PDA

View Full Version : When loving Rudy Fernandez goes too far....

td0tsfinest
02-03-2010, 04:59 PM
During a timeout with 41 seconds left in regulation, two women walked onto the court and into the Trail Blazers huddle. One woman wrapped her arms around the waist of Blazers guard Rudy Fernandez from behind. Fernandez, who was not in the game but focused on the plays being diagrammed by coach Nate McMillan, was stunned.

“I was surprised,’’ Fernandez said. “I was listening to the coach on the bench and behind me, she touches me and says, ‘Rudy, I love you. Nice to meet you. Good game.’

“I said, ‘What?’’’

Blazers guard Jerryd Bayless, who was on the perimeter of the huddle, said he saw the whole event transpire.

“They were drunk, obviously,’’ Bayless said. “I was actually close to Rudy, but when I saw them coming, and once they got onto the court, I stepped back.’’

The women were ushered away from the huddle, and amazingly allowed to return to their courtside seats under the basket and watch the remainder of the game, which went to overtime.

Saturday’s incident with Fernandez ended up being a light moment. Fernandez said his teammates razed him on the bench, and later, he found time to laugh about it. But he also admitted that he couldn’t help but think of tennis star Monica Seles, who was stabbed by a spectator in a 1993 tournament in Hamburg, Germany.

“That would be scary,’’ Fernandez said. “This is the first time anything like this has happened.’’

http://blog.oregonlive.com/behindblazersbeat/2010/02/when_loving_the_trail_blazers.html

This is worse than Sasha Vujacic going into the Cavs huddle. :facepalm:

-Kobe24-TJ19-
02-03-2010, 06:14 PM
Video???

Chronz
02-03-2010, 07:14 PM
This only confirms my theory, girls get away with anything

HoopsDrive
02-03-2010, 07:18 PM
This only confirms my theory, girls get away with anything

What theory? I thought it was a well known fact that girls do indeed get away with anything...

lakerboy
02-03-2010, 07:39 PM
Must have been that Rudy fann dude in the Blazers forum

Bulls_fan90
02-03-2010, 07:52 PM
I'd love to see what would happen if two guys did this @ a WNBL game...

RaptorizedKevin
02-03-2010, 08:00 PM
http://blog.oregonlive.com/behindblazersbeat/2010/02/when_loving_the_trail_blazers.html

This is worse than Sasha Vujacic going into the Cavs huddle. :facepalm:

When did sahsa do that? did someone like jokim noah push him out? like i dont get why joakim noah has the right to push people like tim duncan. noah needs to learn to respect the best power forward of all time.

RaptorizedKevin
02-03-2010, 08:00 PM

harrasment, theyd be baned for life.

td0tsfinest
02-03-2010, 11:00 PM
When did sahsa do that? did someone like jokim noah push him out? like i dont get why joakim noah has the right to push people like tim duncan. noah needs to learn to respect the best power forward of all time.

Noah?

anyways here's the video of sasha

The Machine (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zV5nQB8rZP8)

td0tsfinest
02-03-2010, 11:01 PM

they probably get some lovin' inside.