PDA

View Full Version : Celtics looking to move Ray Allen

Kdirt
02-01-2010, 05:51 PM
Multiple sources have told Yahoo! Sports that the Celtics are looking to trade Ray Allen for a younger, cheaper guard with an expiring contract.

In doing so, Boston would be able to find a replacement for Allen, 34, without losing him and his $20 million expiring contract for nothing this summer.

Celtics president Danny Ainge will have a difficult decision to make because there really isn't a guard available that is currently at Allen's level.

Allen has expressed his desire to re-sign with the Celtics this offseason, but has also acknowledged the fact that the interest may not be mutual.

Maybe Ellis for Allen had some wheels to it.

Tony_Starks
02-01-2010, 05:54 PM
Wow... thats pretty sad.

I guess its all about what have you done for me lately.

LayZbone
02-01-2010, 05:55 PM
They'll miss him in the 4th quarter of every playoff game, that's for sure.

Guys like Ellis and Iggy come to mind, but i think they need to keep a true lights-out shooter next to Rondo. RayRay's such a good fit :pity:.

Kevin Martin?

Punkindrublic03
02-01-2010, 05:57 PM
Ray Ray is dirty... Celtics trade him and they got no shot at going to the finals.

GodsSon
02-01-2010, 05:59 PM
Like I said in the initial thread about the Monta/Allen swap...if the Celtics trade him, they lose their chance at a title

Fireworld
02-01-2010, 06:01 PM
bye-bye Finals.

JordansBulls
02-01-2010, 06:02 PM
Maybe Ellis for Allen had some wheels to it.

Ray Allen for Daniel Gibson and Big Z

johnwayne
02-01-2010, 06:05 PM

it is just my opinion but i dont think that boston would want to potentially make cleveland even better.....i think cleveland and LA are last on the list of trading partners

theuuord
02-01-2010, 06:08 PM
They'll miss him in the 4th quarter of every playoff game, that's for sure.

Guys like Ellis and Iggy come to mind, but i think they need to keep a true lights-out shooter next to Rondo. RayRay's such a good fit :pity:.

Kevin Martin?

KMart would actually be a good fit. any idea for a legit trade though?

theuuord
02-01-2010, 06:09 PM
actually never mind. KMart isn't expiring.

ManRam
02-01-2010, 06:10 PM

Boston only makes that move if they are giving up on this year. Otherwise, they'll try to get a younger SG for Ray. I don't think they are ready to give up at all, so I give that trade no chance at all.

Sixerlover
02-01-2010, 06:11 PM
That's a shame.

Baller1
In my opinion, this is disrespectful to Ray...

JordansBulls
Boston only makes that move if they are giving up on this year. Otherwise, they'll try to get a younger SG for Ray. I don't think they are ready to give up at all, so I give that trade no chance at all.

Or what about Ray Allen for JR Smith and Filler

nipo10847
02-01-2010, 06:12 PM
No Allen= No championship. He is gonna be huge in the playoffs. Celtics are plain crazy! Hope KG steps up and doesn't let this happen.

mikantsass
02-01-2010, 06:13 PM

Gross, thats as bad as Hinrich and Miller.

No way the Celtics trade Allen to make the Cavs better

magichatnumber9
02-01-2010, 06:14 PM
Danny is not gonna give up on the season now. If he starts tearing this team apart before allstar break then he should just fire himself.

Public Enemy #1
02-01-2010, 06:14 PM
Stop posting crap about a potential Ellis/ Allen swap. Ellis is better than Allen in every way possible except shooting behind the arc. lol Ellis isn't getting traded for a 34 year old has been. The Warriors management is stupid but they aren't giving up their best player to get cap relief. Maggette is available but not Ellis.

LayZbone
02-01-2010, 06:15 PM
actually never mind. KMart isn't expiring.

I thought they wanted a young SG who isn't expiring (so they don't lose Ray for nothing), along with a filler (who is expiring).

Ray Allen for K-Mart and Kenny Thomas. That could be the foundation for the trade....with other picks/players if necessary.

Corey
02-01-2010, 06:15 PM
Fact of the matter is, Ray Allen sucks this year. Anyone in this thread that says otherwise is lying.

He's shooting 34% from three point range and 36% from the field. That's god awful for the "second best shooter of all time".

I don't want to trade him, personally I just think the C's need to get everyone healthy and make a run...but it's completely understood why the front office would try to trade him.

theuuord
02-01-2010, 06:16 PM
I thought they wanted a young SG who isn't expiring (so they don't lose Ray for nothing), along with a filler (who is expiring).

Ray Allen for K-Mart and Kenny Thomas. That could be the foundation for the trade....with other picks/players if necessary.

first sentence of the article dude.

twoearl
02-01-2010, 06:18 PM
Ray is playing bad but so is everyone on the C's not named Rondo. Danny Ainge will be an idiot if he trades Ray. They have a legit shot at winning a ring and he wants to trade by far thier best shooter??

LayZbone
02-01-2010, 06:18 PM
first sentence of the article dude.

I know, but the part about Ainge not wanting to lose Ray for nothing confused me. Expiring-for-expiring....i guess that works. :shrug:

I mean, Ray is 34. You'll likely be able to pay him less than whatever the young, expiring replacement is asking for.

I guess they want the SG to be expiring so that they can test-run these next couple of months, and then still have the option of letting him go if it doesn't work out.

Stunner
02-01-2010, 06:20 PM
Ray Allen and Bill Walker for Salmons, Kirk, and Jerome James. Thats a fair deal.

Super.
02-01-2010, 06:22 PM

The Celtics are trying to get better, not worse. besides they dont want garbage in return for this guy. Besides they could get Monta Ellis

Gibby23
02-01-2010, 06:22 PM
Fact of the matter is, Ray Allen sucks this year. Anyone in this thread that says otherwise is lying.

He's shooting 34% from three point range and 36% from the field. That's god awful for the "second best shooter of all time".

I don't want to trade him, personally I just think the C's need to get everyone healthy and make a run...but it's completely understood why the front office would try to trade him.

He is 45% from the field, that is above his career % from the field.

mikantsass
02-01-2010, 06:23 PM
Ray Allen and Bill Walker for Salmons, Kirk, and Jerome James. Thats a fair deal.

The Celtics dont want any of the Bulls garbage.

Super.
02-01-2010, 06:24 PM
Stop posting crap about a potential Ellis/ Allen swap. Ellis is better than Allen in every way possible except shooting behind the arc. lol Ellis isn't getting traded for a 34 year old has been. The Warriors management is stupid but they aren't giving up their best player to get cap relief. Maggette is available but not Ellis.

Wernt the rumors saying it was the Warriors idea in the first place?

Besides Allen would be a great mentor for Stephen Curry

Gibby23
02-01-2010, 06:26 PM
The Celtics are trying to get better, not worse. besides they dont want garbage in return for this guy. Besides they could get Monta Ellis

OAKLAND, Calif. ó Golden State Warriors coach Don Nelson was asked Monday about a report that surfaced earlier in the day. It told of talks between the Warriors and the Celtics [team stats] involving Monta Ellis and Bostonís Ray Allen.

Nelsonís response? He burst into laughter.
http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/basketball/celtics/view/20100126don_nelson_laughs_off_talk_of_warriors-celtics_deal/

Sounds like the Warriors can't wait to make it happen.:rolleyes:

BTownTeamsRKing
02-01-2010, 06:30 PM
are u people on crack? seriously or just stupid?

Ray Allen (as much as i loved his game for 2 years), is not much use anymore. His value is now Ray Allen's expiring contract.

if the Celtics can get Iggy or Ellis, or Kevin Martin or anyone like that, they would be a whole lot better.

Tony Allen brings more than Ray now and im not just basing that on yesterday.

i watch this team everyday and Ray cant hold his own and in fairness, Doc doesnt know how to use him either.

He has to go.

also Rondo clearly likes to run with Tony Allen a lot better.

Stunner
02-01-2010, 06:30 PM

OK and last month the C's were trying to give us their garbage for Kirk, but we declined. Ray Allen isnt getting traded for Ellis dats not going to happen ever. Rondo and Ellis both need the ball to operate which is going to cuz problems for Rondo's ego. I think Kirk and Salmons would be a great addition to the C's and would really but them in the Finals for sure

Rondo
Salmons
Paul
KG
Perkins

Wallace
Kirk
Daniels
House
Davis
Scal
Allen
Williams

Thats one hell of a team i may say so my self that could win the championship if the trigger gets pulled with everybody healthy.

thephoenixson28
02-01-2010, 06:31 PM
There isn't really a young tallent that expires next year that sallary matches up with ray allen. With that being said what about jrich for ray allen. There might have to be filler but maybe the trade exception from the pavlovich deal can make it good. Jrich is 29 years old but he expires in a couple years. Boston won't make a big splash in free agency 2010 but richardson contract expires 2011. We get a expiring. For anyone that will say richardson doesn't play defense last time I checked ray allen didn't before he went to boston.

MTar786
02-01-2010, 06:31 PM
if they trade ray then its going to be cleveland and LA in the finals. game over boston.

why cant they just keep him and try their luck for a title? i still consider them favorites in the east with their current squad. If they lose in the finals they re-sign him for ALOT less than 20 mil. plus he might even take the vet minimum and then boston can sign another good player (i think) which would keep their championship window open.
imagine ray sign for the vet minimum and then tmac sign with them next year for the mle. they'll be contenders for sure. even better than this year

sugarrayray
02-01-2010, 06:34 PM
Corey- Ya ray allen sucks but pierce is doing great, even tho he just lost the game for you yesterday against the Lakers. 36% from the field? Are you kidding me? He's shooting 45% from the field, which is actually above his career average. Did you accidentally look at how many minutes hes averaging? Get real. Its impossible for him to shoot that badly. No ones lying about anything. Hes by far the most clutch guy the celtics have, he went off for 50 in the playoffs last year, if they get rid of him they dont have anyone to go to at the end of big games. Thats what everyone is saying. And hes still the celtics second leading scorer.

He is however having a very bad year, and the celtics definitely should trade him so they can get something for their future. The real problem with the celtics tho is KG and Rondo. Rondo's stats might be great, but his ego and the amount of shots hes taking is screwing up the big 3. He might average 9 assists per game but dont let that fool you, he is tearing the team apart. They have no chance of winning a title now with him playing the way he is. I know i'll get yelled at for this haha.

Also KG is just pitiful. He doesnt rebound well enought at all, he talks more **** than possible and doesnt even perform. Hes injured half the time. And his offense isnt that good anymore. Anybody that talks as much **** as him and is on one of the worst rebounding teams in the league says enough about a guy. And hes not even that good at defense anymore. He declined soo much faster than I ever deamed possible. Too bad, guess thats karma for being the biggest ******* in the league.

I personally think that if danny ainge wanted to keep his team afloat, he would trade rondo and Ray allen for whatever is the best package he can get for that.

nipo10847
02-01-2010, 06:38 PM

WTF!!!! Do you really watch the celtics play??? He is shooting 45% which is better than his career.

MTar786
02-01-2010, 06:41 PM

Ray Allen (as much as i loved his game for 2 years), is not much use anymore. His value is now Ray Allen's expiring contract.

if the Celtics can get Iggy or Ellis, or Kevin Martin or anyone like that, they would be a whole lot better.

i watch this team everyday and Ray cant hold his own and in fairness, Doc doesnt know how to use him either.

He has to go.

U definately know more than i do because i watch like maybe 15 celtic games a year but from what ive seen. he still can shoot the 3 ball with the best of them. his freethrow shooting is so great you can use him for late game fouls, techs etc.. and he's still really clutch. N his one on one D was great against kobe yesterday. His D on the last shot kobe took was A+ defense. trade him for ellis and bostons D is no where near what it was cuz ellis is undersized. the celts D would be exploited so much. get kevin martin and you get a guy who has no playoff exp, not clutch and less range and pure shooting than ray. not to mention he is prone to injury. Ray has been playing the most games of the big 3 since theyve became a tandem if im not mistaken.
I really think they should stick with ray. but id be a happy laker fan if they did pull of a trade. No wait, i take that back. i wanna beat boston in the finals. please dont trade Ray. i want boston to be able to make it to the finals

smith&wesson
The reason KG even agreed to sign in boston wasbecause allen signed there. i can see things going down hill really fast for boston if they lose allen.

pierce and kg may retire after next season if this happends.

sugarrayray

He has to go.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhhh hahhaahahahahaha hahahah. TONYYYY ALLENNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNn.

Wow. Have you watched an NBA game before?

Tony allen is the single dumbest guy in the entire league. You guys would probably be pretty good friends.

mlisica19
02-01-2010, 06:43 PM
I hope they do this, i have allen on my fantasy and woudl love for him 2 star on his own team and bring up some POINTS

Gibby23
02-01-2010, 06:47 PM
Good thing Boston used the MLE on Rasheed, instead of a guy like Ariza.

MTar786
02-01-2010, 06:48 PM
Corey- Ya ray allen sucks but pierce is doing great, even tho he just lost the game for you yesterday against the Lakers. 36% from the field? Are you kidding me? He's shooting 45% from the field, which is actually above his career average. Did you accidentally look at how many minutes hes averaging? Get real. Its impossible for him to shoot that badly. No ones lying about anything. Hes by far the most clutch guy the celtics have, he went off for 50 in the playoffs last year, if they get rid of him they dont have anyone to go to at the end of big games. Thats what everyone is saying. And hes still the celtics second leading scorer.

He is however having a very bad year, and the celtics definitely should trade him so they can get something for their future. The real problem with the celtics tho is KG and Rondo. Rondo's stats might be great, but his ego and the amount of shots hes taking is screwing up the big 3. He might average 9 assists per game but dont let that fool you, he is tearing the team apart. They have no chance of winning a title now with him playing the way he is. I know i'll get yelled at for this haha.

Also KG is just pitiful. He doesnt rebound well enought at all, he talks more **** than possible and doesnt even perform. Hes injured half the time. And his offense isnt that good anymore. Anybody that talks as much **** as him and is on one of the worst rebounding teams in the league says enough about a guy. And hes not even that good at defense anymore. He declined soo much faster than I ever deamed possible. Too bad, guess thats karma for being the biggest ******* in the league.

I personally think that if danny ainge wanted to keep his team afloat, he would trade rondo and Ray allen for whatever is the best package he can get for that.

i honestly think if it wasnt for rondo theyd be doing soooo bad right now. his passing is AMAZING. Their only problem is the fact that KG is not KG anymore and ray allen isnt a superstar anymore. KG and allen are basically just two good players now. Thats the difference. What KG brought to the table two years ago was enough to make them contenders no matter what. His offense was really good and his D was amazing. Just the fact that KG not being able to perform like he did 2 years ago makes them a lot weaker

JasonJohnHorn
No team in the league will trade a younger, cheaper guard with an expiring contract for an older guard with an expiring contract. It just wouldn't make sense. The only way the Celtics could move Allen is by taking on a long-term contract.

As for moving Allen, unless they can get Rip Hamilton or Iggy straight up, they should hold on to Allen and look to re-up him at season's end. I would like to see Allen end his career in Boston. Dumping him like that does not seem classy to me at all, especially after he was such a big piece of the puzzle to them winning a title.

thedfactor
Rondo and Ellis backcourt would be scary good.

ko8e24bryant
02-01-2010, 06:50 PM
NOT A SUNS FAN AT ALL...

but the best fit for him from what i'm hearing is
a trade involving suns and celtics where suns get
ray allen and the celtics get j rich, earl clark and j collins

i think it will make suns better with what they are trying to
do because they need shooters ray is a sharpshooter and he's more
consistant than j rich.

celtics could use j rich because besides pierce and rondo it gives
them another slasher and high flyer

i think it makes sense
we'll see what happens

JasonJohnHorn
02-01-2010, 06:54 PM
Wow... thats pretty sad.

I guess its all about what have you done for me lately.

Yeah, that is NOT a classy move after one bad game. He was such an important part of that championship team, and even though he had a shooting slump in the first two round of the playoffs that years, he brought his game to the finals and helped the Celtics to beat a very talented Lakers squad.

AI4MVP
NOT A SUNS FAN AT ALL...

but the best fit for him from what i'm hearing is
a trade involving suns and celtics where suns get
ray allen and the celtics get j rich, earl clark and j collins

i think it will make suns better with what they are trying to
do because they need shooters ray is a sharpshooter and he's more
consistant than j rich.

celtics could use j rich because besides pierce and rondo it gives
them another slasher and high flyer

i think it makes sense
we'll see what happens

were not just guna give up earl clark this early as a throw in. I was also thinking of a trade with the suns, but i was thining more along the lines of ray allen for something involving leandro barbosa

nycericanguy

Just because they are open to trading him doesnt mean they want to throw in the towel on their season. They are not just looking for an expiring.

MTar786
02-01-2010, 06:55 PM
j rich and grant hill for ray allen.
maybe amare and hill for ray and sheed

but if they got amare it would be a total face lift to the team. they should just keep things as is

thedfactor
02-01-2010, 06:56 PM
If I'm the suns I don't like losing JRich's shooting and finishing ability for Allen despite the nice expiring deal he has.

Will they trade Nash if they did do this, losing Amare for starters, then possibly Jrich and Allen next season if this happened.

Tony_Starks
02-01-2010, 06:58 PM

You should be ashamed to call yourself a Celtic fan! The guy helps you win a title then at the first sign of trouble you're willing to ship him out? Is that how it works? Remember what your team was doing BEFORE he got there? WOW, what happened to loyalty?

Im no Celtic fan but Im a fan of good basketball. If you can sit there and say that Ray Allen hasn't helped this franchise become respectable you are totally insane. The guy is only trailing Reggie Miller for all time 3's, a future HOF and you want him out?

Sad.

BTownTeamsRKing
02-01-2010, 06:58 PM
were not just guna give up earl clark this early as a throw in. I was also thinking of a trade with the suns, but i was thining more along the lines of ray allen for something involving leandro barbosa

Ray Allen and JR Giddens for Jason Richardson and Leandro Barbosa.

shep33
02-01-2010, 06:59 PM
If they get Ellis they'll score more but likely win less. Basically they'd start 2 guys who need the ball in Rondo and Ellis, so that ain't gonna work with bigger guards exploiting that. They shouldn't trade Ray, but if they have to I mean something they can look at would be... Tayshaun Prince who's on the block, Caron Butler, Tmac, JR Smith, but really none of those guys would help, cause Boston would only have Pierce and House as good shooters, and House is streaky. Ray allows you to stretch the defense unlike any other player in the league. Other guys available, Kevin Martin and Iggy, but again big guards will take advantage of Martin, and Iggy is great but can't shoot. I dunno, the team can't score, and their defense isn't as good as it use to be.

shep33
02-01-2010, 07:00 PM

Man Ray Allen on the Suns would average 30ppg...

BTownTeamsRKing
02-01-2010, 07:00 PM
You should be ashamed to call yourself a Celtic fan! The guy helps you win a title then at the first sign of trouble you're willing to ship him out? Is that how it works? Remember what your team was doing BEFORE he got there? WOW, what happened to loyalty?

Im no Celtic fan but Im a fan of good basketball. If you can sit there and say that Ray Allen hasn't helped this franchise become respectable you are totally insane. The guy is only trailing Reggie Miller for all time 3's, a future HOF and you want him out?

Sad.

when Ray Allen gives me his money, il feel bad for him. He is a pro athlete. The only guy on this team who gets emotional attachment is Paul Pierce and no one else.

I want to win. not watch someone else win while ray walks to another team.

AI4MVP
02-01-2010, 07:01 PM

but if they got amare it would be a total face lift to the team. they should just keep things as is

wow. this is the funniest joke ive ever heard! how long r u in town. im guna come see ur show. u, my friend, are a riot

effen5

Sad.

LOL? **** loyalty, you do what you gotta do to win.

BTownTeamsRKing
Man Ray Allen on the Suns would average 30ppg...

i like the deal.

effen5
02-01-2010, 07:03 PM

Is this a joke?

AI4MVP
02-01-2010, 07:08 PM

bro are u ****in kidding me? two guys that can put up 30 on any given night for an aging expiring contract and a dude that is in the d league right now? give me a ****ing break u celtics fans think u can always get anything u want. say something fair. maybe if u through in big baby instead of jr giddens who will prolly be struggling to find a euroleague contract in a couple years

Stunner
02-01-2010, 07:09 PM
OK and last month the C's were trying to give us their garbage for Kirk, but we declined. Ray Allen isnt getting traded for Ellis dats not going to happen ever. Rondo and Ellis both need the ball to operate which is going to cuz problems for Rondo's ego. I think Kirk and Salmons would be a great addition to the C's and would really but them in the Finals for sure

Rondo
Salmons
Paul
KG
Perkins

Wallace
Kirk
Daniels
House
Davis
Scal
Allen
Williams

Thats one hell of a team i may say so my self that could win the championship if the trigger gets pulled with everybody healthy.

Cubsfan365
02-01-2010, 07:10 PM
I think the Celtics already made an offer for Hinrich earlier this year...hahaha

effen5
02-01-2010, 07:11 PM
I think the Celtics already made an offer for Hinrich earlier this year...hahaha

x2

fail

SA5195
02-01-2010, 07:12 PM
Are they crazy?

They won't even make the finals without Ray Allen.

Stunner
02-01-2010, 07:12 PM

lol here it go http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/ian_thomsen/01/29/countdown.trade.deadline/index.html?eref=sihp

AIMelo=KillaDUO
02-01-2010, 07:13 PM
Jesus is goin to Denver!

magichatnumber9
02-01-2010, 07:22 PM
I would like to see Brad Miller and Perkins playing together. Step into there office and step out with a black eye.

magichatnumber9
02-01-2010, 07:23 PM
Derrick Rose for Ray Allen sounds outstanding. What do ya think Chi Town

effen5
02-01-2010, 07:24 PM

What about Pargo for Garnett, Pierce, and Allen?

Rose
Allen
Pierce
Garnett
Noah

Prince Papi
02-01-2010, 07:24 PM
Truth is the celtics dont need ray allen anymore thats why they might be looking to move him. RONDO is doing everything ray does and more.... you have eddie house stepping up and knocking down the three ball and you have shed that spreads the floor with his all around game. FRANKLY the only ONE player thats crusial to the franchise is KG.... now without him the celtics are nothing.... if they have him though they will be just fine.

DENVER? Who would you trade from denver to make this trade happen? I dont see it

Prince Papi
02-01-2010, 07:26 PM

I hope your just trying to be funny!!! .....:eyebrow:

Reversed86Curse
02-01-2010, 07:31 PM
Ray is playing bad but so is everyone on the C's not named Rondo. Danny Ainge will be an idiot if he trades Ray. They have a legit shot at winning a ring and he wants to trade by far thier best shooter??

Uh, no- Pierce is having a great year: he's shooting career best FG,3pt (Leading the league) and FT%'s while scoring comparably to 07 and 08 seasons in 2 minutes less per game. And he's the teams best shooter this year.

Perkins is shooting a career best FG% on almost double his FGA vs last year at this point, his scoring is up and he's playing great D.

fresh prince
02-01-2010, 07:34 PM
Are they crazy?

They won't even make the finals without Ray Allen.

They arent making it now anyway.. might as well shake it up

Reversed86Curse
02-01-2010, 07:42 PM
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhhh hahhaahahahahaha hahahah. TONYYYY ALLENNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNn.

Tony allen is the single dumbest guy in the entire league. You guys would probably be pretty good friends.

Do YOU watch the NBA, not to mention a Celtics game? So far, your last two posts are the two most ******** posts I've ever read.

Since returning from his injury, Tony Allen has been a key part of the second unit, and at times playing VERY well with the first unit. His defense has been extremely solid, he's been really aggressive going to the basket and Rondo does in fact love to run the floor with him. Have a clue first before posting.

jojoe1188
02-01-2010, 07:49 PM
should have traded ray coming off that bulls series last year his value never would have been higher.....allen is still serviceable but i can't believe how many people are clinging to his past accomplishments

Cowboys123456
02-01-2010, 07:54 PM
People may think this is a bit nuts but....

calderon for Allen

Cowboys123456
02-01-2010, 07:54 PM
Toronto could use the salery and spend it elsewhere in the off season and Allen would be a great addition to the team.

lowdown32
02-01-2010, 07:55 PM
bye-bye Finals.

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

LanceUpperCut
02-01-2010, 08:01 PM
I like Ray ray but I think people on here are overrating his value for sure. I think they want to trade him cause he does'nt cry after every foul like the rest of the team.

Super.
02-01-2010, 08:02 PM

Were you even watching the Lakers/Celtics game? TA was torching Kobe who is one of the best defensive SG's in the game

_KB24_
02-01-2010, 08:02 PM
That would be a dick move on Boston's behalf. Without him, they don't win the title in 08. The guy is a model citizen and has done everything right since joining Boston. He's still lethal from downtown and a proven big time performer in the clutch. I say that it would be a steal if they were able to re-sign him for 7-9 million next year.

apocalypse15
02-01-2010, 08:03 PM
I understand the C's want to get younger, but for Ray's expense? I don't like it but I'm not calling the shots. Ray has a house out here in CT and actually got to shake his hand and help him with finding things around the store. He's a down to earth dude considering he was shopping right in town for clothes, home goods, etc. I like the team we have, we just need to be healthy. So I guess getting younger might help.

Kakaroach
02-01-2010, 08:04 PM
Yeah, I don't think Boston would deal him. It would just make them look bad.

Sportfan
02-01-2010, 08:07 PM
Why is everyone saying the Celtics cant make the finals without Allen? Pierce has been making more 3's than Allen. Ray has been disgusting from 3, shooting under 34%. His defense his horrible too.

If we're talking a Igloudala, Monta, Martin, accusistation, then I'm all for it.

BTownTeamsRKing
02-01-2010, 08:09 PM
Why is everyone saying the Celtics cant make the finals without Allen? Pierce has been making more 3's than Allen. Ray has been disgusting from 3, shooting under 34%. His defense his horrible too.

finally a smart person. thank you for that. i thought all basketball fans had gone either blind, stupid, or drug addicted. ray is shooting horrible and thats his best trait

Super.
02-01-2010, 08:13 PM

If we're talking a Igloudala, Monta, Martin, accusistation, then I'm all for it.

Same here man

BTownTeamsRKing
02-01-2010, 08:13 PM
bro are u ****in kidding me? two guys that can put up 30 on any given night for an aging expiring contract and a dude that is in the d league right now? give me a ****ing break u celtics fans think u can always get anything u want. say something fair. maybe if u through in big baby instead of jr giddens who will prolly be struggling to find a euroleague contract in a couple years

your team is inches away from missing the playoffs. if Nash is so amazing and Amare is the young king of power forawards and barbosa and j rich can throw in 30 every night, why are the suns doing just ok?

someones overrating their team.

BTownTeamsRKing
02-01-2010, 08:15 PM
Same here man

these so called bball fans think trading Ray Allen means dumping him for nothing.

he has an 18.7 million expiring contract for the SUMMER of 2010.

Nighthawk
02-01-2010, 08:32 PM
I LOVE people saying we cant win anything without RAY. Im hoping we trade him so we can win.

itsripcity32
02-01-2010, 08:37 PM

:facepalm:

LA_Raiders
02-01-2010, 09:18 PM
lol, got to love bean town

thephoenixson28
02-01-2010, 09:21 PM
Jrich,Taylor griffen, pavlovich trade exception, for ray allen

BADKNEES
02-01-2010, 09:26 PM
Or what about Ray Allen for JR Smith and Filler

JR Smith in a Celtics Jersey? What are you smokin bro?

BADKNEES
02-01-2010, 09:29 PM
Truth is the celtics dont need ray allen anymore thats why they might be looking to move him. RONDO is doing everything ray does and more.... you have eddie house stepping up and knocking down the three ball and you have shed that spreads the floor with his all around game. FRANKLY the only ONE player thats crusial to the franchise is KG.... now without him the celtics are nothing.... if they have him though they will be just fine.

DENVER? Who would you trade from denver to make this trade happen? I dont see it

Dillusional

JordansBulls
02-01-2010, 09:34 PM
JR Smith in a Celtics Jersey? What are you smokin bro?

Or what about a Manu for Allen swap?

TheWatcher34
02-01-2010, 09:43 PM
Eventhough Allen is currently struggling, he still CAN go off any night.
with that being said, he shut down Kobe for nearly the entire game.
Boston is a defensive team, so Ray is right on the money!

jojoe1188
02-01-2010, 09:43 PM
Or what about a Manu for Allen swap?

dont know what ginobili's contract status is, but i'd do that

Stunner
02-01-2010, 09:49 PM
:facepalm:

how is dat a face palm dats a fair trade

Salmons a 2/3 guard that can play d and shoot the 3 and drive, Kirk a back up PG that can play d and make open shots and will all House not to worry about having the ball so he can shoot 3 all day. Hell if they cant get wat is rumored but less likely a Kevin Martin or Monta Ellis, this will be one of the best offers they could help them now and a lil in the future. Im real tired of people not looking at the big pic. And C's fans better jump on dis to if u dont want your hated Lakers fans looking to trade for Kirk too. If they get him your championship goals are as good as done.

effen5
02-01-2010, 09:58 PM
your team is inches away from missing the playoffs. if Nash is so amazing and Amare is the young king of power forawards and barbosa and j rich can throw in 30 every night, why are the suns doing just ok?

someones overrating their team.

Boston 29-16 in the east
Phx 28-21 in the west

Calm Down PHX obviously has to play against better teams while Boston is struggling right now in the east. Losing 11 out of 17, losing 5 out of 7 against western teams....

smith&wesson
02-01-2010, 10:00 PM
ray allen for calderon and reggie evans ? calderon and wright ?

Giantwarrior
02-01-2010, 10:14 PM
Monta Ellis for Ray Allen is not going to happen. comon.... seriously?

too bad michael redd is injured, it would have been an even trade.

Giantwarrior
02-01-2010, 10:16 PM
what about Ray Allen for Tmac? thats sounds pretty interesting.

BkOriginalOne
02-01-2010, 10:19 PM
Ainge failed in not bolstering the bench of this team in the offseason.

They STILL need a backup PG, and could use a backup for Pierce ( a guy like Nocioni would be perfect)

_KB24_
02-01-2010, 10:23 PM
Wow, love the loyalty factor Boston fans.

ElMarroAfamado
02-01-2010, 10:29 PM
Ray Ray is dirty... Celtics trade him and they got no shot at going to the finals.

their chances were slim with Ray but i think you are right without him they can kiss even the conference finals goodbye

Giantwarrior
02-01-2010, 10:32 PM
Ray Allen for T-Mac?? what do you think?

Nighthawk
02-01-2010, 10:33 PM
Wow, love the loyalty factor Boston fans.

I dont get this comment. Were LOYAL to our TEAM. Allen is a nice guy. Such a model citizen. But if his expiring contract makes us younger and deeper and overall better, you bet id trade him. I want the C's to remain contenders and get better heading into this years playoffs and future seasons. Stupid comment.

td0tsfinest
02-01-2010, 10:35 PM
We'll take Ray Allen. Give you a first rounder, maybe throw in marcus banks.

Slimsim
02-01-2010, 10:37 PM
Nate Robinson, Hughe and JJ

JLynn943
02-01-2010, 10:44 PM
The huge expiring contract would be nice, but I really hope Sacramento doesnt swap Martin for Allen.

Nighthawk
02-01-2010, 10:45 PM
We'll take Ray Allen. Give you a first rounder, maybe throw in marcus banks.

your first rounder will be late seeing as Toronto will most likely make the playoffs? Marcus Banks? Been there done that.

_KB24_
02-01-2010, 10:47 PM
I dont get this comment. Were LOYAL to our TEAM. Allen is a nice guy. Such a model citizen. But if his expiring contract makes us younger and deeper and overall better, you bet id trade him. I want the C's to remain contenders and get better heading into this years playoffs and future seasons. Stupid comment.

The guy is clearly indicating that he wants to stay and is willing to take a pay cut just to stay. He was one of the biggest reasons that turned around a disgruntled, pathetic team back to its glory days. And he is the PERFECT fit to what the Celtics require at the SG position. He's been struggling, but maybe we wouldn't have had this discussion if his 3 went it. He's your biggest playoff performer and if you want to trade him for guys like Hinrich and Martin, go ahead. Just makes our job a whole lot easier.

cf267872
02-01-2010, 10:49 PM
Amar'e Stoudemire/Jason Richardson for Ray Allen/Kendrick Perkins

Gives BOS a solid front court option even if KG is injured. I can see a solid lineup for each team obviously, but IMO I see both teams continuing to play playoff caliber basketball if this were ever to happen. Personally, I don't see BOS trading such a valuable piece of their team.

PHX: Nash/Allen/Hill/Frye/Lopez
PHX Bench: Dragic/Barbosa/Dudley/Amundson-Clark/Perkins

BOS: Rondo/Richardson/Pierce/Garnett/Stoudemire
BOS Bench: House/Daniels/Allen/Davis/Wallace

kingkenny01
02-01-2010, 10:52 PM
Bring him back home
Make him a buck again
Ray Allen for Luke Ridinor and Dan Godzariech
might as well get ride of him can't win with him or can't win without him

Nighthawk
02-01-2010, 10:57 PM
The guy is clearly indicating that he wants to stay and is willing to take a pay cut just to stay. He was one of the biggest reasons that turned around a disgruntled, pathetic team back to its glory days. And he is the PERFECT fit to what the Celtics require at the SG position. He's been struggling, but maybe we wouldn't have had this discussion if his 3 went it. He's your biggest playoff performer and if you want to trade him for guys like Hinrich and Martin, go ahead. Just makes our job a whole lot easier.

I dont understand the ray allen love. We want to get rid of his contract and everyone is making it out like were trading Jordan. Allen is still in great shape and can still shoot, but his contract is nice for teams looking at salary for this summer. Im all for trading Ray if we get better doing it. Im sure Ainge is thinking the same thing.

DodgerBulls
02-01-2010, 10:58 PM
If RayRay is gone, KG gets injured againnn.. that leaves out Pierce. I wonder what he will think of this if it ever happens.

dominater6192
02-01-2010, 11:00 PM
Ray Allen for T-Mac?? what do you think?

That would be so pointless for both teams:
The Celtics would get an injury prone SG who has'nt logged any significant minutes all year. This is'nt the All-Star T-Mac from years ago, even with Allen's down numbers he is better both offensively and defnsively than the current T-Mac.
And the Rockets are said to want young talent in return for T-Macs huge expiring contract, Ray Allen, 37, is 6 years older than T-Mac.

T-Macs 22 mill and Allen's 18 mill is a lot of cap room to work with for any team and with several teams wanting to make a splash in 2010 both teams could get good young players for just the cap space. It makes no sense to exchange a digressing player who provides cap space for a digressing player who provides cap space, especially when so many better offers could be out there.

mynameismo
02-01-2010, 11:01 PM
Like what most said.. No Ray No title.. Can't blame him for having an Off night against the Lakers. If your in Kobe's face the whole game, it'll take a toll on you offensively. Fact is, He played great defensively.. Kobe was just being Kobe.

Only way I'd trade him is if he goes to a salary dumping team for 2010 willing to buy him out so we can sign him again after 30 days.

Say Philly, Was, or Sac? other than that. No thanks.

Strumpy
02-01-2010, 11:03 PM
Nate Robinson, Hughe and JJ
Bench player + 2 bags of garbage? Pass

Bring him back home
Make him a buck again
Ray Allen for Luke Ridinor and Dan Godzariech
might as well get ride of him can't win with him or can't win without him
:puke:

We're looking for players, not piles of dog ****.

Baldyy
02-01-2010, 11:04 PM
They'll regret it

IversonIsKrazy
02-01-2010, 11:07 PM
wheres the loyalty? Damn, I can't believe there shopping him, i still dont actually believe it. But here are some scenarios I can think of (most have bin said already)

1. Monta 4 Ray Swap
2. K-Mart 4 Ray Swap
3. C-Butler + Stevenson 4 Ray

I like the Kings trade the most though, Tyreke + Ray would play along great, but this wouldn't seem loyal from the Celtics end.

dominater6192
02-01-2010, 11:38 PM
wheres the loyalty? Damn, I can't believe there shopping him, i still dont actually believe it. But here are some scenarios I can think of (most have bin said already)

1. Monta 4 Ray Swap
2. K-Mart 4 Ray Swap
3. C-Butler + Stevenson 4 Ray

I like the Kings trade the most though, Tyreke + Ray would play along great, but this wouldn't seem loyal from the Celtics end.

I highly doubt the Kings or Warriors would make those deals. Why would GS trade their franchise player who is only 24 and is palying at an All-Star level averaging 25PPG 5APG 5RPG for a 37 year old who is digressing and would most likely walk at end of the season? And why would Kings trade the guy who they committed their franchise to last year for the same thing, a digressing player 37 year old rental? I know there is speculation about Evans and Martin struggles in backcourt together but why would the Kings trade him before seeing a full season of how they play together instead of a couple weeks? And why would'nt they trade Martin for a young talented low post player or true PG instead of Allen?
But I could see the Butler trade go down. The Celtics want a younger talented SG and Butler gives them that and Stevenson gives them depth off the bench. And the Wizards want to clear out some cap room to rebuild and Allens 18 mill expring gives them that. However I do'nt think Butler is a big enough improvement for the C's to stab Allen in the back.

C_Mund
02-01-2010, 11:39 PM
Whatever.
I think that if (IF) they're healthy, the Celtics are still the best team in the league come playoff time.
Allen's only a part of their recent problems, but they'll pull up their socks....cuz otherwise the raps are gonna catch them over the next few weeks!!

_KB24_
02-02-2010, 12:04 AM
I highly doubt the Kings or Warriors would make those deals. Why would GS trade their franchise player who is only 24 and is palying at an All-Star level averaging 25PPG 5APG 5RPG for a 37 year old who is digressing and would most likely walk at end of the season? And why would Kings trade the guy who they committed their franchise to last year for the same thing, a digressing player 37 year old rental? I know there is speculation about Evans and Martin struggles in backcourt together but why would the Kings trade him before seeing a full season of how they play together instead of a couple weeks? And why would'nt they trade Martin for a young talented low post player or true PG instead of Allen?
But I could see the Butler trade go down. The Celtics want a younger talented SG and Butler gives them that and Stevenson gives them depth off the bench. And the Wizards want to clear out some cap room to rebuild and Allens 18 mill expring gives them that. However I do'nt think Butler is a big enough improvement for the C's to stab Allen in the back.

Monta is being shopped because of the emergence of Stephen Curry, who has shown the potential to become a better player than Monta. And I wonder who can help Curry develop his game who plays a similar style.......hmm.........

RaptorizedKevin
02-02-2010, 12:21 AM
In my opinion, this is disrespectful to Ray...

danny ainge is a gm who will exlploud the roaster , he doesnt know what chemistry is. he wanted to trade ray allen and rondo last season. hes that stupid. hes gonna cost boston from even reaching the confrence finals. whos gonna hit all the clutch shots for boston? they'll cry when they loose in the semi's. i agree with yu. its downright disrespect, for ray allens name to go up in trade rumors. if it werent for so many of his shots, the celtics would had lost in the first round.

CowboysKB24
02-02-2010, 12:25 AM
I don't understand how the Celtics can get anything for Ray Allen. He is getting older and is not that good. Why wouldn't any team give up some youth for an old guy like him? Monta Ellis for Ray Allen would be completely ridiculous. Why would GSW want him? I mean really? They could get much better for Ray Allen.

CowboysKB24
02-02-2010, 12:27 AM

Are you kidding me? That is a joke right? Why would the Cavs make a trade with the Celtics? Big Z is underrated and Gibson is a shooter like Ray. I am losing respect for you after that one man. That trade is not going to happen. Please tell me you were kidding. The only reason I see the Cavs doing that deal is for a run a the championship this year. If they didn't win LeBron would definitely be out. You are crazy. No way.

mynameismo
02-02-2010, 12:32 AM
I don't understand how the Celtics can get anything for Ray Allen. He is getting older and is not that good. Why wouldn't any team give up some youth for an old guy like him? Monta Ellis for Ray Allen would be completely ridiculous. Why would GSW want him? I mean really? They could get much better for Ray Allen.

Because he is an 18M expiring contract in the summer of Lebron.

His contract can turn into signing a Max Contract (LBJ, Dwayne, CB4, Boozer, Amar'e, etc..) given the right situation.

RaptorizedKevin
02-02-2010, 12:36 AM
the cavs should be INTERESTED IN RAY ALLEN.

their offer" big z + filler"

mynameismo
02-02-2010, 12:41 AM
Are you kidding me? That is a joke right? Why would the Cavs make a trade with the Celtics? Big Z is underrated and Gibson is a shooter like Ray. I am losing respect for you after that one man. That trade is not going to happen. Please tell me you were kidding. The only reason I see the Cavs doing that deal is for a run a the championship this year. If they didn't win LeBron would definitely be out. You are crazy. No way.

Agreed. Especially to a rival? Not happening.

td0tsfinest
02-02-2010, 12:54 AM

:eyebrow:

dominater6192
02-02-2010, 01:53 AM
Monta is being shopped because of the emergence of Stephen Curry, who has shown the potential to become a better player than Monta. And I wonder who can help Curry develop his game who plays a similar style.......hmm.........

First of all Monta was being shopped earlier this year because he got in an argument with Coach Don Nelson and demanded a trade. But after meeting with Warrior's GM and Stephen Jackson's trade, Ellis has taken on an extended role and is happy in GS and GS has not intent on trading him. Thus explaining why Don Nelson laughed at the idea of the rumor.

http://www.sbnation.com/2010/1/26/1271066/ray-allen-boston-celtics-monta-ellis-golden-state-warriors-trade-rumor-not-happening

Secondly just because Curry is emerging does'nt mean the Warriors would have to trade Ellis. Look at the stats for January:
Curry 19.1 PPG .480 FG% .486 3P% 5.1APG 4.4 RPG and 2.0 SPG
Ellis 26.6 PPG .434 FG% .323 3P% 6.2 APG 4.2 RPG and 1.8 SPG
Their game compliments each other quite well. Ellis is a player who attacks the basket to get his points while Curry is a deadly shooter. Offensively they could be as good a back court in NBA. Defensively their small and struggle but no one on GS plays D and both are very dangerous in passing lanes.

And lastly no FO in the NBA would give up their team's best player for a mentor that would just be stupid. Your logic is saying that if Cleveland offered Portland Shaq for Brandon Roy they'd accept it. Portland has two young guards in Bayless and Fernandez that could take Roy's place and Shaq could mentor Greg Oden. Do you see how stupid a philosphy that is? I would love to hear one example in which a team trades their best player for a mentor. If GS wants a mentor so bad for Curry they would try and persuade Reggie Miller to help him instead of sacrifing thier Franchise player for an aging Allen. If Ellis goes anywhere which I doubt he does it'll be for a front court player.

mynameismo
02-02-2010, 02:24 AM
Only reason a team will trade for Ray Allen (Right Now) is because of his expiring contract. Meaning teams who have an eye for the 2010 free agents. Since I don't think GS will attract a Max Player free agent, they'd rather keep Monta than to have cap space but no one to sign.

Storch
02-02-2010, 02:37 AM
Ray is being disrespected hardcore

JordansBulls
02-02-2010, 09:39 AM

Because Ray would be ideal to be with Lebron.

NickyNick
02-02-2010, 09:53 AM
Because Ray would be ideal to be with Lebron.

absolutely, Allen next to Lebron would be lights out

69centers
02-02-2010, 10:04 AM
Glad you guys spent 9 pages talking about an inaccurate quote by the OP. The reports are that the Celtics are shopping Ray for a younger guard AND an expiring contract, NOT a guard with an expiring contract!!!

http://blog.masslive.com/parquetpride/2010/02/celtics_buzz_green_shopping_ra.html

dudefromltu
02-02-2010, 12:20 PM
Oh man and i traded him in the new fantasy basketball league like bballzone.net

LayZbone
02-02-2010, 12:20 PM

Glad you guys spent 9 pages talking about an inaccurate quote by the OP. The reports are that the Celtics are shopping Ray for a younger guard AND an expiring contract, NOT a guard with an expiring contract!!!

http://blog.masslive.com/parquetpride/2010/02/celtics_buzz_green_shopping_ra.html

thats what I initially thought. The OP's article was confusing.

Jays Claw
02-02-2010, 04:56 PM
The Celtics would suck if they decided to trade Ray Allen. :facepalm:

Kdirt
02-02-2010, 05:20 PM

Because the Warriors cant win with Monta and Curry in the same backcourt. Curry is emerging and Ray Allen would give the Warriors around 20 million in expiring contracts, leaving them poised to make a splash at Amare, Boozer, and/or Bosh etc... considering they have a glaring need at PF/C.

X12Celtics3
02-02-2010, 05:57 PM
I'm a huge Ray Allen fan, but I really don't think that the Celtics have a great shot at the title this year and would love another young player to compliment Rondo and Perkins in the future. Its not like the Celtics don't have other scorers, although Allen will certainly be missed in the clutch (assuming he leaves).

Reversed86Curse
02-02-2010, 07:23 PM
That would be so pointless for both teams:
The Celtics would get an injury prone SG who has'nt logged any significant minutes all year. This is'nt the All-Star T-Mac from years ago, even with Allen's down numbers he is better both offensively and defnsively than the current T-Mac.
And the Rockets are said to want young talent in return for T-Macs huge expiring contract, Ray Allen, 37, is 6 years older than T-Mac.

T-Macs 22 mill and Allen's 18 mill is a lot of cap room to work with for any team and with several teams wanting to make a splash in 2010 both teams could get good young players for just the cap space. It makes no sense to exchange a digressing player who provides cap space for a digressing player who provides cap space, especially when so many better offers could be out there.

Ray Allen is 34- won't be 35 til July- McGrady is 30

BTownTeamsRKing
02-02-2010, 07:36 PM
Ray is being disrespected hardcore

then maybe he wont let Tony Allen outshine him in last night's game in washington in the 4th quarter.

TA is gives this team more than Ray does. sad and crazy, but true. ray can be attributed to the celtics awful 4th quarters big time. he goes ice cold when the celtics are falling behind.