PDA

View Full Version : Have the Lakers stepped ahead of the Celtics .

lakersfan211
02-01-2010, 12:50 AM
I know its the regular season but la has not lost to them since they got beat in the finals by them . has the lake show figured them out is bynum really that important . i know the celtics are not healthy right now but when healthy do you still think they can top the lakers , im an la fan but im being non bias , i want to know whay you guys think , by the way my 25th birthday is tomorrow happy bday to me i guess .

_KB24_
02-01-2010, 01:00 AM
Shame on you for being 25 and typing like that :facepalm:

The Lakers are the better team but the Celtics are still the only team in the NBA that can defeat us in a 7 games series. The past few games have been extremely close between the two.

marlinsfan24
02-01-2010, 01:01 AM
Lakers are the defending champs, therefore they are ahead of every other team.
/thread

Lakers4ItAll
02-01-2010, 01:04 AM
Lakers barely beat Boston today.........

masalex1205
02-01-2010, 01:06 AM
/thread

Hate this sports cliche.

The defending champs don't start the game with more points than the other team. The Lakers depth and PG issues are making them beatable these days and a great shot by Kobe in the last few seconds doesn't change this.

lakersfan211
02-01-2010, 01:09 AM
yeah my grammer is not that good but atleast i admit it .

lakersfan211
02-01-2010, 01:11 AM
Hate this sports cliche.

The defending champs don't start the game with more points than the other team. The Lakers depth and PG issues are making them beatable these days and a great shot by Kobe in the last few seconds doesn't change this.

yeah we do have pg issues right now . hopfully we well get a good one before the trade deadline , rondo killed us today .

masalex1205
02-01-2010, 01:24 AM
yeah we do have pg issues right now . hopfully we well get a good one before the trade deadline , rondo killed us today .

What do yall think about Hinrich? Im guessing the only reason you haven't pulled that deal off is b/c poor Buss is already footing a huge bill. I think the Bulls might consider it for expirings and a pick. I would, I think Chicago is the darkhorse to land a big name in 2010.

Giantwarrior
02-01-2010, 01:26 AM

maybe you should find a sports forum where you dont have to type.

td0tsfinest
02-01-2010, 01:27 AM
If you're going use periods and commas, use them properly.

Cavs are 2-0 against the Lakers this year. Their records are almost identical, Cavs playing one more game then the Lakers have.

One big thing though. Cavs have played 5 more road games and 4 less home games. That might be the difference right there. Lakers had a heavy string of home games and they utilized it. But their record on the road so far hasn't been that great.

BTW, Happy birthday.

IRUAM #21
02-01-2010, 01:27 AM

Admitting is the 1st step :clap:

td0tsfinest
02-01-2010, 01:29 AM

The thing about a triangle offense and PG is you don't really need one. Not in the traditional sense. They just need a dependable point guard that can hit the open 3 and play defense.

IRUAM #21
02-01-2010, 01:33 AM
The thing about a triangle offense and PG is you don't really need one. Not in the traditional sense. They just need a dependable point guard that can hit the open 3 and play defense.

Kirk Hinrich is the perfect fit.

td0tsfinest
02-01-2010, 01:36 AM
Kirk Hinrich is the perfect fit.

Thats true.

The expiring of Morrison and Farmar?

Chronz
02-01-2010, 05:12 AM

The Lakers are the better team but the Celtics are still the only team in the NBA that can defeat us in a 7 games series. The past few games have been extremely close between the two.

LMFAO UN-BLOCKED

And to prevent spam yes they have, its been awhile since its been a race.

LA_Raiders
02-01-2010, 05:58 AM
Rondo is killing us...we need a better PG...

CELTICS4LYFE
02-01-2010, 09:18 AM
they stepped ahead of us when the won the trophy last yr....

magichatnumber9
02-01-2010, 09:49 AM
Please correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't the Lakers the defending world champions?

aZekuiS
02-01-2010, 10:22 AM
LA has to prove they can beat Boston in a 7 game series, not the other way around.

JasonJohnHorn
02-01-2010, 10:26 AM
The Lakers are the defending champs, so as far as I'm concerned any team who is the reigning champ is the team to beat. Neither team was playing at their full potential, likely because both teams are so good defensively, but the Lakers came out on top and the are the reigning champs, so I imagine that between the two teams, the Lakers would be the clear cut favorites in a 7-game series.

Now the Cavs on the other hand....

mikantsass
02-01-2010, 10:31 AM

Perfectly stated response

CowboysKB24
02-01-2010, 10:52 AM
Lakers stepped in front of the Celtics when they won the championship. Lakers need to be beaten now. They are the champions.

Celtics were on top when they won, but then they fell apart with injuries and what not, and lost in the playoffs last year. Now they have made some trades and need to prove to the world they can win it. Right now they are falling in the East, so yes the Lakers have been ahead of the Celtics for a little while now IMO. Celtics are still really good and could still end up in the finals this year. Playoffs are an entirely differently story my friends.

ko8e24
02-01-2010, 03:32 PM
/thread

I was about to say the same thing. wtf? lol

ko8e24
02-01-2010, 03:34 PM
LA has to prove they can beat Boston in a 7 game series, not the other way around.

So should we simply just shoot Lebron and Dwight in the face so that the Celtics can easily get to the finals? :eyebrow: