PDA

View Full Version : Marcus Jordan (Michael's son) freshmen stats at UCF Is he going to be in the NBA?

fadedmario
02-03-2010, 01:51 AM
22 mins pg
7.1 ppg
1.9 assists pg
2.9 rpg
.462 fg%
.375 3p%

Will someone draft him before he graduates college? These are his freshmen stats.

Do you think Michael would give him a shot in four years if he doesn't get drafted?

What about other players son's playing Antron Pippen, Jordan Dumars, Tim Hardaway Jr. and so on, there are a bunch of them.

_KB24_
02-03-2010, 01:58 AM
If your dad is a legend, your most likely going to get a shot. Luke, Coby, and Marcus would not make it if it weren't for their dads.

Stunner
02-03-2010, 02:01 AM
yeah he is he going to come out either is Junior or Senior year and is going to be a decent back PG unless he takes some good steps in his college carrer to become a starting caliber PG.

JasonJohnHorn
02-03-2010, 02:11 AM
Why would Dumars name his son Jordan? That is like The Green Lantern naming his son Sinestro! Or Superman naming his son Lex.

Buy yeah, it Like Walton can get on a title contending squad.... http://www.theonion.com/content/news/kobe_bryant_proves_he_can_win

Raph12
02-03-2010, 02:20 AM
I'm sure Michael will take him if no one drafts him.

Mr. Beer
02-03-2010, 02:54 AM
If he was better than Jeffery Jordan (mike's oldest boy) than he wouldn't be playing at UCF. Jeffery comes off the bench for the Illini, but he doesn't have a chance at the NBA.

fadedmario
02-03-2010, 02:58 AM
If he was better than Jeffery Jordan (mike's oldest boy) than he wouldn't be playing at UCF. Jeffery comes off the bench for the Illini, but he doesn't have a chance at the NBA.

Jeff Jordan don't even play college ball no more. He quit. Marcus is much better than Jeff is. It's a fact, do your research before you make yourself sound stupid

GoatMilk
02-03-2010, 02:59 AM
If your dad is a legend, your most likely going to get a shot. Luke, Coby, and Marcus would not make it if it weren't for their dads.

to be fair, Luke was very very good at Arizona

montazingmvp
02-03-2010, 03:00 AM

thats just stupid and completely untrue...basketball organizations are not going to invest millions in players simply because their fathers were really good...

dikimbemutumbo
02-03-2010, 03:01 AM

Actually, Marcus is considered the better prospect, and Jeffrey left basketball to focus on school before the season started.

fadedmario
02-03-2010, 03:04 AM
Your absolutely right Marcus has always been the better of the two

BCB mwat15
02-03-2010, 03:25 AM
Jeff Jordan don't even play college ball no more. He quit. Marcus is much better than Jeff is. It's a fact, do your research before you make yourself sound stupid

:laugh:

You can't say stuff like that when you are wrong in the first two sentences of your post. Jeff is back playing ball for the Illini and is the back up PG. I go to Illinois so I'm right about that. You are right that Marcus is better than Jeff, I don't know that he is much better than Jeff though. He can score better but isn't as good defensively. He may have some kind of shot because of his name. But, I don't know if he'll ever be any good.

_KB24_
02-03-2010, 03:33 AM
thats just stupid and completely untrue...basketball organizations are not going to invest millions in players simply because their fathers were really good...

I said that they would get their shot, not make "millions". Karl would never make it to the pros if it weren't for his dad. The guy is horrible. Their are many better unrecognized players out their, in the thousands, but unfortunately, they don't have a HOFer for a dad to make a call or two.

thephoenixson28
02-03-2010, 03:33 AM
If your dad is a legend, your most likely going to get a shot. Luke, Coby, and Marcus would not make it if it weren't for their dads. You forgot dunleavy

conway429
02-03-2010, 03:35 AM

Jeff Jordan had announced that he was gonna leave basketball, and focus on other things. But then a few months ago, decided to come back. He played for Illinois against Indiana on Sunday. Try being more respectful to other people, or you end up sounding pretty stupid yourself.

_KB24_
02-03-2010, 04:26 AM
You forgot dunleavy

Dunleavy is much more talented than the other "brats".

Supa
02-03-2010, 05:04 AM
Marcus Jordan would have to become a true point guard to have a shot at NBA; right now, he is playing like a combo guard.

---

MU and UW Fan
02-03-2010, 06:11 AM
Jeff Jordan went to Illinois as a walk-on. He received an academic scholarship to Illinois before receiving an athletic scholarship. He quit the team at the end of last year but changed his mind a couple months later and is now back up PG for them. Marcus is was a higher regarded prospect and is a better player without a question. Playing against both of them, Marcus is clearly superior to his brother Jeff. Jeff is a very bright kid academically and will still be successful in life when college ball is done whether his dad has a boat load of money or not.

eman
02-03-2010, 08:02 AM
Funny story about Marcus Jordan and UCF; it seems that Adidas was the official shoe sponsor of the schools athletic programs and expected Marcus to wear their shoes when competing for UCF. Well you can imagine that Michael Jordan's son was never going to don a pair of Adidas's, opting to where his fathers company's shoes instead. So what does Adidas do, they pull there sponsorship of the entire UCF athletic programs which will cost UCF about 3 million dollars.

Cavs_Fan24
02-03-2010, 08:22 AM
I'd take him in the late second round just for the hell of it. He's michael jordans kid, how do you not waste a draft pick on him hoping he'd be like his father.

dwadefan03
02-03-2010, 08:55 AM
didnt he say he didnt want to be in the nba, or was that the other son

Gibby23
02-03-2010, 11:29 AM
He is a 1st year player. His numbers as far as shooting % are good and should only get better as he goes and he should get better every year. If he improves every year over the next 4 years, he has a pretty good shot. If he improves alot by next year and has a good soph season, I can see him transfering to a bigger school and sitting a year. Kinda like what Seth Curry did this past year.

twoearl
02-03-2010, 11:37 AM
Marcus has a chance to be a role player in the NBA. But that't about it. If anybody is expecting him to be another more your last name is probably Jordan.

Clutch6
02-03-2010, 11:52 AM
Coby Karl, perfect example...

king4day
02-03-2010, 12:27 PM
Funny story about Marcus Jordan and UCF; it seems that Adidas was the official shoe sponsor of the schools athletic programs and expected Marcus to wear their shoes when competing for UCF. Well you can imagine that Michael Jordan's son was never going to don a pair of Adidas's, opting to where his fathers company's shoes instead. So what does Adidas do, they pull there sponsorship of the entire UCF athletic programs which will cost UCF about 3 million dollars.

I remember reading about this. It's really surprising that the school didn't reprimand him about it. It's not like the kid plays anywhere near the level his father did in college.

The school likely was scared to kick him off the team just because it's MJ's kid...or maybe Jordan paid the school 3 mil to make up for it.
Come to think of it, Marcus really hasn't done anything to warrant playing in his fathers shoes.

Gibby23
02-03-2010, 12:29 PM
I remember reading about this. It's really surprising that the school didn't reprimand him about it. It's not like the kid plays anywhere near the level his father did in college.

The school likely was scared to kick him off the team just because it's MJ's kid...or maybe Jordan paid the school 3 mil to make up for it.
Come to think of it, Marcus really hasn't done anything to warrant playing in his fathers shoes.

Im pretty sure Jordan covered the 3 million and maybe more.

arkanian215
02-03-2010, 12:35 PM
22 mins pg
7.1 ppg
1.9 assists pg
2.9 rpg
.462 fg%
.375 3p%

Will someone draft him before he graduates college? These are his freshmen stats.

ucf aint that bad. he'll learn to be a better player. he'll be more polished once he gets 4 years under his belt.

amoore87
02-03-2010, 12:35 PM
When you say coby did you mean Kobe? Because he was the best basketball player in the state of pennsylvania growing up..His skill gave him a chance not his father *******..

:laugh2: ha ha :laugh2:

AIsixersFK
02-03-2010, 12:37 PM
When you say coby did you mean Kobe? Because he was the best basketball player in the state of pennsylvania growing up..His skill gave him a chance not his father *******..

FAIL You deserve every :facepalm: that comes to you. The guy who made the original post username is KB24 u *******.

AIsixersFK
02-03-2010, 12:44 PM
Im pretty sure Jordan covered the 3 million and maybe more.

doubt it. Jordans an @sshole. The only school I could see him donating any money is North Carolina. And even then not 3 million.

Raph12
02-03-2010, 01:18 PM

Dude, you're never going to live this down, might as well start a new account now.

mser58
02-03-2010, 01:32 PM

Aha, not only did that provide a shallow depth of NBA knowledge, but you also insulted a person.

Solid post, you will last long on PSD...

Stunner
02-03-2010, 02:06 PM

already my sig

scandaless2
02-03-2010, 02:25 PM
I smell marshmallows in this thread ,, cause that MCV1313 dude is getting roasted :laugh::laugh2:

MiamiHeat
02-03-2010, 04:04 PM
Marcus J. should stay in school and improve his game, I think he will get drafted by some team and he will become a solid player off the bench or he might improve a lot and become a solid starter.