PDA

View Full Version : Props to Kmart

BkOriginalOne
02-02-2010, 07:27 PM
If you guys haven't been following Nuggets basketball, as I have.
Kmart is playing like it's 2003.
While most of the Nuggets, Billups, Lawson, Afflalo, and Nene, have stepped their games up in the absence of Melo, I think none has improved more than Kmart.

Kmart in December - 13 games
9.9 ppg
9.2 rpg
0.9 bpg
1.2 spg
1.4 apg
45.1% from the floor.

Kmart in January - 15 games
14.9ppg
11.3rpg
0.8bpg
1.0spg
2.3apg
51% from the floor.

Last 5 games, w/o Melo.
16.4ppg
9.8rpg
0.8bpg
0.6spg
2.4apg
57% from the floor.

He has really picked up the slack on the offensive end while Melo rests, just in time a series of big games.
The Suns, The Lakers, Utah, Dallas, San Antonio and The Cavs.

I say they go 6-0, yep, you heard me.

ChiSox219
02-02-2010, 07:31 PM
He has been play well, and really so have the Nuggets. Afflalo was a great pickup, Chauncey should be an all-star, Nene is an absolute beat and you have two great energy guys that pack a punch off the bench with Chris and JR. Oh and that Carmelo fellow ain't having a bad year either.

The Lakers should watch their backs.

Kohaku
02-02-2010, 07:49 PM
I think 6-0 is a bit unrealistic here lol.

ManRam
02-02-2010, 07:55 PM
I caught a bit of the game the other night. He looked like a new man. Definitely stepping up to the occasion. Props well deserved.

6-0 isn't gonna happen, but Denver may be the hottest team in the league right now. Half those games are on the road too. Beating LA, Cleveland and Utah at home might be the hardest thing to do in basketball.

Kakaroach
02-02-2010, 08:01 PM
He did have a fantastic night. He does it on defense, but he can't put numbers like that on offense every night. Especially once Melo comes back.

bahama0811
02-02-2010, 08:03 PM
He did have a fantastic night. He does it on defense, but he can't put numbers like that on offense every night. Especially once Melo comes back.

He's not asked to put up numbers like that on a regular basis. I think the Nuggets would be happy if he put up 14/10 on a regular basis. Anything above that is just gravy. On most nights they just want him to be a stopper on defense. The points have just been an added bonus lately.

TheKing23
02-02-2010, 08:39 PM
Only professional athlete to ever come back from TWO microfracture knee surgeries, and he's still playing at a high level. He hasn't lost all his explosiveness as well.

It's such a great story, i'm really happy for him and the Nuggets.

Kakaroach
02-02-2010, 08:41 PM
He's not asked to put up numbers like that on a regular basis. I think the Nuggets would be happy if he put up 14/10 on a regular basis. Anything above that is just gravy. On most nights they just want him to be a stopper on defense. The points have just been an added bonus lately. Yeah, which was my point. :o

Anytime your 4th (or 5th i dunno) option on offense gets 15+ points, its for sure a bonus.