PDA

View Full Version : Cleveland Cavs in the Playoffs

JIMMY CONWAY
02-04-2010, 11:01 PM
When the game slows down and the intensity goes up will Cleveland have any legit/proven option when James is schemed against in the halfcourt set ie. zones, inside zones, and double teams?

Giaps
02-04-2010, 11:44 PM
If Shaq is healthy. Mo Wiliams is overrated and flaked out last year. Then there's always the trade possibilities.

ManRam
02-04-2010, 11:49 PM
That's the question. Mo and Delonte couldn't have been any worse verse Orlando than they were. Shaq has only scored over 15 points like 8 times this year, and only 3 times over 20. He'll crank it up for the playoffs, but how much? I have my doubts that he can consistently help out. If LeBron isn't having a great game, Cleveland will be in trouble.

Watching them tonight, it's just crazy how little talent they have, and how much they really just rely on LeBron. That's why I don't think they get it done this year. Still not enough around him.

JIMMY CONWAY
02-05-2010, 12:10 AM
Yeah West and Williams fizzled out when relied upon last season and until he proves us wrong James has proven to be a choke artist when it counts.

ManRam
02-05-2010, 12:13 AM
Yeah West and Williams fizzled out when relied upon last season and until he proves us wrong James has proven to be a choke artist when it counts.

Care to elaborate? I saw no choking last year. His teammates on the other hand...He carried probably the worst team ever to make the Finals to the Finals before.

I'd like to know how he choked, and not the team.

Tha Truth
02-05-2010, 12:45 AM
Care to elaborate? I saw no choking last year. His teammates on the other hand...He carried probably the worst team ever to make the Finals to the Finals before.

I'd like to know how he choked, and not the team.

Most definetely one of the worst teams to make the Finals. LeBron did carry them that's for sure.

The East being extrememly weak helped that too. Outside of Detroit, there were no legit teams in the East.

stawka
02-05-2010, 12:49 AM
Watching them tonight, it's just crazy how little talent they have, and how much they really just rely on LeBron. That's why I don't think they get it done this year. Still not enough around him.

That's the thing though. No West/Williams, only had a PG for half a game (who's a third string PG anyway), yet we ran away with the victory. If Shaq can keep up this level of play when Williams comes back, they will be damn dangerous

Public Enemy #1
02-05-2010, 12:58 AM
Cleveland fans don't get it.... There is STILL nobody on the Cavaliers roster capable of stepping it up in the playoffs. And no..... Shaq isn't the answer. Yeah sure, Williams can score in bunches in the regular season but he can't do it in the playoffs, same with West, Ilgauskus, Parker, and any other so called great sidekick currently on the Cavs roster. This could change of course with the adding of Andre Iggy or Jamison. The Cavs can't be considered the favorites or best team in the East until they actually win a championship. They have yet to prove they can win in the playoffs vs great teams. Honestly you can't even really call the Cavaliers a team, its just Lebron and a bunch of inconsistent players. Nobody can argue that, if Lebron wasn't on the Cavs, they would have the worst record in the league, possibly the second worst considering how bad the Nets are this year. haha

Gibby
02-05-2010, 01:19 AM
Most definetely one of the worst teams to make the Finals. LeBron did carry them that's for sure.

The East being extrememly weak helped that too. Outside of Detroit, there were no legit teams in the East.

He wasnt talking about lebron's teammates choking. the other poster said lebron chokes when it counts and he asked elaborate on that part.

Boss Man Chief
02-05-2010, 01:20 AM
I honestly think they are good. They don't have stars but they have a bunch of real good role players. They aren't waiting for a trade this season I hope they don't get one and I like the cavs. Because you take shaq off the books and give big z a wayyyy smaller contract than he's getting and then they can sign a sidekick for lebron. Because he wants to bring a championship to cleveland so if he brought one this year his chances are more likely to leave because he's accomplished everything he could so why not move on. So of course lebron is gonna sit back and watch where others sign before he inks his name on a BIG contract but if cleveland gets bosh, johnson, STAT, etc. he will want to come back because it will look like a championship team. Big Z has a big contract you take lebrons contract this year and half of shaq's contract this year and give it to lebron and then give the star (bosh, johnson, stoudemire) the other half of shaq's contract and z's contract this season and they can pay for 2 stars in cleveland. But as to the "can they get it done this year?" maybe maybe not. But my opinion is they are looking at the bigger picture which isn't this one but getting to be the franchise of 2010's by getting 2 stars this offseason. I kno I said a lot but if you really read it it makes sense.

CAVS21
02-05-2010, 04:29 AM
ahahaha you guys are serious? this is the best the cavs have played as a team since LBJ has been in the league PERIOD. haha at the guy that said Bron chokes in the playoffs,

I guess 35/7/7 is choking

JordansBulls
02-05-2010, 09:58 AM
When the game slows down and the intensity goes up will Cleveland have any legit/proven option when James is schemed against in the halfcourt set ie. zones, inside zones, and double teams?

That's why he better start having more guys shoot more frecuently now. Otherwise he will end up losing with HCA again this year and the best record.

Raph12
02-05-2010, 02:11 PM
Lebron does too much for the team, if Shaq can kick it into another gear in the playoffs, they'll be ready, otherwise I'll look forward to a rematch in the ECFs.

Chronz
02-05-2010, 04:29 PM
That's the question. Mo and Delonte couldn't have been any worse verse Orlando than they were. Shaq has only scored over 15 points like 8 times this year, and only 3 times over 20. He'll crank it up for the playoffs, but how much? I have my doubts that he can consistently help out. If LeBron isn't having a great game, Cleveland will be in trouble.

Hard to score PTS when your only getting about 22Minutes of run. Ill admit he looked bad early on but hes been revving it up lately. If Shaq can maintain this level of play from the last few games on both ends then its all Bron needs to get back to the Finals
I agree its hard to see them winning, Cleveland is the type of team that has to see everything go right to win, the great teams like the Lakers and Celtics have a legit shot even if everything isnt clicking.

Chronz
02-05-2010, 04:30 PM
That's why he better start having more guys shoot more frecuently now. Otherwise he will end up losing with HCA again this year and the best record.
If it happens again this year Mo probably gets traded.

Besides the biggest difference was making sure Dwight doesnt look like a young Shaq, if the Cavs defense holds Dwight to the production he put up against the Lakers then the series is close.

ChiSox219
02-05-2010, 04:43 PM

I saw some vintage Shaq last night and I still think he's only giving it 75% or so. He'll get more minutes and put up bigger numbers come playoff time.

FYI, the Cavs are already one of the slowest paced teams in the NBA.

JordansBulls
02-05-2010, 04:46 PM
If it happens again this year Mo probably gets traded.

Besides the biggest difference was making sure Dwight doesnt look like a young Shaq, if the Cavs defense holds Dwight to the production he put up against the Lakers then the series is close.

Why should he get traded when he only touches the ball with 4 seconds on the clock?

td0tsfinest
02-05-2010, 04:57 PM

cavs run a pretty slow offense anyways. They can run the fast break but I think their game is a half-court one.

And w.e defense the opposing team runs, LBJ is going to get his no matter what. The real question is whether his teammates step up in the post season.

That was a huge difference last year. Mo WIlliams didn't step up, they had no interior presence and overall they just had some poor post-season players surronding Lebron. This year they've got a better supporting role. I really think Anthony Parker can be key for the Cavs this year in the playoffs.

Da Knicks
02-05-2010, 05:04 PM
like against detroit years back or against the lakers this year?

Chronz
02-05-2010, 05:07 PM
Why should he get traded when he only touches the ball with 4 seconds on the clock?

Because 4 seconds with nobody around you is more than enough time to get a shot off ..........

Im joking, whats funny is that if you look at his shot selection for the playoffs hes actually less efficient in the middle of the shot clock.

JB get over this, Mo failed and its nobodies fault but his own. If he does it again either he or Bron is gone.

Da Knicks
02-05-2010, 05:19 PM
I agree but another thing the cavs have not fixed is how to guard the power forwards that can stretch a d. Varejao proved he cannot take on Rashard Lewis at all and he has no offense to combat Lewis either, if they think Moon and Parker can do the job we will welcom Lebron with open arms. Even if they win how another poster posted he will not have anything else to play for in cleveland.

JordansBulls
02-05-2010, 05:19 PM
Because 4 seconds with nobody around you is more than enough time to get a shot off ..........

Im joking, whats funny is that if you look at his shot selection for the playoffs hes actually less efficient in the middle of the shot clock.

JB get over this, Mo failed and its nobodies fault but his own. If he does it again either he or Bron is gone.

Not when he is not a spot of shooter. He didn't get shots like that all season, so why was he going to make them in the playoffs.

Besides it was Mo's shots that kept the Cavs in the game.

Chronz
02-05-2010, 05:29 PM
Not when he is not a spot of shooter. He didn't get shots like that all season, so why was he going to make them in the playoffs.
Your not being honest, the Cavs got Mo BECAUSE hes a spot up shooter, one of the most prolific spot up shooters in the league, his % in wide open situations was the biggest reason why the Cavs got him. please stop the madness, he got those shots ALL YEAR. He just couldnt make them when the team really needed him.

Besides it was Mo's shots that kept the Cavs in the game.
Im pretty sure it was Brons historical performance

DodgerorLaker?
02-05-2010, 05:39 PM
The last few seasons Cleveland has had great regular seasons but then falling short of the Finals because the lack of depth on that team. Lebron is scary good! So good that he is twice the player he was last year!!! Orlando is no where near the team they were last year and Boston is just flat out old and washed up! As a Laker fan I think Cleveland is the only team that can play a long tough 6-7 game series with the Lakers. As far though as the East goes who can beat the Cavs in 7? The Hawks are nice and have smacked up the Celtics but they've had some bad loses and looked like a team not quit there yet. Orlando,again is just not consistent as they once were??? I see Cleveland rolling thru the East and waiting for a Finals matchup with the Lakers (like we all wanted and expected to see last year) The Cavs have nice role players but no one special outside of Lebron-----I think #23 is the best player now in the world and who can stop him in the East? Hell the Lakers can't stop him! but then again L.A has way better parts around Kobe and in a series would beat the Cavs................

JordansBulls
02-05-2010, 05:41 PM
Your not being honest, the Cavs got Mo BECAUSE hes a spot up shooter, one of the most prolific spot up shooters in the league, his % in wide open situations was the biggest reason why the Cavs got him. please stop the madness, he got those shots ALL YEAR. He just couldnt make them when the team really needed him.

Im pretty sure it was Brons historical performance

The games he scored the most were the games they lost. Games 1 and 4 are classic examples.

Also the Cavs lost 2 games in that series by 1 point and 2 points IIRC.