PDA

View Full Version : Contemplating the East Playoff Picture

pebloemer
02-01-2010, 04:16 PM
So, I think most will agree that the Top 4 teams in the East have solidifed themselves in spots 1-4 going into the playoffs (anything can happen, but reaosnably speaking, this is what we can expect).

What positions to people predict Boston, Orlando, Cleveland and Atlanta will rank in the conference at seasons' end?
What do people make of the Top 4 East teams?
Who are their preferable matchups in the second round?
Who is your pick to come out of the Eastern Conference playoffs picture?

Beyond those four teams, it seems that a push from Charlotte, Chicago and Toronto, along with the steady Miami Heat have resulted in a command of the 5-8 spots in the conference?

How would you rank these teams?
What are favorable matchups for them in the first round?
Are any of them capable of a first round upset? Who?

Furthermore:
Is there any Eastern Conference team on the outside looking in that people feel have a good shot of making the playoffs (ie Milwaukee?).

Macedonian
02-01-2010, 04:28 PM
1. Cleveland
2. Orlando
3. Toronto
4. Atlanta

5. Boston
6. Charlotte
7. Miami
8. Milwaukee

td0tsfinest
02-01-2010, 04:31 PM
1. Cleveland
2. Orlando
3. Toronto
4. Atlanta

5. Boston
6. Charlotte
7. Miami
8. Milwaukee

Whoaa you're going to get it from some celtic fans.

But the way the raptors and celtics are playing this could very well happen.

clutchski
02-01-2010, 04:32 PM
I see it:

1) Cleveland
2) Orlando
3) Boston
4) Atlanta

5) Toronto (barring a end-of-season failure against weaker opposition)
6) Charlotte
7) Miami (I think they'll get their act together)
8) Chicago (If they cool off a bit)

marlinsfan24
02-01-2010, 04:35 PM
1. Cleveland
2. Orlando
3. Boston
4. Atlanta

5. Chicago
6. Toronto
7. Miami
8. Charlotte

Cleveland-Charlotte, Cle sweeps 4-0
Orlando-Miami, Orlando wins tough series 4-2
Boston-Toronto, Toronto wins series 4-3
Atlanta-Chicago, Atlants wins 4-1

Cleveland-Atlanta, Cleveland wins 4-1
Orlando-Toronto, Orlando wins 4-1

Cleveland-Orlando, Orlando wins 4-3

JordansBulls
02-01-2010, 04:36 PM
Well I hope Boston is 4th so that they play Cleveland in round 2.

1. Cleveland
2. Orlando
3. Atlanta
4. Boston
5. Toronto
6. Chicago
7. Charlotte
8. Miami

That's how I want the seeding and the matchups to go.

lavilevi23
02-01-2010, 04:38 PM
LOL @ Raptors fans thinking they're a top 4 team in the east.

johnwayne
02-01-2010, 04:41 PM
1. Cleveland
2. Orlando
3. Toronto
4. Atlanta

5. Boston
6. Charlotte
7. Miami
8. Milwaukee

do you "really" think the bulls will miss the playoffs.....or did u just have a brainfart?

Strumpy
1. Cleveland
2. Orlando
3. Toronto
4. Atlanta

5. Boston
6. Charlotte
7. Miami
8. Milwaukee

Oh man... I have nothing. :facepalm:

clutchski
LOL @ Raptors fan thinking they're a top 4 team in the east.

Fixed, and relax.

Stunner
LOL @ Bucks fans thinking they gonna make the playoffs.

papoose123
02-01-2010, 04:43 PM

LOL @ Heat fans in general

Strumpy
02-01-2010, 04:48 PM
LOL @ basketball fans.

DayDreamz
02-01-2010, 04:49 PM

You guys would lucky if u make the playoffs:facepalm:
All you guys have is wade and beasley

ChiBulls91
02-01-2010, 04:49 PM
No way Mil. makes the playoffs, sorry.

I got:

1- Cleveland
2-Orlando
3- Atlanta
4-Boston
5- Charlotte
6- Toronto
7- Bulls
8- Heat

pebloemer
02-01-2010, 04:51 PM
I guess I'll answer some of my own questions here:

I got:

Cleveland
Atlanta
Orlando
Boston
Chicago
Toronto
Charlotte
Miami

(I may have fixed it that way a little for some engaging first round matchups :)).

I think the team most capable of a first round upset is Charlotte (well coached, excellent defense, tough team).

I think Orlando would love to see Atlanta in the second round and I think Atlanta would love to see Boston. Even though Cleveland got taken out by Orlando in last year's playoffs, I think the may enjoy getting some revenge this year in the playoffs with Shaq to guard Dwight in the middle.

I don't think Milwaukee has it in them to take a playoff seed this year.

69centers
02-01-2010, 04:57 PM
1. Cleveland
2. Orlando
3. Toronto
4. Atlanta

5. Boston
6. Charlotte
7. Miami
8. Milwaukee

http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-laughing001.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)

Add this dude to the "homers we ignore" list.

johnwayne
02-01-2010, 04:59 PM
LOL @ basketball fans.

LOL at basketball fans who think they can see into the future...."NO..NO WAY MILWAUKEE MAKES IT" LMAO what the hell does anybody know???....did anybody think that jerome harrison would break jim browns single game rushing record? um no so quit telling other fans what will and what wont happen.

Ryan328
02-01-2010, 05:12 PM
1- cle
2- orl
3- atl
4- bos
5- cha
6- tor
7- chi
8- mia

clutchski
02-01-2010, 05:22 PM
1- cle
2- orl
3- atl
4- bos
5- cha
6- tor
7- chi
8- mia

I think I agree with this one the most other than my rankings

Rego247
02-01-2010, 05:25 PM
LOL at basketball fans who think they can see into the future...."NO..NO WAY MILWAUKEE MAKES IT" LMAO what the hell does anybody know???....did anybody think that jerome harrison would break jim browns single game rushing record? um no so quit telling other fans what will and what wont happen.

arent u contradicting urself here, i mean ur saying that there is no way milwaukee makes the playoffs, and then u say dont tell other fans what will or wont happen..u seemingly negate yourself here. U dont think milwaukee will make the playoffs..but by ur own reasoning how do u know that they wont make it? like u said "what the hell does anybody know..remember to include yourself in this statement"..No one can predict the future..anything can happen..like u say

ManRam
02-01-2010, 05:34 PM
1. Cleveland
2. Orlando
3. Atlanta
4. Boston
5. Charlotte
6. Chicago
7. Toronto
8. Miami

I know Toronto fans will be mad. I think Charlotte's defense is way too good to finish behind Chicago or Toronto. I think Chicago will edge out Toronto by a game or two. Their offense is finally getting it together. I think they are a better complete team than Toronto. I don't think any other team besides those 8 will make the playoffs.

johnwayne
02-01-2010, 05:34 PM

arent u contradicting urself here, i mean ur saying that there is no way milwaukee makes the playoffs, and then u say dont tell other fans what will or wont happen..u seemingly negate yourself here. U dont think milwaukee will make the playoffs..but by ur own reasoning how do u know that they wont make it? like u said "what the hell does anybody know..remember to include yourself in this statement"..No one can predict the future..anything can happen..like u say

look i dont want to get banned so i will refrain from calling you names i think you have rightfully earned i.e. "retardo", "dumb dumb", "space cadet"........so all i will say is pay attention....im OBVIOUSLY mocking a typical poster, maybe thats why i put it parentheses....wake up! its time for breakfast;)

Cool007
02-01-2010, 05:35 PM
1. Cleveland
2. Orlando
3. Toronto
4. Atlanta

5. Boston
6. Charlotte
7. Miami
8. Milwaukee

What are you smoking man???

Also, no Chicago??? If you didn't know Bulls are playing as well as Toronto since Christmas.

The top 4 teams are pretty much set. I see it going this way:

1 - Cleveland
2 - Orlando
3 - Boston (they will pick it up)
4 - Atlanta
5 - Chicago
6 - Toronto
7 - Charlotte
8 - Miami

I don't think any of 5-8 is going to drop out of the playoffs.

LayZbone
02-01-2010, 05:41 PM
As far as the Heat's best chances go, I want them to face Orlando in round 1. We've matched up well with them so far this season. I don't care what the seedings are.

I also really want to see Chicago vs Boston again. I want Rose and Rondo to build up a nasty rivalry.

Maybe something like:

1-Cavs
2-Celtics
3-Hawks
4-Magic
5-Heat
6-Raptors/Bobcats
7-Bulls
8-Bobcats/Raptors

Basically, I want wherever the Heat lands in the 5-8 range to matchup with Orlando in the 1-4 range. I'll take Cleveland as a backup, just to see Wade v. Lebron. I want nothing to do with ATL or BOS.

Macedonian
02-01-2010, 06:48 PM
1. Cleveland
2. Orlando
3. Atlanta
4. Boston
5. Charlotte
6. Chicago
7. Toronto
8. Miami

I know Toronto fans will be mad.
Mad???? Why? Last month (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showpost.php?p=11642968&postcount=6) you didn't consider Toronto as a play-off team...
I would not be surprised if you put the Raptors in the first three teams next month!;)

Raph12
02-01-2010, 06:51 PM
Season Seeding:
1. Cleveland
2. Orlando
3. Boston
4. Atlanta
5. Charlotte
6. Toronto
7. Chicago
8. Miami

1st Round:
Cleveland vs Miami: Cavs win 4-1
Orlando vs Chicago: Magic win 4-1
Boston vs Toronto: Celts win 4-3
Atlanta vs Charlotte: Hawks win 4-2

Semi-Finals:
Cleveland vs Atlanta: Cavs win 4-2
Orlando vs Boston: Magic win 4-2

Conference Finals:
Cleveland vs Orlando: Magic win 4-3

yungballah15
02-01-2010, 06:57 PM
Look at the rest of raptors schudele leading up 2 all star break. Then look at the way boston is playing right now. Add up the confidence the raptors are playing with. Times the number of games there behind boston by. Its realstic for raptors to get the 4th seed, you cant say its impossible, with raptors schedule its highly likely. But if boston goes, cold, after the all star break, Raptors could possibly keep that spot for a while with there schudle and play of late. But i aint saying there going finish 4th its just possible the way there playing right now and the way boston is playing.

koreancabbage
02-01-2010, 06:59 PM
Cleveland
Orlando
Atlanta
Toronto
Boston
Chicago
Charlotte
Miami

Not saying Toronto is the 4th best team in the conference, Toronto's schedule gets much easier the rest of the way except for the 4 game western road trip, but in general, much easier.

Boston is just playing weak right now, so we can conceivably see Boston and Toronto fight for the top Atlantic spot right to the end. Only 4.5 games back as of right now.

But in a contest b/w Boston and Toronto, i'd take Boston in 5 or 6

Here are the schedules for Toronto and Boston for the month of February:
Toronto...............Boston
@Indiana..............Washington
New Jersey...........Miami
Sacramento..........Orlando
Philly.....................@New Orleans
Memphis...............@Sacramento
@New Jersey........@Lakers
Washington..........@Portland
Portland................@Denver
Cleveland..............New York
@OKC....................Cleveland
..............................NJ

Raptors only play 3 road games and they have the 5th best home record in the East.

So it's conceivable Raptors could make it really interesting this month for the top spot.

tredigs
02-01-2010, 07:32 PM
1- cle
2- orl
3- atl
4- bos
5- cha
6- tor
7- chi
8- mia

Barring injury, this is the most feasible outcome.

Can I just pound into the ground the point of how ridiculous the discrepancy in the two conferences is?? And almost every top rookie (Evans, Cassipi, Steph Curry, Flynn, Blake Griffin... I guess, etc) are in the West too. Can at least a few big name free agents PLEASE go to the East? This is getting ridiculous.

sargon21
02-01-2010, 11:59 PM
Season Seeding:
1. Cleveland
2. Orlando
3. Boston
4. Atlanta
5. Chicago
6. Miami
7. Toronto
8. Charlotte

1st Round:
Cleveland vs Charlotte: Cavs win 4-1
Orlando vs Toronto: Magic win 4-2
Boston vs Miami: Celts win 4-2
Atlanta vs Chicago: Bulls win 4-3

Semi-Finals:
Cleveland vs Chicago: Cavs win 4-3
Orlando vs Boston: Boston win 4-3

Conference Finals:
Cleveland vs Boston: Cleveland win 4-3

C_Mund
02-02-2010, 12:01 AM
I think this disparity causes the lot of good rooks (for the most part) being in the west. When there's a bunch of great teams in one conference, there's bound to be a few cruddy ones. The East, however, is caulk full of mediocre teams, leading to more early-middle first round picks.
I think once certain teams start to decline because of the age of their best players (Lakers/Kobe, Spurs/Duncan, Mavs/Dirk, Nuggets/Billups-you know what I mean with that one) there will be more of a shift to the East in terms of power.

RaptorizedKevin
02-02-2010, 12:28 AM
do you "really" think the bulls will miss the playoffs.....or did u just have a brainfart?

of course they wont, derrick rose is god, so the bulls wont miss the playoffs.

RaptorizedKevin
02-02-2010, 12:34 AM
whoa, who had the raptors 3rd, and the celtics 5th? CAN yu guys pelase stop embaressing other raptor fans? :facepalm: we have an easy schedual, adn the celtics have been all over the place, but by the end of the season the celtics SHOULD sitl have the better record. if not, the stats should be like toronto 4th or something. but thats unlikely. homers need to stop embaressing raptor fans, my gosh...

ILLN355
02-02-2010, 12:43 AM
So it's conceivable Raptors could make it really interesting this month for the top spot.

Not likely with the Cavs on a winning streak.:cool:

ManRam
02-02-2010, 12:50 AM
Mad???? Why? Last month (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showpost.php?p=11642968&postcount=6) you didn't consider Toronto as a play-off team...
I would not be surprised if you put the Raptors in the first three teams next month!;)

I'm going to go beat myself with a bamboo stick for picking Detroit to make the playoffs. Shame on me.

RaptorizedKevin
02-02-2010, 12:54 AM
I'm going to go beat myself with a bamboo stick for picking Detroit to make the playoffs. Shame on me.

you had toronto not even making the playoffs, when they were obviousily at least the 5th seed, behind the hawks. the wizards were projected to be in the 5-8, and yu didnt evne consider them.

koreancabbage
02-02-2010, 01:02 AM
Season Seeding:
1. Cleveland
2. Orlando
3. Boston
4. Atlanta
5. Chicago
6. Miami
7. Toronto
8. Charlotte

1st Round:
Cleveland vs Charlotte: Cavs win 4-1
Orlando vs Toronto: Magic win 4-2
Boston vs Miami: Celts win 4-2
Atlanta vs Chicago: Bulls win 4-3

Semi-Finals:
Cleveland vs Chicago: Cavs win 4-3
Orlando vs Boston: Boston win 4-3

Conference Finals:
Cleveland vs Boston: Cleveland win 4-3

even if this happens, ATL in 5 over Chicago.

Have you seen Chicago's schedule in March. 12 of the 15 teams as of right now have records .500+

Toronto has the MUCH easier schedule down the stretch.

i'm just saying just by the schedules, i would find it hard for Chicago to make it 5th by the season's end.

ManRam
you had toronto not even making the playoffs, when they were obviousily at least the 5th seed, behind the hawks. the wizards were projected to be in the 5-8, and yu didnt evne consider them.

Umm...that was on December 10th. I didn't think the Wizards would make the playoffs at the start of the season, 2 months ago, or obviously now. They suck.

On Dec. 10, the Raps were 10-14, coming off a big loss to Milwaukee (who had a better record). They were not in the top 8. They were not "obviously" at least the 5th seed. No non-bias fan would say that. They were not a good looking team back then...they certainly are now.

J$mo0th_3o5
I really wouldn't mind if we fall to the 8th seed and face the Cavs I think we match up pretty good with them and I've been dying for a Wade vs Lebron matchup in the playoffs.

koreancabbage
Not likely with the Cavs on a winning streak.:cool:

lol nice but let me clarify for my own sake, Top spot for the Atlantic division

ILLN355
02-02-2010, 02:17 AM
lol nice but let me clarify for my own sake, Top spot for the Atlantic division

:worthy:

ChiSox219
02-02-2010, 02:22 AM
1. Cleveland
2. Orlando
3. Atlanta
4. Boston
5. Charlotte
6. Chicago
7. Toronto
8. Miami

I know Toronto fans will be mad. I think Charlotte's defense is way too good to finish behind Chicago or Toronto. I think Chicago will edge out Toronto by a game or two. Their offense is finally getting it together. I think they are a better complete team than Toronto. I don't think any other team besides those 8 will make the playoffs.

this is what I would have posted.

whitesox901
02-02-2010, 02:25 AM
1. Cleveland
2. Orlando
3. Boston
4. Atlanta
5. Charlotte
6. Chicago
7. Toronto
8. Miami

blah-blah
02-02-2010, 02:25 AM
1. Raptors
2. Nets
3. Pistons
4. Pacers
5. 76ers
6. Wizards
7. Knicks
8. Bucks

mynameismo
02-02-2010, 02:39 AM
1. Cleveland
2. Orlando
3. Boston
4. Atlanta
5. Chicago
6. Toronto
7. Miami
8. Charlotte

I think Toronto will catch up with their easier schedule but will still end up somewhere in the middle. Miami or Chicago will probably get on a streak after the Allstar Break.

Macedonian
02-02-2010, 03:51 AM
1. Raptors
2. Nets
3. Pistons
4. Pacers
5. 76ers
6. Wizards
7. Knicks
8. Bucks
Hm, I'm not really sure about this!

CAVS21
02-02-2010, 04:31 AM
1. Cleveland vs 8. Chicago
2. Atlanta vs 7. Miami
3. Orlando vs 6. Toronto
4. Boston vs 5. Charlotte

Cavs sweep Bulls
Hawks in 6 over Miami
Magic in 5 over Raptors
Boston in 7 over Cats

Cavs in 5 over Boston
Hawks in 6 over Magic

Cavs in 6 over Hawks

nolin
02-02-2010, 06:33 AM
1.Cavs
2.Magic
3.Hawks
4.Celtics
5.Bulls
6.Heat
7.Raptors
8.Bobcats

The east playoff team are set already. The only teams not in it now that i can see making a run is philly if they dont decide to do a salary dump. and maybe indiana if they can get healthy they could go on a little streak.

nipo10847
02-02-2010, 07:22 AM
1. Cleveland
2. Orlando
3. Toronto
4. Atlanta

5. Boston
6. Charlotte
7. Miami
8. Milwaukee

wow!! Really?? I didn't know excitement causes temporary brain damage:confused:

joey_botafuko17
02-02-2010, 08:34 AM
First off I am a raptors fan and have been since they were a team.

The people posting that the raptors will finish ahead of the celtics are just being stupid. I am happy with the direction the team is going, but lets be serious....they are the softest group of players and they never put it together for extended periods of time.

It gets kind of embarrassing to see some of the stuff my fellow raptors fans post in these forums, some of the opinions expressed are just rediculous. Optimism is a good thing but don't say things that are completey stupid.

The whole point of these forums is to share as unbiased of an opinion and rumor as possible, not just say that you think the raptors will finish first and win the nba championships.

That said, raptors are looking sick right now and it is conceivable that they could make the opening round interesting depending on who they play, but its even more likely they lose in 4-5 games.

LanceUpperCut
02-02-2010, 09:14 AM
whoa, who had the raptors 3rd, and the celtics 5th? CAN yu guys pelase stop embaressing other raptor fans? :facepalm: we have an easy schedual, adn the celtics have been all over the place, but by the end of the season the celtics SHOULD sitl have the better record. if not, the stats should be like toronto 4th or something. but thats unlikely. homers need to stop embaressing raptor fans, my gosh...

I don't think they will but so what if he thinks that, you said the same **** when we were playing the lakers and what happened.

LanceUpperCut
02-02-2010, 09:18 AM
First off I am a raptors fan and have been since they were a team.

The people posting that the raptors will finish ahead of the celtics are just being stupid. I am happy with the direction the team is going, but lets be serious....they are the softest group of players and they never put it together for extended periods of time.

It gets kind of embarrassing to see some of the stuff my fellow raptors fans post in these forums, some of the opinions expressed are just rediculous. Optimism is a good thing but don't say things that are completey stupid.

The whole point of these forums is to share as unbiased of an opinion and rumor as possible, not just say that you think the raptors will finish first and win the nba championships.

That said, raptors are looking sick right now and it is conceivable that they could make the opening round interesting depending on who they play, but its even more likely they lose in 4-5 games.

To me you look way stupider than all the optimistic fans. Sorry but the whole softs group thing just does'nt imply like it use to and can't put together a good run for extended periods what the hell are they doing. Ya thiers homerism but even worse is the Anti-homer.

bbcmillionaire
02-02-2010, 09:33 AM
going by rapter fans logic, the bulls could make 1-5 lmao
but whoever the bulls get in the playoffs, we''' give em' he11

Pornstar86
02-02-2010, 10:54 AM
look i dont want to get banned so i will refrain from calling you names i think you have rightfully earned i.e. "retardo", "dumb dumb", "space cadet"........so all i will say is pay attention....im OBVIOUSLY mocking a typical poster, maybe thats why i put it parentheses....wake up! its time for breakfast;)

those are called quotation marks my friend...not parentheses

" vs. ():no:

wake up! its time for breakfast

brisk002
02-02-2010, 11:22 AM
aha have to love Chicago fans... You have win 5 in a row and now you "definately have the 8th seed." You have the same team as last year... Brad Miller is old and sucks, Derrick Rose played better last season, John Salmons sucks, Tyrus Thomas has the bball IQ of a ******... Congrats, captain Kurk looks like his old self which isnt exactly saying much.

Bogut and Jennings are blossuming watch out for Milwaukee you scrub fans.

todu82
02-02-2010, 11:30 AM
1) Cleveland
2) Orlando
3) Boston
4) Atlanta
5) Toronto
6) Chicago
7) Charlotte
8) Miami

Kidddd
02-02-2010, 11:33 AM
1. Cleveland
2. Orlando
3. Atlanta
4. Toronto
5. Boston
6. Charlotte
7. Miami
8. Chicago

Finals: Cleveland in 7 over Orlando

RaptorizedKevin
02-02-2010, 01:25 PM
I don't think they will but so what if he thinks that, you said the same **** when we were playing the lakers and what happened.

kobe likes to be dramtic, and try another GAME WINNING SHOT. he knows hes gonna make it to the nba finals again, hes just getting some more fame. Surpasing jerry west and game winning shots.. just read up bout wat pau gasoll said.

one win over the lakers doeesnt mean we can be in the 3rd seed, no way in hell.

RaptorizedKevin
02-02-2010, 01:27 PM
if the raptors finish higher than the celtics as in 3rd, i think im gonning im going to smash stuff.

Sly Guy
02-02-2010, 02:45 PM
wait a second, don't division winners get 1-3 seeds despite record still?

Macedonian
02-02-2010, 03:36 PM
wait a second, don't division winners get 1-3 seeds despite record still?Not anymore... It's changed!

Teams 1 to 4 in each conference are the three division winners and the team with the next best regular-season record, with the seeding of these four teams determined by regular-season record. The playoffs seedings of Teams 5 to 8 are based upon regular-season record. Ties are broken pursuant to the rules set forth below.Source: NBA.com (http://www.nba.com/standings/team_record_comparison/conferenceNew_Std_Cnf.html)

mikantsass
02-02-2010, 03:56 PM
What are you smoking man???

Also, no Chicago??? If you didn't know Bulls are playing as well as Toronto since Christmas.

The top 4 teams are pretty much set. I see it going this way:

1 - Cleveland
2 - Orlando
3 - Boston (they will pick it up)
4 - Atlanta
5 - Chicago
6 - Toronto
7 - Charlotte
8 - Miami

I don't think any of 5-8 is going to drop out of the playoffs.

Flip Bulls and Bobcats and you got it right

RadiantShot
02-02-2010, 04:02 PM
1. Cleveland
2. Orlando
3. Atlanta
4. Boston
5. Toronto
6. Charlotte
7. Chicago
8. Miami

That's my seeding.

ldc62
02-02-2010, 04:03 PM
1) Cavs
2) Celtics (they had a tough week in terms of who they played)
3) Hawks
4) Magic
5) Raptors
6) Bulls
7) Bobcats
8) Heat

I can't see the Bucks making it unless Jennings plays the way he was early in the season.

irobson
02-02-2010, 04:07 PM
the nets are going to make a push after the all star break and claim the 8th spot

R.I.P.#34
02-02-2010, 04:15 PM
aha have to love Chicago fans... You have win 5 in a row and now you "definately have the 8th seed." You have the same team as last year... Brad Miller is old and sucks, Derrick Rose played better last season, John Salmons sucks, Tyrus Thomas has the bball IQ of a ******... Congrats, captain Kurk looks like his old self which isnt exactly saying much.

I'm not even going to get into the rest of your statement, but if you really think that Rose played better last year, then you simply haven't paid any attention to the NBA over the past two months.

thescore53
02-02-2010, 04:36 PM
the bucks are actually underated bogut is a beast
but i believe bulls
are better

Sly Guy
02-02-2010, 04:47 PM
Bogut is a beast. But jennings is a volume shooter, and a rookie, so I think still prone to inconsistency, and therefore, will leave the bucks on the outside looking in. Not that my list is all that original, but I see it like this:

1. Cleveland
2. Atlanta
3. Orlando
4. Boston
5. Toronto
6. Charlotte
7. Chicago
8. Miami

I can see Toronto and Boston switching places if Boston is hampered by injuries, but I don't see the Raps beating them in a playoff series regardless of seed unless those injuries carry forward into the playoffs. The Raps have always had trouble with Boston, their defense taking the Raps away from what they like to do best [put points on the board].

I can see Charlotte and Toronto switching places too, Charlotte is playing some strong defense and that can win them a lot of games down the stretch, but Toronto's ease of schedule keeps them at the top of the bottom 4 IMO.

Chicago, simply put, I'm not sold on yet. They lack the offensive weaponry and I just don't see the defensive mindset in that team from the coaching staff down to the players to offset that. Yes, they are playing well right now and they do play defense, but to rise much higher, the have to play better defense than a stronger defensive team in Charlotte, or a team playing as many sub-.500's as Toronto, and I just don't see it happening.

Miami will get in, without much of a push from the other side. Simply because D-wade is awesome, and JO has found a way to play on one leg. The won't get far, simply because they have absolutely no depth.

LayZbone
02-02-2010, 04:49 PM
Bogut is a beast. But jennings is a volume shooter, and a rookie, so I think still prone to inconsistency, and therefore, will leave the bucks on the outside looking in. Not that my list is all that original, but I see it like this:

1. Cleveland
2. Atlanta
3. Orlando
4. Boston
5. Toronto
6. Charlotte
7. Chicago
8. Miami

I can see Toronto and Boston switching places if Boston is hampered by injuries, but I don't see the Raps beating them in a playoff series regardless of seed unless those injuries carry forward into the playoffs. The Raps have always had trouble with Boston, their defense taking the Raps away from what they like to do best [put points on the board].

I can see Charlotte and Toronto switching places too, Charlotte is playing some strong defense and that can win them a lot of games down the stretch, but Toronto's ease of schedule keeps them at the top of the bottom 4 IMO.

Chicago, simply put, I'm not sold on yet. They lack the offensive weaponry and I just don't see the defensive mindset in that team from the coaching staff down to the players to offset that. Yes, they are playing well right now, but to rise much higher, they will have to keep up that play, play better than a stronger defensive team in Charlotte, or a team playing as many sub-.500's as Toronto, and I just don't see it happening.

Miami will get in, without much of a push from the other side. Simply because D-wade is awesome, and JO has found a way to play on one leg. The won't get far, simply because they have absolutely no depth.

lmao....or 2 stiff legs with no knees

JordansBulls
02-02-2010, 04:59 PM
1. Cleveland
2. Orlando
3. Boston
4. Atlanta
5. Chicago
6. Toronto
7. Miami
8. Charlotte

I think Toronto will catch up with their easier schedule but will still end up somewhere in the middle. Miami or Chicago will probably get on a streak after the Allstar Break.

I'd be happy with that. We would be in the Conference finals this year if that happened. Cavs have never beaten the Bulls in a playoff series with or without HCA.

JOSKOMANG4
02-02-2010, 05:10 PM
1) cavaliers
2) celtics
3) hawks
4) magic
5) raptors
6) heat
7) bobcats
8) bulls

playoff brackets:

Cavs over bulls
celtics over bobcats
hawks over heat
magic over raptors

cavs over magic
hawks over celtics

cavs over hawks

east con champ: Cavs

uncleben989
02-02-2010, 05:14 PM
I'd be happy with that. We would be in the Conference finals this year if that happened. Cavs have never beaten the Bulls in a playoff series with or without HCA.

lol terrible logic, especially since they havent faced each other in the playoffs since jordan was in town or that the cavs have someone named Lebron James:facepalm:

koreancabbage
02-02-2010, 05:46 PM
lol terrible logic, especially since they havent faced each other in the playoffs since jordan was in town or that the cavs have someone named Lebron James:facepalm:

exactly, this is not a first time series for Lebron. This is a playoff vet Lebron James we're talking about. He'll run over any Chicago player that comes his way

dominater6192
02-02-2010, 05:59 PM

Are you kidding? Jennings has hit the rookie wall quicker than anyone I've ever seen haha.
Jennings' Oct-Nov: 21.9PPG 5.7 APG 4.0 RPG .430 FG% .500 3P%
Dec-Jan:15.4 PPG 6.5 APG 3.3 RPG .350 FG% .338 3P%

Meanwhile Rose in Dec-Jan : 21.8 PPG 6.3APG 4.2 RPG .478 FG% and if you compare those to his Rookie stats they're clearly better

And Bogut has been said to be "blossuming" since he was drafted. But he still is incredibly inconsistent.
If Michael Redd was'nt injuried than maybe Bucks would have a chance but with him down and Jennings production getting worse and worse I see the Bucks ten games below .500 by end of the year which means...no playoffs.

BALLER R
02-02-2010, 06:05 PM

have you been paying attention to the standing and the way we're playing lately.. we're on a 5 game winning streak and 7-3 in our last ten..boston is 4-6 and we're like 5 games behing them...plus now Pierce might have a broken foot so hey you never know we could end up in the top 4

ILLN355
02-04-2010, 12:53 AM
Come on JB, Cavs never even played the Bulls in the playoffs since like '96 or something. Haha

ILLN355
02-04-2010, 12:55 AM
We can also say if the Bulls were to make the finals this year and play the Lakers wouldn't the Bulls win because the Lakers never beat Chi?

RaptorsFanatic
02-04-2010, 01:00 AM
Oh God, some of you Raptor fans are really embarrassing me. No wonder we have a bad name circulating around many places.

1. Cleveland
2. Orlando
3. Atlanta
4. Boston
5. Toronto
6. Charlotte
7. Miami
8. Chicago