PDA

View Full Version : Hawks Flyin' High

THISISDAYEAR
02-04-2010, 11:16 PM
Are the Hawks the most dangerous team if they go into the Playoffs with Josh Smith, Mike Bibby, Al Horford and Joe Johnson?? If not, who then??

tp13baby
02-05-2010, 12:02 AM
umm if in the east i would say probably
not in nba by any means.

ko8e24
02-05-2010, 12:03 AM
Hawks forum

ManRam
02-05-2010, 12:07 AM
Umm...no.

I'll take Orlando, Cleveland, Boston (yes, I know, 4-0) in the East...and LA, Denver, Utah, Dallas and San Antonio...and perhaps others.

They have no bench besides Crawford. Their defense isn't as good as the top 3 in the East. They have a losing record on the home, so if they play those three, and they are the home team...uh oh.

Tha Truth
02-05-2010, 12:54 AM
Umm...no.

I'll take Orlando, Cleveland, Boston (yes, I know, 4-0) in the East...and LA, Denver, Utah, Dallas and San Antonio...and perhaps others.

They have no bench besides Crawford. Their defense isn't as good as the top 3 in the East. They have a losing record on the home, so if they play those three, and they are the home team...uh oh.

I'm assuming you meant on the road...

But I think the Hawks are a dangerous team, I don't think they are the most dangerous though. At the end of the day I think a lot of playoff series depend on match-ups. The reason that have had success against Boston this season is

1. Boston has struggled with injuries this year
2. They match up well against Boston. With their quickness and athleticism, and Boston having an older line-up, the Hawks give the Celtics problems.

vash9
02-05-2010, 01:01 AM
i wouldn't say the most dangerous team, but this is a very underrated team.

i don't know if it's just because where i live, but i hear very little about this team.

td0tsfinest
02-05-2010, 01:05 AM
Dangerous is the last adjective I use for Mike Bibby.

Playoffs is a whole new thing. There have been so many teams in the nba and other sports who have excelled in the season but never the playoffs. I'm not saying they won't but this is a very inexperience team when it comes to the playoffs.

Joe Smith has the most experience on that team (14 years) but he's only played in 50 playoff games. Lebron's played in more playoff games.