PDA

View Full Version : Cp3 overrated?

nolin
02-02-2010, 06:16 AM
I happen to think chris paul is the most overrated pg in the game. I think he is a product of the system he is in as he handles the ball 95% of the time. As an example his backup rookie point guard darren collison has average 16.5 points and 16 assist in the 2 games he has taken over for cp3. So is cp3 overrated or is collison just that good?

Zefflin
02-02-2010, 06:26 AM
Nah, CP3 isn't overrated. Just cause he handles the ball 95% of the time doesn't mean he's overrated. That would be like saying Lebron is overrated cause he handles the ball 98% of the time is a product of the Lebron system, which of coarse he isn't. Collison isn't that bad though from what I've seen. He his some good upside.

Oh and I'd still pick Dwill over CP.

Mckphins
02-02-2010, 06:37 AM
Cp3 handles the ball that much because hes that good! He is still hands down the best pg in the game

Zefflin
02-02-2010, 06:41 AM
No, he's not hands down the best PG in the game. Dwill and Nash are right there biting too. Just like Lebron and Wade vs KB.

Big Quett
02-02-2010, 06:42 AM
I happen to think chris paul is the most overrated pg in the game. I think he is a product of the system he is in as he handles the ball 95% of the time. As an example his backup rookie point guard darren collison has average 16.5 points and 16 assist in the 2 games he has taken over for cp3. So is cp3 overrated or is collison just that good?

Neither. I mean its been two games. If he averages 12 or 13 assits for the rest of the season then we have a story until then dont put Collison in the HOF just yet.

nipo10847
02-02-2010, 06:48 AM
CP3 isn't overrated. He is the best point guard in the league along with Steve Nash. Period.

nolin
02-02-2010, 06:53 AM
Neither. I mean its been two games. If he averages 12 or 13 assits for the rest of the season then we have a story until then dont put Collison in the HOF just yet.

im not calling collison great. Im just saying I think the hornets play in a pg ran system where there pg handles the ball more than any other teams pg. I have Nba League pass and have got the chance to watch alot of there games this year. and i think you can put just about any other pg in the league on there team and have them average 10+ assist a game.

Big Quett
02-02-2010, 07:05 AM
im not calling collison great. Im just saying I think the hornets play in a pg ran system where there pg handles the ball more than any other teams pg. I have Nba League pass and have got the chance to watch alot of there games this year. and i think you can put just about any other pg in the league on there team and have them average 10+ assist a game.

Did you ever think that maybe the system was just built for him? And maybe they drafted Collison because he fit the system?

Thats just like saying you can put any pg in the Suns system and they would do what Nash does. Or LeBron or Kobe and or so on and so on. You build teams and systems around your best players. It is not as easy as it looks.

Like i said before if he does this for more than 48 hours then we have a story. Let's see what he does after a week or so when teams actually start scouting Collison and sees what he does and doesnt do well. It's easy to perform when nobody expects it.

GreatMustachio1
02-02-2010, 07:35 AM
well duhhhh of course he is. And he has a bad habit of grabbing nuts. been doing it since high school

_Supreme_
02-02-2010, 07:56 AM
This is the most pathetic thread I have seen here for a while.

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

ManRam
02-02-2010, 11:34 AM

Product of what system? He's a PG, of course he handles the ball most of the time. Collison has played two games. Big deal. Let's see how he does for an entire season, or a career. Chris has never been surrounded by talent comparable to the other elite PGs like Williams, Nash, Billups, Parker, Rose, Rondo etc.

He's not a product of any system, and is hands down the best PG in the league.

td0tsfinest
02-02-2010, 12:05 PM
Prodcut of the system? He's is the system.

Let's see how long Collison can keep this up first.

jimbobjarree
02-02-2010, 12:07 PM
no he isnt, he's found his niche though, just a shame the Hornets arent in a financial position to put a stronger team around him

sep11ie
02-02-2010, 12:26 PM
I wouldn't call him overrated. He's relentless on the court. If he wasn't having an injury plauged season nobody would have even brought this up. I'd take him on my team any day!

Raph12
02-02-2010, 12:28 PM
Collison had two good games and people are already building his bandwagon.

CP3 leads the league in ast-to ratio at 4.42, Collison may have avged 16 apg in his absence but he also avged 4.5 tpg. Plus CP3 shoots the ball extremely well also, not 4-11 and 7-17, and don't even get me started on them defensively.

Two games does not make you elite, let's see him keep up those assist numbers for the rest of the season, hell let's see him do it for another 2 weeks.

Carey
02-02-2010, 12:49 PM

You have to look at skill set before system. He's probably the quickest player in the league and maybe the best ball handler and passer, money from mid range, improved deep jumper, solid defender, great in passing lanes....i could go on and on.

BigStat$54
02-02-2010, 01:10 PM

I happen to think that those are some pretty poor arguments. Those points can be made about a number of players in the league, they're called stars. He runs the system and is their go to guy, so he's gonna handle the ball alot.

Vinny642
02-02-2010, 07:32 PM
This thread is a dash of epic fail, blended with facepalm and topped of with laugh out louds.
WTF I really don't think Chris Paul of the New Orleans Hornets is overrated. Collison is a great rookie but just becase he is dishing passes doesn't mean CP is overrated.

Big Quett
02-02-2010, 07:43 PM
This thread is a dash of epic fail, blended with facepalm and topped of with laugh out louds.
WTF I really don't think Chris Paul of the New Orleans Hornets is overrated. Collison is a great rookie but just becase he is dishing passes doesn't mean CP is overrated.

THANKS...Like i stated before its been two games. If he averages 12 or 13 assits for the rest of the season then we have a story until then dont put Collison in the HOF just yet.

Vinny642
02-02-2010, 08:00 PM
I am not saying DC is bad though, he is a great rookie.

MiamiHeat
02-02-2010, 08:00 PM
:facepalm:

Bulls fan....

you probably think Derrick Rose is better. :pity: