PDA

View Full Version : Lebron fueling the Cavs to get Jamison

JordansBulls
02-03-2010, 03:25 PM
CBSsports (http://ken-berger.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/11838893/19891570?)

It’s been well documented that the Cavaliers’ infatuation with Antawn Jamison has been rekindled. What’s been underplayed is the reason behind it: LeBron James is the one driving the team’s pursuit of Jamison, according to a source, and Cavs GM Danny Ferry – as usual – is trying to appease the King. A couple of problems: The Wizards want a young asset in return, and Zydrunas Ilgauskas – while a fit salary-wise – doesn’t fit that description. The sensible piece to include in the deal would be J.J. Hickson, whom the Cavs are reluctant to give up. But if the Cavs got Jamison, what value would Hickson be to them as their fifth big man? One scenario that is believed to be under discussion would have the Cavs hoping the Wizards bought out Ilgauskas after the trade, using some cash added to the deal by Cleveland. That way, the Cavs could sign Ilgauskas back on a minimum deal, giving them the player James covets (Jamison) and a 7-foot-4 insurance policy for Shaquille O’Neal. The Wizards would have to ask themselves if getting out from under Jamison’s contract and adding Hickson is enough to justify a deal that would get them under the tax next summer, but not under the cap.

• If the Cavs can’t get Jamison, Indiana’s Troy Murphy is Plan B. And yes, there’s a Plan C -- Andre Iguodala. Whereas the Cavs’ front office believes Jamison could help them win a championship this year, Iguodala would be more of a long-term solution. And he better be, with four years and $56 million left on his deal.

BlueJayFanDan
02-03-2010, 03:37 PM
They are going to get someone good I'm sure. I feel like they will end up with Murphy for some reason.

Jays Claw
02-03-2010, 03:38 PM
They should get him if they plan on winning the championship.

bigsams50
02-03-2010, 03:41 PM
If they get Jamison, and big z gets bought out and resigns.....Cavs would be scary good

Raph12
02-03-2010, 03:48 PM
Jamison and Murphy would be better fits, while Iggy would be a good consellation prize.

I like Murphy for them just because he won't take away from Lebron's touches.

JordansBulls
02-03-2010, 06:18 PM
They should just trade Hickson if they want Jamison. I don't see why they wouldn't.

Jonathan2323
02-03-2010, 06:20 PM
they should stay away from Murphy, his contract is horrible.

Sox Appeal
02-03-2010, 06:37 PM
they should stay away from Murphy, his contract is horrible.

His contract is a year shorter then Jamisons, for practically the same money. If I'm Cleveland, the only way I deal for Jamison is, if I know LeBron is going to re-sign.

DevonMSF
02-03-2010, 06:46 PM
If Jamison were acquired, this team would literally put themselves over every team in the NBA, when it comes to skill, chemistry and talent.

Sox Appeal
02-03-2010, 06:50 PM
If Jamison were acquired, this team would literally put themselves over every team in the NBA, when it comes to skill, chemistry and talent.

Agreed. But I also think Murphy is more then enough to put them over the top. And, his contract is a LOT better then Jamison, so if Bron-Bron leaves, the Cavs are totally ****ed cap-wise the next few years.

torontosports10
02-03-2010, 06:54 PM
Murphy is one of the most under-rated players in the league (That or he just always kills the Raps)

raidercincy
02-03-2010, 07:02 PM
Jamison and Murphy would be better fits, while Iggy would be a good consellation prize.

I like Murphy for them just because he won't take away from Lebron's touches.

Murphy is a JOKE. He can't even get playing time for INDY. He's to slow and can't guard NO ONE. Cav's want athletic people like Iggy. Keep it real because murphy is a JOKE. He's TOOOOOO SSSSLLLLLOOOOOWWWWWW.

Kakaroach
02-03-2010, 07:07 PM
They should just trade Hickson if they want Jamison. I don't see why they wouldn't. Yeah, I bet he would be part of any deal for the Cavs, especially for Jamison or Murphy.

Sox Appeal
02-03-2010, 07:07 PM
Murphy is a JOKE. He can't even get playing time for INDY. He's to slow and can't guard NO ONE. Cav's want athletic people like Iggy. Keep it real because murphy is a JOKE. He's TOOOOOO SSSSLLLLLOOOOOWWWWWW.

1) He's averaging 32 minutes per game.

2) He's leading the Pacers in defensive win shares.

3) He's averaging 15/10 while shooting 40% from 3. But yeah, Troy Murphy is a joke. :rolleyes:

cheerio
02-03-2010, 07:11 PM
Lebron just wants to win

C_A_S_H
02-03-2010, 07:29 PM
Jamison And James
WOWWWWWW

RaptorizedKevin
02-03-2010, 08:04 PM
They should just trade Hickson if they want Jamison. I don't see why they wouldn't.

exactly jordan i agree with yu. the cavs must realize they havta GIVE to get. trading BIG Z for jamison is already a rip off deal. they should realized trading BIG Z and hickson will enable them to WIN a championship. if the cavs get jamison. i dont see lebron leaving. and i see the cavs as SCCARY good .

td0tsfinest
02-04-2010, 01:05 AM
If they get Jamison, and big z gets bought out and resigns.....Cavs would be scary good

someone needs to make a rule for that.

_KB24_
02-04-2010, 01:24 AM
No way that the Wizards trade their best player to a team they absolutely hate.

RaptorizedKevin
02-04-2010, 01:29 AM
Yeah the wizards should give jamison to someone else. the cavs always beat them in the playoffs, why help them win a championship? :P lmao

JayAllDay
02-04-2010, 01:33 AM
Cleveland's economy is based on Lebron James

They better listen

CAVS21
02-04-2010, 02:17 AM
Cleveland's economy is based on Lebron James

They better listen

Essentially LBJ is the real GM of this team haha Danny Ferry just holds the title....but in all reality they HAVE to listen because he obviously has the upper hand and that they should do what he says or he will leave, he's trying to tell them "get me this guy and we WILL win the title and I stay"

IversonIsKrazy
02-04-2010, 02:32 AM
I like Murphy for Cleveland. But if Kings says he wants Jamison, i noe cleveland will get him there.

ko8e24
02-04-2010, 02:39 AM
I believe Jamison will be a Cavalier. They'll end up prolly doin a 3-way trade or something if it means getting Antawn with Lebron, Shaq, Mo, Varejao, West, Parker, Moon, Gibson etc to contend with the Lakers for the title.

shep33
02-04-2010, 03:26 AM
I may be the only person who doesn't think this deal is gonna help a ton, especially in the long run. Jamison is gonna be 34 in the summer, plus I don't know how he is defensively, not the Big Z is a stud on D or anything, but this is why I have a tough time with it. If they sign him I doubt Cleveland will sign anybody significant next year to pair with James, so I dunno they better win now I guess if they make this deal. What are the starters gonna look like?

Moe
Parker
James
Jamison
Shaq

Shaq gets into foul trouble and in comes Varajao... I just think Boston and Orlando can take care of them down low, even LA now with Z gone. Ilguaskas' size actually causes problems agains Pau and Bynum at times. So I dunno, I never think trading away a big is a great idea, unless you getting a big back. It just seems to make them more perimeter oriented, when really the only guy they'll have that can score at the 5 spot, will be Shaq. And he'll only get like 10-15. I dunno, I don't think its as good as people make it out to be. I don't think Z will just get released afterwards, i mean the guy is a top 5 center in the league still.

SJSharksfan3186
02-04-2010, 03:56 AM
That would give the Cav's a great starting 5. Williams, James, Jamison, Varajeo and O'Neal.

shep33
02-04-2010, 04:07 AM
That would give the Cav's a great starting 5. Williams, James, Jamison, Varajeo and O'Neal.

I really don't think this lineup could work though. Lebron would have to expend a lot of energy guarding quicker 2's now if he's playing that spot. I think Varajao has to come off the bench or Shaq, cause if either of them get into foul trouble they're screwed. I guess the Wizards want Hickson and Z, so Cleveland won't have any bigs left. Say Varajao gets into foul trouble, then Shaq has to log more minutes, which he can't do anymore. If shaq gets in foul trouble, which he likely will with no other bigs on that team, then Varajao has to play big minutes, and Varajao can't guard D12 and either Shaq or Varajao won't be able to handle a more healthy Garnett, Perkins, Sheed, and Big Baby down the road (if they get healthy). I may be looking too far into this, but i just don't like it unless they keep Z or Hickson... other than that I think they lose size and really just big bodies that you need come playoff time.

thedfactor
02-04-2010, 04:40 AM
I read somewhere that Washington might not be willing to deal Jamison to Cleveland to make them better. It was on ESPN a while back like a month ago maybe.

Other than that I think he'd be a great fit there, but TMurph is more likely.

Fanthrwthknthn
02-04-2010, 04:53 AM
too old

3ballbomber
02-04-2010, 05:11 AM
need more help aye lebron

stawka
02-04-2010, 05:12 AM
Jamison would be massive for the Cavs, as long as Big Z resigns. And to the poster that they need to make a rule for that, you're right on. I think it's one of the NBA's biggest flaws, don't like it at all

JordansBulls
02-04-2010, 09:23 AM
Jamison would be massive for the Cavs, as long as Big Z resigns. And to the poster that they need to make a rule for that, you're right on. I think it's one of the NBA's biggest flaws, don't like it at all

I'd like to see them with him this year. They would be the team to beat even more so.

Sly Guy
02-04-2010, 09:57 AM
Sure, these players would 'look good' in a cavs pinny, but the question is what can the cavs give in return to get them?

cheezinmypocket
02-04-2010, 10:16 AM
I hope Lebron's effort to play GM for the Cavs turns out as well as Vince Carter's efforts to be GM in Toronto did.

Chronz
02-04-2010, 04:45 PM
I hope Lebron's effort to play GM for the Cavs turns out as well as Vince Carter's efforts to be GM in Toronto did.
Huh? Im pretty sure they disrespected Vince

Wade_County
02-04-2010, 04:48 PM
Sure, these players would 'look good' in a cavs pinny, but the question is what can the cavs give in return to get them?

i guess it would be to free up some money and draft picks?

29$JerZ
02-04-2010, 04:52 PM
If the point is to get Jamison for a Championship you trade Hickson, even if LBJ has no intention of leaving the team in 2010 its not something you should risk. Now if the point is just to get a big to help win now but still want to have young pieces for next year you go for Murphy.

Miller Time
02-04-2010, 05:07 PM
I really hope Indiana gets rid of Troy Murphy. Send him to the Cavs. He's a good player, but Indiana has Roy Hibbert and Tyler Hansbrough now and they desperately need to shake that roster up.

Lo Porto
02-04-2010, 05:14 PM
#1 I hope Cleveland does something very soon because I'm tired of f-ing hearing about all the scenarios all the time. Just do something and let us look at other trade possibilities out there

#2 I hope they get Murphy and do nothing in the playoffs. Then Cleveland won't be able to do anything this summer to help LeBron and he wises up and goes to the Knicks. LeBron in NY would be the best thing for the NBA. Right now, the NBA is behind the NFL, college football and the MLB. LeBron in NY would be incredible.

mikantsass
02-04-2010, 05:15 PM
As a Celtics fan, I am pulling for them to get Murphy. He is easily the worst out of the three and I dont think he is that big of an upgrade

Iggy and Jamison would be scary with Lebron. Hopefully, those trades dont happen

Miller Time
02-04-2010, 05:20 PM
Troy Murphy is a rebounding machine and would help LeBron get more shots. He's a great player for a team thats already built.

GspLAL
02-04-2010, 05:22 PM
Cant Cavs trade Big Z and have him fail the physical and resign him?