PDA

View Full Version : is the magic's probelem to much offense?

MAC10TIZZY
02-05-2010, 11:11 PM
could this be true? is there to many people needing the ball to get their offense going

albertc86
02-05-2010, 11:20 PM
No, I don't think so. Their superstar isn't even that demanding on the offensive end. The Magic has players that love to shoot but they're volume shooters. Howard needs to develop more of an offensive game to balance that team out.

RadiantShot
02-05-2010, 11:31 PM
..We lose 1 game tonight, and you make a thread about us having too much offense?

td0tsfinest
02-05-2010, 11:37 PM
too much offense; you guys are right in the middle (15th place) when it comes to PPG.

And this should be in the magic forum.

GspLAL
02-05-2010, 11:39 PM
too much offense; you guys are right in the middle (15th place) when it comes to PPG.

I don't think he meant it that way, he's saying there are too many players who need to have the ball in their hands to be effective.

ManRam
02-05-2010, 11:46 PM
If you mean too many offensive weapons who can't get along, then maybe. If you mean we are too good at offense and we are too much of an offensive team, you're crazy. Offense is our problem. Our defense has been pretty solid all year. We don't have any consistency offensively, and that's what's killing us IMO.

MAC10TIZZY
02-05-2010, 11:58 PM
I don't think he meant it that way, he's saying there are too many players who need to have the ball in their hands to be effective.

this is exactly what i meant, dont know how the others couldn't make sense of it

MAC10TIZZY
02-05-2010, 11:59 PM
..We lose 1 game tonight, and you make a thread about us having too much offense?

i know we lost tonite, i have been thinking bout why things dont run as smooth as we all thought it would, and i think its because we have soo many very very effective offensive threats that are used to running the offense, but what happens when you have four go to guys on your team that demand the ball, which one do you go to? should it be different every night?think outside the lines bud

MAC10TIZZY
02-06-2010, 12:04 AM
If you mean too many offensive weapons who can't get along, then maybe. If you mean we are too good at offense and we are too much of an offensive team, you're crazy. Offense is our problem. Our defense has been pretty solid all year. We don't have any consistency offensively, and that's what's killing us IMO.

first part of this is correct, that is why i said " is the magic's PROBLEM too much OFFENSE (AS IN OFFENSIVE PLAYERS DEMANDING THE BALL)...i know our defense is swell that is why i didn't ask " is the magic's problem too much defense"...

MAC10TIZZY
02-06-2010, 12:05 AM

i know where the magic's forum is , and if i just wanted feed back from orlando magic fans i would of posted it there, i posted it here to get feedback from everyone , thanks for chipping in your two cents

MAC10TIZZY
02-06-2010, 12:07 AM
ill write it clearer , kobe bryant is amazing on his team and would be on anyone other team in the league, but if you had five kobe bryants on one team, would that be the best team in the league

blastmasta26
02-06-2010, 12:58 AM
This could be the problem, I haven't seen enough of the Magic to say. But when I do watch them, the offense doesn't flow like it should.

Raph12
02-06-2010, 02:54 AM
Carter needs the ball in his hands to be effective, everyone else can play off-ball.

VC was 5-17 tonight and we lost, go figure, in his defense he missed a lot of gimmes (layups) as well, just wasn't a good night for him. Plus, Butler and Foye went off in the third, 34 of the Wiz's 39? that's not gonna happen over and over.

Stop panicking.

Chronz
02-06-2010, 04:18 AM

How many games must you lose in 1 night to justify the creation of this thread?

iggypop123
02-06-2010, 04:33 AM
the teams problem is dwitgh howard, and his inability to have a legit post game. since his teamates also realize this they refuse to pass him the ball and instead will do the 20 second drive and kick method to get a jumpshot

MAC10TIZZY
02-06-2010, 10:24 PM
Carter needs the ball in his hands to be effective, everyone else can play off-ball.

VC was 5-17 tonight and we lost, go figure, in his defense he missed a lot of gimmes (layups) as well, just wasn't a good night for him. Plus, Butler and Foye went off in the third, 34 of the Wiz's 39? that's not gonna happen over and over.

Stop panicking.

...who is panicking, it was a simple question