PDA

View Full Version : Suns ready to trade Amare for Andre Iguodala and Samuel Dalembert.

fairandbalanced
02-04-2010, 07:10 PM
According to the report from ESPN, the Sixers are the side holding up the deal and nothing is imminent. But the deal could be finalized before the trade deadline because the Sixers would like to unload Dalembert's contract.

Developing story...link will be posted asap.

ChiSox219
02-04-2010, 07:13 PM
Great deal for Phoenix

THISISDAYEAR
02-04-2010, 07:15 PM
Great deal for Phoenix

:)

Chacarron
02-04-2010, 07:16 PM
Phoenix, I like it. Dalembert would be the perfect defender for that run and gun offense.

RaptorsFanatic
02-04-2010, 07:17 PM
How many power forwards can Philadelphia handle. Brand, Speights, and now Amare.

Doubt this happens.

RadiantShot
02-04-2010, 07:18 PM
Works out well for both teams, but I imagine Amar'e isn't thrilled. He's going to a subpar team with no hopes to make the playoffs as of now. Maybe if Philly picks up 1-2 more pieces before the deadline, they can make a run for it, but until than, they won't be going anywhere.

Sixerlover
This wouldn't be the kind of deal I'd want. But Stefanski gets the cap room he wants, so whatever. It's his agenda.

RadiantShot
How many power forwards can Philadelphia handle. Brand, Speights, and now Amare.

Doubt this happens.

Amar'e can probably play Center, he was for one point in time I think.

SteveNash
02-04-2010, 07:20 PM
Why the heck would Phoenix do this? Such a terribly mismanaged team.

RaptorsFanatic
02-04-2010, 07:20 PM
Amar'e can probably play Center, he was for one point in time I think.

Which didn't lead to success.

GoatMilk
02-04-2010, 07:22 PM
would he still start the ASG for the West?

Derick713
02-04-2010, 07:22 PM
Must makes Suns fans happy since their getting fair value for Amare Stoudemire and not just dumping for greater salary relief. Iguodala and Dalembert seem like players Steve Kerr would covet. Makes the Suns a better defensive team. I'm a bit shocked to see that Sarver would take this kind of salary back. Guess he wants to make up for giving a Pick away that would have been Iguodala or Deng.

wmudford
02-04-2010, 07:23 PM
nash/dragic
iggy/richardson
hill/dudley
dalembert/amundson
lopez/Frye

This could be a great deal for the suns

td0tsfinest
02-04-2010, 07:24 PM
hmmm...Nash could make Dalembert a better player. Highflying Igoudala and Richardson on the wing. But it's going to be hard to run the pick and roll which Amare and Nash have done so well the past few season.

Sixers suck, so Amare won't make a difference.

And only reason the Sixers are holding this up is cause they want to know what PSD thinks first. :p

kjdills13
02-04-2010, 07:26 PM
great trade for suns and for the sixers. sixers will get ALOT of cap relief!!!! they can go out and sign some people or keep amare! the suns then get another big defender and a big guard who can play the 1 on 1 game.

suns lineup

nash
Iggy
hill
Fry
Dally

bench

Dragic
richardson
Dudly
Amundson
Lopez

with this trade the suns can actually play defennse are actually a pretty big team !

3RDASYSTEM
02-04-2010, 07:26 PM
HOLIDAY
IVERSON
YOUNG
BRAND
STOUDAMIRE

More dynamic OFF. less DEF. ....PHILLY fans take your pick

wmudford
02-04-2010, 07:28 PM
hmmm...Nash could make Dalembert a better player. Highflying Igoudala and Richardson on the wing. But it's going to be hard to run the pick and roll which Amare and Nash have done so well the past few season.

And only reason the Sixers are holding this up is cause they want to know what PSD thinks first. :p

If you have watched any of the suns last 10 games you will see that Lopez has done a fantastic job in the pick and roll with nash.. he actually seems to do as well as amare

kjdills13

I think iggy would play the 2 guard and we would move richardson to the bench but idk, and that would be an electric offense ! iggy would get the old marion dunks, and he would play ALOT when nash is out bc he can create his own shot, something no one can do on the suns

Sixerlover
HOLIDAY
IVERSON
YOUNG
BRAND
STOUDAMIRE

More dynamic OFF. less DEF. ....PHILLY fans take your pick
It doesn't matter because the deal wouldn't be for talent this year anyway. It would more than likely just be for the cap room that Amare will give us when he leaves in the offseason.

Alwaysballin247
02-04-2010, 07:29 PM
I bet they are trying to get a 3rd team involved or somethig...the deal is almost too good to be true for the suns

Kakaroach
02-04-2010, 07:29 PM
I love the deal for the Suns, Philly gets cap room and might re-sign Amare. :shrug:

MU and UW Fan
02-04-2010, 07:32 PM
Brand and Amare up front? That would be some ugly defense

ChiSox219
02-04-2010, 07:32 PM
Is Philly going to use the cap room? They've got about 3,000 people showing up to games, they need to slash as much payroll as possible.

Chronz
02-04-2010, 07:35 PM
which didn't lead to success.

huh?

Strumpy
02-04-2010, 07:38 PM
2 pages, can we get a link?

masalex1205
02-04-2010, 07:40 PM
Which didn't lead to success.

Do what now?

Raps18-19 Champ
02-04-2010, 07:40 PM
Imagine if Brand played back to his potential.

Sick.

Jonathan2323
02-04-2010, 07:41 PM
i doubt Amare would be happy on the Sixers.

bigsams50
02-04-2010, 07:42 PM
Maybe a trade would light a fire in Amare that makes him play better, but i dont see that happenning

mikeman0000
02-04-2010, 07:44 PM
I see no credible source anywhere

RocketsRule
02-04-2010, 07:44 PM
There goes any hope I had for a McGrady for Igoudala and Dalembert deal :(

JNA17
02-04-2010, 07:45 PM
Nash
Jrich
Iggy
Lopez
Sam Dele

Not bad

Strumpy
02-04-2010, 07:46 PM
This

Raph12
02-04-2010, 07:47 PM
Amare will likely play center and allow Thad to come into his own at the SF spot.

Shady66
02-04-2010, 07:49 PM
This trade is ****ing stupid
We already have ROLO, so no need for sammy and his TERRIBLE contract. If we get Iggy then we have
nash/Dragic
Richardson/Barbosa
Iggy/Hill/Dudley

WAYYYYY too many guards and SFs.

If this trade is going to happen, they will have to take J rich, or get a 3rd team involved.
Also, the suns then have so PF, unless they start Clark.

Master Mind
02-04-2010, 07:51 PM
I see a third team in all this...

Fresno
02-04-2010, 07:51 PM
Suns are stupid.

Iggy is going to be great in that system but now they have 3 SG's battling for playing time(Iggy,J-Rich,Barbosa).

They will have to move Grant Hill to start Iggy at SF, considering Hill wants to win a Title.

kjdills13
02-04-2010, 07:52 PM
fry would play pf

still1ballin
02-04-2010, 07:53 PM
would he still start the ASG for the West?

Hopefully this trade goes down before the ASG so then Bynum can be in it.

fairandbalanced
02-04-2010, 07:54 PM

well it's off NBA insider on ESPN...any subscriber will confirm it but the link wont work for anyone not subscribing.

PHX2daDEATH
02-04-2010, 07:54 PM
Dumb move, I'd rather have Speights then Sam.. plus Amare has been a monster lately since he was benched in the 4th against Dallas... PLUS he said he's leaning toward opting in for next year..

Vinny642
02-04-2010, 07:55 PM
Wow crazy, I think Dalembert is extremely underrated.

AccUrSeD
02-04-2010, 07:57 PM
I love it, would help my fantasy basketball team a LOT!

ChiSox219
02-04-2010, 07:58 PM
This trade is ****ing stupid
We already have ROLO, so no need for sammy and his TERRIBLE contract. If we get Iggy then we have
nash/Dragic
Richardson/Barbosa
Iggy/Hill/Dudley

WAYYYYY too many guards and SFs.

If this trade is going to happen, they will have to take J rich, or get a 3rd team involved.
Also, the suns then have so PF, unless they start Clark.

Dalembert's contract is not terrible.

More-Than-Most
02-04-2010, 08:02 PM
OMG... Please let this happen... The sixers will get out of 2 horrible contracts instead of one. I figured we would have to give up young talent to get out of iggys contract... Instead the sixers get out of both... Thank you Kerr.

More-Than-Most
02-04-2010, 08:02 PM
Dalembert's contract is not terrible.

Yes it is... Its extremely bad... and he is a moronic player... Basketball Iq is very very low.

Wade_County
02-04-2010, 08:03 PM
nash will make a start out Dalembert

wmudford
02-04-2010, 08:03 PM
^^^to those of you who seem to not understand what the suns lineup would look like, i will repost it. (oh and barbosa would be included in the deal to make salaries work, so i have read)

Nash 33min/Dragic 15min
Iggy 35min/Richardson 30min
Hill 20min/Dudley 20 min
Frye 25min/Amundson 10min
Lopez 26min/Dalembert 26min

Iggy, Hill and Dudley could each see minutes at the PF position for a small ball lineup

kjdills13
02-04-2010, 08:05 PM
dalembert plays 23ish minutes a game and brings down basicly 10 boards and 2 blocks in that time! the Lopez would take the other 29ish and the suns would always have a physical defensive force down low. Then in certain situations you could play them both together, like when they run that 3-2 zone that works for them. There defense is instintly good! when they wanted defense they would go with this lineup

Dragic
Iggy
Dudly
Lou
Lopez/Dally

those are 3 CRAZY intergetic Good defenders then you have IGGY who is a lengthy big 2 guard who almost averages 2 steals a game! and drajic has just okay defense.

braveniler58
02-04-2010, 08:06 PM
If this trade happens, then I would look for the Suns to pull another one -- trading J-Rich for an defensive-oriented SG and picks/cash/expiring/whatever.

EaglesJackson10
02-04-2010, 08:07 PM
Well I want this to happen as a sixers fan but at the same time I dont like to see Dalembert and Iguodala go I liked them both but either way something needs to happen.

ChiSox219
02-04-2010, 08:07 PM
Yes it is... Its extremely bad... and he is a moronic player... Basketball Iq is very very low.

If you also think Iggy has a horrible contract then I won't bother arguing.

But Dalembert only has 1.5 years left under contract and plays great defense. I understand the 6ers can't afford to pay him next year but it's not a terrible contract, Elton Brand has a terrible contract.

Trouble87
02-04-2010, 08:08 PM
Amare will opt out for sure

Wade_County
02-04-2010, 08:10 PM
Amare will opt out for sure

lol, exactly what i though when i heard about this trade

kjdills13
02-04-2010, 08:10 PM
IF this trade happens suns are contenders in the WEST! People may think im crazy but ANY big man can play with nash and be good on offense! and Iggy is the player the suns need. He can play with the bench alot and be the go to scorer then running the fast break.

Nash has the ball in hand, he has Andre coming up the left wing, richardson trailing, two of the best dunkers in the nba running along side him. There will be many dunks, and much better defense

wmudford
02-04-2010, 08:20 PM
IF this trade happens suns are contenders in the WEST! People may think im crazy but ANY big man can play with nash and be good on offense! and Iggy is the player the suns need. He can play with the bench alot and be the go to scorer then running the fast break.

Nash has the ball in hand, he has Andre coming up the left wing, richardson trailing, two of the best dunkers in the nba running along side him. There will be many dunks, and much better defense

Absolutely!!

nash vs fisher
iggy vs kobe
Rich vs artest
lopez vs gasol
dally vs bynum

you have 2 huge defenders to stop gasol and bynum, nash beats fisher, iggy is a great defender to put on kobe, and richarson (or hill) is better then artest.. that doesnt even include the young studs in dragic, dudley, and lou coming off the bench. Frye can spread the floor if we want a different look

Sports Illustrator
02-04-2010, 08:26 PM
For the Suns, its about becoming a better team and not losing any value when Amare leaves. For the Sixers its about cap space. Plain and simple.

It doesn't seem like it will happen though since the Sixers wanted draft picks and such.

Mavrix
02-04-2010, 08:28 PM
nash/dragic
iggy/richardson
hill/dudley
dalembert/amundson
lopez/Frye

That's a stupid lineup. It would be:

Nash/Dragic
Richardson/Barbosa
Iggy/Hill
Frye/Amundson
Dalembert/Lopez

Jaydes
02-04-2010, 08:30 PM
:pray:

but there is no way this goes down....the Suns are not that stupid

The Ooh Child
02-04-2010, 08:34 PM
I only really wanted to see Iggy go if Brand was going with him, but that is probably asking too much. I hate to see Iggy go. He is slightly overpaid, but still a solid and explosive player. Eh..whatever. I'm on board if this happens. Hopefully Amare doesn't do anything stupid like help us win games.

wmudford
02-04-2010, 08:36 PM

Nash/Dragic
Richardson/Barbosa
Iggy/Hill
Frye/Amundson
Dalembert/Lopez

The Rockets have players to offer, and the Suns might be willing to throw in Leandro Barbosa, I'm told.

First off barbosa has a chance to be part of the deal from things i have read, so that leaves iggy possibly being moved to sg to split the minutes with richardson. Also, you are going to see different lineups. Like against the lakers, you want Dalembert and Lopez defending Gasol and Bynum.

Sixerlover
02-04-2010, 08:36 PM
The Sixers plan would be for Amare to opt out, so they can get the cap room and essentially dump Iggy and Daly's long contracts for nothing.

THE MTL
02-04-2010, 08:39 PM
Great trade for both ppl. This is the FIRST legit trade I've heard so far this rumor season. Both teams still get back great players and everyone gets what they want.

Sixers get a TON of cap space losing Iggy and Dalembart. However, Amare wont be so quick to resign. And Nash gets a pick-and-roll buddy down low

wmudford
02-04-2010, 08:39 PM
Amare reportedly said he is leaning toward opting in (possibly to worn other teams like the sixers not to trade for him). But if he doesnt want to be on the sixers, like he hints, then he will not opt in. Therefore the sixers should have nothing to worry about

j0nyj0n
02-04-2010, 08:42 PM
The Sixers plan would be for Amare to opt out, so they can get the cap room and essentially dump Iggy and Daly's long contracts for nothing.

It'd be amazing if we could get houston involved... because i'd much rather have t-mac than amare

NiTEFuRY
02-04-2010, 08:42 PM
Great for the Suns... Now they can slow things down and play some D
Maybe Philly can ship a forward to Detroit...

The Ooh Child
02-04-2010, 08:47 PM
It'd be amazing if we could get houston involved... because i'd much rather have t-mac than amare

Yeah, we're already nose-diving, but I want us to nose dive even harder.

Dmagic87
02-04-2010, 08:50 PM

Nash/Dragic
Richardson/Barbosa
Iggy/Hill
Frye/Amundson
Dalembert/Lopez

LOL, Jrich is already on the bench. And Lopez is now starting over Frye.

thedfactor
02-04-2010, 08:53 PM
The deal would 99% chance start with Amare/Barbosa for Iggy/Dalembert. Still a decent trade for both teams. It helps the Suns because it gives them better defense with both Iggy on the wing and Sammy down low. The Sixers surely would desire Amare to resign and that could be the sticking point in this trade, Amare's unwillingness to play and/or resign with Philly. I know he has no choice to play, but resigning is the bigger issue.

RaptorizedKevin
02-04-2010, 09:00 PM
Where is the link? Im not beleiving it till i see some link?

Fanthrwthknthn
02-04-2010, 09:01 PM
Um that would be ridiculous for both teams,really the Sixers.

wmudford
02-04-2010, 09:06 PM
Possible Stoudemire destinations
Philadelphia. The Sixers could send Andre Iguodala and Samuel Dalembert in return. According to ESPN's Chad Ford, the Suns are most intrigued by this offer.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/features/rumors

Im an insider so not sure if anybody else will be able to read it but there is a topic on amare and one further down on iggy that gives a lot of details.

Trust me this trade is being talked about seriously but i think philly is balking at the idea stoudemire might opt in, which they do now want because of the $17.6 million he is owed if he does

mikantsass
02-04-2010, 09:07 PM
I like the deal for the Suns, not so much for Philly unless they are planning to sign a FA this summer...

HouRealCoach
02-04-2010, 09:09 PM
I wish the MAvs got these two

thedfactor
02-04-2010, 09:12 PM
From ESPN Rumors: (For those who don't have access)
The Sixers could send Andre Iguodala and Samuel Dalembert in return. According to ESPN's Chad Ford, the Suns are most intrigued by this offer.

Part of Stoudemire coming out and saying he's leaning towards opting in on the last year of his contract is a bit of a power play: according to Ford, the Sixers and Suns have discussed a swap of Stoudemire for Andre Iguodala and Samuel Dalembert. So from the Sixers end, if Stoudemire opts out next season, they clear a ton of money off their books with Iggy and Dalembert gone, and Stoudemire's contact gone.

But by saying he may opt in, that means teams can't just look at Stoudemire's contract as an expiring one this season; they have to look at it as $17.6 million added to their payroll next season if they swing a trade for him. That's quite the opposite end of the spectrum.

As Ford also notes today, Stoudemire talked about opting in because he wants to go to a contender, wants a team that will re-sign him and that will be competitive. If weak teams use him as a salary dump, he doesn't seem as amicable to that.

Triggerman
02-04-2010, 09:14 PM
The money doesn't match unless the Suns will move Richardson too.

thedfactor
02-04-2010, 09:15 PM
More about Amare wanting play for winner and its impact on a trade to Philly:

Stoudemire wants a winner, whether it's the Suns or not

"Stoudemire wants a commitment from owner Robert Sarver that the Suns will continue to spend to get back into contention. Stoudemire doesn't want to commit to a team that's going to be in the lottery in future years. So unless the Suns blow Stoudemire away with their offer, they'll reach an agreement only if he is persuaded that the Suns are committed to further spending .... there's a reason Stoudemire went public about optin in: He wants some control over where he might be traded to. Philly -- a struggling team that sees Stoudemire as more an asset with a potentially expiring contract than as a cornerstone -- would likely be less interested if Stoudemire were planning to play out his contract. Therefore, when Stoudemire heard about the possible trade with the 76ers, he expressed his reservations about being traded to Philadelphia by going public with his musings about staying with his contract. In other words, he's sending a warning to teams that might see him as nothing more than an expiring contract. That aside, it seems likely Stoudemire will exercise his option to terminate his contract. If he doesn't, he's betting that he can (A) stay healthy and (B) fare well under the next collective bargaining agreement, which might be the rules of the game that shape Stoudemire's next contract if he doesn't exercise his option this year. Given his injury history and the determination of the owners to tighten up the next CBA, that's a huge risk."

- ESPN's Chad Ford

thedfactor
02-04-2010, 09:16 PM
The money doesn't match unless the Suns will move Richardson too.Most rumors have mentioned Leandro Barbosa as the other piece, JRich wouldn't be part of the deal.

TheShock45
02-04-2010, 09:17 PM
People amaze me in some of these threads. You do know if this trade happens the sixers are ALOT better and the east BLOWS horribly, ive seen the sixers go from last to the playoffs because of willie green getting a hot hand and also by trading for andre miller.

Allen Iverson, Jrue/Lou, THAD, Amare and Elton/Speights at center, we will be soo nasty. I don't want to make the playoffs but if the sixers do this trade I can see us making it.

Triggerman
Probably it'll be Iguodala/Brand for Amare/Richardson

runforrestrunx9
dont like it for the sixers

loki34
02-04-2010, 09:18 PM
he wont opt in with philly, if the suns like the deal he's gone

Kyben36
02-04-2010, 09:23 PM
Great deal for the Suns,

While, I think they would need a PF, I just love the idea of pairing Dalembert and Igudala with Nash, I think their games will just take a step up, however, Iggy isnt a good shooter, Nash will find ways to get him involved.

wmudford
02-04-2010, 09:24 PM
The money doesn't match unless the Suns will move Richardson too.

No, there is a 5 million dollar difference if they move richandson and a 2 million dollar difference if they move barbosa. Barbosa is most likely to be moved, but if Richardson is included, i expect the sixers to throw in there first pick in this years draft

TheShock45
02-04-2010, 09:25 PM
No, there is a 5 million dollar difference if they move richandson and a 2 million dollar difference if they move barbosa. Barbosa is most likely to be moved, but if Richardson is included, i expect the sixers to throw in there first pick in this years draft

i think that will happen more likely for barbosa than i do richardson

REDBIRD24
02-04-2010, 09:25 PM
wont happen

TheShock45
02-04-2010, 09:26 PM
also i just thought of something, say amare wants to be a dick and pick up his option out of spite, cant we just trade him for picks or a young player to a team that will have alot of cap room this offseason.

wmudford
02-04-2010, 09:26 PM
with this trade pheonix stays in top 3 on offensive while more then likely improving to top 10 in defensive effeciency

PhillyForLife90
02-04-2010, 09:34 PM
The Sixers have to do this deal. I don't care for Amare too much, but his expiring will help the Sixers from a financial standpoint. And then imagine if the Sixers get a solid lottery pick and they sign a nice FA in the offseason...they could be in a much better position to contend than they are now.

Sixerlover
02-04-2010, 09:36 PM

the whole reason the Sixers are making this trade is to get rid of long contracts and rebuild. To trade a top 7 pick in this deal as well is pointless. They'd just not make the trade before they trade their 1st rounder for a half year rental and cap space.

JWO35
02-04-2010, 09:36 PM
This would a great deal for the Suns...so so for the 76ers cause I doubt he would stay with them after this season(at least they get cap Space :shrug: )

sixerfixer
02-04-2010, 09:37 PM

First thing, Dalembert's contract is not long. In fact, after 34 more games, it might be as valuable as a contract gets. Look, if Philly does this deal, then they are as stupid as stupid gets. First off, even if Amare opts out, it does NOT create ANY type of cap space for Philly to spend on a BIG TIME free agent next season. Especially when you hear reports that Philly would have to take back Barbosa, who has a guaranteed 7 + million next season, and who is as useless as they come here in Philly. I mean we have Lou Williams, who is BETTER than Barbosa. Not to mention Ivy still clouding up the picture.

I still say deal Iggy, but team him with both Kapono and W.Green, and not Dalembert. Cause moving Kapono, and Green's next year salaries will be harder to move than Dalembert's. There are still reports that Sacramento wants Dalembert bad. But, they are Insisting that SF Nocioni go back to Philly.
But, seeing as how more desperate the Boston Celtics are now, they might do a 3-team with us and Sac that nets them Nocioni, Philly expiring deals of K.Thomas and say B.Scalabrine and Shelden Williams, and Sac Dalembert, and the expiring of T.Allen.

If Philly can move Dalembert in that above deal,,,and do you really think Boston and Sac wouldn't agree ? Then, Philly could move Iggy in another deal
that makes the other team take W.Green..( A very decent player )..and Kapono..( A slug, but a cheaper deal then Dalembert's final year at over 12 million )

That way Philly will have opened up enough Cap space to actually GET A better free agent this off-season. But, taking back Amare, AND Barbosa for Iggy and Dalembert gives us SQUAT in Cap space.

Sixerlover
02-04-2010, 09:41 PM
First thing, Dalembert's contract is not long. In fact, after 34 more games, it might be as valuable as a contract gets. Look, if Philly does this deal, then they are as stupid as stupid gets. First off, even if Amare opts out, it does NOT create ANY type of cap space for Philly to spend on a BIG TIME free agent next season. Especially when you hear reports that Philly would have to take back Barbosa, who has a guaranteed 7 + million next season, and who is as useless as they come here in Philly. I mean we have Lou Williams, who is BETTER than Barbosa. Not to mention Ivy still clouding up the picture.
I was talking more about Iguodala's contract than Dalemberts. Either way you get that picture Iggy's deal is 4 years, Daly's is 1.5 and Amare's is .5. And money flexibility isn't always for signing big name FA's. The mindset of the FO could be in a different place.

Granted, I didn't hear the Barbosa part of the deal until the 5th or so page anyway, that changes a lot. Agreed on that point.

wmudford
02-04-2010, 09:58 PM
the whole reason the Sixers are making this trade is to get rid of long contracts and rebuild. To trade a top 7 pick in this deal as well is pointless. They'd just not make the trade before they trade their 1st rounder for a half year rental and cap space.

Thats the point im trying to make. The suns wont send richardson without a draft pick and the sixers arent gonna be willing to do that. So the trade has to be barbs/amare for iggy/dally

JNA17
02-04-2010, 10:01 PM
lol isn't fairandbalanced the guy that got banned for posting nudity. Why is he back again?

And no link... to the trade either...figures...

king4day
02-04-2010, 10:02 PM
Maybe a trade would light a fire in Amare that makes him play better, but i dont see that happenning

He's playing the best basketball of his career right now. He's improving his rebounding and his offense has never looked this good. He's playing like he wants a max contract.

JPHX
02-04-2010, 10:04 PM
i dont like this deal. iggy cant shoot for ****.

cameroncrazies2
02-04-2010, 10:08 PM
I didn't read all 7 pages, but the trade as of now (Amare for Iggy and Dalembert) wouldn't work money wise. Philly would have to take on Barbosa too which wouldn't be bad for them as a team who lacks 3 point shooters and good guards.

For Phoenix-
This would be a great deal. Funny thing is, they could have had Iguodala in the draft a few years ago but they sold the pick for nothing. Iguodala would have to be their marquee player now with the money he's earning for 4 years plus this one, but he could thrive in the up-tempo game. Financially, it's not a bad move either. Next season, they'd have a load of expiring contracts (Richardson and Dalembert totaling $25 million) that they could toy around. The one thing that would be tough is re-assigning Lopez back to the bench where he's been solid since he started. Nash, Iguodala, Hill, Frye, Dalembert with Richardson, Lopez, Dragic, Dudley off the bench would be a solid playoff team. They could even make a move before the deadline again for another frontcourt scorer with their expiring contracts.

For the Sixers-
It's not an ideal move, definitely more in favor of the Suns especially since they'd have to take on Barbosa's contract which runs past this season, but they'd get cap relief. The one big point of this deal is that they could NOT re-sign Amare. Stefanski would be tempted to do so but Brand, Amare and Speights wouldn't work together at all. They'd cut $18 million from their books this season and be players in the off-season, Joe Johnson? I really doubt JJ would go there, but if they offered him enough, JJ would be the player they need.

cameroncrazies2
02-04-2010, 10:10 PM
Here are the links--

http://******.com/src_wiretap_archives/64472/20100204/amare_for_iguodala_dalembert_being_discussed/

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/insider/columns/story?columnist=ford_chad&page=TradeWatch-100204

cameroncrazies2
02-04-2010, 10:11 PM
The first link is to real GM

Gnac76
02-04-2010, 10:15 PM
I wud do the deal if it was amare + j rich for sammy, iggy and kapono....regardless the deal is not gonna be iggy n sammy for amare it doesnt work out cap wise...

caddiemaster
02-04-2010, 10:23 PM
Amare is washed up!

Bishnoff
02-04-2010, 10:27 PM
As a Suns fan I'm not overly happy with this deal unless Speights, Young or a 1st round pick is thrown in. Leaves us without a true PF and RoLo is doing a great job at Centre. I’d much prefer to get Jersey’s unprotected 2010 1st round pick, T-Will and fillers.

king4day
02-04-2010, 10:35 PM
If the trade would be Amare/Barbosa for Iggy/Sammy, the problem for Phoenix is, you now have another star who isn't a great shooter (see Jrich). I know Iggy is better, but they'd be too similar to be on the same team.

Lopez/Amundson/Dalembert can't store. They are defenders. Lopez can score a bit, but he's got years to go before he can be a real post scorer.
This would force us to start Frye again, but this time at the PF position.

It would fix our rebounding, but our scoring inside would go down and leave us as a shooting team again.

JohnnyStew28
02-04-2010, 10:40 PM
so the suns would get iggy and dally for amare n barbosa????

holy **** hahaha im compin a iggy jersey for sure haha so the suns lineup would b

nash
Iggy
hill
Fry
Dally

bench

Dragic
richardson
Dudly
Amundson
Lopez

JerseysFinest
02-04-2010, 10:43 PM
if phoenix did this, they'd be one of the deepest teams in the league with jrich, amundson, lopez, dragic and dudley as the 2nd unit, and nash throwing lobs 2 iggy and dalembert snatching rebounds

wmudford
02-04-2010, 10:45 PM
Richardson is actually a pretty good shooter. and iggy is a great wing defender who other than dudley pheonix doesnt have. you could play lopez and dalembert together and have the best low post defense in the nba (who woulda thought that!!)

EaglesJackson10
02-04-2010, 10:48 PM
Give me Dragic and we gotta a deal. lol i know that wont happen but he is always doing something right when I watch the Suns.

wmudford
02-04-2010, 10:50 PM
Nash
richardson
iggy
dally
lopez

nice balance of offense and defense. you dont need amundson/lopez/dalembert to be great scorers when nash has the ball. they will get theres

EAGLES3658
02-04-2010, 10:53 PM
I like it for the Suns...

NBA-GMaster
02-05-2010, 12:07 AM
Amare + Hill or Barbosa for Iggy + Dalembert

or

Amare + Hill + Barbosa for Iggy + Dalembert + Green or Holiday

NBA-GMaster
02-05-2010, 12:15 AM
Philly:
Amare/Smith/Brezec
Brand/Speights
Young/Hill(or)Barbosa/Carney
Iverson/Holiday/Green
Williams/Ivey

Phx:
Dalembert/Lopez/Collins
Frye/Amundson
Iguodala/Dudley/Clark
Richardson/Hill(or)Barbosa/Griffin
Nash/Dragic

xbrackattackx
02-05-2010, 12:21 AM
Give me Dragic and we gotta a deal. lol i know that wont happen but he is always doing something right when I watch the Suns.

Kids gonnna be money..Esp with Nash going to be his role model.

loufor2
02-05-2010, 12:23 AM
nash/dragic
iggy/richardson
hill/dudley
dalembert/amundson
lopez/Frye

Do you even know what positions these guys play. Iggy is natural 3, and Sammy is a definite Center

loufor2
02-05-2010, 12:24 AM

Give us Barbosa, screw Dragic, he is not good. He is a slow european gunner who gets a lot of minutes. Thats a bit harsh, but i dont want him...

ink
02-05-2010, 12:27 AM
well it's off NBA insider on ESPN...any subscriber will confirm it but the link wont work for anyone not subscribing.

Without a link we don't have a thread. PSD doesn't want to spread rumours without credible sources.

Closed.