PDA

View Full Version : ESPN Power Rankings

Macedonian
02-01-2010, 03:05 PM
The surprise in this week's rankings has been supplied by teams such as Utah (5), Toronto (7), Charlotte (9), Chicago (13).

1 Cavaliers
2 Lakers
3 Nuggets
4 Magic
5 Jazz
6 Hawks
7 Raptors
8 Mavericks
9 Bobcats
10 Celtics
11 Trail Blazers
12 Grizzlies
13 Bulls
14 Spurs
15 Suns
16 Thunder
17 Hornets
18 Rockets
19 Heat
20 Bucks
21 Clippers
22 76ers
23 Knicks
24 Wizards
25 Pacers
26 Kings
27 Warriors
28 Pistons
29 Timberwolves
30 Nets

Source: ESPN (http://espn.go.com/nba/powerrankings)

ko8e24bryant
02-01-2010, 03:10 PM
Lakers R the best

jimbobjarree
02-01-2010, 03:11 PM
Jazz are 9-1 in their last 10 and 4th in the west, they're hardly a suprise

UofA
02-01-2010, 03:24 PM
Yeah I really don't see the Jazz as a surprise either

DerekRE_3
02-01-2010, 03:28 PM
Bobcats baby.

SirCalvin81
02-01-2010, 03:29 PM
rankings dont mean **** its just their opinions

TheKing23
02-01-2010, 03:37 PM
I don't really take anything from ESPN's power rankings. They formulate them based on recent play, hence the Celtics being 10th and the Raptors and Bobcats being above them.

They don't take into account how a team has been playing the whole season, so bear this in mind before getting too pissed off about where your team is.

With all that said, the Cavs where they belong :D

DaBUU
02-01-2010, 03:56 PM
Go Bulls!
Jazz arent a surprise to me either, they have talent. And i gotta say I love the Bobcats being above the C's, haha! Bobcats can 'D' it up with anybody in the league, Crash is a beast.

magichatnumber9
02-01-2010, 04:02 PM
WTF The Thunder get no ****ing respect.

Double_R
02-01-2010, 04:16 PM
The fact that the bobcats and raptors are above the Celtics is the reason why nobody takes these garbage power rankings serious.

Johann
02-01-2010, 04:22 PM
nets last.. WTF

:D

ChiBulls91
02-01-2010, 04:25 PM
The fact that the bobcats and raptors are above the Celtics is the reason why nobody takes these garbage power rankings serious.

the fact that you think they are garbage tells me you don't even know what power rankings are for. they are supposed to tell you how teams have been playing lately. taking the whole season into account is where you look at actual standings, not power rankings.

Double_R
02-01-2010, 04:31 PM
the fact that you think they are garbage tells me you don't even know what power rankings are for. they are supposed to tell you how teams have been playing lately. taking the whole season into account is where you look at actual standings, not power rankings.

I know your excited that your Bulls have been playing good... So ok, the power rankings is lately...well then if the Celtics were playing the Raptors or Bobcats tonight, then I would still take the Celtics, because they are still a better team right now, i don't care if they are 3-7 over their last ten and had their 1st losing month since the big 3 have been there, to me they are still more powerful than some of the teams above them

ChiBulls91
02-01-2010, 04:38 PM
I know your excited that your Bulls have been playing good... So ok, the power rankings is lately...well then if the Celtics were playing the Raptors or Bobcats tonight, then I would still take the Celtics, because they are still a better team right now, i don't care if they are 3-7 over their last ten and had their 1st losing month since the big 3 have been there, to me they are still more powerful than some of the teams above them

I cant see you taking them over the Raptors or the Bobcats. They have really earned their recent ranking. The Celtics are obviously struggling, hence their fall from ESPN's graces. I don't see how you don't take their 3-7 record into consideration. Until they have a game that shows a dominance that is expected from them, than they deserve to keep falling.

johnwayne
02-01-2010, 04:38 PM

i wouldnt....and "right now", no they're not

69centers
02-01-2010, 04:52 PM
Considering we smoked the Raptors twice this month, even during this skid we've been in, they should not have been put above us. ESPN's entire basketball coverage, commentary, analysts, and web reporting are all useless to me.

Cubsfan365
02-01-2010, 04:57 PM
They aren't even in the playoffs as of now

Cubsfan365
02-01-2010, 04:57 PM
They aren't even in the playoffs as of now

Double_R
02-01-2010, 05:01 PM
Considering we smoked the Raptors twice this month, even during this skid we've been in, they should not have been put above us. ESPN's entire basketball coverage, commentary, analysts, and web reporting are all useless to me.

Exactly

THat is why I wouldn't take those teams over the Celts..

The point I was trying to make is that power rankings are stupid, they mean absolutely nothing... If the playoffs started today and the Celtics were playing either of those teams, if you can tell me that you wouldn't take them to win, then the power rankings aren't the only thing that is stupid

johnwayne
02-01-2010, 05:04 PM

you gotta love sportsfans......103-96 and 114-107....LMAO oh yea yall SMOKED um like some ham....oh yea atlanta beat yall 93-85 and 102-96 in the same month so i guess you guys got "smoked" yourselves;)

JC_
02-01-2010, 05:17 PM

I agree the Raptors haven't done very good against the celtics but the raptors beat teams that beat the celtics like the lakers, orlando etc and are currently "hotter" than the Celtics. The power rankings aren't based on how 2 teams match up against eachother.

DaBUU
02-01-2010, 05:19 PM

C's are a weaker team now and where they're at on the rankings is accurate. Its alright you had a really nice run

Baller1
02-01-2010, 06:14 PM

Thank you.

I kinda felt like maybe I was just being a homer, but you made me feel better. What more does Durant have to do to get this team some respect?

mjt20mik
02-01-2010, 06:25 PM
I agree the Raptors haven't done very good against the celtics but the raptors beat teams that beat the celtics like the lakers, orlando etc and are currently "hotter" than the Celtics. The power rankings aren't based on how 2 teams match up against eachother.

What he said. If this was comparing two teams against each other, I would take the C's first no doubt. But it's not, so I think the Raptors deserve to be on top due to their play of late.

yungballah15
02-01-2010, 06:49 PM
How are people saying raptors shouldnt be there right now?? Its not the season, boston still has a better record then raptors but its weekly and raptors have had a better week beating lakers, and going 5-0. And boston struggling theres no way you can say there hotter than raptors right now.

bigsams50
02-01-2010, 06:49 PM
Loving the respect the Cats are gettin!!!