PDA

View Full Version : Do you think this could be the Cavs year?

harm0n1x
02-03-2010, 01:02 AM
I'm really not trying to be a homer but, I've seen basically every Cavs game this season and they're looking very, very good at this point. It seems as if they're finally realizing how to utilize Shaq (and his numbers have greatly increased these last few weeks), Lebron is as good as ever, and the rest of the cast is playing great without Mo and Delonte. Anderson Verajao is looking like a serious 6th man of the year candidate. I really wouldn't trade anything for Andy. I can't say regular season wins mean much, but unlike last year, where the Cavs were crushing bad teams, and either squeaking by or losing to legit teams. This season they are beating all the contenders, sometimes by a lot, or sometimes by a little. The team chemistry is just as good as last years team, and Shaq fits perfectly in with that chemisty. There's many Cavs fans wanting a trade for Jamison, Stoudemire, Iguodala, etc. But why? Leave this team be, they look completely fine. I'm not counting out Boston, Orlando, or Atlanta, or anyone else for that matter, but something just seems to fit like glue with this team. What's everyone else's opinion?

DCB/LAL
02-03-2010, 01:07 AM
They looked better last year and didn't even make the FINALS.

Raph12
02-03-2010, 01:07 AM
They looked extremely good last season too, 66-16 in the season, 8-0 in the postseason, everyone thought it was their year... before they played the Magic.

This season, things won't be so one-sided now that the Cavs have Shaq and the Magic have Carter, but it will be exciting to say the least.

The answer to your thread question is, very possible.

harm0n1x
02-03-2010, 01:12 AM
They looked extremely good last season too, 66-16 in the season, 8-0 in the postseason, everyone thought it was their year... before they played the Magic.

This season, things won't be so one-sided now that the Cavs have Shaq and the Magic have Carter, but it will be exciting to say the least.

The answer to your thread question is, very possible.

The point I'm trying to make is I get to watch almost every single one of their 82 games a season. Last year they didn't fair well against legit opponents, and beat up on the weak ones. This season they are beating the good teams and either barely beating or kicking the **** out of bad teams. There's a difference this year. Maybe it's just me, but they look a hell of a lot better.

jay87shot
02-03-2010, 01:13 AM
My view as of now is that the Cavs will never win a championship with LeBron on the team. I'm going to get cruxcified but he doesn't make his teammates better like MJ, Magic, Bird and other greats did. Yes he averages 7 or 8 assist but they aren't of remarkable passes. How many times do u see him on sportscenter for a good pass. I watched some recent interviews with Bron and noticed that he would be a McDonalds employee for life if he wasn't 6'8 and a beast, not a smart person. They have a very good chance this year but they need to take of the tutu's quit dancing and focus on the game. They look like a bunch of clowns or high school girls at times. They might make the finals but no way they beat the Lakers, Spurs, or other top West teams.

harm0n1x
02-03-2010, 01:14 AM
They looked better last year and didn't even make the FINALS.

They LOOKED better against bad teams.

harm0n1x
02-03-2010, 01:17 AM
My view as of now is that the Cavs will never win a championship with LeBron on the team. I'm going to get cruxcified but he doesn't make his teammates better like MJ, Magic, Bird and other greats did. Yes he averages 7 or 8 assist but they aren't of remarkable passes. How many times do u see him on sportscenter for a good pass. I watched some recent interviews with Bron and noticed that he would be a McDonalds employee for life if he wasn't 6'8 and a beast, not a smart person. They have a very good chance this year but they need to take of the tutu's quit dancing and focus on the game. The look like a bunch of clowns

I get to see all their games, you obviously don't see all the great assists lebron makes dude. Yeah, a lot of them are normal passes, but some are great no look, behind the back passes. And if it wasn't for him, that team wouldn't be who they are. He DEFINITELY make his teamates look better. By the way, I see him on SC with a lot of great passes.

ManRam
02-03-2010, 01:18 AM
Could be. They are better than last year. Won't say that it "is" their year. Don't think anyone can say who's year it is.

It could be LA's year again.
It could be Orlando's.
It could be Boston's.
It could be Denver's.
It could be Utah's.
It could be Dallas'.

You get the point.

And to jay87shot, you absolutely deserved to get crucified. No player I've seen play in the last 10 years (maybe besides like a Nash or a Kidd) makes his teammates better than LeBron. His passes aren't remarkable??? What are you watching?

harm0n1x
02-03-2010, 01:23 AM
Could be. They are better than last year. Won't say that it "is" their year. Don't think anyone can say who's year it is.

It could be LA's year again.
It could be Orlando's.
It could be Boston's.
It could be Denver's.
It could be Utah's.
It could be Dallas'.

You get the point.

And to jay87shot, you absolutely deserved to get crucified. No player I've seen play in the last 10 years (maybe besides like a Nash or a Kidd) makes his teammates better than LeBron. His passes aren't remarkable??? What are you watching?

Exactly dude, that's why I said I wasn't counting anyone out. And yeah, jay87shot has no clue about Lebron making that team look as good as they are lol.

dominater6192
02-03-2010, 01:31 AM
I can see them getting to finals but I do not see them beating the Lakers. The Cavs do not have the starting talent or depth that the Lakers do.

still1ballin
02-03-2010, 01:33 AM
No

Derick713
02-03-2010, 01:34 AM
They don't have the holes they had last year. The Magic and Celtics have changed quite a bit. The Celtics are older and more injury prone. The Magic aren't a match-up nightmare anymore.

They've played well without Maurice Williams, Delonte West, and Jamario Moon during certain points.

ko8e24
02-03-2010, 01:37 AM
They LOOKED better against bad teams.

:confused: They were 39-1 at home with LeBron

JordansBulls
02-03-2010, 01:37 AM
I'm really not trying to be a homer but, I've seen basically every Cavs game this season and they're looking very, very good at this point. It seems as if they're finally realizing how to utilize Shaq (and his numbers have greatly increased these last few weeks), Lebron is as good as ever, and the rest of the cast is playing great without Mo and Delonte. Anderson Verajao is looking like a serious 6th man of the year candidate. I really wouldn't trade anything for Andy. I can't say regular season wins mean much, but unlike last year, where the Cavs were crushing bad teams, and either squeaking by or losing to legit teams. This season they are beating all the contenders, sometimes by a lot, or sometimes by a little. The team chemistry is just as good as last years team, and Shaq fits perfectly in with that chemisty. There's many Cavs fans wanting a trade for Jamison, Stoudemire, Iguodala, etc. But why? Leave this team be, they look completely fine. I'm not counting out Boston, Orlando, or Atlanta, or anyone else for that matter, but something just seems to fit like glue with this team. What's everyone else's opinion?

Last year was their year. Best Record in the league, top 4 offensive and defensive team. Highest SRS rating along with highest average margin of victory and held teams to the lowest ppg all year. Also both Orlando and Boston had star players injured.

But I do think they have a chance to win it all this year. Not as well as last year, but still a great opportunity. It would be like Miami in 2005 vs Miami in 2006.

Derick713
02-03-2010, 01:38 AM
I think Denver is the only team that can beat the Cavs in the Finals. The Cavs are built to match-up with the Lakers, Magic, and Celtics. Denver is more talented than those teams. Billups, Melo, and Nene cancel out Williams, James, and O'Neal. I like Smith and Martin over Varejao and West. I like Lawson over Gibson.

_KB24_
02-03-2010, 01:40 AM
They were better last year and we all know how that turned out. I don't think that they can make it pass a healthy Boston or Orlando in the playoffs.

Giantwarrior
02-03-2010, 01:41 AM
i dont know if the caves can beat the Magic in a best of 7.

ElMarroAfamado
02-03-2010, 01:44 AM
hardly....neither the cavs or celtics will make it to the nba finals so its gonna be up in the air

ko8e24
02-03-2010, 01:51 AM
hardly....neither the cavs or celtics will make it to the nba finals so its gonna be up in the air

ok, so who is gonna be in ur opinion?

CAVS21
02-03-2010, 02:01 AM
My view as of now is that the Cavs will never win a championship with LeBron on the team. I'm going to get cruxcified but he doesn't make his teammates better like MJ, Magic, Bird and other greats did. Yes he averages 7 or 8 assist but they aren't of remarkable passes. How many times do u see him on sportscenter for a good pass. I watched some recent interviews with Bron and noticed that he would be a McDonalds employee for life if he wasn't 6'8 and a beast, not a smart person. They have a very good chance this year but they need to take of the tutu's quit dancing and focus on the game. They look like a bunch of clowns or high school girls at times. They might make the finals but no way they beat the Lakers, Spurs, or other top West teams.

:speechless::facepalm:

Are you serious bro?? he doesnt make his teammates better??? hmmm let's see, Jawad Williams without LBJ? would never touch the hardwood in the NBA if not for Bron....how bout Big Z? nothing without Bron...shall i go on? oh yea, JJ Hickson, you sir apparently don't watch Cavs games, since when does a normal bounce not count as relevant? and if the kid wasn't smart he wouldn't be making the money he is, he obviously has good people around him because he's making proper life choices that will not only benefit him but his grand children as well, you must be mad that you're flippin burgers and not in his shoes.

and what's wrong with people having fun doing their job? I enjoy they way they enjoy their work.

And this IS their year.....the Spurs won't make the finals so we won't have to embarrass them for revenge....and the Lakers, they are so soft its stupid albeit a cavs-lakers finals would probably be the most entertaining in a long time

you're an idiot and here's another..............:facepalm:

CAVS21
02-03-2010, 02:05 AM
i dont know if the caves can beat the Magic in a best of 7.

the magic blew their chance at a return trip to the finals by trading for VC....the loss of Lee and Hedo is a HUGE blow to Orlando and they wont even beat the Hawks

Raph12
02-03-2010, 02:08 AM
The point I'm trying to make is I get to watch almost every single one of their 82 games a season. Last year they didn't fair well against legit opponents, and beat up on the weak ones. This season they are beating the good teams and either barely beating or kicking the **** out of bad teams. There's a difference this year. Maybe it's just me, but they look a hell of a lot better.

I agree they look better, but so does the rest of the league... In the playoffs, they'll play at least 2 of the other 3 elite teams in the East (Magic, Celtics and Hawks) and then they'll have to play one of the elite Western teams in the Finals.

There's a long way to go, not gonna jump on the bandwagon and say "this is their year" just yet.

CAVS21
02-03-2010, 02:10 AM
I think Denver is the only team that can beat the Cavs in the Finals. The Cavs are built to match-up with the Lakers, Magic, and Celtics. Denver is more talented than those teams. Billups, Melo, and Nene cancel out Williams, James, and O'Neal. I like Smith and Martin over Varejao and West. I like Lawson over Gibson.

:clap:....good point..I think as a Cavs fan I'd rather watch them play Denver in the Finals.

soonabooma
02-03-2010, 02:10 AM
This could very well be the Cavs year. Lebron is playing out of his mind and they are playing good team ball. Based on what I've seen, they have as good of a chance as anybody. They've been the most consistent team in the East, Boston and Orlando are very hot and cold, and the Hawks are solid but not quite there yet. And in the West, LA is still the team to beat. Even though teams like Denver, Dallas, and maybe even Utah are solid enough to give them a challenge, it's still very likely that the Lakers get back to the finals. A Lakers/Cavs final would be insane.

Lakersfan2483
02-03-2010, 02:11 AM
They looked better last year, weren't they like 40-1 at home? They also won 66 games and had the top record in the NBA.

Raph12
02-03-2010, 02:33 AM
the magic blew their chance at a return trip to the finals by trading for VC....the loss of Lee and Hedo is a HUGE blow to Orlando and they wont even beat the Hawks

Right that's why we're 3-0 vs Atlanta and 2-1 vs Boston, and 2nd in the East... the Cavs beat us early in the season without Shard or Anderson, with Dwight fouling out in the first two minutes of the game.

Their next matchup is next week, they will play in Cleveland where the Cavs will be well-rested, whereas the Magic will have played their 4th game in 5 nights all at different destinations.

The real measuring-stick matchup will come on February 21st and another on April 11th, when both teams are well-rested and will be looking to prove something to one another heading into the final stretch of games to finish the season strong.

GodsSon
02-03-2010, 02:36 AM
I was thinking about this earlier today...and I think they just might get it

GoatMilk
02-03-2010, 02:38 AM
their whole team disappears in the playoffs minus lebron (i know shaq wasnt there)

gotta wait and see.

Chacarron
02-03-2010, 02:54 AM
:clap:....good point..I think as a Cavs fan I'd rather watch them play Denver in the Finals.

Because you know you'll get swept by my Lakers. ;)

ko8e24
02-03-2010, 03:21 AM

You have just proven that you are one scared little Cavs fans. All other Cavs fans should be ashamed of you.

Remember to be the man, you have to BEAT THE MAN (KOBE BRYANT)

soonabooma
02-03-2010, 03:23 AM
They looked better last year, weren't they like 40-1 at home? They also won 66 games and had the top record in the NBA.

That might be the whole point though......they LOOKED better last year, but maybe they actually ARE better this year. They overachieved during the regular season last year and appeared to be much better than they really were, kinda like the Mavs a few years ago. They were good no question, but they couldn't finish strong. But this year, there's not really anything overrated about them, they're just going out every night and playing hard and playing well. And they've proven that they can beat anybody. It's gonna be interesting to see what happens.

shep33
02-03-2010, 03:49 AM
I dunno, I still think a healthy Boston or Orlando even can beat them. Orlando causes matchup problems with Lewis, and their bench is great, plus they basically have 3-4 guys always on the court that can hit the 3. I know Cleveland beat them earlier in the year but that was without Lewis, Ryan Anderson, and D12 only taking 3 shots the whole game (went 3-3). Everyone thought they were gonna win last year, they had the best record and destroyed everyone in the 1st 2 rounds of the playoffs. I know everyone says boston is done, but i dunno, if they come up with a minor trade to upgrade their scoring, and they get healthy they'll be fine. Atlanta is solid, and ithink they can beat Boston, but probably not the Cavs. I dunno, they could win the east, but I think LA can still beat them.

CAVS21
02-03-2010, 04:54 AM
I dunno, I still think a healthy Boston or Orlando even can beat them. Orlando causes matchup problems with Lewis, and their bench is great, plus they basically have 3-4 guys always on the court that can hit the 3. I know Cleveland beat them earlier in the year but that was without Lewis, Ryan Anderson, and D12 only taking 3 shots the whole game (went 3-3). Everyone thought they were gonna win last year, they had the best record and destroyed everyone in the 1st 2 rounds of the playoffs. I know everyone says boston is done, but i dunno, if they come up with a minor trade to upgrade their scoring, and they get healthy they'll be fine. Atlanta is solid, and ithink they can beat Boston, but probably not the Cavs. I dunno, they could win the east, but I think LA can still beat them.

Idk that without Hedo, who along with Lee and Lewis caused us absolute fits last year in the ECF that the Magic are a huge problem to us...dont get me wrong it would still be a good series just IMO the cavs are better this year as orlando was the better team last year....I think with the playing time Jawad Williams is getting right now that if need be LBJ would play the 4 to guard Lewis with Andy Jawad Moon and Mo(right now Gibson)...that lineup sans Mo has been amazing defensively of late and would be tough for Orlando. cant wait for the playoffs though it's gunna be fun:clap:

CAVS21
02-03-2010, 04:59 AM
Right that's why we're 3-0 vs Atlanta and 2-1 vs Boston, and 2nd in the East... the Cavs beat us early in the season without Shard or Anderson, with Dwight fouling out in the first two minutes of the game.

Their next matchup is next week, they will play in Cleveland where the Cavs will be well-rested, whereas the Magic will have played their 4th game in 5 nights all at different destinations.

The real measuring-stick matchup will come on February 21st and another on April 11th, when both teams are well-rested and will be looking to prove something to one another heading into the final stretch of games to finish the season strong.

I just think Atlanta's better and that's my opinion and it won't change.....without Hedo you aren't better than Cleveland and I know that I'm not the only person who knows that.....

don't worry though come playoff time Lakers fans will be Magic fans too because they are deathly afraid of us and what we can and have done to their soft cushion like front line ahaha....

3ballbomber
02-03-2010, 05:00 AM
no

StrandedCub
02-03-2010, 05:44 AM
Could it be? Absolutely. Like somebody else said though, it could be Denver, LA, Boston, or Orlandos year as well. Those are the only 5 teams that I think can win a championship IF HEALTHY.

stawka
02-03-2010, 06:32 AM
Could it be? Definitely. Cavs/Lakers/Boston/Orlando/Denver are all in serious consideration for the title. The Cavs started off slow, and by slow... I mean BAD! Everyone was worried, and the haters were loving it. People with a little logic knew the Cavs would mesh later on and they're coming well together now.

Come Playoff time, I don't think anyone can stop them but the Celtics. Dwight won't be as effective and Carter won't kill the Cavs like Turk did. The Hawks won't match with the Cavs come Playoff's, but I think Boston will cause a lot of troubles to the Cavs -- therefore I'm hoping the Hawks or Magic knock 'em off first.

In the West, I don't see anyone beating LA. The Lakers have way too much firepower. Their frontcourt is ridiculous, the bench (Odom) beats out any other teams full bench, and they have that guy on their team that's pretty good. What's his name? Oh yeah, Kobe

PJAF
02-03-2010, 07:27 AM
Yes.

Cavs_Fan24
02-03-2010, 08:33 AM
This is the year. They are starting to beat the top teams inlike last season and that is the difference. Our record prolly won't be as good, but as long as were healthy, I'm expecting a championship. Making to the finals isn't a big enough accomplishment right now because it's basically do or die.

THIS IS THE YEAR!

Raph12
02-03-2010, 12:30 PM
I just think Atlanta's better and that's my opinion and it won't change.....without Hedo you aren't better than Cleveland and I know that I'm not the only person who knows that.....

don't worry though come playoff time Lakers fans will be Magic fans too because they are deathly afraid of us and what we can and have done to their soft cushion like front line ahaha....

Magic fans aren't afraid of the Cavs, Lebron is the only guy who can't be stopped on your team, everyone else will just be watching the show like last year. We'll see what happens in the playoffs. Btw you gotta beat Boston to be able to make the Finals and from what I remember, they beat you on your home floor.

igPay atinLay
02-03-2010, 12:58 PM
If they don't make a trade they don't win a title and they lose Lebron. Maybe the don't have to win a title but they need a strong finals appearance to keep him. The Celtics and the Magic can beat the Cavs in a series and if the Hawks get really hot they could beat them. Not saying any of them would be favorites but without anther option they are very vulnerable.

JordansBulls
02-03-2010, 03:17 PM
Well they will have another guy this playoffs that can draw fouls and score at times in Shaq.

CAVS21
02-04-2010, 12:40 AM
Because you know you'll get swept by my Lakers. ;)

not even close...Kobe is it other than that they're soft man our front line manhandles Pau-la Gasol and Andrea Bynum....the Nuggets would be a better series all around...i think the lakers cavs possibility is only entertaining because of Kobe and LeBron

CAVS21
02-04-2010, 12:43 AM
Magic fans aren't afraid of the Cavs, Lebron is the only guy who can't be stopped on your team, everyone else will just be watching the show like last year. We'll see what happens in the playoffs. Btw you gotta beat Boston to be able to make the Finals and from what I remember, they beat you on your home floor.

do you not watch basketball? The next time they're on national tv go ahead and watch....they are a total team now unlike in the past. and the celtics wont beat us in a 7 game series get real:facepalm:

Chacarron
02-04-2010, 12:46 AM
not even close...Kobe is it other than that they're soft man our front line manhandles Pau-la Gasol and Andrea Bynum....the Nuggets would be a better series all around...i think the lakers cavs possibility is only entertaining because of Kobe and LeBron

I cannot take anything serious because you are a homer. I would love to see the Cavs-Lakers in the Finals because it would definitely be fun to watch. I don't see how a series against the Thugets would be better. I can see you are scared of the Lakers because you come and take shots at Gasol and Bynum. It's cool man it's ok to have fear once in a while.

youngNets34
02-04-2010, 12:49 AM
hahahaa Nooooo look out for the new jersey nets to win the championship this year
They do the impossible!!!

but on a serious note I give them a 50% chance of winning it this year
My guess is that they will make it to the finals this year and face the Lakers or the Nuggets

But they will make it to the finals

cmstophe
02-04-2010, 02:54 AM

The first game of the season bro...I think the Cavs have come a loooooooooooooooooong way..

THE MTL
02-04-2010, 03:04 AM
Cavs are best team in the league and played stretches without Delonte and Mo Williams as well as severely limiting Shaq's minutes.

Im getting worried about 2010 for the Knicks. Would Lebron seriously leave the best team in the league??? (eventhough I do believe our supporting cast would be better post-2010).

Anyway, if they get that power forward (Jamison, West, Murphy, etc) they pretty much got it. I dont think they should get Iggy though, while his defense and his ability to play the SG/SF are great. He might throw off chemistry cause right now he recieves the star treatment in Philly.

igPay atinLay
02-04-2010, 03:17 AM
Cavs are best team in the league and played stretches without Delonte and Mo Williams as well as severely limiting Shaq's minutes.

Im getting worried about 2010 for the Knicks. Would Lebron seriously leave the best team in the league??? (eventhough I do believe our supporting cast would be better post-2010).

Anyway, if they get that power forward (Jamison, West, Murphy, etc) they pretty much got it. I dont think they should get Iggy though, while his defense and his ability to play the SG/SF are great. He might throw off chemistry cause right now he recieves the star treatment in Philly.

Now thats just not true. The city is realistic on what he is and does not treat him like a number 1. Most of the city from what I have read, heard on the local radio, and people I have talked to don't give him the star treatment at all. Where did you get your facts...or are you just making assumptions without knowledge?

CAVS21
02-04-2010, 03:49 AM
I cannot take anything serious because you are a homer. I would love to see the Cavs-Lakers in the Finals because it would definitely be fun to watch. I don't see how a series against the Thugets would be better. I can see you are scared of the Lakers because you come and take shots at Gasol and Bynum. It's cool man it's ok to have fear once in a while.

they're soft dude ,no doubt that our bigs scare the hell out of those two, the team that scares me to be honest is Atlanta if we don't get more athletic before the deadline.....sure I'm a homer, what fan isn't? But I also try to watch as many NBA games as I can and I truthfully don't think the Lakers Magic or Celtics can beat the Cavs in a 7 game series, I really don't. That being said I also know that once the playoffs get here anything can happen i.e. last season when Cleveland won 66 and got handled by Orlando in the ECF....

lakerboy
02-04-2010, 07:25 AM
LMAO at all the Cavs bandwagoners here. Your team plays well in January and you already talking about June.

What happened last year when the Cavs were bounced? All of yall disappeared in the forum.

runforrestrunx9
02-04-2010, 07:48 AM

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

kobebabe
02-04-2010, 08:02 AM
I get to see all their games, you obviously don't see all the great assists lebron makes dude. Yeah, a lot of them are normal passes, but some are great no look, behind the back passes. And if it wasn't for him, that team wouldn't be who they are. He DEFINITELY make his teamates look better. By the way, I see him on SC with a lot of great passes.

Why did you post this thread if you are ripping other people's opinion. Your opinion is not everbody's and so you need to let people answer your question and stop ripping each and every answer!!! :facepalm:

Now to answer your qsn. They look a whole lot better than they did last year and i agree they are beatig the elits and it might be their season but do not forget they have to play against teams like Orlando and if healthy, a good celtic team to make it to the finals. IMO, hawks can give them a scare too.
The west is tough and so they would have their work cut out for them. They have a legit chance but i do not think it is their year yet.....

Don Starks
02-04-2010, 09:24 AM
its hard to say if this is the cavs year, since they tend to dominate during the regular season and then, not necessarily fall off in the playoffs, but for some reason they just havent gotten over that hump. for some reason i feel like they might get bumped off by the hawks this year.

i think last year everyone was surprised (for the most part)when they lost to the magic. yes i know the cavs lost the regular season series to the magic and in retrospect it wasn't that surprising, but going into that series i think most people would have put their money on the cavs since they were playoff vets and the magic werent. this year i think the hawks are the dark horse that will knock off the cavs, and since danny ferry has spent all this time assembling a team that matches up well against the lakers and
the magic and the celtics they could very well get upset by joe johnson and the hawks.

the cavs tend to prepare for teams that have already beaten them, like in 08 when they lost to the celtics, then spent the next year making a team that could stop kg, paul pierce and allen. then they ended up playing the magic and had no idea what to do. Danny Ferry must have said "O, *****, we arent ready for these guys". now this year they are set to take on dwight and the magic since they have shaq, but if they get the hawks in the playoffs, Danny Ferry is going to be like "O, *****, we arent ready for these guys".

pebloemer
02-04-2010, 09:43 AM
They are my pick to win the Eastern Conference. Could be an epic NBA Finals against LA.

BkOriginalOne
02-04-2010, 09:48 AM
Honestly, I think Lebron will take longer to win a title than other stars in his talent range did.
I say this because, I still think that the Cavs aren't not constructed to maximize James' potential.
Also, Mike Brown is the wrong coach for the Job.

Zefflin
02-04-2010, 10:04 AM
They are my pick to win the Eastern Conference. Could be an epic NBA Finals against LA.

Honestly, I think Lebron will take longer to win a title than other stars in his talent range did.
I say this because, I still think that the Cavs aren't not constructed to maximize James' potential.
Also, Mike Brown is the wrong coach for the Job.

^^^

kobebabe
02-04-2010, 10:10 AM
its hard to say if this is the cavs year, since they tend to dominate during the regular season and then, not necessarily fall off in the playoffs, but for some reason they just havent gotten over that hump. for some reason i feel like they might get bumped off by the hawks this year.

i think last year everyone was surprised (for the most part)when they lost to the magic. yes i know the cavs lost the regular season series to the magic and in retrospect it wasn't that surprising, but going into that series i think most people would have put their money on the cavs since they were playoff vets and the magic werent. this year i think the hawks are the dark horse that will knock off the cavs, and since danny ferry has spent all this time assembling a team that matches up well against the lakers and
the magic and the celtics they could very well get upset by joe johnson and the hawks.
the cavs tend to prepare for teams that have already beaten them, like in 08 when they lost to the celtics, then spent the next year making a team that could stop kg, paul pierce and allen. then they ended up playing the magic and had no idea what to do. Danny Ferry must have said "O, *****, we arent ready for these guys". now this year they are set to take on dwight and the magic since they have shaq, but if they get the hawks in the playoffs, Danny Ferry is going to be like "O, *****, we arent ready for these guys".

:clap: Smart thoughts. That is exactly what i think. They ain't ready for the Hawks and they will be shocked once again that an unexpected team beat the hell out of them. If anyone has any doubts about the hawks, may be they need to start watching ball games a lil bit more. These guys are too athletic, young and what is more, they believe they can beat anyone. Ask the Celtics what they think abt them and while they at it, they may wonna warn the cavs abt them......

Heck.....may be this is Hawks year too......

Chacarron
02-04-2010, 03:03 PM
they're soft dude ,no doubt that our bigs scare the hell out of those two, the team that scares me to be honest is Atlanta if we don't get more athletic before the deadline.....sure I'm a homer, what fan isn't? But I also try to watch as many NBA games as I can and I truthfully don't think the Lakers Magic or Celtics can beat the Cavs in a 7 game series, I really don't. That being said I also know that once the playoffs get here anything can happen i.e. last season when Cleveland won 66 and got handled by Orlando in the ECF....

You know when the playoffs come around, Lebron is going to want to put it on his shoulders to get them to the Finals because of what happened last year, and that may cost the Cavaliers a game or 2, maybe even a series. Something I see happening in the playoffs for you guys is Shaq being a liability because he will get in foul trouble and when fouled will miss free throws. Teams playing against the Cavs are going to make sure they take out Shaq out of the game as soon as possible.

Mr.G
02-04-2010, 03:47 PM

Denver will be tough for anybody,no doubt.I'll give you Billups over Mo,but Melo and Nene DO NOT cancel out James and Shaq by any stretch.I like Martin,but he never stays healthy for an entire year and Andy just does so many things.Lawson and Gibson are not going to decide anything and West is better anyway.This series would come down to who plays the best Defense,I'd still give the edge to the Cavs.

CAVS21
02-04-2010, 04:22 PM
You know when the playoffs come around, Lebron is going to want to put it on his shoulders to get them to the Finals because of what happened last year, and that may cost the Cavaliers a game or 2, maybe even a series. Something I see happening in the playoffs for you guys is Shaq being a liability because he will get in foul trouble and when fouled will miss free throws. Teams playing against the Cavs are going to make sure they take out Shaq out of the game as soon as possible.

I agree 99% with this post, I just think LBJ has gotten alot smarter than to let us lose an entire series of him taking the team squarely on his shoulders

Chacarron
02-04-2010, 04:44 PM
I agree 99% with this post, I just think LBJ has gotten alot smarter than to let us lose an entire series of him taking the team squarely on his shoulders

I think he has the capability to take you guys to the Finals (he already did it once) but you never know because teams in the East have improved significantly.

CAVS21
02-05-2010, 04:57 AM
I think he has the capability to take you guys to the Finals (he already did it once) but you never know because teams in the East have improved significantly.

You're right and the team around him as a whole is so much better than they've ever been while LBJs been a Cavalier

THISISDAYEAR
02-06-2010, 04:17 PM
No the Magic, Celtics and Hawks have more depth than the Cavs w/ only Mo, Shaq and King James.

WITZ
02-06-2010, 04:26 PM
No the Magic, Celtics and Hawks have more depth than the Cavs w/ only Mo, Shaq and King James.

Hahaha seriously more depth they have their 3rd string PG starting and are 7-0 I think that speaks of there depth.

Gibby23
02-06-2010, 04:52 PM
No, they never win it all. Look it up, never happened and it's not changing this year.

nipo10847
02-06-2010, 05:16 PM
My view as of now is that the Cavs will never win a championship with LeBron on the team. I'm going to get cruxcified but he doesn't make his teammates better like MJ, Magic, Bird :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:and other greats did. Yes he averages 7 or 8 assist but they aren't of remarkable passes. How many times do u see him on sportscenter for a good pass. I watched some recent interviews with Bron and noticed that he would be a McDonalds employee for life if he wasn't 6'8 and a beast, not a smart person. They have a very good chance this year but they need to take of the tutu's quit dancing and focus on the game. They look like a bunch of clowns or high school girls at times. They might make the finals but no way they beat the Lakers, Spurs, or other top West teams.

what does this have to do with this thread????? It's like you are saying no one won a championship after those guys. And LeBron makes teammates better than anyone else not named probably nash and paul.