PDA

View Full Version : How deep is this rookie class in pgs?

topdog
02-05-2010, 11:48 PM
Lot's of people are paying attention to guys like Evans and Jennings with their gaudy numbers but have we ever seen a draft class with this many starter-quality points?

Evans
Jennings
Flynn
Curry (if you believe he is one)
Lawson
Collison (leading the Hornets)
Beaubois (saw him for the 1st time tonight - Devin Harris who?)
Teague
Maynor
ect.
Oh, and this kid name Ricky Rubio.

Debate? Please.

Philly101
02-05-2010, 11:56 PM
and Holiday

WSU Tony
02-06-2010, 01:17 AM
And this year, we have 1....2. Seriously, that's it. Man, a team with 2 of these PG's listed above would get good trade value from a team looking for a good young PG.

td0tsfinest
02-06-2010, 01:25 AM
well it was well known that this draft was very deep in PG. Look at the rookie roster.

Kyben36
02-06-2010, 01:35 AM
Personly, I see evans as a SG, not a PG, Curry as well, especialy if he grows that 2 inches he is suposed to.

but, yes, it was deep, but not that deep, most of these players will never be carear starters IMO,

Jennings, Flynn and rubio Maybe, but I just see the others as bench players.

TheKing23
02-06-2010, 01:44 AM
The class is super deep PG wise. You can add Jrue Holiday to your first list as well... I think he'll have a solid NBA career as an PG.

I think in 5 years time the PG's from this draft will rank like this:

1. Tyreke Evans
2. Brandon Jennings
3. Stephon Curry
4. Ty Lawson
5. Jonny Flynn

I think Lawson, alongside DeJaun Blair and Omri Casspi, is the steal of the draft.

DerekRE_3
02-06-2010, 02:07 AM
Personly, I see evans as a SG, not a PG, Curry as well, especialy if he grows that 2 inches he is suposed to.

but, yes, it was deep, but not that deep, most of these players will never be carear starters IMO,

Jennings, Flynn and rubio Maybe, but I just see the others as bench players.

He's a guard.

SteveNash
02-06-2010, 08:52 AM
PG/combo guards are the most common position and the easiest to fill. Not really too much of a surprise.