PDA

View Full Version : Dime Magazine: "Ray Allen for Kevin Martin has to happen"

69centers
02-02-2010, 12:58 PM
http://dimemag.com/2010/02/this-trade-has-to-happen-ray-allen-for-kevin-martin-andres-nocioni/

I'm in complete agreement, although not sure on taking on Nocioni's money, but he would be a great for our bench.

DerekRE_3
02-02-2010, 01:05 PM
If we got a big man, then I'd be down to trade Kevin Martin. That's what we need desperately.

Nighthawk
02-02-2010, 01:07 PM
People seem to think we cant win without Allen which i find hilarious. Hes great, has been clutch in his time in Boston. But he isnt the end all be all on us winng a title. If we traded Ray Ray for Martin and Nocioni i would be fine

Rondo/Daniels
Martin/House/T.Allen
Pierce/Nocioni/Scal
KG/Baby
Perk/Sheed

We can win it all with that team. I know K. Martin isnt known for his defense. But i think comming into a defensive system will change that.

td0tsfinest
02-02-2010, 01:08 PM
^ ahh..you guys can wait for the draft that or free agency. I just want to see a blockbuster deal this deadline.

TopsyTurvy
02-02-2010, 01:09 PM
After all of these years, Noch may finally go to the Celtics! Ahahaha!!!

RaptorizedKevin
02-02-2010, 01:10 PM
kevin martin is a terrible defender, he wont fit in playoff time. hes worse of a defender than JOSE CALDERON. good luck in the playoffs boston.

69centers
02-02-2010, 01:14 PM
kevin martin is a terrible defender, he wont fit in playoff time. hes worse of a defender than JOSE CALDERON. good luck in the playoffs boston.

Yes, because I know Ray Allen is an elite defender, huh. :pity:

JasonJohnHorn
02-02-2010, 01:19 PM
I don't think this trade needs to happen. To be honest I think Allen for Hamilton or Iggy will help Boston more, but I also think Boston should also consider keeping Allen being as how he is exactly the type of shooter they need to help spread the floor for Pierce, Rondo and Garnett.

JordansBulls
02-02-2010, 01:24 PM
http://dimemag.com/2010/02/this-trade-has-to-happen-ray-allen-for-kevin-martin-andres-nocioni/

I'm in complete agreement, although not sure on taking on Nocioni's money, but he would be a great for our bench.

I would do this if I were the Celtics. Getting both Kmart and Nocioni would improve them dramatically.

DerekRE_3
02-02-2010, 01:24 PM
I would do this if I were the Celtics. Getting both Kmart and Nocioni would improve them dramatically.

Not Nocioni, he is god awful. Seriously...the guy is worthless.

deuces
02-02-2010, 01:26 PM
if Kevin martin goes to Boston he WILL learn defense, kg and doc will make sure of that, also he won't be taking as much shots as he is in Sacramento so he should put more effort on the defensive end

Strumpy
02-02-2010, 01:36 PM
People seem to think we cant win without Allen which i find hilarious. Hes great, has been clutch in his time in Boston. But he isnt the end all be all on us winng a title. If we traded Ray Ray for Martin and Nocioni i would be fine

Rondo/Daniels
Martin/House/T.Allen
Pierce/Nocioni/Scal
KG/Baby
Perk/Sheed

We can win it all with that team. I know K. Martin isnt known for his defense. But i think comming into a defensive system will change that.

I know Martin averages a few more ppg, but does he really change us that much?

I don't know. Martin + Nocioni takes up $17 mil worth of cap space for at least the next 3 years. Pass.

Keep the Celts as is. If it doesn't work out, fine. Allen is $19+ mil off the books this year, which is more than enough to find a player or 2 to replace him.

CityofTreez
02-02-2010, 01:46 PM
OMG, please let this happen. If kevin Martin goes to the celtics, IDKare, but getting rid of Nocioni is ideal. I'm praying for this to come true. Nocioni is nothing but a useless role player who doesn't even believe in himself. he is the ugliest man to ever walk this Earth. It was once said, that when Andres Nocioni was a little boy, he used to eat bat guano out of a cave in Agentina. This is true, no urban legend. When he grew out of eating bat guano, he chose to sell pineapple flavored snowcones that were pitiful. he walked endlessly for days w/ no shoes and began to develop trench feet. he soon, go them fixed and tried out for an NBA team. A team (Bulls) saw something special in him in the 2004 olympics and thought they struck magic. NO! What they didn't know was that Nocioni was just a tool that does nothing for mankid, an utter shame, the spawn of Pee-Wee Herman, an undercover night lurker.

Well, long story short, he provided hustle to a team that needed it (Bulls). Hustle is all he brings. Then, he was dumped to my team (Kings) and began ranting about how our franchise is a joke and our fans don't care about our hometwon team. Then, he got a DUI on J-Street at the Mix Nightclub (after a preseason game), same way Eric Musselman got a DUI as the Kings coach.

Andres Nocioni. GTFO Sacramento you pathetic soul of a South American basketball player who is strictly known for their hustle. Guess what? I just ran a mile. Big ****ing Whoop!

There you have it

Raph12
02-02-2010, 01:47 PM
Sounds good to me.

Donnie Brasco
02-02-2010, 01:51 PM
There is no way the kings trade Martin for Ray Allen. The only way the kings trade Martin is if they can get a quality big man in return. I don't see why the kings would trade their second best player for an Expiring 34 year old Ray Allen. There is indeed probably no chance that a big name free agent comes to Sactown next Summer, they would likely go to a contender or at least a playoff team. This trade won't happen period.

TheWatcher34
02-02-2010, 02:17 PM

for the most part Allen's defense was pretty tough on Kobe two nights ago...K. Martin is a prolific scorer, but he might demand the ball too much and i've never really seen him play defense. i agree that KG and doc would beat the devil out of him until he is playing defense. BUT IF he ever was to join the Celtics his ppg numbers will drop significantly, he wont get his 23-26 shots a game. he's not as "deadly" as Ray can be and he doesn't stretch the floor as much. i doubt that this is the correct move for the C's!!
and Nocioni off the bench..well, hmm it's acceptable i guess.

Chronz
02-02-2010, 02:40 PM

No

Doesnt change anything hes said

69centers
02-02-2010, 02:56 PM
The Kings were never an elite defensive team, so is it that he can't personally do it, or he just was never coached to? If Marbury could come to the C's and play a little D, I'm sure Martin can.

Nighthawk
02-02-2010, 03:00 PM
The Kings were never an elite defensive team, so is it that he can't personally do it, or he just was never coached to? If Marbury could come to the C's and play a little D, I'm sure Martin can.

My point exactly....Celtics are known throughout the league for their defensive. Not the kings. Im not saying Martin joins Boston and all of a sudden hes Ron Artest on the defensive end. But when the whole organization and the coach and the teams leaders are preaching defense, Martin will come around. Plus all these athletes in the NBA are the best of the best. Im sure if he put hard work and dedication to it he could defend better than what we've seen

ChiSox219
02-02-2010, 03:01 PM
Unless the Kings are hurting financially, this wouldn't be the best move to make. Everyone says they have to move Martin, but it's not like his contract is terrible or he's demanded out. They can give it time to see if he'll work out with Tyreke and wait for better offers.

Shedding Nocioni would be nice, but they need to get some young talent or a lottery pick for Martin.

Chronz
02-02-2010, 03:05 PM

When Ray Allen was on a really bad defensive team he never had the rep that Kevin has. But I dont know I dont really watch the Kings

ldc62
02-02-2010, 04:11 PM
Lebron, Wade, Bosh and JJ isn't going to play in Sactown. They might as well keep Martin.

Tony_Starks
02-02-2010, 04:17 PM
So Im going to trade the best shooter in the league for an injury prone, volume shooter?

ko8e24bryant
02-02-2010, 04:34 PM
not gonna happen

celtics want to get better
not crappier
whats gonna happen come playoff time
is injury prone k martin gonna make a game winner
on the celtics bench?
PLEASE

29$JerZ
02-02-2010, 04:36 PM
Makes no sense for the Celtics imo

19 million off the CAP is a bigger benefit to the team itself

I could understand them wanting a new SG to build around but also taking back Andres contract? Some other team or more pieces have to be involved imo

ChiSox219
02-02-2010, 04:47 PM
So Im going to trade the best shooter in the league for an injury prone, volume shooter?

-Steve Nash is the best shooter in the league

-Kevin Martin has been the more efficient scorer for his career than Allen, their shooting abilities are quite similar except it looks like Allen has fallen off this year.

-Martin is quicker and younger so there's still hope for his defense especially when he's got KG and Perkins behind him

This would be a great trade for the Celtics, they'd be crazy not to do it.

Makes no sense for the Celtics imo

19 million off the CAP is a bigger benefit to the team itself

I could understand them wanting a new SG to build around but also taking back Andres contract? Some other team or more pieces have to be involved imo

Assuming Pierce excercises his $21.5m player option the Celtics will still be ~$10m over the cap. All Allen's expiring does is cut down on their luxury tax payment.

Afridi786
02-02-2010, 05:39 PM
K-Mart for Ray Ray is a bad deal for the Kings, would be great move for the C's...you replace one elite scorer/shooter with much younger one.

Raoul Duke
02-02-2010, 05:43 PM
Sounds like it would be a no-brainer for the Celtics. Martin's defense would look much better with KG and Perkins on his team.