PDA

View Full Version : Question from a Rockets fan

sep11ie
02-02-2010, 12:22 PM
I just wanted to know what NBA fans around the league think we should do with Tracy McGrady. There are several rumors so what do y'all think we should do.

Trade her to the Wizards for Caron Butler and Brendan Haywood, trade her to the sixers to get A.I.2, or just let her contract run out and use the money on a quality FA?

Just trying to see what other non Rocket fans think would be best.

Wade_County
02-02-2010, 12:24 PM
one of the rumors

McGrady could move to Wizards
By Mark J. Miller / Sports Rumors

The Houston Rockets and Washington Wizards are apparently talking about sending Tracy McGrady(notes) to D.C. with Houston hoping to get forward Caron Butler(notes) and center Brendan Haywood(notes) in exchange, according to ESPN.
McGrady, of course, has that $23 million expiring contract and the Wizards are looking just to blow up their roster after all the gunplay in the locker room brought so much bad publicity to the team. McGrady hasn't played since December when he was granted an indefinite leave from the Rockets.
The Wizards would supposedly like to get more than just McGrady in a deal.
Follow Yahoo! Sports Rumors on Twitter at @markjmill.
Source: ESPN

sep11ie
02-02-2010, 12:27 PM
What do you think would improve them most though?

Raph12
02-02-2010, 12:33 PM
Let him expire and try to get a quality FA this summer... or do what NJ is doing, tank the season and insert the Rockets name into the John Wall contest.

sep11ie
02-02-2010, 12:35 PM
I think if they let her expire, they'll have about 7-9 million tops to play with this offseason(unless they sign Yao to a long term extension). With that being said, do you think theres anyone out there that could help that'll settle for under 10 million a year?

sep11ie
02-02-2010, 12:36 PM
I really dont see them tanking the year though. Plus they love Brroks/Lowry at the 1.

LanceUpperCut
02-02-2010, 12:49 PM
I say re-sign him for a max deal

sep11ie
02-02-2010, 12:52 PM
^ Or we could sign Hedo for 13 million a year.

Young and Stupid
02-02-2010, 12:53 PM
I think if they let him expire, they'll have about 7-9 million tops to play with this offseason(unless they sign Yao to a long term extension). With that being said, do you think theres anyone out there that could help that'll settle for under 10 million a year?

You mean her? Depends do you want to be a buyer this offseason (then I would say let her expire), but if you want to compete this year I would say go for Caron and Haywood. The downside with the latter is that it could stunt Ariza's development.

sep11ie
02-02-2010, 12:57 PM
You mean her? Depends do you want to be a buyer this offseason (then I would say let her expire), but if you want to compete this year I would say go for Caron and Haywood. The downside with the latter is that it could stunt Ariza's development.

Lol, fixed. Good observation.

Well, I see what your saying, but I think Battier would be on his way out the door in a seperate deal if this went down. Then our lineup would be

Brooks
Ariza
Butler
Scola
Hayes

JasonJohnHorn
02-02-2010, 12:58 PM
I say trade him for some young talent and draft picks. I'd take about anythign that was offered for him since his contract is expiring anyways and the team clearly does not have him in their future plans.

spreadeagle
02-02-2010, 01:02 PM
Get whatever you can for him.I never see Rockets games on TV.I hear they are good though lol.

thephoenixson28
If you guys let him expire mine as well just buy him out.

If I was the rockets I would trade for someone that would make a emidiate impact. I say Iggy and brand. Philly wants a expiring. Houston might have to add battie.
I know brand hasn't been producing what his contract pays him but I think he can still play. Imagine a lineup of

Pg.Brooks
Sg.Ariza
Sf.Iggy
Pf.Brand
C. Yao

Never mind don't do that trade

td0tsfinest
a man you really don't like t-mac, you keep on referring to him as a her

sep11ie
02-02-2010, 01:08 PM
a man you really don't like t-mac, you keep on referring to him as a her

Correction, I keep referring to her as her.

D-Amazins
02-02-2010, 01:21 PM
Correction, I keep referring to her as her.

Your not funny :down:

sep11ie
02-02-2010, 01:23 PM
Your not funny :down:

Take it your a fan of hers????