PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Durant streak of 29 consecutive 25+ points games ends

JordansBulls
02-03-2010, 07:52 PM
Yahoosports (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/recap;_ylt=AocQI3umsjRjdQSGhG14G4SLCpJ4?gid=201002 0225)

Durant became the first player since Allen Iverson nine seasons ago to score at least 25 points in 22 consecutive games and came up big down the stretch.

Kakaroach
02-03-2010, 07:56 PM
Haha, I was thinking of making a thread like this too, but once he hit 25.

Very very impressive feat. I'm surprised it doesn't get talked about more.

northsider
02-03-2010, 08:04 PM
Durant is a absolute beast and keeps getting better and better each year.

Baller1
02-03-2010, 08:07 PM
I'm never going to stop saying it.

Durant is amazing, and is only behind Lebron as the MVP right now.

KG2TB
02-03-2010, 08:08 PM
Beeeaaaast

jimm120
02-03-2010, 08:08 PM
I always thought Durant should be the 1st pick.

Btw, glad that he went second, so he could go to my 2nd favorite team, the Seattle Sonics. Too bad they were taken away....but I still root for the players that were there before they left the Sonics.

Btw, I don't "hate" Oden. I used to but I've actually grown quite fond of him. I like charismatic players like him. He reminds me of Dwight Howard and Shaq Fu. I could see him being a good 14ppg, 10 reb, 2 blk guy, which is pretty good. Too bad he's missed 2 1/2 seasons already.

He'll be a Knick 2011!

Punkindrublic03
02-03-2010, 08:11 PM
KD is unstoppable. he will be a Legend when he is done and one of the all time greats.

The ChILL
02-03-2010, 08:16 PM
KD is unstoppable. he will be a Legend when he is done and one of the all time greats.

Needs to work on his defense if we wants to be considered one of the all time greats.

MiamiHeat
02-03-2010, 09:14 PM
Durantula

RadiantShot
02-03-2010, 09:42 PM
Durant is something else, I tell ya.

Yankee Lifer
02-03-2010, 09:43 PM

I agree, he has consistantly gotten alot better every season. He is definatly the runner up for MVP. The way he keeps improving I can see him giving Lebron a run for his money every season.

BradyIsTheMan12
02-03-2010, 09:53 PM
Oden please get healthy and ease the pain......

Bishnoff
02-03-2010, 10:10 PM
Machine.

Burkey3472
02-03-2010, 10:16 PM
Guy is an absolute monster.

Baller1
02-03-2010, 10:16 PM
Looks like he's headed for #23 tonight.

18 points at half.

Wade_County
02-03-2010, 10:25 PM
KD is a beast plan and simple.

poor blazers, lol sorry had to say it

magichatnumber9
02-03-2010, 10:27 PM
Durant is my favorite player in the league. ESPN is biased against a midwest team like OKC is just pathetic. Can we also mention that KD has improved tremendously on the defensive end as well. My choice for MVP. And if you follow him on twitter he is the consummate teammate.

Wade_County
02-03-2010, 10:29 PM
KD can not win MVP because that award is reserved for Kobe or Lebron, Stern would never allow it.

Baller1
02-03-2010, 10:47 PM
25 for KD tonight,

There's #23 in a row.

ko8e24
02-03-2010, 11:36 PM
Durant = Beast

He damn good, and he ain't over his head or an arse like some superstars in this league. Goes about his business, has enough ego and flair to give his personality some flavor, and is that damn good.

ManRam
02-03-2010, 11:52 PM
KD can not win MVP because that award is reserved for Kobe or Lebron, Stern would never allow it.

Why is everything that people disagree about end up being Stern's fault? The media votes for MVP. Stern has no influence. Even if he did, I'd bet he'd want Durant to win. The more stars the better. The more controversy, the better, and it would definitely be controversial.

But good try. Durant may be second, but anyone saying first is absolutely and utterly out of their mind. LeBron is far and away the best player in the league right now. His numbers simply murder Durant's, and oh yeah, he's on the best team in the league.

Best numbers+best record=MVP

I'm a good game from Durant, and a bad game from Kobe away from putting him at #2. His team is the 8th seed though, that's what's going to prevent him from serious consideration.

BradyIsTheMan12
02-04-2010, 12:01 AM
Why is everything that people disagree about end up being Stern's fault? The media votes for MVP. Stern has no influence. Even if he did, I'd bet he'd want Durant to win. The more stars the better. The more controversy, the better, and it would definitely be controversial.

But good try. Durant may be second, but anyone saying first is absolutely and utterly out of their mind. LeBron is far and away the best player in the league right now. His numbers simply murder Durant's, and oh yeah, he's on the best team in the league.

I'm a good game from Durant, and a bad game from Kobe away from putting him at #2. His team is the 8th seed though, that's what's going to prevent him from serious consideration.

It's because Stern is a perfect scapegoat! No reason why but I don't like him.

td0tsfinest
02-04-2010, 12:42 AM
man i ripped KD so hard his rookie season. I said this guy wasn't going to be anything big, he was scoring 20 ppg but his % was horrible. Went on saying that anyone would average that much points maybe more if they were given the ball more often.

But man did this guy shut up a lot of people. Dude is an absolute beast. He's definitely made me a believer, I tip my hat to the gentleman.

RaptorsFanatic
02-04-2010, 01:02 AM
Guys,
You know what the scariest thing is...

Take a guess at what number that is. We are about to witness greatness in the next 15 years of NBA Basketball.

Corey
02-04-2010, 01:27 AM
Guys,

Take a guess at what number that is. We are about to witness greatness in the next 15 years of NBA Basketball.

We already are.

He's the second best scorer this season in a league that has players like Melo, Lebron, Kobe and Wade.

JordansBulls
02-04-2010, 01:27 AM
Guys,

Will he ever be the best in the league?

Wade_County
02-04-2010, 01:28 AM

yeah yeah whatever, I honestly could care less.......and KD is my 3rd fav player in the NBA so its nothing against him.

on the second note I have to disagree, IMO Kobe Bryant is still the best player in the league. And I really like Lebron, and think the way the season is playing out it looks like hes going to win MVP. But as much as I hate kobe bryant, he is still the best in the league.

Baller1
02-04-2010, 01:30 AM

Not trying to start any arguements, and am I in no way comparing the two.

But, Lebron doesn't murder Durant's numbers at all.

Wade_County
02-04-2010, 01:32 AM
Not trying to start any arguements, and am I in no way comparing the two.

But, Lebron doesn't murder Durant's numbers at all.

your right but the only numbers that matter to MVP voting are these numbers right now:

39 11
37 12
28 21

RaptorsFanatic
02-04-2010, 01:34 AM

He will be in the race, but yeah, I could put my intuitions on a limb and say that Kevin Durant will be the best in the league for atleast one season in his whole career.

GodsSon
02-04-2010, 01:36 AM
Beast

Becks2307
02-04-2010, 01:37 AM
maybe KD will go off and average 35+ one season..

tredigs
02-04-2010, 01:48 AM
maybe KD will go off and average 35+ one season..

He will. I would not be surprised one bit if he averages 30+ for the next 8-10 years. The guy is an absolute offensive machine that can score any way he wants, and he's only beginning to understand his own potential.

And I am more amazed by the THUNDER being 28-21 than LA being 37-12, but maybe that's just me. I love to see that the kids defense is so much better this year, also. Glad I was able to steal him with the 7th pick in my fantasy league this year, that won't ever happen again...

Strumpy
02-04-2010, 02:17 AM

Who knows? Anything can happen.

JNA17
02-04-2010, 02:17 AM
durant=amazing

nipo10847
02-04-2010, 02:28 AM
Talking about KD!! A superstar in the making? No, he is already a superstar.
He has become one of my fav players this season. I say his D has improved a lot and is underrated now.

As for mvp now:

1. LeBron
2. Durant.

(Will see this 1,2 thing in race to mvp for next 10 years for sure. I doubt it will change or anyone else will enter as a continuous threat).

3. Who cares?

M's Fan2411
02-04-2010, 02:36 AM
I don't see the big deal. So what! Durant is good I've known that. Hes a G.

CalJo1617
02-04-2010, 03:22 AM
I don't see the big deal. So what! Durant is good I've known that. Hes a G.

youre prolly one of the millions who thought oden was the obvious number one pick a few years back. blazers gm pritchard must be kickin himself right about now

SJSharksfan3186
02-04-2010, 03:57 AM
Deserves to be in the MVP consideration.

bmanjones
02-04-2010, 05:25 AM
filthy

Fanthrwthknthn
02-04-2010, 05:44 AM
incredible

stawka
02-04-2010, 06:58 AM
Dirty on Durant, serious dirties on him. The kid is an absolute menace

alencp3
02-04-2010, 09:47 AM

agreed

Double_R
02-04-2010, 10:09 AM
Man, how pissed are Blazers fans

Oden before Durant is almost up there with Darko before Carmello, Wade, and Bosh at this point

KnicksorBust
02-04-2010, 10:16 AM
Sucks OKC management isn't taking advantage of this and building him a team that can contend now.

Carey
02-04-2010, 10:16 AM
Needs to work on his defense if we wants to be considered one of the all time greats.

He will and will continue to get better, really the main reason we are 28 and 21 at this point, 5th best defensive team in the league. He's still very young and will be scary good

Carey
02-04-2010, 10:19 AM
Sucks OKC management isn't taking advantage of this and building him a team that can contend now.

We are looking for sustained success, "playoff appearances wont be our championsips" -sam presti, meaning we want to compete for the long haul not.

cheezinmypocket
02-04-2010, 10:25 AM
Man, how pissed are Blazers fans

Oden before Durant is almost up there with Darko before Carmello, Wade, and Bosh at this point

Oden is leading Durant in one important category though: pictures of his dick leaked on the internet.

nygiants242
02-04-2010, 10:26 AM
I was a hater, but the guy is just amazing.

Double_R
02-04-2010, 10:37 AM

You act like the guy is in his prime and about to decline... The Thunder are building, it doesn't just happen.

Oden is leading Durant in one important category though: pictures of his dick leaked on the internet.

I forgot about that... ok Oden over Durant was just... in the Vivid draft

$ NyC $
02-04-2010, 10:40 AM
I don't see the Thunders roster as something holding his chances back. Just compare their team last year and the team this year. They have great defense and a great balance of offense and Defense. The core is amazing and so is their potential. I mean, about 7 of their rotation players are 24 and under. Durant, Green, Russel, Thabo (i think), Harden, Serge, Maynor. Collison and Kristic aren't in their 30's either. Get them a legit post presence and a efficient 3 PT shooter and they're set.

$ NyC $
02-04-2010, 10:43 AM
Plus Durant can become a great defensive player too. He's already averaging 7 rpg and what 1.4 spg? He also has the ability to block shots so i don't see that as a problem. He's gonna be an amazing 2-way player.

BTW, i know Durant is better than Oden, but i don't consider Oden a bust. He's still gonna be an above average center if he's actually healthy. Was averaging 9 rpg and 2.somthing bpg to go along with what 11 ppg? in only 23 mpg.

in 21 games (all starts) 23.9 mpg 60% FG 76% FT 8.5 RPG 3.0 ORPG .9 aspg .4 spg 2.3 bpg 1.9 TO and 11.1 ppg. Only problem is 4 Fouls in those 24 minutes.

Carey
02-04-2010, 11:15 AM
Plus Durant can become a great defensive player too. He's already averaging 7 rpg and what 1.4 spg? He also has the ability to block shots so i don't see that as a problem. He's gonna be an amazing 2-way player.

BTW, i know Durant is better than Oden, but i don't consider Oden a bust. He's still gonna be an above average center if he's actually healthy. Was averaging 9 rpg and 2.somthing bpg to go along with what 11 ppg? in only 23 mpg.

in 21 games (all starts) 23.9 mpg 60% FG 76% FT 8.5 RPG 3.0 ORPG .9 aspg .4 spg 2.3 bpg 1.9 TO and 11.1 ppg. Only problem is 4 Fouls in those 24 minutes.

Completely agree, top to bottom

DaBUU
02-04-2010, 11:28 AM
Enough KD, stop killing 'em! How good can this guy get, hes gonna average 40 one day.

Wade_County
02-04-2010, 03:31 PM

yeah but will that ever happen?

Not trying to start a war here but i just wonder if he played with Roy how dominate they would be.

Chronz
02-04-2010, 04:36 PM
Yup and its not like hes even trying unlike AI who had to bombs away to achieve this mark

JordansBulls
02-04-2010, 05:32 PM
Who knows? Anything can happen.

Anyone think he will be better than Lebron?

Seattlesports
02-04-2010, 05:40 PM

He can shoot better thats all for now

heathonater
02-04-2010, 05:46 PM
a nightmare is unfolding for us blazer fans right now.

Raph12
02-04-2010, 05:56 PM
Yup and its not like hes even trying unlike AI who had to bombs away to achieve this mark

:facepalm:

You always have to bring Iverson into things don't you, can't accept the fact that he's been unselfish in Philly this season and doing exactly what asked of him, and efficiently at that.

Btw, Durant has Westbrook, Green, Harden and relatively good talent surrouding him. Whereas AI had Eric Snow, Matt Geiger, Theo Ratliff and don't get me started on anyone else on the roster.

td0tsfinest
02-04-2010, 05:58 PM

I think he can be a better scorer than Lebron. But Lebron is got so many things in his utility belt, it would be hard for KD to surpass him.

LC for life
02-04-2010, 05:59 PM
Durant is a beast.

CityofTreez
02-04-2010, 06:12 PM
Kevin Durant = Stud

I don't like that name Durantula though :mad:

xabial
02-04-2010, 06:22 PM
Maybe a Lebron James and Kevin Durant rivarly when kobe retires.

Slimsim
02-04-2010, 06:25 PM
poor Portland first MJ and now the Durantcula

THISISDAYEAR
02-04-2010, 06:53 PM
Kevin Durant is a BEAST!

vash9
02-04-2010, 07:09 PM
Durant.

Beast..

ESaady
02-04-2010, 07:17 PM
OKC has such a solid core. Durant, Westbrook and Green are all beastly.

THISISDAYEAR
02-04-2010, 07:19 PM
Beast

Chronz
02-04-2010, 07:33 PM
:facepalm:

You always have to bring Iverson into things don't you, can't accept the fact that he's been unselfish in Philly this season and doing exactly what asked of him, and efficiently at that.

Btw, Durant has Westbrook, Green, Harden and relatively good talent surrouding him. Whereas AI had Eric Snow, Matt Geiger, Theo Ratliff and don't get me started on anyone else on the roster.
Well considering hes on the list of players to accomplish this it was worth comparing the 2.

BTW that doesnt absolve AI of anything

Raph12
02-04-2010, 07:53 PM
Well considering hes on the list of players to accomplish this it was worth comparing the 2.

BTW that doesnt absolve AI of anything

Still, you've been on his case for years, let it go, the man will retire after the season on the team that drafted him and do it with whatever dignity he has left... I look forward to him getting inducted into the HOF.

JordansBulls
02-05-2010, 10:03 AM
I think he can be a better scorer than Lebron. But Lebron is got so many things in his utility belt, it would be hard for KD to surpass him.

True, but by his 3rd season how would you say they were?

Mr.ATLHawks
02-05-2010, 10:45 AM
Durant's the man no doubt about that. He has did a complete 180 from his first entrance into the league. This kid shoots 10+ free throws every game it seems. His 3 point decision making has imporved tremendously. His rebounding has improved also. I think he should be the leading candidate for MVP b/c lets face it we knew Cleveland would be good and Lebron would be tremendous but who saw this kid and these Thunder doing as well as they are doing now.

Lets compare the 2: Offensively I think this is a wash, both can create and pour points in. I think KD's jumpshot is better while Lebron has the advantage getting inside. KD is no joke going to the hole its just with finesse. Both get tot he free throw line at a similar clip. I think KD's long range is slightly better the LBJ's. Defensively I think KD is abover average but not quite at Lebrons level yet. I think KD is a better rebounder while LBJ's is a better passer.

I think we might have to start including this kid in the LBJ/Kobe debate b/c lets face it this is only his third year he is going to be alot better and quite frankly that is scary....

JordansBulls
02-05-2010, 01:06 PM
Durant's the man no doubt about that. He has did a complete 180 from his first entrance into the league. This kid shoots 10+ free throws every game it seems. His 3 point decision making has imporved tremendously. His rebounding has improved also. I think he should be the leading candidate for MVP b/c lets face it we knew Cleveland would be good and Lebron would be tremendous but who saw this kid and these Thunder doing as well as they are doing now.

Lets compare the 2: Offensively I think this is a wash, both can create and pour points in. I think KD's jumpshot is better while Lebron has the advantage getting inside. KD is no joke going to the hole its just with finesse. Both get tot he free throw line at a similar clip. I think KD's long range is slightly better the LBJ's. Defensively I think KD is abover average but not quite at Lebrons level yet. I think KD is a better rebounder while LBJ's is a better passer.

I think we might have to start including this kid in the LBJ/Kobe debate b/c lets face it this is only his third year he is going to be alot better and quite frankly that is scary....

And he is only 21.

$ NyC $
02-05-2010, 01:39 PM
yeah but will that ever happen?

Not trying to start a war here but i just wonder if he played with Roy how dominate they would be.

I just think he has had bad luck. Him having a leg longer than the other kept him out the 1st season and his 2nd injury was an unfortunate one, especially when he was really showing his potential. He shouldn't rush himself and come back too soon. He should even take a little extra time and work on his legs, make sure he plays next season healthy.

Sucks for the Blazers, they were really an up and coming team.

to the point though. Watch out for the Thunder. Explosive scorers who actually play D :speechless:

IRUAM #21
02-05-2010, 02:04 PM

x2

arkanian215
02-05-2010, 02:20 PM
Yahoosports (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/recap;_ylt=AocQI3umsjRjdQSGhG14G4SLCpJ4?gid=201002 0225)

nice. i prefer a consistent player like durant over someone who gets a lot of points one game and then isn't a big factor the next.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
02-05-2010, 02:47 PM
I'm glad portland past him up :clap:

Baller1
02-07-2010, 01:38 AM
#24 tonight.

MJ-BULLS
02-07-2010, 01:43 AM
the guys is a straight up beast!

JordansBulls
02-07-2010, 02:37 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/recap;_ylt=AvSIHMG7p8RgLqG.tNH9ifG8vLYF?gid=201002 0609

Durant scored 25 or more for the 24th consecutive game, the longest since Allen Iverson reached 27 in 2000-01.

THE CARGINATOR
02-07-2010, 03:29 AM
Durant is a beast and he is only going 2 get better!poor portland:cry:

RapOZo
02-07-2010, 11:36 AM
I love this kid

JordansBulls
02-07-2010, 12:00 PM
How long before he surpasses Melo?

deuces
02-07-2010, 12:20 PM
damn, how many career points do you think he'll finish with?

td0tsfinest
02-07-2010, 12:25 PM
it is suprising. I thought Kobe had done this feet before.

iam brett favre
02-07-2010, 12:28 PM
Blazers should have taken him

JerzeyFresh
02-07-2010, 12:58 PM
Blazers:facepalm:

Baller1
02-07-2010, 01:56 PM
How long before he surpasses Melo?

He already has.

Kakaroach
02-07-2010, 02:18 PM
I'm glad portland past him up :clap: OKC is still in our division though lol, so we have to play him a lot whether he was picked by the T-Blaze or OKC.

Impressive feat.

Baller1
02-10-2010, 01:52 AM
#25!

Raph12
02-10-2010, 02:56 AM
THIS IS FOR YOU CHRONZ! NOW STOP TALKING **** ABOUT ALLEN IVERSON'S AMAZING FEAT!!!

Kevin Durant's current streak is 25 games scoring 25 points or more...

Allen Iverson had a streak of 27 games scoring 25 points or more during his 2000-01 MVP season... During this span, he avged:
37.2PPG
43.3FG% (341 of 788)
39.5THR% (49 of 124)
82.0FT% (273 of 333)
3.4RPG
4.7APG
2.8SPG

Iverson had six 20pt games, nine 30pt games, eleven 40pt games and a 50pt game, whereas Durant has had five 20pt games, seventeen 30pt games and three 40pt games. Although Durant's percentages were a bit higher, his numbers were considerably lower and factor in fact that Iverson had a much weaker supporting cast surrounding him and it's not even close.

The Sixers went 21-6 during Iverson's run, while the Thunder have gone 17-8 during Durant's run... Both have/had played unworldly, but I think it's pretty easy to say which player was playing better when comparing between the two feats.

tredigs
02-10-2010, 03:25 AM
THIS IS FOR YOU CHRONZ! NOW STOP TALKING **** ABOUT ALLEN IVERSON'S AMAZING FEAT!!!

Allen Iverson had a streak of 27 games scoring 25 points or more during his 2000-01 MVP season... During this span, he avged:
37.2PPG
43.3FG% (341 of 788)
39.5THR% (49 of 124)
82.0FT% (273 of 333)
3.4RPG
4.7APG
2.8SPG

Iverson had six 20pt games, nine 30pt games, eleven 40pt games and a 50pt game, whereas Durant has had five 20pt games, seventeen 30pt games and three 40pt games. Although Durant's percentages were a bit higher, his numbers were considerably lower and factor in fact that Iverson had a much weaker supporting cast surrounding him and it's not even close.

The Sixers went 21-6 during Iverson's run, while the Thunder have gone 17-8 during Durant's run... Both have/had played unworldly, but I think it's pretty easy to say which player was playing better when comparing between the two feats.

BZZZZZZZZZZ! Now let's take a closer look at Durant's numbers. Forget that part?

DURANT PAST 25 GAMES:

32.4 PPG
52.3 FG% <---Non-Comparable
52% THR% (1.7 3/g) <-- Wow
89% FT% (10.9fta/g) <---Crushed
7.8 reb/g
3 ast/g
1.2 stl/g
0.8 b/g

So to recap, Durant is putting up better numbers in 5 of those 8 categories, and it's easily arguable in 6 of 8 being that most teams would rather have 32.4 on 52.3% shooting than 37 on 43%.

Also, don't forget, this was AI's peak year and his fifth in the NBA at the ripe age of 25. The Durantula's 21 and getting better.

And for the Thunder to be going 17-8 and on a 6 game win streakwhile Durant is doing all this is insanely impressive. Just sit back and watch the show, it's only just beginning..

DerekRE_3
02-10-2010, 03:25 AM

37.2PPG
43.3FG% (341 of 788)
39.5THR% (49 of 124)
82.0FT% (273 of 333)
3.4RPG
4.7APG
2.8SPG

But was AI 21 years old?

JordansBulls
02-10-2010, 09:21 AM
This guy is a machine.

Kakaroach
02-21-2010, 01:45 PM
He just tied Allen Iverson for the second longest streak at 27 straight games.

Wow. Just wow.

avrpatsfan
02-21-2010, 01:53 PM
What a beast

avrpatsfan
02-21-2010, 01:54 PM
But was AI 21 years old?

This

Baller1
02-21-2010, 01:56 PM
#27... tied for second all time.

magichatnumber9
02-21-2010, 02:12 PM
Durant's dagger three last night was ridiculous.

Baller1
02-21-2010, 02:21 PM
Durant's dagger three last night was ridiculous.

That was amazing... I was so pumped.

alencp3
02-21-2010, 03:02 PM
i think he can catch MJ record of 40

FlakeyFool
02-21-2010, 05:41 PM
I think if I was a blazer fan and I heard the name "Kevin Durant", I'd bang my head on my keyboard.

JordansBulls
02-21-2010, 07:13 PM
i think he can catch MJ record of 40

Very well could.

td0tsfinest
02-21-2010, 07:18 PM
Very well could.

whats he at right now?

AI4MVP
02-21-2010, 07:21 PM
IMO Durant has passed Kobe as the second best player in the league

Ovratd1up
02-21-2010, 07:27 PM
Streak stops at 29.

GSRaider
02-21-2010, 07:41 PM
KD is headed to the HOF...

Maybe im getting a little carried away but the kid is a machine... he cant be stopped and i only see him getting better and better...

Baller1
02-21-2010, 10:33 PM
#28.

He scored 10 points in the last 3-4 minutes to finish with 32 in another win for the Thunder.

sargon21
02-21-2010, 10:36 PM

thats ridiculous

astrosmaniac
02-21-2010, 10:51 PM
IMO KD is the 3rd best player in the league (although i am a UT fan :D)

Ovratd1up
02-21-2010, 10:54 PM
Right now I also think Chris Paul and Dwyane Wade are still better because they do a lot more for their teams. The scary thing is he isn't even thinking about his prime right now. He'll probably be number two in a few years.

Baller1
02-21-2010, 10:59 PM
Right now I also think Chris Paul and Dwyane Wade are still better because they do a lot more for their teams. The scary thing is he isn't even thinking about his prime right now. He'll probably be number two in a few years.

If you take Durant off of the Thunder, they lose their scoring leader, rebounding leader, and steals leader. I think Lebron might be the only player in the league who does more for their team. But, I guess it's based off opinion alone. Because, I could make great points for all three of them.

daleja424
02-21-2010, 11:33 PM
KD is the best scorer in the nba already... and he is barely legal... thats scary

astrosmaniac
02-21-2010, 11:39 PM
if you put anyone besides lebron where KD is now, they aren't a playoff team (even kobe)

SteveNash
02-22-2010, 12:00 AM
if you put anyone besides lebron where KD is now, they aren't a playoff team (even kobe)

There's a bunch of players that could get the Thunder to the playoffs in place of Durant.

JordansBulls
02-22-2010, 12:47 AM
There's a bunch of players that could get the Thunder to the playoffs in place of Durant.

How many would you say? About 10?

SteveNash
02-22-2010, 01:00 AM
How many would you say? About 10?

I'd say closer to 20.

DaoudS
02-22-2010, 01:04 AM
my nut hugging of Durant amongst my friends is paying off huge dividends.

I would agree with the sentiment that he has perhaps passed Kobe as the 2nd best player in the league - but he needs to win something to officially do that.

Way to go, Durant!

wudadoda
02-22-2010, 01:11 AM
durant should come play for the rockets...he says he mimic his game after t-mac...hopefully he heart mimcs player like allen iverson who give it their all every game they play and not give up on his team

i.got.the.nutz
02-22-2010, 01:31 AM

I lol'd.

tredigs
02-22-2010, 01:53 AM
I lol'd.

Well, he's been better than Kobe this year, and is steadily improving. Actually, improving at a ridiculous rate. Other scoring stats and such aside, two that stick out to me are that his "PER" has gone from ~15 his rookie season, to ~20 last year, to 25+ this year -- Also, he went from having one of the worst +- ratio's last year, to one of the best this year!

What those mean is that beyond learning how to become a better scorer, he's learning how to become a more complete all around player at a ridiculous rate and is becoming a true leader/winner. He's even more clutch now than he was at the beginning of THIS season.

I'm sure you could argue for days about who is the better player this year between Durant and Kobe, but both stats and importance to their team would be in Durant's favor. And being that he is going up, while Kobe is either stagnant or beginning his decline, and I think it's anything but laughable for someone to consider Durant the better player.

Ovratd1up
02-22-2010, 01:55 AM
If you take Durant off of the Thunder, they lose their scoring leader, rebounding leader, and steals leader. I think Lebron might be the only player in the league who does more for their team. But, I guess it's based off opinion alone. Because, I could make great points for all three of them.

Last year, CP3 was the Hornets' Assist and Steal leader (actually the whole league for that matter) as well as scoring leader and third on his team in rebounding.

Dwyane Wade was the league's/Heat's leading scorer, assisting dude, was second in the league in steals, and second or third on the team in blocks.

It's been done before.

But in the coming years Durant has a chance to do things that haven't.

Raph12
02-22-2010, 02:17 AM
3 short of AI's record, who's the guy who did it before him?... and what's his record?

DerekRE_3
02-22-2010, 02:18 AM
3 short of AI's record, who's the guy who did it before him?... and what's his record?

Wilt Chamberlain had an entire season where he scored 25 points or more every game. His season low was 26 points.

Mavrix
02-22-2010, 02:19 AM

Update your sig to 14 losses and counting

SteveNash
02-22-2010, 02:22 AM
Well, he's been better than Kobe this year, and is steadily improving. Actually, improving at a ridiculous rate. Other scoring stats and such aside, two that stick out to me are that his "PER" has gone from ~15 his rookie season, to ~20 last year, to 25+ this year -- Also, he went from having one of the worst +- ratio's last year, to one of the best this year!

What those mean is that beyond learning how to become a better scorer, he's learning how to become a more complete all around player at a ridiculous rate and is becoming a true leader/winner. He's even more clutch now than he was at the beginning of THIS season.

I'm sure you could argue for days about who is the better player this year between Durant and Kobe, but both stats and importance to their team would be in Durant's favor. And being that he is going up, while Kobe is either stagnant or beginning his decline, and I think it's anything but laughable for someone to consider Durant the better player.

Why does he still average more turnovers than assists?

Raph12
02-22-2010, 02:35 AM
Wilt Chamberlain had an entire season where he scored 25 points or more every game. His season low was 26 points.

He doesn't count, he outweighed everyone by well over 70lbs and was atleast 4-5inches taller than anyone guarding him... I don't read too much into the game in the 60s, if it happened before the 80s, I don't consider it a feat.

Raph12
02-22-2010, 02:36 AM
Update your sig to 14 losses and counting

Done

superstardom
02-22-2010, 02:39 AM
KD is the beast!!!

SteveNash
02-22-2010, 02:46 AM
He doesn't count, he outweighed everyone by well over 70lbs and was atleast 4-5inches taller than anyone guarding him... I don't read too much into the game in the 60s, if it happened before the 80s, I don't consider it a feat.

Not true.

Raph12
02-22-2010, 02:52 AM
Not true.

In his prime he weighed 315lbs, find me an elite center in Wilt's prime that weighed 245lbs...

NaccAttack11
02-22-2010, 02:58 AM
Jordan was next with 40 times in a row.

SteveNash
02-22-2010, 03:05 AM
In his prime he weighed 315lbs, find me an elite center in Wilt's prime that weighed 245lbs...

Wilt didn't weigh 315 in his prime...

DerekRE_3
02-22-2010, 03:07 AM

Just answering your question.

i.got.the.nutz
02-22-2010, 03:10 AM

Fair enough. However, determining who the better player is isnt solely from statistics. Kobe has the experience and leadership that Durant will gain over the years. I just don't think Durant is just quite there yet mentally to take a team over the top and contend for a title.

There's no doubt in my mind Durant is the next big thing in the NBA. The kid has crazy skills and will only get better.

tredigs
02-22-2010, 03:12 AM

Wilt also averaged 40 shots a game that season in a league where 140-135 was an average score. Stats from them really can't be compared to post merger stats.

And "Steve Nash", nobody is trying to say the dude is perfect, he turns the ball over a little more than he should, though no more than Lebron. The ratio is a cause of his teammates getting him the ball and asking him to do one thing: SCORE. His job isn't to facilitate. That said, you probably don't watch Thunder games, but if you did you would realize that he's actually getting to be a pretty decent distributor once the double/triple teams come, and he would have a lot more assists than he does if his team (other than him) didn't have some of the worst FG%'s as a whole in the league.

So combine the factors of when you are by far the best shooter on your team, your perimeter shooters shoot 39 and 41%, you have no true low post scorer, and you are relied upon and told to score through a minimum of a double team, you aren't going to have a good assist/turnover ratio. At least one of those factors would need to change before it will get much better than 1:1.

tredigs
02-22-2010, 03:17 AM
Fair enough. However, determining who the better player is isnt solely from statistics. Kobe has the experience and leadership that Durant will gain over the years. I just don't think Durant is just quite there yet mentally to take a team over the top and contend for a title.

There's no doubt in my mind Durant is the next big thing in the NBA. The kid has crazy skills and will only get better.

I agree with you there. If I had to choose a player to lead me to the Championship THIS year between the two, I would probably choose Kobe also. But that said, who knows? Durant might have a whole 'nother level that he can bring his game to come playoff time. We'll be able to see soon enough.

akay47
02-22-2010, 03:24 AM
Imagine if Kevin Durant started putting weight on, like muscle and got big.. Like give LeBron's body to Kevin Durant, that's scary **** man, that'd be unstoppable

Quikdraw
02-22-2010, 03:27 AM
Stud!

SteveNash
02-22-2010, 03:29 AM
Wilt also averaged 40 shots a game that season in a league where 140-135 was an average score. Stats from them really can't be compared to post merger stats.

And "Steve Nash", nobody is trying to say the dude is perfect, he turns the ball over a little more than he should, though no more than Lebron. The ratio is a cause of his teammates getting him the ball and asking him to do one thing: SCORE. His job isn't to facilitate. That said, you probably don't watch Thunder games, but if you did you would realize that he's actually getting to be a pretty decent distributor once the double/triple teams come, and he would have a lot more assists than he does if his team (other than him) didn't have some of the worst FG%'s as a whole in the league.

So combine the factors of when you are by far the best shooter on your team, your perimeter shooters shoot 39 and 41%, you have no true low post scorer, and you are relied upon and told to score through a minimum of a double team, you aren't going to have a good assist/turnover ratio. At least one of those factors would need to change before it will get much better than 1:1.

Durant is an incomplete player and it's an insult to established players to put Durant over him. Might Durant eventually be better? Sure, but not right now. I'm not saying that Durant should be a facilitator, but he still needs to raise the assists and lower the turnovers. Blaming his teammates is not the answer.

As for Durant getting better at his assists/to.
Rookie-2.4/2.9
Sophomore-2.8/3.0
This year-2.9/3.8
NOV-3.5/3.7
DEC-2.8/4.1
JAN-2.7/3.9
FEB-2.5/3.7

tredigs
02-22-2010, 03:48 AM
Durant is an incomplete player and it's an insult to established players to put Durant over him. Might Durant eventually be better? Sure, but not right now. I'm not saying that Durant should be a facilitator, but he still needs to raise the assists and lower the turnovers. Blaming his teammates is not the answer.

As for Durant getting better at his assists/to.
Rookie-2.4/2.9
Sophomore-2.8/3.0
This year-2.9/3.8
NOV-3.5/3.7
DEC-2.8/4.1
JAN-2.7/3.9
FEB-2.5/3.7

I agree that he should, and said as much. And it's not "blame" on his teammates, it's just a fact that they don't shoot the ball well and if they did, or if he had a big low post presence to dish it down to every so often, he would have more assists. Not blame, just truth. It IS on them to finish the bucket when they have the open shot. There's a lot more that goes into assist/turnover ratio than meets the eye, is what I am trying to get across.

He is what he is (a young, learning phenom who's arguably the best pure scorer in the league), and his team is what they are (a group of young, raw, talented dudes who are also still learning the game and rely on him to lead them through it). The assists/to ratio will come as the two groups find a more natural balance. Can't focus on one random stat like that and make it a focal point of why a player is "incomplete" and can't be compared to the established players.

Is Kobe "incomplete" because he can't shoot the ball as well as Durant? Or is he just simply not as good at it?

JJ_JKidd
02-22-2010, 03:56 AM
Wow really? Dang! Hes surely gonna be better than Kobe and LBJ IMHO. :facepalm:

Wait, is this the stat whore that chased this streak vs. Dallas wherein the Thunder were ahead comfortably in the last 2 minutes or so and he still was in the ballgame? Man! Why cant just he forego that stat and just rest so as to prevent injury or better yet let bench warmers play instead?

Ok so what does this streak mean actually mean? :facepalm:

SteveNash
02-22-2010, 04:01 AM
I agree that he should, and said as much. And it's not "blame" on his teammates, it's just a fact that they don't shoot the ball well and if they did, or if he had a big low post presence to dish it down to every so often, he would have more assists. Not blame, just truth. It IS on them to finish the bucket when they have the open shot. There's a lot more that goes into assist/turnover ratio than meets the eye, is what I am trying to get across.

He is what he is (a young, learning phenom who's arguably the best pure scorer in the league), and his team is what they are (a group of young, raw, talented dudes who are also still learning the game and rely on him to lead them through it). The assists/to ratio will come as the two groups find a more natural balance. Can't focus on one random stat like that and make it a focal point of why a player is "incomplete" and can't be compared to the established players.

Is Kobe "incomplete" because he can't shoot the ball as well as Durant? Or is he just simply not as good at it?

They shoot the ball terribly because their offense sucks and Durant needs to do a better job.

Here's what Durant is. An unproven player who was won jack, who people try to label the best pure scorer because they know how one dimensional he is. The notion that Durant will just automatically because of his age is a joke and leads to the sad state of people continuing to anoint people before they are established. Assist/Turnover ratio is just something easy to point out. For if I were to point out Durant's defense, someone would just point to him leading the league in steals.

PS Kobe is a better shooter than Durant.

DerekRE_3
02-22-2010, 04:09 AM
They shoot the ball terribly because their offense sucks and Durant needs to do a better job.

Here's what Durant is. An unproven player who was won jack, who people try to label the best pure scorer because they know how one dimensional he is. The notion that Durant will just automatically because of his age is a joke and leads to the sad state of people continuing to anoint people before they are established. Assist/Turnover ratio is just something easy to point out. For if I were to point out Durant's defense, someone would just point to him leading the league in steals.

Durant holds opposing SF's to a per of 13.5, which is below the league average of 15. His defense isn't as awful as people say it is. Is he a playmaker? No. But as of now he's leading a very young team into the playoffs.

tredigs
02-22-2010, 04:10 AM
Wow really? Dang! Hes surely gonna be better than Kobe and LBJ IMHO. :facepalm:

Wait, is this the stat whore that chased this streak vs. Dallas wherein the Thunder were ahead comfortably in the last 2 minutes or so and he still was in the ballgame? Man! Why cant just he forego that stat and just rest so as to prevent injury or better yet let bench warmers play instead?

Ok so what does this streak mean actually mean? :facepalm:

Dude give me a break. They were up by about 10 with 2 or so minutes left and he was a bucket away from the 25. Westbrook was still in the game also. Wasn't as if the game was over by the end of the third quarter and he was in there alone hunting for buckets. This was also the ONLY time in the entire streak I have seen him and his team actively try to get a last bucket, and screw it I don't blame them. It's a fun streak.

What it "means" is that since the NBA/CBA merger, only him and Michael Jordan have been able to produce this consistent of a scoring barrage for this long a time. All the while he is leading his team to a 9 game win streak and taking the THUNDER to a home court advantage playoff seed in the West. This kid is humble as sh_t and couldn't be any less of a stat whore, I assure you. I have seen every one of their games.

He put up 32 on 16 FG attempts + FT's tonight, it's not as if he's up there shot chucking every game out of the flow of the offense just looking to get his piece.

tredigs
02-22-2010, 04:21 AM

Only his defense is HUGELY improved this year, and their offense is actually pretty nice. Be honest, how many Thunder games have you seen? You seem so out of touch with everything about Durant/their team. This isn't 2008. Durant and the Thunder are a completely different team. Continuity goes a long way in ball.

And the reason I say he's the best pure scorer in the league is because he can score on any defense, at any time. I think Melo might actually be a more talented scorer right now, but that Durant is already a smarter one. The way that he draws fouls and breaks loose from double teams off the ball is seriously impressive to watch. Never mind the fact that he's only 21.

And how exactly is Kobe a better shooter? I don't even think this is comparable really. He's obviously doesn't have the range Durant has, KD shot better from three in his sophomore campaign than Kobe ever has in his career. From the line? Durant pushes 90%. And his bread 'n butter is the 15 foot jumper off the pick. He's a better shooter, man. Can argue Kobe's a better scorer if you want, or more clutch obviously, but not a better shooter.

SteveNash
02-22-2010, 04:23 AM
Durant holds opposing SF's to a per of 13.5, which is below the league average of 15. His defense isn't as awful as people say it is. Is he a playmaker? No. But as of now he's leading a very young team into the playoffs.

And Vince Carter holds opponents to a per of 7.2, and we know how good VC is on defense.

Also SFs post lower PERs than league average.

DerekRE_3
02-22-2010, 04:28 AM
And Vince Carter holds opponents to a per of 7.2, and we know how good VC is on defense.

Only 8% of his minutes come at SF, not a big enough sample size. And I never said Kevin Durant was a great or even good defender. All I said was that he is not as bad as some people make him out to be. And you can't deny what he has done this year with his team. Did anyone see the Thunder being a 5 seed at this point in the season?

tredigs
02-22-2010, 04:36 AM

Take a look at Kevin Durants production stats from 82Games.

http://www.82games.com/0910/0910OKC.HTM

Take a close look at his opponents production stats (11.4). That's exactly the same production that Kobe holds his opponents to (only Durant produces more on the offensive side, so his overall is better), and it is BETTER than the production that Lebron holds his opponents to (Lebron's overall is better due to his offensive output). Whatever you want to say about his defense is fine, it still needs work and he works his *** off to make sure he does it, but it is undeniably improved and is obviously effective.

Chronz
02-22-2010, 05:18 AM

Thats his main problem though, for a guy who doesnt have to facilitate and with a great jumper he sure has an awful turnover rate. Once he gets that down he will be entering rare air. Hes still top 10 IMO though

Mr.ATLHawks
02-22-2010, 08:04 AM

So if someone were to say Steve Nash was the best point guard in the game you would be against this right b/c his defense absolutely sucks and he has never won squat?

alencp3
02-22-2010, 08:06 AM
KD is a freakin BEAST!

JJ_JKidd
02-22-2010, 08:26 AM
Dude give me a break. They were up by about 10 with 2 or so minutes left and he was a bucket away from the 25. Westbrook was still in the game also. Wasn't as if the game was over by the end of the third quarter and he was in there alone hunting for buckets. This was also the ONLY time in the entire streak I have seen him and his team actively try to get a last bucket, and screw it I don't blame them. It's a fun streak.

What it "means" is that since the NBA/CBA merger, only him and Michael Jordan have been able to produce this consistent of a scoring barrage for this long a time. All the while he is leading his team to a 9 game win streak and taking the THUNDER to a home court advantage playoff seed in the West. This kid is humble as sh_t and couldn't be any less of a stat whore, I assure you. I have seen every one of their games.

He put up 32 on 16 FG attempts + FT's tonight, it's not as if he's up there shot chucking every game out of the flow of the offense just looking to get his piece.

Ok so he's humble as S :confused: now imagine if JKidd "The Wife Beater" stayed longer in games-that-are-in-the-bag and where he was a point, an assist or a rebound shy of a triple double? Of course he didnt do it basically because he doesnt care about stats.

Baller1
02-22-2010, 11:20 AM
Ok so he's humble as S :confused: now imagine if JKidd "The Wife Beater" stayed longer in games-that-are-in-the-bag and where he was a point, an assist or a rebound shy of a triple double? Of course he didnt do it basically because he doesnt care about stats.

Durant's making history, and going after a streak that only the greatest has ever achieved. Cut the kid some slack.

Knickrocketsfan
02-22-2010, 12:25 PM
w.e man he get so many calls im suprized he is not named kobe or lebron

Baller1
02-22-2010, 01:06 PM
w.e man he get so many calls im suprized he is not named kobe or lebron

Sounds like a bitter Knick fan who was a victim of Kevin Durant getting off.

JordansBulls
02-22-2010, 01:12 PM

The only player in the league who I believe is concerned with stats the most is Lebron. Now it's true that stars want good stats, but he would stay in games with like 2-3 minutes left and the team is up or down 20 just to pad his stats more.

SteveNash
02-22-2010, 06:12 PM
Only 8% of his minutes come at SF, not a big enough sample size. And I never said Kevin Durant was a great or even good defender. All I said was that he is not as bad as some people make him out to be. And you can't deny what he has done this year with his team. Did anyone see the Thunder being a 5 seed at this point in the season?

The question I have, is why Durant is getting all the credit for their wins?

Take a look at Kevin Durants production stats from 82Games.

http://www.82games.com/0910/0910OKC.HTM

Take a close look at his opponents production stats (11.4). That's exactly the same production that Kobe holds his opponents to (only Durant produces more on the offensive side, so his overall is better), and it is BETTER than the production that Lebron holds his opponents to (Lebron's overall is better due to his offensive output). Whatever you want to say about his defense is fine, it still needs work and he works his *** off to make sure he does it, but it is undeniably improved and is obviously effective.

So are you trying to say Durant is equal to or better defensively than Kobe or LeBron.

So if someone were to say Steve Nash was the best point guard in the game you would be against this right b/c his defense absolutely sucks and he has never won squat?

That is correct. Although it wouldn't just be because he defense sucks.

tredigs
02-22-2010, 07:01 PM
The question I have, is why Durant is getting all the credit for their wins?

So are you trying to say Durant is equal to or better defensively than Kobe or LeBron.

Is the question you have really why Durant is getting credit for all their wins? He is getting the credit for leading them to these victories, being that, you know, he is the best player on the team and his team looks to him to make the big shot when it counts. I don't think anyone is saying that he's the only one contributing though. The whole team has stepped their game up, especially Westbrook. Kid is a beast. But it is all on the shoulders of KD.

And no, I am not saying he's reached their level defensively. He needs to improve his lateral movement (which will come as he grows into his body, remember he's still only 21 and still filling out/figuring out how to handle the 6'10" lanky frame), along with some other things. Though I think that with his California Condor wingspan and being that he lives and breathes basketball and trying to improve his game, he will end up being better than both defensively. Are YOU trying to deny the fact that he is immensely improved defensively, and is finding a way to shut down whoever he is guarding night after night? The numbers my friend, they do not lie.

Kakaroach
02-22-2010, 07:08 PM
Simply amazing. Imagine if he actually breaks Jordan's record.

SteveNash
02-22-2010, 07:39 PM
Is the question you have really why Durant is getting credit for all their wins? He is getting the credit for leading them to these victories, being that, you know, he is the best player on the team and his team looks to him to make the big shot when it counts. I don't think anyone is saying that he's the only one contributing though. The whole team has stepped their game up, especially Westbrook. Kid is a beast. But it is all on the shoulders of KD.

And what record did he lead them to last year? Too much credit is given to stars when their team exceeds expectations and not enough criticism when their team plays terribly.

Durant made a bigger improvement from rookie to sophomore than he has from sophomore to this year. What did Durant's big improvement from rookie to sophomore get them last year? 3 more wins. Durant improving is NOT the big reason why the Thunder have a much better record last year.

And no, I am not saying he's reached their level defensively. He needs to improve his lateral movement (which will come as he grows into his body, remember he's still only 21 and still filling out/figuring out how to handle the 6'10" lanky frame), along with some other things. Though I think that with his California Condor wingspan and being that he lives and breathes basketball and trying to improve his game, he will end up being better than both defensively. Are YOU trying to deny the fact that he is immensely improved defensively, and is finding a way to shut down whoever he is guarding night after night? The numbers my friend, they do not lie.

You said that Durant matched Kobe and was better than James. If the numbers represent how good a players defense is, then they do lie.

Durant will probably never fill out and will never be a great defender because of his frail frame.

tredigs
02-22-2010, 07:58 PM
And what record did he lead them to last year? Too much credit is given to stars when their team exceeds expectations and not enough criticism when their team plays terribly.

Durant made a bigger improvement from rookie to sophomore than he has from sophomore to this year. What did Durant's big improvement from rookie to sophomore get them last year? 3 more wins. Durant improving is NOT the big reason why the Thunder have a much better record last year.

You said that Durant matched Kobe and was better than James. If the numbers represent how good a players defense is, then they do lie.

Durant will probably never fill out and will never be a great defender because of his frail frame.

You are truly clueless.

Him and his teams improvement was still not significant enough last year to propel them into any kind of contention in such a deep Western Conference, especially being how little he still understood about how and when to fight through/slip screens, face double teams, etc.

His improvement has been just as significant in both years, with his defense from his sophomore campaign to this one being the biggest difference. His offense is also improved, with his shot selection being the biggest part there.

The "numbers not lying" is more for you to look at how he held his opponents the year prior, to how he held them this year. On a team that had no significant off season changes. Also, his +- last year was horrible, while this year it's among the best in the league, not to mention by far the best on his team. He averages +14.4 -- for comparison the second closest starter is Westbrook at +2.2.

You're just shoveling yourself deeper and deeper here, come back to the light gravedigger.

SteveNash
02-22-2010, 08:08 PM
You are truly clueless.

His improvement has been just as significant in both years, with his defense from his sophomore campaign to this one being the biggest difference. His offense is also improved, with his shot selection being the biggest part there.

Even if he improved equally both offseasons. One year his team improved by three wins. This year they should improve by at least 20, possibly 30.

The "numbers not lying" is more for you to look at how he held his opponents the year prior, to how he held them this year. On a team that had no significant off season changes. Also, his +- last year was horrible, while this year it's among the best in the league, not to mention by far the best on his team. He averages +14.4 -- for comparison the second closest starter is Westbrook at +2.2.

You're just shoveling yourself deeper and deeper here, come back to the light gravedigger.

So if you want to go by +/- then were you on here last year saying Durant was one of the worst players in the league and the worst player on his team?

tredigs
02-22-2010, 08:22 PM
Even if he improved equally both offseasons. One year his team improved by three wins. This year they should improve by at least 20, possibly 30.

So if you want to go by +/- then were you on here last year saying Durant was one of the worst players in the league and the worst player on his team?

Dude, jesus. OK, even IF you and your team are improving, it does NOT necessarily mean that they will be good enough to crawl out of being a bottom dweller. What it means is that although they made big strides, they still were not ready to tackle the other teams in the NBA in any serious manner. Now? With three straight years of marked improvements, they are.

And I wasn't on this site last year, but what I was saying last year about the kid was that he was an insane talent, but still VERY raw. There was so many things about the game (especially defensively) that he just wasn't understanding or wasn't executing. He was still impressive to watch and you could tell that greatness was probably coming, but he wasn't effective yet.

Now, it is all coming together. Again, not just for him, the whole team. But he is their catalyst. For you to deny that is just blind ignorance.

Moving on --

Mr.ATLHawks
02-23-2010, 10:39 AM
Nice debate going on here but I think there are some "key points" and factors we are missing here:

1st off the Thunder are one of the Top 10 Defensive Teams, Top 3 Rebounding Teams, Top 10 in BPG, Top 10 in Steals...so although Durant may not be Bruce Bowen on Defense, collectively their defense is exceptional.

2) Westbrook has made a huge jump from rook to sophmore taking the pressure off Durant to jack up shots like he would have last year. Westbrook is ultra fast making teams crowd the lane a bit more

3) Jeff Green is coming along nicely playing alot more effciently

So can I say Durant has made a huge leap in ability from last year to this year I would say no. But he is playing very effciently getting to the free throw line ALOT, taking less threes, trusting in his teammates more. Although the Kid still needs some work and some experience I would still call him one of the Top 10 players in the league b/c lets face very few superstars can do it all like Kobe Wade and lebron and be good on both ends....Hell Nash and Nowitski won MVP's and never played a lick of D

Kakaroach
02-23-2010, 10:54 PM
Make it 29 straight, in game with Phoenix right now.

JordansBulls
02-25-2010, 01:36 PM
Kinda surprised his streak ended yesterday. He had 17 at the half and 21 by the end of the 3rd and he didn't score in the 4th.

SteveNash
02-25-2010, 05:49 PM
Kinda surprised his streak ended yesterday. He had 17 at the half and 21 by the end of the 3rd and he didn't score in the 4th.

Ginobili happened.

Kakaroach
02-25-2010, 07:09 PM
Wow I thought he might have gone all the way, surprising for sure. Oh well.