PDA

View Full Version : Which team NEEDS to make a trade the most ?

sixerfixer
02-02-2010, 01:16 PM
This is not some " Trade Idea " thread per se. But what I am asking is, which NBA team do you all feel needs to make a trade the most, and why.
I'll go first..( Since I started the thread ) :)

My western conference team...Oklahoma City.

Right now OKC is in a battle with Memphis, Houston, and New Orleans for that 8th and final playoff spot. And, I really think that being that OKC is that
states ONLY Pro franchise, and that they have maybe the BEST young Star player..( Behind Lebron and Kobe )..in Kevin Durant, I just think that team
NEEDS to do whatev er they have to, to secure a playoff spot, so that they
can get some " NATIONAL " TV expossure for their " Star ", and get that city excited. And, seeing as how their BEST rebounder is Durant, and he only averages barely over 7 a gama, well I think a good Rebounding, and defensive-playing Big might just put them over the top.

My Eastern conference team that most needs to make a trade...The Miami Heat!

Look, right now I know they're the 8th seed. But, they have been struggling of late. And the upstart Bucks are right on their BUTT! Miami's Center, Jermaine O'Neal, just got injured again, and although he was having a decent season, it seems right about the time in the season that his body does it's yearly breakdown. And the Heat have one of the leagues best players in D.Wade. And he CAN Opt-out of his deal after this season, even though I think he doesn't want too. But I also think that Wade doesn't want to wait, maybe miss the playoffs, and HOPE that the Heat can lure a Big name free agent after this year with all their cap money. I think the Heat would be better suited in using the expiring deals of say a JON, and a Q.Richardson to
bring in a " Legit " young talent or two, and thereby increase their odds that Wade stays in South Florida.

Anyways, those are my two teams that I feel need to make a trade the most.
What say you ?

RaptorizedKevin
02-02-2010, 01:18 PM
Toronto raptors, need to do something bout turkoglu. the heat will get studemire, they have the most legitamite chance to aquire him. and two all starts playing on one team, will get the heat far.

jsumadchat
02-02-2010, 01:26 PM
the raps. not because turk is playing piss poor, (i do believe deep down he will turn it around) but because i PERSONALLY think they are one piece away from being great as opposed to mediocre/good. not elite... but right there

mikantsass
02-02-2010, 01:33 PM
the Bulls - they need to clear cap space for next year

29$JerZ
02-02-2010, 01:35 PM
NY

If they can't dump Jared Jefferies on any team then they may as well see what current stars are available since 2010 will only bring 1 Max and Lee resigned at the most.

Young and Stupid
02-02-2010, 01:57 PM
Atlanta and Denver both have to get consistent low-post scorers if they really want to contend.

joeboow90
02-02-2010, 02:17 PM
I thnk the Rockets should make a move. get rid of mcgradys contract, they should try to get a deal done with Phx for Amare or Toronto for Bosh then they'll be up there to challenge the Lakers for the West

Raph12
02-02-2010, 02:22 PM
Boston... too old to do any damage deep into the playoffs.

Tony_Starks
02-02-2010, 02:28 PM
In the East its Miami, hands down. They're mired in mediocrity and if they want a strong chance at bringing Wade back next year they have to make a move. Another first round exit or even worse missing the playoffs entirely would be devastating to them IMO.

Out West its definitely Phoenix. The Amare situation has come to a cross roads and its obvious he's not in the future plans. They need to get the best package of young talent and draft picks they can and just cut their losses before he walks. For all intents and purposes this season is done for them.

Stunner
02-02-2010, 02:34 PM
Atlanda and Denver both have to get consistent low-post scorers if they really want to contend.

WTF is Atlanda is that some far away land with flying monkeys?

Blackjack24
02-02-2010, 02:38 PM
My thoughts are Toronto and Phoenix. Both have expiring bigs that are iffy or altogether unlikely to return. Getting assets in return would be pivotal to maintaining a high level of play into the future.

dominater6192
the raps. not because turk is playing piss poor, (i do believe deep down he will turn it around) but because i PERSONALLY think they are one piece away from being great as opposed to mediocre/good. not elite... but right there
I'm not going to argue with the fact that you think Toronto would be great because although I diagree it's your opinion.
But just wondering who does Toronto (besides Bosh) have that they could trade for a piece? It seems that besides their starting 5 they only have players with bad contracts or lesser bench players.

Pierzynski4Prez
Bulls, we have many of the pieces that teams would be interested in. Plenty of expiring contracts (Miller, Jerome James, Tim Thomas), a young player with lots of potential who possibly just needs a change of scenery (Tyrus Thomas), a 2009 1st round pick who is still raw (James Johnson), a veteran wingman who has a small contract (salmons), and a veteran PG with nice defensive skills (Hinrich).

Stunner
02-02-2010, 02:40 PM
Bulls, we have many of the pieces that teams would be interested in. Plenty of expiring contracts (Miller, Jerome James, Tim Thomas), a young player with lots of potential who possibly just needs a change of scenery (Tyrus Thomas), a 2009 1st round pick who is still raw (James Johnson), a veteran wingman who has a small contract (salmons), and a veteran PG with nice defensive skills (Hinrich).

He doesnt play for the Bulls anymore. :facepalm:

Pierzynski4Prez
02-02-2010, 02:41 PM
He doesnt play for the Bulls anymore. :facepalm:

Yes, but his contract still counts against our team salary.

:facepalm:

Stunner
02-02-2010, 02:49 PM
Yes, but his contract still counts against our team salary.

:facepalm:

no it doesnt

only

Larry Hughes

Noch

and Tabo does :facepalm:

arkanian215
02-02-2010, 02:58 PM
This is not some " Trade Idea " thread per se. But what I am asking is, which NBA team do you all feel needs to make a trade the most, and why.

Right now OKC is in a battle with Memphis, Houston, and New Orleans for that 8th and final playoff spot. And, I really think that being that OKC is that
states ONLY Pro franchise, and that they have maybe the BEST young Star player..( Behind Lebron and Kobe )..in Kevin Durant, I just think that team
can get some " NATIONAL " TV expossure for their " Star ", and get that city excited. And, seeing as how their BEST rebounder is Durant, and he only averages barely over 7 a gama, well I think a good Rebounding, and defensive-playing Big might just put them over the top.

Look, right now I know they're the 8th seed. But, they have been struggling of late. And the upstart Bucks are right on their BUTT! Miami's Center, Jermaine O'Neal, just got injured again, and although he was having a decent season, it seems right about the time in the season that his body does it's yearly breakdown. And the Heat have one of the leagues best players in D.Wade. And he CAN Opt-out of his deal after this season, even though I think he doesn't want too. But I also think that Wade doesn't want to wait, maybe miss the playoffs, and HOPE that the Heat can lure a Big name free agent after this year with all their cap money. I think the Heat would be better suited in using the expiring deals of say a JON, and a Q.Richardson to
bring in a " Legit " young talent or two, and thereby increase their odds that Wade stays in South Florida.

What say you ?

okc could move etan thomas and his expiring for a better player. doubt they'll mess with the building project here though.

Pierzynski4Prez
02-02-2010, 03:07 PM
no it doesnt

only

Larry Hughes

Noch

and Tabo does :facepalm:

I'm sorry, but where do you get your info from? This is basketball, not baseball where you can pay part of contracts for other teams. NY pays for ALL of Hughes contract, same with Sac and Noc, OKC and Thabo. Read up please on how this **** works before you go facepalming something for which you obviously deserve a 1,000 of them yourself.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/teams/team.asp?team_id=27

Go to the bottom of this page, and tell me where you see Hughes, Noc, and Thabo. Then try the teams that those guys are on and tell me if they are there. Oh, and look for Tim Thomas on the Bulls list of salaries for 09-10, because that's there too.

Tony_Starks
02-02-2010, 03:07 PM
NY

If they can't dump Jared Jefferies on any team then they may as well see what current stars are available since 2010 will only bring 1 Max and Lee resigned at the most.

What are your thoughts on trying to package Lee now for a 2010 guy like Bosh or Amare? That way you already have one star in place to re-sign and the situation would look more attractive to other FA's?

I just say that because Im of the serious opinion that while NY waits for you know who to make his mind up somebody is going to overpay Lee.

Stunner
02-02-2010, 03:10 PM
I'm sorry, but where do you get your info from? This is basketball, not baseball where you can pay part of contracts for other teams. NY pays for ALL of Hughes contract, same with Sac and Noc, OKC and Thabo. Read up please on how this **** works before you go facepalming something for which you obviously deserve a 1,000 of them yourself.

Go to the bottom of this page, and tell me where you see Hughes, Noc, and Thabo. Then try the teams that those guys are on and tell me if they are there. Oh, and look for Tim Thomas on the Bulls list of salaries for 09-10, because that's there too.

My bad got if off the ESPN trade machine they had Hughes, Noch, and Tabo some of their salary as Trade exceptions.

EricU812
02-02-2010, 03:13 PM
The wizards need to trade away Butler/Jamison...maybe even Heywood if the price is right. They need to change their franchise around. Not just because of Gilbert, but because they sucked with him in the lineup too.

sixerfixer
02-02-2010, 03:28 PM
Wow! I didn't think this thread would get much feedback. Great posts/opinions
all the way around guys. Can't disagree with anyone here cause, it's solely based
on differing opinions. I still say it would be great if OKC could some how get a better Center who can board and play a little defense. Maybe Etan Thomas and a 1st rounder for
the Clippers M.Camby ???

SA5195
02-02-2010, 03:33 PM
Raptors - Need about 1 more good player to be considered a dangerous team.

LE-SHAQ
02-02-2010, 03:36 PM
The Cavs, the single biggest deal in the NBA is where is Lebron going. The Cavs have the advantage, but with expiring contract of Big Z and the S/T of Wally coupled with the league economics this is our last chance to get an IMPAcT player to team with Lebron. Everyone is dumping salaries mostly for overpaid talent Lebron is like Magic in that he makes guys better (look at our teams without any other real all-stars) WHEN the Cavs go get the right guy to team with Lebron we WILL have a dynasty and THE KING stays HOME

jsumadchat
02-02-2010, 03:43 PM

how does that work... thats gotta be a typo because tim thomas is in dallas, no?

dominater6192
02-02-2010, 03:46 PM
how does that work... thats gotta be a typo because tim thomas is in dallas, no?

Yeah but Bulls had him under contract for 2009-2010 but they bought him out. And then he signed with Dallas

irobson
02-02-2010, 04:02 PM
damn i wish the wizards could pick up tyrus thomas

daleja424
02-02-2010, 04:07 PM
def miami...we need to show wade we are serious...

bmanjones
02-02-2010, 04:19 PM
toronto

ko8e24bryant
02-02-2010, 04:20 PM
Washington Wizards
They're a HUGE MESS!

but if they keep Arenas

I would think it would only be right
to change the name from Washington Wizards to the
Washington Bullets! LOL!!!

Stunner
02-02-2010, 04:21 PM
damn i wish the wizards could pick up tyrus thomas

wat trade offer u have how about a Tyrus for Nick Young trade?

dominater6192
02-02-2010, 04:29 PM
Raptors - Need about 1 more good player to be considered a dangerous team.

I think to be considered a dangerous team you have to be able to play defense.:D

JordansBulls
02-02-2010, 04:39 PM

What say you ?

THe Bulls they need some more cap relief and a shooter.

Lo Porto
02-02-2010, 04:39 PM
Miami HEAT - that team is the yearly Wade injury away from missing the playoffs. I love how they set it up for so much space this summer, but they also arranged it to where they have no depth. They need Amare big time.

kayface
02-02-2010, 04:48 PM
i think the thunder should look into getting haywood from the wizards. he could be that big body down low with good defense and rebounding ability, he can even score a few for them

mcgswfan
02-02-2010, 05:05 PM
Who needs to make a move? Hands down in the West it's the Warriors. Even though the last game (a loss to OKC) was played better than the previous game at home vs Charlotte, it is evident that the players no longer want to play for Nelson. There has been a repeated pattern of disinterested play from the team for the past 5 or 6 games. The Charlotte loss (in Oakland) was the worst of them all (the players didn't even show up mentally for that whole game, there were on the beach in Hawaii drinking Mai Tais). For the amount of money they are making, they should be full of energy and bright eyes and bushy tailed in EVERY SINGLE GAME, and they just aren't right now, which is proof that the tyranny that is Nelson no longer affects the psyche of this team, they just don't care anymore and that is because everyone, including the fans is sick and tired of Nelson. I'd would love to see Nelson fired, but that aint gonna happen as he and Cohan are butt-buddies. So, since that isn't going to happen, we need to do the next best thing which is shake up the team a bit. At least try to bring in a 4 or 5 that is decent and can help our bigs out on the block a bit.

td0tsfinest
02-02-2010, 05:12 PM
Heat definitely have to do something. Team has been suffering of late, Wade can't hold the fort down forever, he's going to need some help.

Mavrix
02-02-2010, 05:17 PM
Dallas is only 1 good player away. Make it happen Cuban.

Mavrix
02-02-2010, 05:17 PM
lol @ everyone picking their team.

Kyben36
02-02-2010, 05:21 PM
HEAT need to in order to keep D Wade

bulls should to get rid of HInrichs contract, becasue he is a PG, as is rose

other than that, Idont see any other teams that realy need to make a trade,

Pentagram
02-02-2010, 05:36 PM
HEAT need to in order to keep D Wade

bulls should to get rid of HInrichs contract, becasue he is a PG, as is rose

other than that, Idont see any other teams that realy need to make a trade,

Deng + Rose + 3 + bench = Championship

Kidd + Terry + Marion + Nowitzki + 1 = Full House/Championship

thedfactor
02-02-2010, 05:41 PM
There a several teams in need, but I'll stick with my team, Dallas. They are old, oldest team in fact. Kidd and Dirk are playing for now, something needs to be added. a great player. otherwise, both those hall of famers will go without a title, what a shame.

pistonsfanomg
02-02-2010, 05:42 PM
Did anyone say Detroit yet?

We have too many shooting guards, Detroit is the team that has to make trades before the deadline. We need a Pure Point Guard and a PF/Center

JOSKOMANG4
02-02-2010, 05:48 PM
Moves:

1) I think Houston will make a trade with Washington to acquire C.Butler in exchanged for disgruntled SG Tracy McGrady.

2) Kirk Hinrich to the Lakers WILL happen. I also see the Bulls swapping Luol Deng for T'Wolves PF, A.Jefferson. More money to spend next season to acquire Dwayne Wade IMO.

3) OKC does need another player to go along w/Kevin Durant; a forward that can either play the Power or Small. I would love to see them bring in a veteran w/playoff experience; such as T.Prince.

4) I hope the nets do keep D.Harris until they actually know they'll have the #1 overall pick. Alot of team can look to acquire D.Harris; who is a very affordable PG and is under contract until 2013.

5) The Suns MUST trade A'mare stoudamire to receive a star caliber player in return. From numerous newsfeeds, it seems that A'Mare will be heading out of Phoenix(opting out of his final year of his contract) to try and receive a max-contract from a team willing to spend; Possibly the New York Knicks. So what if they just trade to the Knicks for possibly David Lee??

JOSKOMANG4
02-02-2010, 05:50 PM
Did anyone say Detroit yet?

We have too many shooting guards, Detroit is the team that has to make trades before the deadline. We need a Pure Point Guard and a PF/Center

T-Prince to the Blazers for T.Outlaw & S.Blake... I know outlaw isnt a PF/SF type; but will fill in nicely at the SF position.

Jonathan2323
02-02-2010, 05:53 PM
The East- I say the Bulls they need to clear cap space or they will not land a big name FA next year.

igPay atinLay
02-02-2010, 05:53 PM
I think the Cavs need to make a trade more than anyone and its not close. Without a trade and at minimum another finals appearance they lose Lebron...no team has more to lose than Cleveland by not making one.

dudeonthemoon
02-02-2010, 06:01 PM
WTF is Atlanda is that some far away land with flying monkeys?

:cricket:

L@ker4Life
02-02-2010, 06:02 PM
THe Bulls they need some more cap relief and a shooter.

How bout a trade where you give us Salmons and Heinrich and we give you Adam Morrison, Josh Powell, and Sash? Morrison and Powell are both expiring and Sash is a great shooter when he gets time on the floor.

Pierzynski4Prez
02-02-2010, 06:10 PM
How bout a trade where you give us Salmons and Heinrich and we give you Adam Morrison, Josh Powell, and Sash? Morrison and Powell are both expiring and Sash is a great shooter when he gets time on the floor.

How about......No. Rather keep our guys.

Pierzynski4Prez
02-02-2010, 06:14 PM
The East- I say the Bulls they need to clear cap space or they will not land a big name FA next year.

Why do you say the Bulls? We are not losing anyone of importance in this upcoming offseason. Any major player we add is just a bonus to our already playoff roster.

It's not like if we dont' add anyone were screwed like the Knicks or Nets. All of our core players are still only getting better as time goes on, and locked up, Rose, Noah, Deng, Gibson.

Stunner
02-02-2010, 06:22 PM
:cricket:

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: dont do me

dominater6192
02-02-2010, 06:27 PM
Why do you say the Bulls? We are not losing anyone of importance in this upcoming offseason. Any major player we add is just a bonus to our already playoff roster.

It's not like if we dont' add anyone were screwed like the Knicks or Nets. All of our core players are still only getting better as time goes on, and locked up, Rose, Noah, Deng, Gibson.

The Bulls have had their eyes on 2010 since last years trade deadline, and since Salmons struggled this year and the cap is being lowered they would'nt have enough money to get a max free agent if Salmons does'nt opt out. Expect to see Salmons or Hinrich or both traded. 2009-2010 is just a bridge season for the Bulls. The future of their franchise depends on if they can sign a star to play along side Rose so I do'nt see why you think they would'nt be willing to trade someone now to pave way for 2010.

Pierzynski4Prez
02-02-2010, 06:34 PM
The Bulls have had their eyes on 2010 since last years trade deadline, and since Salmons struggled this year and the cap is being lowered they would'nt have enough money to get a max free agent if Salmons does'nt opt out. Expect to see Salmons or Hinrich or both traded. 2009-2010 is just a bridge season for the Bulls. The future of their franchise depends on if they can sign a star to play along side Rose so I do'nt see why you think they would'nt be willing to trade someone now to pave way for 2010.

As a Bulls fan, I am not as worried as much say the teams who have the stars that will demand max contracts should be. I know what our team is like now, and we are only getting better as we get more experience.

Miami, all they can do is hope to re-sign Wade and someone else. All NY and NJ is hope they can get anybody. Toronto, although quite confident, still has to be concerned about Bosh leaving and hope he doesn't. Same as Cleveland. Phoenix will probably deal Amare, because they know he will leave.

Again, if the Bulls get nobody, we are still left with a 40+ win team, Miami without Wade is an early lottery pick again. NY and NJ, if they don't get anyone, also early lottery picks. If Lebron leaves Cleveland, they are at the bottomas well. Toronto wouldn't be as bad as the others without Bosh, but nowhere near what they are now.

The teams that are dependent on the guys who will be FA's should be the ones who should be scared the most. The bulls are not depending on it, which is why we haven't traded Hinrich or Deng. Our roster just shaped up to be close to having the money to add a max player this year, it hasn't been our grand plan for years though like other teams.

Jonathan2323
02-02-2010, 06:37 PM

you wont be screwed but you will not be a title contender without adding a superstar next year.

Pierzynski4Prez
02-02-2010, 06:40 PM
you wont be screwed but you will not be a title contender without adding a superstar next year.

We still have plenty of tradeable assets and picks to acquire a big man if we need to if we don't sign a FA. Plus with Rose's progression, I'm not too worried about us HAVING to have one of the top 10 guys in the league to play along with him, just a solid low-post scorer. Personally, I'd be happy if we can keep our current team, and add Lee.

But I would prefer your guy 1st.:D

Bulls_fan90
02-02-2010, 07:07 PM
Heat definitely have to do something. Team has been suffering of late, Wade can't hold the fort down forever, he's going to need some help.

NO WAY!! If Wade goes down...Beasley will miraculously become a beast (35+points & 20boards) and the Heat will make the playoffs. Book it.

Bulls_fan90
02-02-2010, 07:08 PM

No thanks.