View Full Version : Yahoo Rumors: Mavs trading Josh Howard to Raptors or Heat

Macedonian
02-04-2010, 10:08 AM
Calderon (Jack), Josh Howard, Turkoglu, Bosh, Bargnani
or
Alston, Wade, Howard, Beasley, J. O'Neal

YahooSports!

Mavs trading Josh Howard to Raptors or Heat

Folks who know Howard are supposedly saying he's headed to the Toronto Raptors or the Miami Heat.

Still, a lot of teams are apparently interested in Howard but don't likely have the pieces that the Mavericks would like in return. Mavs owner Mark Cuban and all his minions aren't happy with the team right now so a shakeup may be coming. Even if it's not Howard, it could be Drew Gooden or Erick Dampier. Someone is likely to go.

Link (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/rumors/post/Mavs-trading-Josh-Howard-to-Raptors-or-Heat?urn=nba,217598)

And another source:

DallasBasketball.com has learned that the J-Ho camp believes he will be traded before the Feb. 18 deadline — some Josh confidantes even convinced they've pinned down Howard's future team as either being the Raptors or the Heat.

KnicksorBust
02-04-2010, 10:14 AM
or

YahooSports!

Link (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/rumors/post/Mavs-trading-Josh-Howard-to-Raptors-or-Heat?urn=nba,217598)

And another source:

What are they giving up to get him? Your lineups make it seem like it'd have be Derozan for Raps and it'd have to be Chalmers for Heat.

arkanian215
02-04-2010, 10:24 AM
What are they giving up to get him? Your lineups make it seem like it'd have be Derozan for Raps and it'd have to be Chalmers for Heat.

nah chalmers is sitting behind alston on the dc and derozan would come off the bench if they had howard. toronto has some nice pieces but i dont know who they'd give up. not sure who miami would give up.

wileyisTOFU
02-04-2010, 10:34 AM
hedo for howard?

LanceUpperCut
02-04-2010, 10:45 AM
Ya if we get Howard I don't want to give up much or else I'd say leave it alone and let Derozan improve.

mikantsass
02-04-2010, 10:58 AM
The Heat could definately use him

Sly Guy
02-04-2010, 11:16 AM
isn't howard expiring? If so, then if the raps take this on, for say, big turk, a few things happen.

1. Toronto has an expiring which will allow them cap space to resign bosh, and even amir johnson, who is playing pretty stellar ball this year.
2. Give them a vet for this year's playoff run, without hampering the growth of demar for next season.

Bob_at_york
02-04-2010, 11:16 AM
The fact that Howard's contract is an expiring one, makes this more interesting. I would think more teams would be fighting for his expiring.

Wade_County
02-04-2010, 12:02 PM
ill pass as a heat fan

#1Mavericksfan
02-04-2010, 12:13 PM
ill pass as a heat fan

I'll pass to as a Mavs fan because outside of Wade and maybe Beasley the Heat don't have much to offer.

Bob_at_york
02-04-2010, 12:16 PM
I'll pass to as a Mavs fan because outside of Wade and maybe Beasley the Heat don't have much to offer.

what about a combination of Richardson and the Raptors conditional 1st rounder?

LayZbone
02-04-2010, 12:17 PM

for an injury prone, 29 year old SF averaging 12 ppg on 39%?

I'd give up Q-Rich, Chalmers and a future pick.

sixerfixer
02-04-2010, 12:22 PM

And what does Dallas exactly have to offer ? I mean in case you missed it, Josh Howard SUCKS! And you don't have ANYTHING outside os a Dirk that any team would want. Turkoglu may not be having a great first season in Toronto. But, he is having a better season than Howard. And Turkoglu is more versatile, a better teammate, NOT aracist, and is NOT 420 friendly:speechless:

Josh Howard....coming to an episode of " Cops " near you.

Bob_at_york
02-04-2010, 12:25 PM
And what does Dallas exactly have to offer ? I mean in case you missed it, Josh Howard SUCKS! And you don't have ANYTHING outside os a Dirk that any team would want. Turkoglu may not be having a great first season in Toronto. But, he is having a better season than Howard. And Turkoglu is more versatile, a better teammate, NOT aracist, and is NOT 420 friendly:speechless:

wow you are harsh. I don't pay attention to Howard's troubles but you have a really low opinion of him.

NaccAttack11
02-04-2010, 12:37 PM

I'd rather have the guy who IS 420 friendly. :smoking:

Mavrix
02-04-2010, 12:51 PM
Josh Howard is only playing 26 minutes per game obviously his numbers are going to be down, throw that down with the fact that he's still trying to find his rythem after two offseason surgeries. He's averaging 12.1 ppg, 3.6 rpg in only 26 mpg, yes his numbers are down but give him 36 minutes on a not as good team, like say the Raptors or Heat, and he would pitch in 18 and 6 easily. Also you have to realize that he hasn't been playing at his natural position (SF), Dallas has been playing him primarly at SG while Marion takes up most of the SF duties. Dallas needs a SG/C so I don't see what either team has to offer in those positions that can help Dallas become a true contender. Dallas wants to trade Howard now opposed to in the summer because they want to make a deep run in the playoffs, so they are definately not looking to gain someone like Derozan or Chalmers with little to no experience.

If I were Cuban, I would pair up Howards 12 million expiring contract with Dampier's 13 million dollar expiring contract and try and do a sign and trade for a star player, if it doesn't happen you can still try and sign someone like a Ray Allen or Ginobili and bring in someone like Haywood or Camby.

LRizzle
02-04-2010, 12:51 PM
The Raptors seem to be rolling along and finally getting things together, meanwhile the Heat are going in the other direction. It's much more likely the Heat make a move than the likes of the Raptors. I'm sure the Heat will make a move, I just don't think it's going to be Josh Howard. But if it is, so be it. We could use anyone with a heartbeat right about now. Q-Rich and Wright have got to be the most inconsistent tandem of SF's in the league.

sixerfixer
02-04-2010, 01:04 PM
Josh Howard is only playing 26 minutes per game obviously his numbers are going to be down, throw that down with the fact that he's still trying to find his rythem after two offseason surgeries. He's averaging 12.1 ppg, 3.6 rpg in only 26 mpg, yes his numbers are down but give him 36 minutes on a not as good team, like say the Raptors or Heat, and he would pitch in 18 and 6 easily. Also you have to realize that he hasn't been playing at his natural position (SF), Dallas has been playing him primarly at SG while Marion takes up most of the SF duties. Dallas needs a SG/C so I don't see what either team has to offer in those positions that can help Dallas become a true contender. Dallas wants to trade Howard now opposed to in the summer because they want to make a deep run in the playoffs, so they are definately not looking to gain someone like Derozan or Chalmers with little to no experience.

If I were Cuban, I would pair up Howards 12 million expiring contract with Dampier's 13 million dollar expiring contract and try and do a sign and trade for a star player, if it doesn't happen you can still try and sign someone like a Ray Allen or Ginobili and bring in someone like Haywood or Camby.

F.Y.I.,,,Dampier's deal does not expirer this year guy. And Howard, although his deal could end since next season is a team option, is not in itself worthy of a young, superstar player like Iggy, or a versatile player like Tukoglu. Dallas would have to offer multiple 1st rounders along with Howard, and a young player for either of those two players. And neither Toronto, or Philly would want Dampier.

Da Knicks
02-04-2010, 01:04 PM
yup as long as he can play and not disrupt the team goals.

Don P.Belasario
02-04-2010, 01:07 PM
BC make this happen!

Welcome to Toronto Josh Howard, you will love our greens!!

29$JerZ
02-04-2010, 01:11 PM
He seems more like a CAP trade then a production trade since whoever team has him will decline the Team option.

I don't see who Toronto can really give up other then Jose, and I really don't see who the Heat can give other then Q and picks. Either way whoever gets him saves money.

CBCable
02-04-2010, 01:15 PM
F.Y.I.,,,Dampier's deal does not expirer this year guy. And Howard, although his deal could end since next season is a team option, is not in itself worthy of a young, superstar player like Iggy, or a versatile player like Tukoglu. Dallas would have to offer multiple 1st rounders along with Howard, and a young player for either of those two players. And neither Toronto, or Philly would want Dampier.

Actually, guy, it does expire due to the fact that it is riddled with incentives Dampier won't meet. The final year is only guaranteed if he meets X amount of minutes (won't happen), gets an all-star berth (didn't happen, and wouldn't have, obviously), etc.

So Dampier's contract is a massive AND expiring one.

sixerfixer
02-04-2010, 01:32 PM
CB, If thats the case, then why does every salary site, or trade checker still have Damp with a year remaining on his contract ? And those sites are updated constantly. So they would know Damp didn't, or couldn't reach those incentives ? I'm not doubting you per se
CB, but please post a confirmed website that says Damp is a expiring deal.

Thanks

zambo4president
02-04-2010, 01:34 PM
i'd rather have the guy who is 420 friendly. :smoking:
:)

Bob_at_york
02-04-2010, 01:35 PM
CB, If thats the case, then why does every salary site, or trade checker still have Damp with a year remaining on his contract ? And those sites are updated constantly. So they would know Damp didn't, or couldn't reach those incentives ? I'm not doubting you per se
CB, but please post a confirmed website that says Damp is a expiring deal.

Thanks

Well my favourite salary website, has his contract as not fully guarnteed. Link: http://www.storytellerscontracts.com/

sixerfixer
02-04-2010, 01:55 PM
CB & Bob: Thanks guys, I found one also at shamsports, and you're right. And I am wrong. Thanks, and I stand corrected. So, since that is the case. Let me, as a 76er fan, put forth MY offer of a trade,,and see if it's received well by Mav fans.

Successful Trade Scenario
Congratulations on a successful trade.
Due to Dallas and Philadelphia being over the cap, the 25% trade rule is invoked. Dallas and Philadelphia had to be no more than 125% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Trade ID
Trade ID #5430378
Every trade made by fans is allocated a unique Trade ID which you can share with friends and fellow basketball fans to allow them to see your trade scenario.

Dallas Trade Breakdown
Change in Team Outlook: +11.2 ppg, +0.5 rpg, and +8.2 apg.
Incoming Players

Andre Iguodala
6-6 SF from Arizona
17.3 ppg, 6.9 rpg, 5.7 apg in 40.1 minutes

Samuel Dalembert
6-11 C from Seton Hall
7.5 ppg, 9.6 rpg, 1.1 apg in 26.0 minutes

Louis Williams
6-2 SG from South Gwinnett (HS)
14.4 ppg, 2.8 rpg, 3.9 apg in 31.3 minutes

Outgoing Players

Erick Dampier
6-11 C from Mississippi State
7.3 ppg, 8.3 rpg, 0.5 apg in 26.2 minutes

Josh Howard
6-7 SF from Wake Forest
12.1 ppg, 3.6 rpg, 1.5 apg in 26.4 minutes

Drew Gooden
6-9 PF from Kansas
8.6 ppg, 6.9 rpg, 0.5 apg in 22.0 minutes

Philadelphia Trade Breakdown
Change in Team Outlook: -11.2 ppg, -0.5 rpg, and -8.2 apg.
Incoming Players

Erick Dampier

Josh Howard
6-7 SF from Wake Forest

Drew Gooden
6-9 PF from Kansas

Outgoing Players

Andre Iguodala
6-6 SF from Arizona

Samuel Dalembert
6-11 C from Seton Hall

Louis Williams

Dallas adds their 2010 2nd round draft pick, and their 2012 1st round pick as well. I mean we are giving up all the real talent.

Bob_at_york
02-04-2010, 01:57 PM
If I was Dallas I would take that immediately.

JordansBulls
02-04-2010, 02:52 PM
or

YahooSports!

And another source:

No matter the case, neither team would get out of round 1.

miller74
02-04-2010, 03:01 PM
I wouldnt mind that as a raps fan, depending on who they are moving

Wade_County
02-04-2010, 03:21 PM

completely agree, however we do have alot of expiring contracts and draft picks, but i still wouldnt want Howard.

Wade_County
02-04-2010, 03:25 PM

Camby makes 7.6 million
Haywood makes 6 million

Why in the world would the clippers trade for either of those players when both Camby and Haywood are expiring to? And unless the wizards trade butler they would have to use for Howard. The only thing that wizards/clips would gain would be draft picks.

CBCable
02-04-2010, 03:28 PM
CB & Bob: Thanks guys, I found one also at shamsports, and you're right. And I am wrong. Thanks, and I stand corrected. So, since that is the case. Let me, as a 76er fan, put forth MY offer of a trade,,and see if it's received well by Mav fans.

Successful Trade Scenario
Congratulations on a successful trade.
Due to Dallas and Philadelphia being over the cap, the 25% trade rule is invoked. Dallas and Philadelphia had to be no more than 125% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Trade ID
Trade ID #5430378
Every trade made by fans is allocated a unique Trade ID which you can share with friends and fellow basketball fans to allow them to see your trade scenario.

Dallas Trade Breakdown
Change in Team Outlook: +11.2 ppg, +0.5 rpg, and +8.2 apg.
Incoming Players

Andre Iguodala
6-6 SF from Arizona

Samuel Dalembert
6-11 C from Seton Hall

Louis Williams

Outgoing Players

Erick Dampier

Josh Howard
6-7 SF from Wake Forest

Drew Gooden
6-9 PF from Kansas

Philadelphia Trade Breakdown
Change in Team Outlook: -11.2 ppg, -0.5 rpg, and -8.2 apg.
Incoming Players

Erick Dampier

Josh Howard
6-7 SF from Wake Forest

Drew Gooden
6-9 PF from Kansas

Outgoing Players

Andre Iguodala
6-6 SF from Arizona

Samuel Dalembert
6-11 C from Seton Hall

Louis Williams

Dallas adds their 2010 2nd round draft pick, and their 2012 1st round pick as well. I mean we are giving up all the real talent.

I LOVE this trade for Dallas, and its nice for Philly, too, as far as money is concerned. My only issue is how thin it leaves us at the 5, which is already one of our more vulnerable positions. If Cubes sent along the cash to buy out Gooden's contract, and Dallas was able to resign him after the waiting period, I would do it in a heartbeat.

I'm not even sure if that last stipulation is possible because I am very uninformed when it comes to trade/contract/salary stuff for the most part.

cdnsportsfan
02-04-2010, 04:40 PM
Raps could trade either Turk or Calderon, from the talks that seems to be what Dallas is looking for when they target Martin (SAC) and Iggy (PHI). Toronto would likely have to throw something else in there as well. If either of these players leaves the other just picks up the ball handling (BALL!).

Considering that Howard is expiring I'd make this move if I were TO, and Colangelo says he wants to make more moves to improve the team so they're not just a one-and-done playoff team but an actual threat.

Personally I'd love it if somehow BC was able to pry Iggy away from the Sixers but this isn't a bad trade either really. DeRozan won't have anything interrupted since Howard will only be a rental player.

Mavrix
02-04-2010, 05:04 PM

Yes it does GUY, do some research. :facepalm: He has to play 34 mpg for the rest of the season in all games for his contract to be guaranteed and that's not happening, guy.

Everyone in the league wishes they had Dampier's huge expiring deal.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/story.asp?story_id=9182

Read and do research before sounding foolish.

Mavrix
02-04-2010, 05:07 PM
Camby makes 7.6 million
Haywood makes 6 million

Why in the world would the clippers trade for either of those players when both Camby and Haywood are expiring to? And unless the wizards trade butler they would have to use for Howard. The only thing that wizards/clips would gain would be draft picks.

What are you talking about?:facepalm:

I said Dallas should wait til the summer to sign them as free agents.

Wade_County
02-04-2010, 05:14 PM
What are you talking about?:facepalm:

I said Dallas should wait til the summer to sign them as free agents.

you didnt say summer but you said sign and trade, i should have realized that.

Sportfan
02-04-2010, 05:17 PM
Dampier isn't expiring, but Dallas doesn't have to pay him a penny next year

thedfactor
02-04-2010, 05:42 PM
Dampier isn't expiring, but Dallas doesn't have to pay him a penny next yearThis better be sarcasm, otherwise its so contradicting, I'm amused. As Mavrix mentioned and I think CB and/or Bob, and most people need to know by now is Dampier's last year on his contract is strictly based on whether or not he meets incentives this season. He will not meet those. His contract ends therefore after this year.

And to the Philly trade offer, as sexy as it is it would leave us with only Sammy at center. It's risky to do even if we think Gooden might swing back in 30 days. I no doubt believe we get back the better talent, that's for sure, but I don't think it exactly helps our team in every way.

Howard and Damp will likely be dealt in different deals, unless it's for a superb talent.

CBCable
02-04-2010, 06:02 PM
This better be sarcasm, otherwise its so contradicting, I'm amused. As Mavrix mentioned and I think CB and/or Bob, and most people need to know by now is Dampier's last year on his contract is strictly based on whether or not he meets incentives this season. He will not meet those. His contract ends therefore after this year.

And to the Philly trade offer, as sexy as it is it would leave us with only Sammy at center. It's risky to do even if we think Gooden might swing back in 30 days. I no doubt believe we get back the better talent, that's for sure, but I don't think it exactly helps our team in every way.

Howard and Damp will likely be dealt in different deals, unless it's for a superb talent.

Yessir. Nicely put.

Derick713
02-04-2010, 06:29 PM
I didn't know the Raptors had any good parts beside Bosh. It'd be interesting if the Mavs wanted Hedo Turkoglu. I could see why the Mavs would like Udonis Haslem. The problem is that they have to many PF's. They traded Kris Humpries who was pretty productive. With Nowitzki, Gooden, Thomas, and Najera I don't see them trading for another PF. The Mavs could use Jermaine O'Neal in a huge way.

Raps18-19 Champ
02-04-2010, 06:33 PM
For the Raptors, another team will probably have to be involved.

Most likely, we are trading Calderon but the Mavs already have Kidd, Terry, Boubois and Barea at the PG spots.

Derick713
02-04-2010, 06:43 PM
I could see the Mavs trying to get Jermaine O'Neal. They could use an upgrade at the Center Position.

What would make the Mavs better is if they could get Hedo Turkoglu and Jermaine O'Neal. The Mavs could send Dampier and Gooden to the Heat and Josh Howard to the Raptors. The Heat could save a ton of money and get below the cap. The Raptors get Hedo's contract of the books so they can find a better fit.

Jason Kidd/Jose Barrea/
Hedo Turkoglu/Jason Terry/
Shawn Marion/Quintin Ross
Dirk Nowitzki/Tim Thomas/
Jermaine O'Neal/Najera

Mavrix
02-04-2010, 06:46 PM
I could see the Mavs trying to get Jermaine O'Neal. They could use an upgrade at the Center Position.

What would make the Mavs better is if they could get Hedo Turkoglu and Jermaine O'Neal. The Mavs could send Dampier and Gooden to the Heat and Josh Howard to the Raptors. The Heat could save a ton of money and get below the cap. The Raptors get Hedo's contract of the books so they can find a better fit.

Jason Kidd/Jose Barrea/
Jermaine O'Neal/Najera

I like that trade but Turk can't play SG, something Dallas really needs.

C_Mund
02-04-2010, 06:51 PM
I really hope the Raps make this happen. Howard would be invaluable in the playoffs with Demar coming off the Bench. Jose, Turk, whatever. Just do it.

Vinny642
02-04-2010, 06:53 PM
I'd want him for us, but I don't really know who can use him.

Mavrix
02-04-2010, 06:56 PM

Jason Kidd/Jose Barrea/
Jermaine O'Neal/Najera

Jermain O'Neal makes 23 mil, it would take Dampier AND Howard just to get him, and that's not happening.

Raps18-19 Champ
02-04-2010, 06:56 PM
Kings get Calderon, Mavs get Kevin Martin, Raps get Howard.

Something around there makes sense. All 3 have been rumoured to be traded for a while now.

Mavrix
02-04-2010, 06:57 PM
Kings get Calderon, Mavs get Kevin Martin, Raps get Howard.

Something around there makes sense. All 3 have been rumoured to be traded for a while now.

Kings won't trade Martin for Calderon lol.

THISISDAYEAR
02-04-2010, 07:09 PM
Josh Howard is Aight.

smith&wesson
02-04-2010, 07:10 PM
probably going to the heat. raps dont need him. derozen pretty much averages what josh howard is averaging.

Grifftiggs
02-04-2010, 07:26 PM
as a heat fan Id give up a pack of skittles and a grape soda or him.

Raps18-19 Champ
02-04-2010, 07:41 PM
Kings won't trade Martin for Calderon lol.

There will obviously be other things happening.

Jamiecballer
02-04-2010, 08:03 PM

contract aside Toronto would absolutely want Dampier. we need a solid defender, rebounder, shot blocker, big body in the paint who doesn't require touches because we have a lot of other guys whose game requires plenty of touches or shots.

and do you really think Dallas would have to offer up Howard + another young player + multiple 1st rounders to get BC to give up the Hedo experiment? That's insane. If the contracts work I wouldn't be suprised if Colangelo would do the deal straight up.

Wade_County
02-04-2010, 08:14 PM
as a heat fan Id give up a pack of skittles and a grape soda or him.

:laugh2:

Mavrix
02-04-2010, 08:31 PM
probably going to the heat. raps dont need him. derozen pretty much averages what josh howard is averaging.

lol @ comparing a former all star veteran that can give any team 18 and 6 and be the best perimeter defender on a nightly basis to a rookie averaging 8ppg.

Romo2Bryant
02-04-2010, 08:31 PM

dude chill haha... he never mentioned anything about the Raptors. So why are you bringing up Turkoglu named up in the first place.

Mavrix
02-04-2010, 08:34 PM
Turk plays Marion's position, Dallas doesn't need him.

GodsSon
02-04-2010, 08:37 PM
Apparently there's a rumour floating around that has Iggy and Holiday landing in Toronto for Calderon and DeMar...Iggy >> Josh Howard

thedfactor
02-04-2010, 09:04 PM
Dallas will by no means end up with Turk and JO. That's like almost in the mid-30 millions combined and both players are 30+. Dallas wants good players, but trying to get ones in the 24-29 age range for the right price.

Iggy is better than Josh. Younger too. No questions there.

I have no idea how Toronto and Miami became the two locations Josh saw himself heading. It doesn't really make any sense to me. Neither team was rumored recently having interest in him or Dallas looking at players on those teams. Obviously outside of Bosh and Wade who aren't going to happen here.

The more I think about it with all these different connection coming into the picture, the more likelihood a multiple team swap will occur. I know those are more difficult when 3 or 4 teams are in play, but it's also a better way for each team to get what they actually want.

The Suns have apparently made an offer for Iggy and Sam with Amare and I assume Barbosa. It's up to Philly whether they want it or not, but I think they want Amare to resign, but he might not so that's the sticking point. Anyway, if that happened a lot would change with Iggy and Sammy out of the picture.

God trade deadline season is exhilarating!!

smith&wesson
02-04-2010, 09:05 PM
dude chill haha... he never mentioned anything about the Raptors. So why are you bringing up Turkoglu named up in the first place.

Former all star ? when once a few years ago ? theres a reason why dallas fans dont want this guy around. if you like him soo much then keep him. id rather have dero over howard.

smith&wesson
02-04-2010, 09:06 PM
Apparently there's a rumour floating around that has Iggy and Holiday landing in Toronto for Calderon and DeMar...Iggy >> Josh Howard

i would love if there was any truth to this iggy would be perfect for the raps right now.

AntwanN21
02-04-2010, 09:15 PM
i dont think this will happen from the raps point of view. the only thing of somewhat equal value would be calderon for howard. But they have 3 point guards already and i cant see them investing in 4 years of calderon

thedfactor
02-04-2010, 09:19 PM
i dont think this will happen from the raps point of view. the only thing of somewhat equal value would be calderon for howard. But they have 3 point guards already and i cant see them investing in 4 years of calderonYou're right. Calderon is good point guard, but Dallas already committed three more years to Kidd to be the guy at PG. We really need help at either SG or C. That's why there are the rumors about Iggy and Kmart. I don't know what will happen, but those are the positions we def need an upgrade at.

Kakaroach
02-04-2010, 10:04 PM
Other than Howard's expiring, I don't see why the Raps or Heat would make this trade. He isn't having a good season.

smith&wesson
02-04-2010, 10:21 PM
Other than Howard's expiring, I don't see why the Raps or Heat would make this trade. He isn't having a good season.

agreed, I would hate to see him on the raps. he is having a terrible season. he is injury prone, he is a true 3 not a 2 and we need a 2. it just doesnt make any sence for toronto to get this guy.

Bob_at_york
02-05-2010, 11:21 AM
But the volume of “hey, Josh Howard says he might end up in Toronto, whaddya think” chatter was getting out of control.

In various transmissions with folks in these parts who would have an idea about this sort of thing, two words stood out:

“No interest.”

Yes, that means Toronto has no interest in Howard, have no chats going with Dallas and it’s not going to happen.

And another one bites the dust.

link: http://thestar.blogs.com/raptors/

dtmagnet
02-05-2010, 05:28 PM
^Phew.

Pornstar86
02-05-2010, 07:52 PM
howard has been injured this year and has only started 7 of the 28 games he has played....he is a career 15.3 ppg 6 reb guy...i would definitely take that over Q-Rich...i wanted him last year when the Heat were in trade talks for him

when this guy is healthy, he can be a lethal scorer who can create for himself, not just stand at the 3pt line like Q-Rich

thedfactor
02-05-2010, 08:06 PM
I don't think Josh will end up on Miami nor Toronto.