PDA

View Full Version : NBA Schedules...where "unfairness" happens.

fairandbalanced
02-05-2010, 11:43 AM
Not to sound like I am whining but in less than 2 months (January 10-Feb 28) the Miami Heat would have played 10 back to back games. Most of it is 4 games in 5 days. Cleveland on the other hand have good spacing between their games, in that same span, they play only 3 back to back games mostly after 2 days rest.....is this a coincidence or is the NBA favoring some teams?

Something to ponder.........

ManRam
02-05-2010, 11:46 AM
Not to sound like I am whining but in less than 2 months (January 10-Feb 28) the Miami Heat would have played 10 back to back games. Most of it is 4 games in 5 days. Cleveland on the other hand have good spacing between their games, in that same span, they play only 3 back to back games mostly after 2 days rest.....is this a coincidence or is the NBA favoring some teams?

You really need to change your name to "fairandbalancedsometimes,butdefinitelynotwhenit'sa bouttheheatorcleveland". ;)

Cleveland plays 18 back-to-back games this year.
Miami plays 18 back-to-back games this year.
Miami plays 4 games in 5 days twice this year.
Cleveland plays 4 games in 5 days twice this year.

Okay. Now continue to be fair and balanced.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/237418-nba-scheduling-fairness-for-the-2009-2010-season

fairandbalanced
02-05-2010, 11:47 AM
I notice a pattern here....Teams like the Lakers, Cavs are given times to rest....just look at the Milwaukee Bucks and their schedule...mostly back to backs.....this just unfair.

fairandbalanced
02-05-2010, 11:49 AM
You really need to change your name to "fairandbalancedsometimes,butdefinitelynotwhenit'sa bouttheheatorcleveland". ;)

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/237418-nba-scheduling-fairness-for-the-2009-2010-season

Wow......what a liar, look at their schedule. and look at the teams they play on the second night of their back to back compared to Milwaukee and Miami.

ManRam
02-05-2010, 11:51 AM
Wow......what a liar, look at their schedule. and look at the teams they play on the second night of their back to back compared to Milwaukee and Miami.

Wait. What am I lying about??

fairandbalanced
02-05-2010, 11:52 AM

Have you noticed that Cleveland's back to back are spread out? Miami's back to backs are crunched together...no damn rest and mostly road games....Cleveland back to backs are mostly home games.

Luffy
02-05-2010, 11:56 AM
I can't believe guys are bringing up the schedules to try to knock Cleveland... Give them the respect they deserve. With Mo and Delonte out, they are still winning with Bron Bron at the point.

ManRam
02-05-2010, 11:59 AM
Miami's back-to-back games verse: Washington, Atlanta, SA, Utah, OKC, Charlotte, Sacramento, Milwaukee, Cleveland, Atlanta, NJ, Dallas, ORL, LAC, Milwaukee, Minny, Philly.

I count only 17...not 18 like the article said.

Cleveland's back-to-back games are verse: Toronto, Charlotte, NYK, Miami, Washington, Philly, Dallas, Houston, Philly, Phoenix, Atlanta, Charlotte, GS, Charlotte, Toronto, Milwaukee, Indiana, Indiana.

I count 18 there, like the article says.

Miami plays SA, Utah, OKC of note, where Cleveland plays Houston, Phoenix, Toronot of note. The other hard teams are commonly played.

So what are you crying about ;)

BTownTeamsRKing
02-05-2010, 11:59 AM
The Celtics just went through this disaster of a schedule which killed their energy.

Thursday @ magic
friday @ hawks
sunday vs. lakers
monday vs heat.

dont even dare complain about your schedule.

kobes2good
02-05-2010, 12:01 PM
lakers don't have time to rest they have the worst schedule out of all.
They have the most long trip road trips and back to back games

ManRam
02-05-2010, 12:07 PM
Have you noticed that Cleveland's back to back are spread out? Miami's back to backs are crunched together...no damn rest and mostly road games....Cleveland back to backs are mostly home games.

11 away, 7 home for Cleveland.

14 away, 4 home for Miami (I found the 18th).

Yes, they play more on the road, but is 3 games really enough to cry about?

Miami has played 9 already. Cleveland has had 13 already. There is no way you can convince me that Miami's have been more bunched together. They had 5 in January, 2 in November, and just 1 in December. Cleveland had 2 back-to-backs in their first 4 games, 5 in November, 4 in December, 2 in January.

Can we please stop with this. You obviously have no story here.

ManRam
02-05-2010, 12:09 PM
Moral of the story, we can all whine about our teams schedules. The point is, we all have tough parts, we all have easy parts. LA is on the road so much now because they played a ridiculous amount of games at home early on. SA is going on a long road trip now. Boston did just have a toughs stretch. Blah blah blah.

Stop whining about the schedule. Just win the games you are assigned.

nstojic
02-05-2010, 12:20 PM
boo ****ing hoo!

when MIA started the season 7-2 and TOR struggled out, then it was fair.... now that it's evening out, it's unfair hahahahahah

here's some more: hahahahahahah

johnwayne
02-05-2010, 12:23 PM
the NBA.....where "fans will find anything to ***** about happens"

bal_ravens
02-05-2010, 12:25 PM
Idk how Wade can play many more games, including back to back after needing that facial reconstruction surgery.

CTown81
02-05-2010, 12:34 PM
Fairandbalanced

You sir are a moron.

But good work starting a thread in which everyone proved that you are a moron.

Kind of fun.

arkanian215
02-05-2010, 12:35 PM

you're complaining about the heat playing the sixers and the nets in a back to back followed by memphis and dallas? really?

CTown81
02-05-2010, 12:44 PM
Fairandbalanced

How did you like that facial Hickson gave to Wade last night?

Oh and how about that monster block Hickson also had on Wade last night.

Hehehe. Ill send you that poster when it comes out.

ShockerArt
02-05-2010, 12:46 PM
PSD ... "where Heat fans whine about everything"

bmanjones
02-05-2010, 12:49 PM
dumb

BkOriginalOne
02-05-2010, 12:51 PM
The schedules can seem unfair in stretches, and teams some times get good schedules heading into breaks or coming out of breaks, or down the stretch of the season.

I think it's overall balanced, though.

The Cavs also play in the center of the country, making their schedule lighter than the Lakers, Heat, Boston or Orlando.

nitric
02-05-2010, 01:03 PM
Bulls have the most back to backs in the league. We came back from a 7 game road trip to play one home game and had a road game the next night.

mike_noodles
02-05-2010, 01:33 PM
Personally I think the back to back excuse is overdone anyways. It drives me nuts when coaches and players use it as an excuse. You are playing a game for millions of dollars. Imagine walking into work one day and saying to your boss that you're not sure if you can get the job done because you're on a back to back, or four out of five days. Gimme a break, just another thing for pro atheletes to whine about and further seperate them from the people who pay to watch them.

TheWatcher34
02-05-2010, 01:33 PM
life isn't fair but it's worth living...same goes for the en-be-a

ko8e24
02-05-2010, 01:43 PM
Greatest thread ever....

Wtf? :confused:

Yes Lakers had a bunch of home games the first month and a half, but now, they're paying for it. On the 8 game road trip out East, they had 3 sets of back-to-backs, and then came back home to face 1 east playoff team (bobcats on wed), and now a home-road back-to-back against nuggets-blazers, and then home game against spurs, and then road game @ Jazz right before all-star break.

THAT IS HELL.

AND THIS IS A STUPID THREAD

Every team ends up with 41 home games and 41 road games.

/thread /thread /thread

JasonJohnHorn
02-05-2010, 01:44 PM
If the NBA were to favour certain teams, it would be teams with marquee players and big markets, like Miami. So the fact that Miami is one of the hypothetical vicitms of this scheduling issue indicates to me it is just something that has happened by chance.

i understand where you are coming from, i remember one season a month into the season the Raptors had played like four game more than the next closest team and that they had a lot of home games and road games mixed, like 1, 1, 1, 1, rather than 3 homes games 4 on the road, 2 at home, the 1 on the road and 3 a home. It seemed odd but when I looked around at other team's schedules it seemed like each team had bad stretches. I'm inclined to say its not an issue off hand, but I haven't looked at all the schedules either. The best thing to do is look at teams like the: Lakers, Cavs and perhaps the Magic Heat, and compare how long their home stretches are to teams like the: T-Wolves, Bucks and Kings.

But a lot of things come into play when making a shcedule to the Heat may have to play back-to-back games because their opponent 's division rival is sharing an area with a hockey team and has to put off their match up until later. There are a lot fo arenas and a lot of conflicts in making the schedule so it will never be perfect.

GodsSon
02-05-2010, 01:46 PM
boo ****ing hoo!

when MIA started the season 7-2 and TOR struggled out, then it was fair.... now that it's evening out, it's unfair hahahahahah

here's some more: hahahahahahah

+1...look at toronto's early season schedule then get back to me

IRUAM #21
02-05-2010, 01:51 PM

Stop being such a crybaby, we suck, plain and simple, good teams overcome tough schedules.

Raph12
02-05-2010, 02:16 PM
Your just mad they whooped your Heat on the second of a back-to-back.

footballer2369
02-05-2010, 02:24 PM
although we have sucked lately, the Heat have played the 3rd hardest schedule this year according to SOS.

i'm not going to complain personally, as my mindset is somewhere between fair and balanced and iruam+raps fans.

ko8e24
02-05-2010, 02:30 PM
although we have sucked lately, the Heat have played the 3rd hardest schedule this year according to SOS.

i'm not going to complain personally, as my mindset is somewhere between fair and balanced and iruam+raps fans.

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Wade_County
02-05-2010, 02:31 PM

rough schedule and bad team equal what is happening

JNA17
02-05-2010, 02:53 PM
Fairandbalanced

You sir are a moron.

But good work starting a thread in which everyone proved that you are a moron.

Kind of fun.

this

marlinsfan24
02-05-2010, 03:50 PM
This guy is a disgrace to all Heat posters. I hate when he makes threads even in our forum. The guy has no basketball knowledge what so ever. NBA schedules aren't made to be unfair, it just ended up this way. If you're an NBA player, deal with it. If you're a fan complaining about this, get a freaking life!

But I do have an issue with how the NBA didn't take advantage of the SB being in Miami by scheduling some games there this week.

Bob_at_york
02-05-2010, 04:11 PM
I don't care how wrong FairandBalanced might be on this issue, the insults stop NOW. If you don't have anything constructive to add to the discussion then don't post in the thread and allow it to drop to the 2nd page and beyond.

td0tsfinest
02-05-2010, 04:25 PM
raptors had one of the hardest schedules to start the season West coast trip; celtics, magic, hawks, cavs, heat.

The heat had an easy start, now they hit the tough part of their schedule.Outside of Wade and maybe beasley, the heat suck.

Jonathan2323
02-05-2010, 04:27 PM
How about NBA official's "Where favoring the top teams happens"

PBG
02-05-2010, 04:29 PM
The Celtics just went through this disaster of a schedule which killed their energy.

Thursday @ magic
friday @ hawks
sunday vs. lakers
monday vs heat.

dont even dare complain about your schedule.

compare that to the pistons in november

Sun, Nov 15 vs Dallas
Tue, Nov 17 @ LA Lakers
Wed, Nov 18 @ Portland
Sat, Nov 21 @ Utah
Sun, Nov 22 @ Phoenix
Wed, Nov 25 vs Cleveland

jacquewho?
02-05-2010, 04:30 PM
If anyone should be complaining it should be the Lakers...they just played 8 ROAD GAMES in 12 days. I don't remember when that last happened, that is just insane.

ManRam
02-05-2010, 04:35 PM
If anyone should be complaining it should be the Lakers...they just played 8 ROAD GAMES in 12 days. I don't remember when that last happened, that is just insane.

Yeah...because they started the season with 17 home games in their first 21.

Schedules roller coaster. No team has any real reason to complain for their schedule as a whole.

AK-50
02-05-2010, 04:37 PM

dont the lakers and clippers always take a long road trip when the grammys are in town?

ManRam
02-05-2010, 04:41 PM
dont the lakers and clippers always take a long road trip when the grammys are in town?

Dude. It's obviously David Stern's fault they just had a road trip. Hush.

There are scheduling conflicts guys and gals. The Spurs are on their 8 gamer because of a rodeo. There's nothing the league can do about it.

ackar
02-05-2010, 04:42 PM
whaaaa all teams have these back to back then one day rest then back to back again

SteveNash
02-05-2010, 05:17 PM
What's unfair is the officiating in the 2006 Finals.

dtmagnet
02-05-2010, 05:24 PM
Miami had one of the easier schedules to start the year, it doesn't stay that way for the whole season.

Ovratd1up
02-05-2010, 05:37 PM

Who's 1st and 2nd?

ManRam
02-05-2010, 05:41 PM
Who's 1st and 2nd?

Houston and Utah.

http://espn.go.com/nba/stats/rpi/_/sort/SOS

The difference between most those team's strength of schedule is so minuscule. Don't read too much into it.

PHX2daDEATH
02-05-2010, 05:41 PM
17 of there first 21 at home for the Lakers.. Yeah they need not complain at all... Suns played something like 5 of their first 25 at home? Not surre if thats correct but still .. Everyone plays 82 games so it all evens out ...

cheezinmypocket
02-05-2010, 05:42 PM
What a cryfest.... suck it up! Every team has some tough parts to their schedule.

mike_noodles
02-05-2010, 05:45 PM
You guys need to stop with the whining about road schedules, talk to a Spurs fan if you want to talk about unfair road trips. Each year the Spurs go on the road for at least 8 straight.

Stop making excuses because your team sucks. Each team gets scheduled the exact same way.

koreancabbage
02-05-2010, 07:50 PM
seriously, If the Heat can't handle it, it means they are lacking depth. Not against the talent, but against the AMOUNT of talent on the roster.

Miami is a decent team this year, even though they have nothing written in stone next year, Miami will get even and get raped in the first round- no doubt about it. the city is waiting for next year. Even Wade knows it.

heathonater
02-05-2010, 08:09 PM
each nba team plays 41 home games, 41 away games. sounds fair to me. if you can;t beat the team you play, then its the teams problem, not the nba scheduling.

Sadds The Gr8
02-05-2010, 08:24 PM

HAH, now u know how Raps fans felt in November....I love it though...as long as Miami keeps slipping it's one less team to worry about for our 5th place spot:clap: