PDA

View Full Version : Would brown be getting this much support if he was still a Bobcat?

mvb815
02-03-2010, 05:11 AM
It seems like everyone is rooting for shannon brown in the dunk contest. lebron, obama, almost everyone's blog picks him as their favorite.

Personally, I love this kid, he is capable of putting on a show, but do you think he would have this much support if he wasn't a laker? Do you think he would even be in the contest?

I understand Wallace is in it and is a bobcat, but wallace is a lot more well known.

znick21
02-03-2010, 05:47 AM
absolutely not, players usually become overrated once they join the lakers.

SirCalvin81
02-03-2010, 06:07 AM

true but hes actually getting lots of playing time as well 2 show his talents. that boy can dunk werever he plays, i seen him step on a dudes face while dunking at michigan state

Statik1
02-03-2010, 06:17 AM
absolutely not, players usually get hated on once they join the lakers.

Fixed!

-Kobe24-TJ19-
02-03-2010, 10:16 AM
absolutely not, players usually become overrated once they join the Knicks.

Fixed!

clutchski
02-03-2010, 10:27 AM
Well I think he wouldn't be getting the same support; but his popularity sure has grown since joining the Lakers so I can understand it.

Gibby23
02-03-2010, 11:20 AM
He didn'y get much PT on the Bobcats. If you don't play, people can't see what you do. He also gets alot more exposure on the Lakers and was on national TV all through the playoffs last year and has played alot of games on national TV this year.

JasonJohnHorn
02-03-2010, 12:07 PM
I thought Brown and James knew each other from Highschool or something? I had heard Brown beat James in a dunk contest back in the day, at the McDonalds's highschool thing or something like that. I think that is why James wants to see him do well. Kobe is pimping him because he's a teammate, and Obama.... I didn't know he took a stance on the matter, but since the two were just hanging out this week as the champs hung out in the White House, I imagine that has something to do with it.

I'm a big fan of Wallace, but bottom line, I just want to see some sweet dunks.

ChiSox219
02-03-2010, 12:10 PM
Shannon Brown is going to crash and burn.

Frezhnitz
02-03-2010, 12:11 PM

No, the teams he came from dont know how to use him or develop him. Why do you think we have the Zen master. Phil Jackson. Brown is better then you think he is.

#1Mavericksfan
02-03-2010, 12:15 PM
HELL NO....you could trade Flip Murray to the Lakers and Laker fans would overrate the hell out of him.

Gibby23
02-03-2010, 12:16 PM
I thought Brown and James knew each other from Highschool or something? I had heard Brown beat James in a dunk contest back in the day, at the McDonalds's highschool thing or something like that. I think that is why James wants to see him do well. Kobe is pimping him because he's a teammate, and Obama.... I didn't know he took a stance on the matter, but since the two were just hanging out this week as the champs hung out in the White House, I imagine that has something to do with it.
I'm a big fan of Wallace, but bottom line, I just want to see some sweet dunks.

Brown is from Chicago. Obama is a Chicago sports fan.

ChiSox219
02-03-2010, 12:18 PM

It was pretty awesome when he gave Magic Johnson **** for losing to the Bulls in 91 and imitated Jordan switching hands. His approval rating went up 30 points in my book.

arkanian215
02-03-2010, 12:32 PM

obama pretends. he couldn't get that outfielder's name right.

Gibby23
02-03-2010, 12:34 PM
obama pretends. he couldn't get that outfielder's name right.

I think he is more of a basketball guy.