PDA

View Full Version : Carl Landry should be 6th man of the year

alexander_37
02-03-2010, 01:53 AM
I was watching highlights of the rockets warriors game and the commentator said that Carl Landry is 2nd in 4th quarter scoring in the nba behind Lebron, isn't that the whole concept of the 6th man someone to step in when the starters are tired later on in the game and for a bench player to take on the responsibility of being the go to guy at the most important time. He would get my vote.

iggypop123
02-03-2010, 02:14 AM
he is so good its actually hurts him to me. he is light years ahead of hayes. its just a forced 6th man, he should start. i think crawford will get more votes anyways

Raph12
02-03-2010, 02:18 AM
Over Jamal Crawford?... I don't think so.

CAVS21
02-03-2010, 02:19 AM
Landry is awesome....if not him Andy Varejao of the Cavs.......either or....but after them not close

Mavrix
02-03-2010, 02:21 AM
Landry is awesome....if not him Andy Varejao of the Cavs.......either or....but after them not close

Varejao over Terry?:facepalm:

CAVS21
02-03-2010, 02:26 AM
ABSOLUTELY man....his motor is such a huge factor for the Cavs and not alot of people give him enough credit....he deserves it

Mavrix
02-03-2010, 02:29 AM
ABSOLUTELY man....his motor is such a huge factor for the Cavs and not alot of people give him enough credit....he deserves it

lmao @ verajao > terry. You do not know basketball.

alexander_37
02-03-2010, 02:32 AM

Uhhhh .. why wouldn't he??

Crawford
2009-10 Statistics
PPG 17.5
RPG 2.4
APG 2.8
SPG 0.8
BPG 0.2
FG% 0.460
FT% 0.859
3P% 0.365
MPG 30.6

Landry
2009-10 Statistics
PPG 16.5
RPG 5.4
APG 0.7
SPG 0.6
BPG 0.8
FG% 0.551
FT% 0.841
3P% 0.000
MPG 27.3

yID
02-03-2010, 02:33 AM
he is so good its actually hurts him to me. he is light years ahead of hayes. its just a forced 6th man, he should start. i think crawford will get more votes anyways

but Hayes is a great post defender and a nice rebounder they need some lowpost D.

that leaves Landry or Scola.
hmmmm. I too would start Scola

anyways, Jamal locked up 6th man a long time ago

thedfactor
02-03-2010, 02:35 AM
Gotta go with Crawford even though CL is really good too. But the league will look at winning and JC11 has helped the Hawks do that more often, including sweeping their recent rival Celtics in 4 games this regular season. He's got it locked, but again Landry has been great too.

GoatMilk
02-03-2010, 02:35 AM

Crawford
2009-10 Statistics
PPG 17.5
RPG 2.4
APG 2.8
SPG 0.8
BPG 0.2
FG% 0.460
FT% 0.859
3P% 0.365
MPG 30.6

Landry
2009-10 Statistics
PPG 16.5
RPG 5.4
APG 0.7
SPG 0.6
BPG 0.8
FG% 0.551
FT% 0.841
3P% 0.000
MPG 27.3
Jamal's on a winning team.
really pushed the Hawks into true contenders

yuns554
02-03-2010, 02:36 AM

Crawford
2009-10 Statistics
PPG 17.5
RPG 2.4
APG 2.8
SPG 0.8
BPG 0.2
FG% 0.460
FT% 0.859
3P% 0.365
MPG 30.6

Landry
2009-10 Statistics
PPG 16.5
RPG 5.4
APG 0.7
SPG 0.6
BPG 0.8
FG% 0.551
FT% 0.841
3P% 0.000
MPG 27.3

I dont see how this helps your point...

CAVS21
02-03-2010, 02:41 AM
lmao @ verajao > terry. You do not know basketball.

lmao @ YOU bro...you're clearly the one that doesnt know basketball....I didnt say Andy was better I said that he should win it this year because of what he means to the Cavs, youre an idiot, the 6th man is more or less an MVP type of award but for bench players and as far as our bench goes Varejao is our bench MVP....:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

yuns554
02-03-2010, 02:47 AM
lmao @ YOU bro...you're clearly the one that doesnt know basketball....I didnt say Andy was better I said that he should win it this year because of what he means to the Cavs, youre an idiot, the 6th man is more or less an MVP type of award but for bench players and as far as our bench goes Varejao is our bench MVP....:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

good for him..Terry is the Mavs bench MVP
Lamar Odom is the Lakers bench MVP
JJ Redick is the Magic bench MVP
friggin Luke Ridnour is the best player off the bench for the Bucks

I guess there should be thirty 6th man awards according to your logic

CAVS21
02-03-2010, 02:50 AM
^^no not at all...I was stating my case for Andy and that's all

and JJ Redick is a joke

Chacarron
02-03-2010, 02:52 AM
It has to be Jamaal Crawford. That game winner about a month ago just sold me away.

nipo10847
02-03-2010, 02:53 AM
Jamal "Clutch" Crawford= Killer=6th man of the year.

montazingmvp
02-03-2010, 02:56 AM

are you being serious? if so, please explain...

because besides passing. landry appears to be better at every other facet of the game...

montazingmvp
02-03-2010, 02:58 AM
It has to be Jamaal Crawford. That game winner about a month ago just sold me away.

1 game...? thats just stupid...

how about averaging the second highest 4th quarter points IN THE LEAGUE...
and being better in every facet of the game besides passing...

c'mon people

Chacarron
02-03-2010, 02:59 AM
1 game...? thats just stupid...

how about averaging the second highest 4th quarter points IN THE LEAGUE...
and being better in every facet of the game besides passing...

c'mon people

3 point shooting? better record? the better record will definitely come into account and i think that is the main reason i see crawford winning it.

montazingmvp
02-03-2010, 03:08 AM
3 point shooting? better record? the better record will definitely come into account and i think that is the main reason i see crawford winning it.

i disagree.

the fact that crawford has a much more loaded lineup in front of him than landry means that crawford is the better 6th man?

the fact of the matter is that landry is producing at a more efficient rate...people have always overrated crawford because he can produce some flashy dribbling moves and shots...but what it comes down to is he's an inefficient scorer, (until this year, which is why he's in 6th man discussion), an absolutely terrible defender, and one of the worst rebounders for his position in the league.

he's scoring well this year, but thats all he provides off the bench...

landry scores more efficiently and does more than just score...

Grim Reaper
02-03-2010, 03:11 AM
I was watching highlights of the rockets warriors game and the commentator said that Carl Landry is 2nd in 4th quarter scoring in the nba behind Lebron, isn't that the whole concept of the 6th man someone to step in when the starters are tired later on in the game and for a bench player to take on the responsibility of being the go to guy at the most important time. He would get my vote.

He's having a good season but not as good as Jamal Crawford. Crawford could have been an All Star and a 6th man hasn't made the All Star team since Kevin McHale I think.

Raph12
02-03-2010, 03:12 AM
^^no not at all...I was stating my case for Andy and that's all

and JJ Redick is a joke

Anderson Varejao:
8.3 PPG
.529 FG%
.250 3P%
.647 FT%
8.1 RPG
1.0 APG
1.0 TPG
3.1 FPG
29.9 MPG

JJ Redick:
9.8 PPG
.441 FG%
.407 3P%
.843 FT%
1.7 RPG
1.9 APG
0.8 TPG
1.7 FPG
23.1 MPG

Redick does more in less time, while backing up Vince Carter, while Andy is being outplayed by Hickson. Varejao is a liablity on offense, to put him down as SMOY is the dumbest idea ever.

You don't know anything about basketball and you're obviously a Cavs homer, so I won't bother responding to anything further you have to say, unless I find any merit in the discussion (which I doubt I will).

Now good day sir...

Chacarron
02-03-2010, 03:13 AM
i disagree.

the fact that crawford has a much more loaded lineup in front of him than landry means that crawford is the better 6th man.

the fact of the matter is that landry is producing at a more efficient rate...people have always overrated crawford because he can produce some flashy dribbling moves and shots...but what it comes down to is he's an inefficient scorer, (until this year, which is why he's in 6th man discussion), an absolutely terrible scorer, and one of the worst rebounders for his position in the league.

he's scoring well this year, but thats all he provides of the bench...

landry scores more efficiently and does more than just score...

That's what he is supposed to do: score. Look at the last winners of this award: Terry, Ginobili, Barbosa, Miller, Gordon, Jamison. Do you see any similarities? They were all reliable scorers and great 3-point shooters. I have no problem with Landry winning it, but my opinion is that Crawford should win it. Landry should really be starting for that Rockets team.

Mavrix
02-03-2010, 03:16 AM

As far as Terry goes he's our bench MVP, "BRO".

theuuord
02-03-2010, 03:16 AM
Anderson Varejao:
8.3 PPG
.529 FG%
.250 3P%
.647 FT%
8.1 RPG
1.0 APG
1.0 TPG
3.1 FPG
29.9 MPG

JJ Redick:
9.8 PPG
.441 FG%
.407 3P%
.843 FT%
1.7 RPG
1.9 APG
0.8 TPG
1.7 FPG
23.1 MPG

Redick does more in less time, while backing up Vince Carter, while Andy is being outplayed by Hickson. Varejao is a liablity on offense, to put him down as SMOY is the dumbest idea ever.

You don't know anything about basketball and you're obviously a Cavs homer, so I won't bother responding to anything further you have to say, unless I find any merit in the discussion (which I doubt I will).

Now good day sir...

Varejao's a hard comparison because a ton of his value comes on the much-harder-to-quantify end of the floor.

Still, give me Landry.

montazingmvp
02-03-2010, 03:26 AM
Anderson Varejao:
8.3 PPG
.529 FG%
.250 3P%
.647 FT%
8.1 RPG
1.0 APG
1.0 TPG
3.1 FPG
29.9 MPG

JJ Redick:
9.8 PPG
.441 FG%
.407 3P%
.843 FT%
1.7 RPG
1.9 APG
0.8 TPG
1.7 FPG
23.1 MPG

Now good day sir...

varejao is one of the best post defenders in the league...defense doesn't even cross redicks mind.

you do realize that defense is half of the game, right?

Bausman
02-03-2010, 03:37 AM
Landry and Crawford are puttinging up fairly similar numbers and there are still over 2 months to go in the season... we're in the middle of a tight battle for 6thMOY

Bausman
02-03-2010, 03:41 AM
varejao is one of the best post defenders in the league...defense doesn't even cross redicks mind.

you do realize that defense is half of the game, right?

Redick has about as much defense as Varajao has offense... I'd love him on my team, but Varajao is a Garbage Man... no skill, just pure hustle.. and i'd make him cut his hair

montazingmvp
02-03-2010, 03:46 AM
Redick has about as much defense as Varajao has offense... I'd love him on my team, but Varajao is a Garbage Man... no skill, just pure hustle.. and i'd make him cut his hair

strange that despite being a much worse offensive player, he still manages to score more efficiently...

anyway that is besides the point...jj redick is not near the best at any one thing in the league...

while varejao is one of the best post defenders in the league...which just so happens to be a very underrated but very important ingredient to a winning team...

boston has perkins, orlando has dwight, la has gasol and bynum...and so on

CAVS21
02-03-2010, 04:40 AM
Anderson Varejao:
8.3 PPG
.529 FG%
.250 3P%
.647 FT%
8.1 RPG
1.0 APG
1.0 TPG
3.1 FPG
29.9 MPG

JJ Redick:
9.8 PPG
.441 FG%
.407 3P%
.843 FT%
1.7 RPG
1.9 APG
0.8 TPG
1.7 FPG
23.1 MPG

Now good day sir...

Mike Brown likes the energy Andy brings off the bench to this team, we play better when he comes off the bench as opposed to him starting even though in the near future he will start.

And also, SIR he's NOT an offensive liability dude gets a ton of hustle points and easy buckets off back door cuts....maybe you should brush up on your basketball knowledge thank you and good day!

CAVS21
02-03-2010, 04:43 AM
As far as Terry goes he's our bench MVP, "BRO".

right and my point like I'm sure yours is would be that our bench MVP deserves the 6th man award period...never said he was better than the Jet though

Chronz
02-03-2010, 04:53 AM

LOL easily over JC

ldc62
02-03-2010, 05:42 AM
Mike Brown likes the energy Andy brings off the bench to this team, we play better when he comes off the bench as opposed to him starting even though in the near future he will start.

And also, SIR he's NOT an offensive liability dude gets a ton of hustle points and easy buckets off back door cuts....maybe you should brush up on your basketball knowledge thank you and good day!

Sorry but he isn't going to win it. He gets hustle points and 2nd chance points, but he is still an offensive liability because teams don't have have to guard him outside the paint.

montazingmvp
02-03-2010, 05:47 AM
Sorry but he isn't going to win it. He gets hustle points and 2nd chance points, but he is still an offensive liability because teams don't have have to guard him outside the paint.

i get your point but your reasoning is awful...varejao may very well be an offensive liability...but its not because he can't score outside the paint..

is dwight howard an offensive liability...? he can't score outside the paint...is bynum...? see my point...

someone is an offensive liability when their defender can cheat off of them and not get punished for it. i don't think this is the case for varejao seeing as he's a pretty good cutter for a big man, and he finishes well around the rim...

MU and UW Fan
02-03-2010, 06:14 AM
Yeah I'm proud of my boy Landry. Representing Milwaukee Vincent High School. Watched this guy since he was a high school player. He's come a long way and has a solid NBA career ahead of him.

BRADfromOZ
02-03-2010, 09:20 AM
Jamal's on a winning team.
really pushed the Hawks into true contenders
What makes for a "winning team"?

pebloemer
02-03-2010, 09:42 AM
Landry and Crawford are puttinging up fairly similar numbers and there are still over 2 months to go in the season... we're in the middle of a tight battle for 6thMOY

Agreed. Landry is very deserving as the 6MOTY; as is Crawford.

Hard to take into account the team record because Atlanta's team is much more star-studded.

Anyone calling people stupid for suggesting one or the other, or feel one player has already won the award hasn't been watching the other player.

xxseven72ducexx
02-03-2010, 09:52 AM

absolutely not, thats a ******** way to look at it...a bench player is not supposed to be sum1 that is relied upon in the 4TH QUARTER unless hes the best player on the floor which in that case would be very odd considering the fact the best player wouldnt b coming off the bench...youre also saying that jus bc its the end of the game that all the starters are coming out bc they are tired? landry is having a career year but jamal crawford already took that award home and polished it bro

montazingmvp
02-03-2010, 09:59 AM
absolutely not, thats a ******** way to look at it...a bench player is not supposed to be sum1 that is relied upon in the 4TH QUARTER unless hes the best player on the floor which in that case would be very odd considering the fact the best player wouldnt b coming off the bench...youre also saying that jus bc its the end of the game that all the starters are coming out bc they are tired? landry is having a career year but jamal crawford already took that award home and polished it bro

yeah he so deserves it more...he's been much less efficient than landry and contributed less to his teams winning record...

great points!!!

grega1976
02-03-2010, 10:33 AM

better record IN THE EAST, come on the Rocket record would be alot better if they played in the minor leagues too.

Chronz
02-03-2010, 02:07 PM
i get your point but your reasoning is awful...varejao may very well be an offensive liability...but its not because he can't score outside the paint..

is dwight howard an offensive liability...? he can't score outside the paint...is bynum...? see my point...

someone is an offensive liability when their defender can cheat off of them and not get punished for it. i don't think this is the case for varejao seeing as he's a pretty good cutter for a big man, and he finishes well around the rim...

Bingo, hes a liability when paired with Shaq but even then hes so good at diving and filling the gaps that Bron finds him for easy layups quite frequently. Still not Landry good

Chronz
02-03-2010, 02:09 PM
Yeah I'm proud of my boy Landry. Representing Milwaukee Vincent High School. Watched this guy since he was a high school player. He's come a long way and has a solid NBA career ahead of him.

Agreed, my favorite player in the game after Quinton Ross. Landry, the selfmade star who gets the job done with non-stop effort. Tough as nails and all those other cliches, 6thman of the year for sure, like its a no contest.

Chacarron
02-03-2010, 02:52 PM
better record IN THE EAST, come on the Rocket record would be alot better if they played in the minor leagues too.

The Clippers record would be a lot better as well but unluckily for them, they are in the West.

montazingmvp
02-03-2010, 02:58 PM
Bingo, hes a liability when paired with Shaq but even then hes so good at diving and filling the gaps that Bron finds him for easy layups quite frequently. Still not Landry good

agreed

Jays Claw
02-03-2010, 03:01 PM
In my opinion, Jamal Crawford should win it.

grega1976
02-03-2010, 03:36 PM
barely half way throught the season, both guys could tank the rest of the way making it a moot point.

montazingmvp
02-03-2010, 06:00 PM
barely half way throught the season, both guys could tank the rest of the way making it a moot point.

yes but based on now, its landry's to lose

mlisica19
02-03-2010, 06:14 PM
Not Lamar Odom??? Who is helping the Lakers becoming one of the best teams in the league. He plays a heck of alot, can shoot (3s as well), Rebounds and gets assists. Hes a well rounded player, and has great bball IQ. His stats and team work and wins are all there.

fredv
02-03-2010, 06:23 PM
Landry will go home with it. He's #2 in points scored in the 4th behind Lebron, was #1 last week. Thats no fluke.
He is and will be the 6th man of the year if he keeps it up.

Verbal Christ
02-03-2010, 06:24 PM
how many times does crawford get doubled a game? not many im sure. landry has recently joined 'those ranks' as guys teams are planning for. his efficiency rating is over 2 points better than crawford, with no history of off court 'issues' (if baby momma slapping was a sport...) and is tough as nails, ask dirk's elbow. (still makes me laugh, dirk sits out a week, and carl wants to play the next night!) it really is no contest, ship the hardware, landry is everything that is right with the NBA.

First Ballot
02-03-2010, 09:48 PM
Landry's helping the Rockets attempt to stay relevant, Crawford's got the Hawks in the contention for the East. Sports leagues love awarding good teams, Crawford wins IMO. Production-wise it's close, but I don't think it matters as much as records to the league.

Chronz
02-03-2010, 09:52 PM
Landry's helping the Rockets attempt to stay relevant, Crawford's got the Hawks in the contention for the East. Sports leagues love awarding good teams, Crawford wins IMO. Production-wise it's close, but I don't think it matters as much as records to the league.

Production aint even close, but you may be right about unrelated bias impacting the tallies, still dont think the coaches will disagree. The Hawks becoming contenders isnt as attributable to JC as much as Landry keeping the Rockets in playoff contention. Hopefully the voters acknowledge this.