PDA

View Full Version : Should the Hornets trade Chris Paul?

$KnicksAndKobe$
02-01-2010, 06:15 AM
It looks like Darren Collison plays amazing when he starts at point guard.

Do you think it would be a smart choice for the hornets to trade Chris Paul? If so what do you think would be a fair trade for him?

I think they should because Collison plays really great when he starts and plays poor when he is a bench player, adding some dept for the Hornets and help Collison become there star point can benefit the team and future.

alencp3
02-01-2010, 08:03 AM
This is the dumbest thread i ever saw.

kingkenny01
02-01-2010, 08:13 AM
i hope so, so he can come to my team
otherwise the hornets would be dumb

jimbobjarree
02-01-2010, 08:26 AM
any more CP3 threads?

AsiandudePH
02-01-2010, 08:29 AM
Noooooooo way. If it comes down to Paul versus Collison, Paul wins it hands down. They could showcase Collison now that Paul is off to have surgery and then try to trade him for somebody that would benefit playing alongside Paul.

LanceUpperCut
02-01-2010, 08:52 AM
How about trade Collison, PG like CP3 don't come around often but when they do you hold on.

BigEric
02-01-2010, 08:55 AM
No.

I sure hope Vinny doesn't see this.

yankkiller
02-01-2010, 09:21 AM
Noooooooo way. If it comes down to Paul versus Collison, Paul wins it hands down. They could showcase Collison now that Paul is off to have surgery and then try to trade him for somebody that would benefit playing alongside Paul.

i agree showcase him trade him to the Knicks for maybe david lee

nipo10847
02-01-2010, 09:44 AM

Do you think it would be a smart choice for the hornets to trade Chris Paul? If so what do you think would be a fair trade for him?

I think they should because Collison plays really great when he starts and plays poor when he is a bench player, adding some dept for the Hornets and help Collison become there star point can benefit the team and future.

No and Knicks don't have the enough pieces to get him. sorry.

JasonJohnHorn
02-01-2010, 10:20 AM
I think the Hornets are in a tough spot that is not entirely unlike what the T-Wolves had with Garnett and the Grizzlie had with Pao Gasol. They have a franchise player and not enough pieces around him. The T-Wolves had to hand out a huge contract to Garnett to keep him and then didn't have enough cap-space to build around him. The Grizzlies has a simialr issue, they shelled out the money that Gasol deserved, but at the same time they were losing and his contract held them back from building a team.

So trading Paul may be something they need to do, but at the same time this team is playing well right now and looks to be on a path to the playoffs. If they manage to make the playoffs again and play to their full potential then I think hanging onto Paul and trying to pick up a free agent with the mid-level exception is smart idea, or perhaps trying to make a trade. But the Hornets have not been making money from reports that I've read in the past and do not want to spend any more money than they have and seem like they actually want to reduce payroll, so I'm not sure if the Hornets can afford to put the pieces around Paul that would really make this team a contender.

However trading Paul so that Collison can start is not a good reason. If it is a matter of money then I would understand a trade that would bring in some draft picks and a young player or two to start re-building this team, but I think hanging on to the current roster until offseason and see how they do throughout the playoffs is the best idea for this team right now.

mikantsass
02-01-2010, 10:58 AM
The only way you trade CP3 is if you get Kobe, Wade, Bron, Durant,Dwight, or Melo in return.

Why not trade Collison?

wileyisTOFU
02-01-2010, 11:03 AM
we might as well retract the hornets organization at the same time and split up their assets with the rest of the NBA

cameroncrazies2
02-01-2010, 11:39 AM
You can't trade a player while he's injured, so if they were to do so, they'd have to wait until the off-season. Like I said before, 2010 #1 pick, Courtney Lee and Brook Lopez for CP3 and make the Nets take on Mo Pete/Peja/Posey.

Russollini
02-01-2010, 11:54 AM
i said yes because a Beas for CP3 trade would be good for my beloved heat lol...He is going no where delete the post.

jim51990
02-01-2010, 11:58 AM
maybe because to quote my dude rajon hes never gunna win a ring as the number 1 option

Raph12
02-01-2010, 11:59 AM
Yup trade the best PG in the game so that a potential Top 15 PG can take over.

igPay atinLay
02-01-2010, 12:53 PM
Trade him to Philadelphia along with 5 first round draft (which will all be in the lottery after trading Chris Paul) for Willie Green.

Seriously though, if you can keep Jordon, Magic, Lebron, Stockton, Reggie Miller, etc...at the beginning of their peak you don't trade them for anything.

igPay atinLay
02-01-2010, 12:57 PM
I think the Hornets are in a tough spot that is not entirely unlike what the T-Wolves had with Garnett and the Grizzlie had with Pao Gasol. They have a franchise player and not enough pieces around him. The T-Wolves had to hand out a huge contract to Garnett to keep him and then didn't have enough cap-space to build around him. The Grizzlies has a simialr issue, they shelled out the money that Gasol deserved, but at the same time they were losing and his contract held them back from building a team.

So trading Paul may be something they need to do, but at the same time this team is playing well right now and looks to be on a path to the playoffs. If they manage to make the playoffs again and play to their full potential then I think hanging onto Paul and trying to pick up a free agent with the mid-level exception is smart idea, or perhaps trying to make a trade. But the Hornets have not been making money from reports that I've read in the past and do not want to spend any more money than they have and seem like they actually want to reduce payroll, so I'm not sure if the Hornets can afford to put the pieces around Paul that would really make this team a contender.

However trading Paul so that Collison can start is not a good reason. If it is a matter of money then I would understand a trade that would bring in some draft picks and a young player or two to start re-building this team, but I think hanging on to the current roster until offseason and see how they do throughout the playoffs is the best idea for this team right now.

This is a decent point but keep in mind the Heat had nothing when they got Wade and the Cavs had nothing when they got Lebron. You get pieces around them and win.

GodsSon
02-01-2010, 02:06 PM
Yes, they should trade him and trade him to the Raptors:)

td0tsfinest
02-01-2010, 03:58 PM
Yes, they should trade him and trade him to the Raptors:)

Makes sense. :p

alencp3
02-01-2010, 07:38 PM
Makes sense. :p

Bellinelli + Bosh + Derozan + Jack + Bargnani = CP3+Ryan Bowen
Works for me:)

td0tsfinest
02-01-2010, 07:52 PM
Bellinelli + Bosh + Derozan + Jack + Bargnani = CP3+Ryan Bowen
Works for me:)

I think the Hornets are giving up a little too much. :D

vash9
02-01-2010, 08:01 PM
Yeah, it would be the best thing to do considering CP3 is a superstar.

Obviously, the Hornets should trade a Superstar for someone, say at Kwame Brown's caliber.

ldc62
02-01-2010, 08:12 PM
The only way you trade CP3 is if you get Kobe, Wade, Bron, Durant,Dwight, or Melo in return.

Why not trade Collison?

I thought Celtics fans belive Rondo is better?
CP3 isn't even worth one of those players.

TheWatcher34
02-01-2010, 09:53 PM
a severe knee injury might decrease his value.

Vinny642
02-01-2010, 11:43 PM
Its isn't too severe...

But, hell no we don't trade Paul, yes Collison is a great and I mean great backup but seriously, Paul is the best PG in the game. Our backcourt is set with Cp(DC), Marcus Thorton. we need a player like Wright but just better, and I a true center.

soonabooma
02-02-2010, 01:22 AM
It's not about what the Hornets want to do with CP3, it's about what are they gonna do with him once he finally decides he's ready to move on to bigger and better things playing for a real organization with a real owner, a real GM and a real coach. Eventually, he will realize he's had enough of nawlins and it's gonna take more than having David West around for him to want to stay, and when that happens, they won't be able to hold onto him against his will....they'll either have to trade him or he'll move on as a free agent when the time comes. :up:

SteveNash
02-02-2010, 01:29 AM
You can't trade a player while he's injured, so if they were to do so, they'd have to wait until the off-season. Like I said before, 2010 #1 pick, Courtney Lee and Brook Lopez for CP3 and make the Nets take on Mo Pete/Peja/Posey.

You can trade an injured player, so no problem there.

Hornets SHOULD get rid of Paul, but not because of Collison. PG is the easiest role to fill and the least important in basketball. Trade Paul for a star frontcourt player and the Hornets will be much better off.

Mavrix
02-02-2010, 01:43 AM
Jason Kidd, Jason Terry, Rodrigue Beaubois, 2011 first rounder, 3 mil trade exception, and cash for Paul and Mo Pete

PatsSoxKnicks
02-02-2010, 01:48 AM
If I'm not mistaken, their owner really really wants to dump salary. I get the feeling their owner would love to put out a product where the collective team makes 5 million. The Hornets are really struggling financially.

Should they trade him? No. Will they trade him? Yes, because of the reasons I listed above. It may not happen this year, but I think it is happening eventually.

Edit: If they're able to dump Okafor, they may not trade him.

Damela
02-02-2010, 01:48 AM
This is a decent point but keep in mind the Heat had nothing when they got Wade and the Cavs had nothing when they got Lebron. You get pieces around them and win.

You cant get good players if you cant afford them.

iggypop123
02-02-2010, 02:07 AM
i dont think they are stupid but if they want to put him on the market bynum future first and any 2nd rounders they want from us(lakers have many from decent teams)for paul.

USMCLaker
02-02-2010, 02:20 AM
The correct answer isn't up there which is HELL NO!!! Trade the best PG in the game because the back-up guard is really good sorry but that just doesn't make sense.

ko8e24bryant
02-02-2010, 02:33 AM
"The only way you trade CP3 is if you get Kobe, Wade, Bron, Durant,Dwight, or Melo in return."

what are you smoking bro???
i agree cp3 is an all star pg but NOT at all
on the same level as these guy's

KG2TB
02-02-2010, 02:38 AM
"The only way you trade CP3 is if you get Kobe, Wade, Bron, Durant,Dwight, or Melo in return."

He's not? Damn, what have I been smokin ?

Method28
02-02-2010, 05:18 AM

Dont know if you actually watch him play or you just check the box score.

LeBron
Kobe
Wade
Paul
Melo
Durant
Howard

In order

nolin
02-02-2010, 06:17 AM

yes i would package him in a deal for gay and maybe thabeet. or some kind of deal where they get young talent and potential back.

$KnicksAndKobe$
02-02-2010, 06:30 AM
Trading Chris Paul wouldn't just benefit Collison. It can make there team better because if they do decide to trade Paul then it would bring them pretty good players from the trade to join there new starting point guard who has been simply amazing when starting.

Marcus Thorton has also been playing great when Paul is injured.

Big Quett
02-02-2010, 06:35 AM
yes i would package him in a deal for gay and maybe thabeet. or some kind of deal where they get young talent and potential back.

DEAL!!!!!!!!!!
Now go and call the Grizz FO

NBA-GMaster
02-02-2010, 06:42 AM
Yes, in exchange for an allstar PG and allstar SG!!

nipo10847
02-02-2010, 07:28 AM

on the same level as these guy's:facepalm::facepalm:

how can you say that you are not on drug now????

BigEric
02-02-2010, 07:57 AM
Trade crappy David West to a contender like Cleveland, for lets say their first round pick and a cap filler. Hornets will compete but will be in the lottery, and will net themselves a pretty good pick. They can choose, Monroe, Cousins, Davis, or whichever big is available.

I think Thornton is going to be the teams SG going forward, they have their PG, Paul.. and an extremely quick backup in Collison. Moving Paul isn't the teams answer, moving West is, while he still has any value.