 PM
Suns.

Nash for sure.

Wilson
02-07-2010, 10:40 PM
For the Lakers, for me it's more interesting to think of who would get the second most amount of credit. Kobe will obviously get the most, but it would be interesting to see what Andrew's, Pau's, Ron's and Lamar's contributions would be. They've all shown themselves to be inconsistent.

As for the discussion on the Nuggets, the general consensus here seems to be Chauncey. I'm not saying that him getting more credit is inconceivable, here's my case for Carmelo:

His defense improved dramatically last season, and he was great in the play-offs. If he can provide more of that physical defense on guys like Kobe Bryant, Paul Pierce, LeBron James or whoever else the Nuggets might have to face this year that would be huge.

Also, 'Melo has been a clutch monster ever since he was drafted. If the Nuggets get to the Finals and there are a few really close games, Carmelo has proven himself capable of hitting the tough shots at the end. Doing it in the Finals would get him a lot of credit.

The Spurs would be interesting too. Tony Parker will have to be big for them to go all the way, it would be interesting to see who gets more credit between him and Timmy.

heathonater
02-07-2010, 11:54 PM
for portland, it would definitely be roy.

ChiSox219
02-08-2010, 12:18 AM
Bulls:

Rose gets the most credit

Deng deserves the most credit

JordansBulls
02-08-2010, 09:23 AM
Bulls:

Rose gets the most credit

Deng deserves the most credit

Really!!! Why is this?

Phat Pat 94
02-08-2010, 09:40 AM
lakers- kobe or ron artest, but i think ron is going to have a good playoffs.

timberwolves- corey brewer or al jeff :hide:

RadiantShot
02-08-2010, 10:41 AM
lakers- kobe or ron artest, but i think ron is going to have a good playoffs.

timberwolves- corey brewer or al jeff :hide:

They are all able to get some sort of props.

Flynn could get it. AJ could get it. Love would probably get it. Brewer could get it. For how bad they are, they still have a lot of people who could recieve it.