PDA

View Full Version : Greatest INDIVIDUAL Rivalry???

nipo10847
02-04-2010, 04:34 PM
Ok. I am just wondering what you guys think about the LeBron-Wade, LeBron-Kobe, Kobe-Wade, Kobe-Melo, LeBron-Melo, Wade-Melo etc rivalries. There's PROBABLY no doubt that one of these would be the greatest INDIVIDUAL rivalry in current nba. When these guys play each other, there's always an exciting atmosphere, a special hype nationally.

ManRam
02-04-2010, 04:37 PM
It's obviously Kobe-LeBron. If you are saying anything else, you are delusional. They get the best ratings, the get the most attention.

The two best players. The two best teams. The two biggest names. One has had the great career, one is working on it. Fierce competitors, completely different players.

I don't think the Wade-LeBron rivalry is 1/10000th as intense.

Giaps
02-04-2010, 04:40 PM
There's no rivalry... these guys like each other too much.

johnwayne
02-04-2010, 04:41 PM
lebron-kobe............stupid question

KeithLBC
02-04-2010, 04:42 PM
Magic/Bird > everyone else :)

RaiderLakersA's
02-04-2010, 04:45 PM
There's no rivalry... these guys like each other too much.

This.

A rivalry is when you want to step on the floor and DESTROY your opponent. I haven't seen that kind of rivalry between superstars in years. The last great rivalry was Kobe and Shaq...and it occured while they played on the same team.

All the NBA has now is purely for entertainment purposes. There are no great individual rivalries.

JordansBulls
02-04-2010, 04:59 PM
None of them.

29$JerZ
02-04-2010, 05:00 PM
Nobody

mikantsass
02-04-2010, 05:01 PM
And these are Rivalries how????????

OaklandsFinest
02-04-2010, 05:16 PM
I think Lebron and Kobe play nice for the cameras and stuff but I don't think either guy genuinely likes the other guy. I think they respect eachothers games but I don't think they like the other really at all. I think Kobe detests Lebron being so successful right out of highschool, somethin Kobe couldn't do, and hates how Lebron's a total all around player so young. I think Lebron hates how Kobe got lucky enough to have such a great team surrounding him so young and got rings.

Raph12
02-04-2010, 05:19 PM
Gotta be Mike James vs Mark Blount... for some reason, people on PSD just ride their nuts 24/7 ;)

Double_R
02-04-2010, 05:20 PM
And these are Rivalries how????????

Exactly

GspLAL
02-04-2010, 05:24 PM
Someone watches ESPN too much.

Slimsim
02-04-2010, 05:36 PM
Rondo>Rose rivalry is going to be around for years to come.

The_Ocho_24
02-04-2010, 05:43 PM
Magic/Bird > everyone else :)

case closed

PrettyBoyJ
02-04-2010, 05:46 PM
None are really a rivalry

Giaps
02-04-2010, 05:49 PM
Knicks / Bulls - 90s
Knicks / Pacers - 90s
Knicks / Heat - 90s
Lakers / Celtics

Team rivalries who didn't like each other... that doesn't exist right now because the NBA has stripped the toughness factor from the game.

zambo4president
02-04-2010, 05:50 PM
Rose > Jennings

PHX2daDEATH
02-04-2010, 05:53 PM
Kobe-LeBron by far, if you can even call it a rivalry.. these two are like best friends and it wouldnt suprise me if they end up on the same team at some point.. I would of like this poll to go back in history some.. You could Say

Kobe-LeBron
Bird-Magic
Jordan-???? Jordan had no real rivals..Maybe reggie miller or Nique or even Barkley? But They never beat Jordan.. I believe Len Bias was destined to be Jordan's Rival but it was unfortunate
Shaq-Hakeem-Ewing-

daleja424
02-04-2010, 05:57 PM
howd I kno kobe was gunna get the love...

PHX2daDEATH
02-04-2010, 05:57 PM
YES I wanna see real rivalries in basketball again.. You know what I LIKE the fact that Shaq is always ragging on Van Gundy and Dwight Howard
I like the fact that LeBron doesnt shake hands after games..
We need more competitors like Larry Bird and Isiah Thomas .. they HATED each other.. Basketball is too friendly

PHX2daDEATH
02-04-2010, 05:58 PM
howd I kno kobe was gunna get the love...

because Kobe and LeBron are the best player by far.. Once Kobe declines it eventually goes to Melo-LeBron like it should of been.. even tho I cant STAND Melo

Burkey3472
02-04-2010, 06:02 PM
There aren't any rivalry's in the NBA right now. If Lebron played Kobe more or played him in the finials then it can be a real rivalry.

TheNatural797
02-04-2010, 10:31 PM
Magic/Bird > Reggie Miller/Spike Lee > Jordan/Isiah > Everyone Else

td0tsfinest
02-04-2010, 10:38 PM
Melo - Lebron had a lot of steam coming into the nba. But the marquee matchup is obviously Lebron vs Kobe. Just ask the puppets.

mikantsass
02-04-2010, 10:51 PM
Magic/Bird > Reggie Miller/Spike Lee > Jordan/Isiah > Everyone Else

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrtVZftjbhk

Easily one of my favorite moment in NBA history lol..... Gotta love Reggie

JasonJohnHorn
02-04-2010, 11:00 PM
for me as a fan there have been very few individual rivalries. Many players face off against each other year after year without making it personal, but sometimes it just get fierce. James and Bryant haven't even met in the finals and seem to be friendly with each other, as are the other players on the list.

None of those compare to the three rivalries that pop into my mind:
Chamberlain/Russell (those guys seemed to really hate each other and the two dominated the NBA for over a decade).
Bird/Magic (they have both admitted that early in their careers the had nothing but hatred for each other and the two dominated the NBA for a decade).

And.....

Jordan/Thomas (I know Dumars guarded Jordan but Thomas was the one who locked out Jordan in his first all-star game, and Jordan was the one who locked him out of the Dream team- with Magic's help aparently- and their two teams faced off four years in a row, the first three going to seven games and the final one being a sweep where the Pistons walked off the court with time still on the clock).

Those three rivalries were INTENSE!!!!

Today i would say the biggest "rivalry" is actually between Kobe and Shaq, though it has died down, they were rivals on the SAME TEAM!!!! WTF?!!?!?!? And "Kobe, tell me how my @$$ tastes?" WTF!?!?!!?!

JasonJohnHorn
02-04-2010, 11:06 PM
Jordan-???? Jordan had no real rivals..-

Thomas and the Pistons beat Jordan... THREE YEARS IN A ROW!!! Trust me, that rivalry was INTENSE!! As I posted on this thread already, the fourth season when the Bulls finally one, the Pistons walked off the court with time still on the clock to end the sweep. People thought it was bad sportsmanship when LBJ didnt shake hands, this entire TEAM walked off the court before the game was even done. UNHEARD OF HATRED!!! It was intense.

bostncelts34
02-05-2010, 01:17 AM
none of these are. None are these are anything close to a rivalry like a magic/bird

Some matchups of boston players i love/loved seeing are

Ray Allen vs Rip hamilton
Rondo vs Rose
KG vs TD, although the KG/Pachulia thing has some bad news to it lol
Perkins vs Howard

Scal vs Bonner :)

pd7631
02-05-2010, 01:21 AM
Nate Robinson vs. Lou Williams

This rivalry absolutely cracks me up, because if you the only 2 teams in the NBA were the Knicks and Sixers, this would be Magic vs. Bird lol. They go at it as if they're superstars, and they're constantly talking trash to eachother. Obviously I'm not serious as this being the GREATEST rivalry, but it is a fun/funny one to watch.

Mavrix
02-05-2010, 01:27 AM
Shaq/D-Howard is good

_KB24_
02-05-2010, 01:37 AM
Their are currently no "real" rivalries in the NBA. OP, you failed at getting your answer when you "had no doubt" that their was an answer. The CLOSEST one I can remember was Garnett/Duncan back in the day and even that is a stretch. I really thought Kobe/TMAC was going to be one, but Tracy has plummeted greatly.