PDA

View Full Version : Nuggets on the Lakers: "We kind of know how to beat them"

JordansBulls
02-05-2010, 11:22 PM
Link (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=mc-afterthebuzzer020510&prov=yhoo&type=lgns)

"We kind of know how to beat them, what we have to do,” Karl said. “We’re learning that better, and I think that’s a positive.”

“Why should we be? [The championship] was last year,” Anthony said. “They are the same to me. They are the Lakers, I guess.”

“I don’t know if they’re better,” Billups said. “But they won it all. They don’t have to be better. Nobody was as good as them.

“That’s yet to be seen. I really, really thought Trevor Ariza(notes) was good for that team. I think they miss him.”

albertc86
02-05-2010, 11:24 PM
I think teams have an idea as to how to beat the Lakers until they actually play them. The Nuggets match up well but just not when it matters.

still1ballin
02-05-2010, 11:25 PM
Not surprise here. Always running their mouths dating back to last year. They should do the talkin on the court instead to the media.

ManRam
02-05-2010, 11:28 PM
Not surprise here. Always running their mouths dating back to last year. They should do the talkin on the court instead to the media.

I don't see it as running their mouths.

I mean, they've played them enough lately to know how to beat them, or at least have an idea of how to. I think that's all they're saying. They aren't saying they will win...they even admitted the Lakers were the best.

You also can't deny Trevor's importance in the Nuggets series last year. Nuggets fans will never forget how good he was, and have every right to think LA will miss him. He did basically win two games for the Lakers last year.

td0tsfinest
02-05-2010, 11:33 PM

why not..its called mind games.

Though mind games seem to be immune to Kobe.

Gibby23
02-05-2010, 11:34 PM
I don't see it as running their mouths.

I mean, they've played them enough lately to know how to beat them, or at least have an idea of how to. I think that's all they're saying. They aren't saying they will win...they even admitted the Lakers were the best.

You also can't deny Trevor's importance in the Nuggets series last year. Nuggets fans will never forget how good he was, and have every right to think LA will miss him. He did basically win two games for the Lakers last year.

They only won 4 of the last 10 against us counting the playoffs. If you go back further it's 4 of the last 17 or something like that. Karl has never beat a Phil Jackson team in the playoffs or finals. The Lakers own the Nuggets and they are trying to make themselves feel better.

Gibby23
02-05-2010, 11:36 PM
Artest and Gasol respond:

http://lakers.freedomblogging.com/2010/02/05/nuggets-are-better-than-the-lakers/29927/

“They think they’re better than us? I’ll let Kobe (Bryant) answer that,” Ron Artest said.

Like the old children’s nursery rhyme about sticks and stones, Pau Gasol said words don’t mean much.

“It’s what you do out there and the result at the end of the ball game,” Gasol said. “I think it (Denver thinking that) is a mistake. They can talk all day long because it really comes downn to how you play and who ends up being the winner at the end

ManRam
02-05-2010, 11:38 PM
They only won 4 of the last 10 against us counting the playoffs. If you go back further it's 4 of the last 17 or something like that. Karl has never beat a Phil Jackson team in the playoffs or finals. The Lakers own the Nuggets and they are trying to make themselves feel better.

I'm confused, and this is directed to Artest's comments too...

Where did they say they were better? Where did they say they KNEW how to beat them? Where did they say they WERE going to beat them?

Karl said "We kind of know how to beat them, what we have to do". That's not saying anything at all really IMO. Every team knows what they have to do to beat another team. It's just about doing it.

This thread was bad news. But if you look at it for what it is, it's a HUGE non-issue.

Penetra8r
02-05-2010, 11:39 PM
Come bring your "A" game Denver...

Jays Claw
02-05-2010, 11:40 PM
The Nuggets have beaten the Lakers before. They're simply confident that they could beat them. There is nothing wrong with that. In my opinion, fans of the Lakers should not be offended by their comments. Ever since the Nuggets trounced the Lakers at home, I've always thought they could one day dethrone them.

Gibby23
02-05-2010, 11:51 PM
I think Kobe read the comments also.

RaptorizedKevin
02-05-2010, 11:55 PM
the nuggets are already getting cocky , they should kep this information to themselves. PLus, beating the lakers with an injured kobe, doesnt say much,.

bahama0811
02-05-2010, 11:57 PM
Thanks JB, why not just rile up all the Lakers fans.

stawka
02-06-2010, 12:07 AM
Nuggets are again running their mouths, but during Kobe's interview when he says "Some people don't want to play when they're hurt because it ruins their stats" as a blatant shot at 'Melo is not running his mouth.

Kobe = God
Melo = Satan

:rolleyes:

ManRam
02-06-2010, 12:09 AM
JB. This thread was a fail.

shep33
02-06-2010, 12:17 AM
Until the Nuggets can get a player like Battier, Bowen (of old), Prince, to shut down kobe they have no chance. Kobe just destroys this team in the playoffs, and Denver tries to put everyone on him from Kmart, to Billups, to Smith, even Anthony but nothing works. They need that shut down defender, and i actually think Denver could win a title... but the flip side of that coin is that if Kobe is in the zone, really nobody can stop him.

Wilson
02-06-2010, 12:29 AM
The way to beat the Lakers is no great secret. Get physical with Andrew and Pau. Sometimes that's all it takes. They did show a lot of improvement last season (particularly Pau), but they're still susceptible to getting pushed around sometimes as well. Out-hustled as well.

Denver are very capable of doing that. They did a great job in the first four games of the Western Conference Finals, but they just seemed to run out of steam after that. With the experience they gained, and going through a full training camp and season with Chauncey this year, I wouldn't expect that to happen again. Carmelo is really maturing as an all-around player as well, and that could go a long long way.

Lakersfan2483
02-06-2010, 12:30 AM
Talk is cheap, they have to prove it during the postseason. Personally, I like the chatter it makes for a more interesting postseason.

WITZ
02-06-2010, 12:43 AM
the nuggets are already getting cocky , they should kep this information to themselves. PLus, beating the lakers with an injured kobe, doesnt say much,.

I think beating the lakers without mellow is saying something.

Gibby23
02-06-2010, 12:51 AM
I think beating the lakers without mellow is saying something.

When did they do that?

WITZ
02-06-2010, 12:55 AM
When did they do that?

Worded it wrong,I meant if they won today it would mean something since they are missing they're best player.

shep33
02-06-2010, 01:29 AM
Haha i guess the way to beat the lakers is have billups go for 37 after 3! Man that was pretty sick he's made 9 3's after the 3rd quarter. Lakers are in foul trouble with Kobe and bynum having 4 each. Kobe's hurt obviously, but is still playing well, but Bynum seems to be struggling with his knee. I think this'll be the conference finals, and I'm taking LA still just cause Denver hasn't really proved anything against them in the postseason yet.

lakerboy
02-06-2010, 01:45 AM
Wow a great thread JordansBulls.

Fail.

Kohaku
02-06-2010, 02:03 AM
When did they do that?

Just now.

lakerboy
02-06-2010, 02:08 AM
Just now.

Says the Clippers fan

iggypop123
i think shooting 70% from 3 is something that can beat any team

Gibby23
Just now.

See the ring in the sig? Talk to me when you win 4 out of 7. Some people had career nights tonight, but get a ring...

OutOfTHEBLUE
Lakers fan here.

I love how everyone freaks out after a regular season game.

Even some of my fellow Laker fans did it after our nice game in Boston.

Guys, the truth is, this is another game out of 82. If the Nuggets ever beat us in the playoffs, then they can talk.

Don't get me wrong, I respect Denver and I do see them as our only legitimate threat in the West, but until a team bounces you from the playoffs the haven't accomplished much, if anything.

TheKing23
02-06-2010, 02:09 AM
The timing of this thread was perfect...

Go_NUGGETS
02-06-2010, 02:09 AM
HaHa Lakers fans Madddd...They MADDDDD!! HAHAHA.

ManRam
02-06-2010, 02:10 AM
This thread is about to get REAL!

Gibby23
02-06-2010, 02:11 AM
The timing of this thread was perfect...

Funny sig. When is the last time a pro team in the city of Cleaveland won a championship?

Shady66
what do ya know, turns out they do know how to beat them ;)

heathonater
it will only matter for denver if they beat la in the playoffs. this is a nice win tonight, but the playoffs are where it counts.

ManRam
02-06-2010, 02:12 AM
This thread is about to get REAL!

Funny sig. When is the last time a pro team in the city of Cleaveland won a championship?

And it begins ;)

Gibby23
02-06-2010, 02:12 AM
what do ya know, turns out they do know how to beat them ;)

And you made a thread after the Suns were 14-3. What happened?

Kohaku
02-06-2010, 02:13 AM
See the ring in the sig? Talk to me when you win 4 out of 7. Some people had career nights tonight, but get a ring...

Just saying ;), don't need to get all hot over it.

Shady66
02-06-2010, 02:13 AM

BURN

WHAT A COMEBACKK

when lakers fans get embaressed, they talk about how many championships they have

LIVE FOR THE PRESENT

papoose123
02-06-2010, 02:14 AM
haaaaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaaaaaa laaaaaaaaaaakers faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaansssss MAD

Gibby23
02-06-2010, 02:14 AM
Just saying ;), don't need to get all hot over it.

Im just saying. Where is the ring?

Gibby23
02-06-2010, 02:15 AM
BURN

WHAT A COMEBACKK

when lakers fans get embaressed, they talk about how many championships they have

LIVE FOR THE PRESENT

What happened to the Suns team that Suns fans thought would be top 3 or 4 in the west?

Shady66
02-06-2010, 02:15 AM
And you made a thread after the Suns were 14-3. What happened?

I never made a thread saying that.

What happend to pau gasol and ron artest?
what happend to lakers gonna win 70 games this season

lakers fans pissed are the funniest

Kohaku
02-06-2010, 02:16 AM
Im just saying. Where is the ring?

Haven't won one yet. We might this year though ;).

ManRam
If you haven't, go read some of the new threads popping up in the Laker forum. Hilarious.

Pau/Bynum ruining the Lakers?
Odom for Kidd?
Just go away jujacic you suck
Vent thread.
im sick and tired of this team...

What will be next.

Deep breath Laker fans. Denver will never ever be able to replicate that effort. You are the defending champs. You have the best record in the West. Relax!

Shady66
What happened to the Suns team that Suns fans thought would be top 3 or 4 in the west?

Suns fans were hoping for a 7th 8th seed.
very few thought that

plus were like 5th? so huge difference anyways

iggypop123
02-06-2010, 02:17 AM
i sense alot of warnings in this thread

Gibby23
02-06-2010, 02:19 AM
Suns fans were hoping for a 7th 8th seed.
very few thought that

plus were like 5th? so huge difference anyways

By like a game or 2. You guys won't even make it, if they do it will be 1 and done.

Chacarron
02-06-2010, 02:19 AM
If you haven't, go read some of the new threads popping up in the Laker forum. Hilarious.

Pau/Bynum ruining the Lakers?
Odom for Kidd?
Just go away jujacic you suck
Vent thread.
im sick and tired of this team...

What will be next.

Deep breath Laker fans. Denver will never ever be able to replicate that effort. You are the defending champs. You have the best record in the West. Relax!

It's those damn bandwaggoners who make those stupid threads. I like it though how every one takes a shot at the Lakers when they lose, it makes me feel proud to not be a fan for a sorry arse team.

ko8e24
02-06-2010, 02:21 AM
Good game Nuggets. All LA can do is learn from this and keep this in the back of their minds for motivation in the future. But don't ponder upon this loss for too long, cuz 2maro night, they visit a place where they haven't won in years.....PORTLAND!

ChiSox219
This thread is hilarious, epic win.

Lakers fans get burned bad and then start attacking cities (Cleveland, Phoenix) that have nothing to do with the discussion.

I'll be honest, I thought the Lakers would win tonight, but in the same post I expressed my belief that the Lakers are toast when they have to face Denver in the playoffs.

All you gotta do is stop Gasol/Bynum/Odom, not an easy task but if you can do that and force Kobe and the rest to score you'll beat the Lakers. Imagine when Melo replaces Graham.

Denver is +39 on the Lakers this year in two games. First game no Gasol, second game no Carmelo. Lakers fans can attack posters' teams all they want and talk about the ring they got last year, but I am talking about 2010.

ManRam
It's those damn bandwaggoners who make those stupid threads. I like it though how every one takes a shot at the Lakers when they lose, it makes me feel proud to not be a fan for a sorry arse team.

That;s what happens when you are at the top.

People hate what they don't have.

Shady66
By like a game or 2. You guys won't even make it, if they do it will be 1 and done.

U just say stupid things and dont back it up without reasoning so either say something to prove it or stfu

Wilson
02-06-2010, 02:24 AM
This thread has just fallen apart, and I don't think it's going to be repaired. I'm closing this.

skratcher
02-06-2010, 02:24 AM
It was just one game. The Nuggets were hot from the three tonight. I'm pretty sure the Lakers will be prepared next time.

That said, I'll enjoy win this until the next game.