PDA

View Full Version : Most Disappointing Acquisition of 09-10 Season

Sadds The Gr8
02-01-2010, 12:36 AM
Now that it's almost at the All-Star Break, players on new teams should have had enough time to mesh with their teams. That being said, who do you guys think has been the most disappointing blockbuster offseason acquisition so far this season?

Hedo Turkoglu - Raps were expected to be somewhere between 4-6 seed this year. They're at that point now, but he's been underachieving, only averaging about 12 ppg, before averaging 16 and 19 the last 2 years in Orlando.

Richard Jefferson - Spurs were expected to leapfrog Denver for 2nd best team in the west and potentially challenge L.A. for the top spot in the west with this acquisition, but i just haven't seen it. He averaged in the high teens in scoring last year, and now is only at about 12 ppg...and the Spurs are not even close to being the best team in the west right now.

Vince Carter - Even though they traded Hedo, the Magic were supposed to be a much more dangerous team because of this man. Not only is he a better scorer than Hedo, but he is also very good in the clutch as well. Many people thought they would be 1st in the east, but because of Vince's horrible play, as well as Rashard Lewis, this isn't the case. He is only averaging around 16 ppg and his FG% is in the 30's...I'm pretty glad this is happening too cause I h8 Vince.

Ron Artest - Everyone knew his ppg would take a hit, but not this much.
He went from 17 ppg to 11. Also, LA signed him mainly for defense, but his defense just is not as good as it was before...He is still a good defender, but not great.

I know these guys still have like 3-4 months to turn it around, but so far, who do u think is the biggest disappointment?

KH12
02-01-2010, 12:38 AM
Ben Gordon has to be on this list too.

ManRam
02-01-2010, 12:39 AM
It has to be Vince. Hedo has been disapointing, as has RJ...but Vince was expected to carry a much larger role, and is actually easily playing the worst out of any of them. He's shooting like 28% this month. Terrible. Redick is getting more minutes now. I didn't have high expectations for Ron-Ron in the first place. Jefferson hasn't been great, but that's a deep team with a lot of options. He may not be helping as much as expected, but I certainly don't think he's hurting the team like Vince is.

Kakaroach
02-01-2010, 12:41 AM
Richard Jefferson and Vince Carter have to be the biggest.

I'd still say Hedo is making a difference in Toronto, I mean their the 5th seed after not making the playoffs.

Artest has showed signs of life lately, I think he'll be good to go soon too.

Ragun
02-01-2010, 12:45 AM
Richard Jefferson and Vince Carter have to be the biggest.

I'd still say Hedo is making a difference in Toronto, I mean their the 5th seed after not making the playoffs.

Artest has showed signs of life lately, I think he'll be good to go soon too.

the biggest reason is because of jarret jack and the development of both bosh and bargnani.

Sadds The Gr8
02-01-2010, 12:46 AM
Ben Gordon has to be on this list too.

I didn't put him cuase he's missed so much time from injury...I can't blame him for being hurt most of the year

TheKing23
02-01-2010, 12:46 AM
Vince Carter without a doubt.

I'm kinda glad and disappointed at the same time...

I've always loved Vince as a player and thought this would be his chance to actually win something. On the other hand i'm a Cavs fan, so with the Magic looking less dangerous than last year i'm happy. Replacing Hedo with Vince has removed the match up problems that dogged us last season, and adding Shaq has given us a guy who can limit Dwight.

Although I think Vince has been the biggest disappointment, I think he could come good in the playoffs, and if the Cavs and Magic have a rematch it would be an even more enjoyable series in my opinion.

_KB24_
02-01-2010, 12:54 AM
No way has Artest been disappointing at all. He has been a GREAT pickup for us.

I'd say Rasheed Wallace. The guy has lost his touch and is too old to play.

Sadds The Gr8
02-01-2010, 12:57 AM

yea but he wasn't supposed to be a huge boost seeing as he's coming off the bench, and they have 2 big men that are already better than him

_KB24_
02-01-2010, 01:03 AM
yea but he wasn't supposed to be a huge boost seeing as he's coming off the bench, and they have 2 big men that are already better than him

No, many expected them to be even better than the 08 team. I was one of them. Rasheed's play from a year to now is completely different and shocking.

Sadds The Gr8
02-01-2010, 01:05 AM
No, many expected them to be even better than the 08 team. I was one of them. Rasheed's play from a year to now is completely different and shocking.

NO, many people were unsure how good they'd be cuz the team is aging and KG just came off serious knee surgery...

ManRam
02-01-2010, 01:05 AM

I don't understand a vote for Sheed either. He's coming off the bench, unlike these other guys. He wasn't really expected to do anything more than he is doing. His FG% is pretty bad (not as bad as Vince's), but he brings a lot of energy, hustle and intangibles to the Celtics.

Vince has to be the pick. He is a complete non-factor now. He is without a doubt making the team worse now. He was expected to be the go-to scorer, not a 6th man. All he's done is shot 38% (28% in January), while not passing, not really rebounding, and not really making the people around him better. He has been awful...to the point where he isn't getting starter's minutes any more.

I really don't get a vote for anyone else.

masalex1205
02-01-2010, 01:08 AM
gotta to be either Vince Carter or Turkoglu

Eagles4Lyfe
02-01-2010, 01:13 AM
How is turkoglu a dissapointment?? Our team is starting to gel and were finally hitting our stride and turkoglu has been amazing in that..Plus the season hasnt even ended so you really cant judge yet because we havent even known how the season has gone..Id have to say the magics acquisitions of bass gortat and carter..They were supposed to be the clear cut second best team in the east next to the celtics and theyve struggled mightly without TURK...Now that brings me to the celtics they signed all these good role players but none of them have panned out properly yet..

td0tsfinest
02-01-2010, 01:20 AM
one thing about the guys you named is that they're all still playing on a winning team.

They're are other guys that have been acquired this past off-season, that are doing poorly along with the team.

Ben Gordon, Charlie V, Randy Foye, Emeka Okafor,

Sadds The Gr8
02-01-2010, 01:24 AM
How is turkoglu a dissapointment?? Our team is starting to gel and were finally hitting our stride and turkoglu has been amazing in that..Plus the season hasnt even ended so you really cant judge yet because we havent even known how the season has gone..Id have to say the magics acquisitions of bass gortat and carter..They were supposed to be the clear cut second best team in the east next to the celtics and theyve struggled mightly without TURK...Now that brings me to the celtics they signed all these good role players but none of them have panned out properly yet..

Um....he's been a disappointment because his ppg went down like 5 pts from last year, and he's had a HORRIBLE January...Our recent stride has had more to do with Bosh, Bargs, and Jack, than Hedo...

and halfway into the season is more than enough time to evaluate players for the season. And wtf? you say you can't judge a player in half a season, then you talk about VC, Bass, and Gortat (who was there the last couple years lol) being disappointments? And Bass and Gortat aren't blockbuster acquisitions...

Sadds The Gr8
02-01-2010, 01:27 AM
one thing about the guys you named is that they're all still playing on a winning team.

They're are other guys that have been acquired this past off-season, that are doing poorly along with the team.

Ben Gordon, Charlie V, Randy Foye, Emeka Okafor,

none are blockbuster acquisitions except maybe Ben Gordon, but he's been injured too much to evaluate....amd the team was expected to be worse anyways....the guys I named were supposed to dramatically improve their team

vash9
02-01-2010, 01:29 AM
A healthy VC in the playoffs = fire.

+ he has a larger role in the Magics. In NJ, he was there just for development of the young guys.

Raph12
02-01-2010, 01:33 AM
Easily Vince Carter... I'm glad AI was on the Allstar ballot, so that VC and his 36% FG shooting wouldn't make it's way to Dallas.

He has been upstaged by every new player the Magic acquired over the offseason... And that includes Bass.

B.JenningsMVP
02-01-2010, 02:16 AM
Vc

Zefflin
02-01-2010, 02:49 AM
Sheed is pretty much non existent on the C's. My vote goes to bald spot.

RaptorizedKevin
02-01-2010, 02:54 AM
VC because the magic had been sturggling until the last few teams. alot of americans will say VC because they havent seen turkoglu, so thats why they think its VC, but offensivly VC hasnt been as bad , as far as his scoring average was. Turkoglu has just been lazy, the raptors are a 5th seed team with none of his help. Jack, development of bosh and bargnani are the reason theyre 5th, give them a good SF who can play d.. they'd be even better.

uncleben989
02-01-2010, 03:19 AM
A healthy VC in the playoffs = fire.

+ he has a larger role in the Magics. In NJ, he was there just for development of the young guys.

lol i dont know why i keep seein these VC in the playoff posts..dude hasnt been past the 2nd round and has been as inconsistent in the playoffs of past

asmarks18
02-01-2010, 03:25 AM
Shawn Marion. He was brought in to have another threat offensively or atleast help out on rebounding and he hasn't done any of those. He is only out there for defense. So when you have Kidd, Marion, Damp who start and don't do anything significant when it comes to scoring. Add that with inconsistent play of Jet Terry and Josh Howard and that gives you Dirk carrying this team every night. The Shawn Marion experiment in Dallas has been a bust and we have him under contract for 4 more years I believe :facepalm:

ARMIN12NBA
02-01-2010, 03:41 AM
Ron Artest shut down Kevin Durant earlier in the season. He has been playing great defense, but the plantar fasciatis has been slowing him down. The scoring is irrelevant because the Lakers have plenty of scorers so naturally his scoring goes down.

kblo247
02-01-2010, 03:44 AM
Ron Artest shut down Kevin Durant earlier in the season. He has been playing great defense, but the plantar fasciatis has been slowing him down. The scoring is irrelevant because the Lakers have plenty of scorers so naturally his scoring goes down.

Add in Joe Johnson when he was on fire as well as Iguodala, Butler, Granger, and Pierce consecutively on this trip.

---

As for the topic I would say Dice has been the biggest disappointment. I really think he and Sheed both picked the wrong destinations

Derick713
02-01-2010, 04:03 AM
I guess it's Vince Carter 1 and Richard Jefferson 2. Carter just isn't fitting in with what the Magic want. Jefferson isn't enough to get the Spurs back to the Finals. The Magic gave up a lot for Carter in Courtney Lee.

LA_Raiders
02-01-2010, 04:25 AM
All of them also gordon, villanueva, foye, okafor, & sheed. LA is one of the top D teams bexause of Artest so i dont consider him a disapointment...

mvb815
02-01-2010, 04:28 AM
I guess it's Vince Carter 1 and Richard Jefferson 2. Carter just isn't fitting in with what the Magic want. Jefferson isn't enough to get the Spurs back to the Finals. The Magic gave up a lot for Carter in Courtney Lee.

Courtney Lee is overrated, i think Anderson alone could have been enough. Ryan Anderson is a very underrated player.

pebloemer
02-01-2010, 10:54 AM

I thought his offensive game really dropped off towards the end of last season. Didn't know if it was age catching up or lack of focus after a frustrating season in Detroit. Wasn't sure what to expect from him as a Celtic. He is still solid defensively and a good bench option for Boston though. Still an upgrade to the big rotation in my mind.

Hawkeye15
02-01-2010, 11:21 AM
I think its Vince. I can't believe people didn't see thru Hedo's improvement as a team result the last 2 years. You don't just miraculously get way better late in your career. He milked the perfect situation to ink a big deal. But Vince was supposed to contribute his 20 ppg, and has been awful.

Hawkeye15
02-01-2010, 11:23 AM
seriously, Hedo didn't even meet league average in PER last year, and he aint out there to defend. His deal is gonna end up killing the Raps in a couple of years.

#1Mavericksfan
02-01-2010, 11:37 AM
Richard Jefferson hands down, he was supposed to put the Spurs #2 out west and help battle the Lakers for a NBA Finlas spot.

mikantsass
02-01-2010, 11:45 AM
No votes for Villanueva?

Penetra8r
02-01-2010, 11:45 AM
Vince

TO Rapz
02-01-2010, 11:48 AM
I dont see how you do not vote for Vince. He was supposed to make Orlando clear cut finalists and maybe champions this year. In my opinion, he has made that Magic team even worse, and the only reason they re doing as well as they are right now is because of the fantastic play of JJ Reddick. I also think that the acqusition of Ryan Anderson in the same deal with Vince is very underrated. Anderson has actually been very good for Orlando and I wish the Magic well as much as I hate Vince.

Eagles4Lyfe
02-01-2010, 12:21 PM
Um....he's been a disappointment because his ppg went down like 5 pts from last year, and he's had a HORRIBLE January...Our recent stride has had more to do with Bosh, Bargs, and Jack, than Hedo...

and halfway into the season is more than enough time to evaluate players for the season. And wtf? you say you can't judge a player in half a season, then you talk about VC, Bass, and Gortat (who was there the last couple years lol) being disappointments? And Bass and Gortat aren't blockbuster acquisitions...

What the heck are you talking about..A horrible january but yet help us beat some good teams..Our recent stride has to do with our team coming together and having good chemistry, were starting to mesh..Turks struggles were a big part to triano not knowing how to use him properly but they finally are utilizing him more..Who cares how much points he contributes scoring is not our issue his playmaking helps us a lot and he helps set up a lot of our plays..When calderon was gone for a while we barely even missed him because of turk mainly stepping up his playmaking skills..
How werent bass and gortat blockbuster acquisitions for there team..Wth is your definition of block buster than because im pretty sure the mavs offered gortat a hugggee contract but magic decided to match it thinking having him come of the bench for howard would be instrumental..Then bass was another big talked about pick up for their team and none of them are helping what so ever..I think your idea of blockbuster is big name guys moving on but theres more to it than that because acquiring even the smallest of pieces to a team can be blockbuster to them..

RaptorizedKevin
02-01-2010, 12:26 PM
What the heck are you talking about..A horrible january but yet help us beat some good teams..Our recent stride has to do with our team coming together and having good chemistry, were starting to mesh..Turks struggles were a big part to triano not knowing how to use him properly but they finally are utilizing him more..Who cares how much points he contributes scoring is not our issue his playmaking helps us a lot and he helps set up a lot of our plays..When calderon was gone for a while we barely even missed him because of turk mainly stepping up his playmaking skills..
How werent bass and gortat blockbuster acquisitions for there team..Wth is your definition of block buster than because im pretty sure the mavs offered gortat a hugggee contract but magic decided to match it thinking having him come of the bench for howard would be instrumental..Then bass was another big talked about pick up for their team and none of them are helping what so ever..I think your idea of blockbuster is big name guys moving on but theres more to it than that because acquiring even the smallest of pieces to a team can be blockbuster to them..
the only thing he did was drive in and get fouled, make those two big throws.other than that, he has NOT helped us. why dont yu admit it waas all the other players stepping up? :facepalm:

jarrat jack was a solid deal. Too bad turk's contract is gonan suck after this year. hes not even averaging 13 ppg, and gets his 53 million.

enderandrew
02-01-2010, 12:28 PM
1. Sheed
2. Carter
3. Artest

RaptorizedKevin
02-01-2010, 12:29 PM
i swear if we didnt have turkoglu, jarrat jack, devleopment of bosh and bargnani would be nough to get the raptors to the playoffs. if antoine wright becomes better, watch out. we didnt need turkoglus game, someone like marvin williams would had been a better fit.

pimpdaddy
02-01-2010, 12:31 PM
No one expected Artest to put up big numbers when he is on the same team as Kobe, Gasol, Bynum, etc. We signed him mainly for defense and toughness and he has been doing great. So, i don't see much of a disappointment from Artest.

RaptorizedKevin
02-01-2010, 12:31 PM
no one thinks turkoglu is a disapointment, other than raptor fans, because our games are not seen nationally. if yu have seen us play, yu'd know turkoglu has been a MAJOR disapointment.

Raph12
02-01-2010, 12:36 PM
no one thinks turkoglu is a disapointment, other than raptor fans, because our games are not seen nationally. if yu have seen us play, yu'd know turkoglu has been a MAJOR disapointment.

I told you guys that Turk would piss you off like crazy... easily one of the most inconsistent players in the league today.

koreancabbage
02-01-2010, 12:51 PM
Turk and Vince

RaptorizedKevin
02-01-2010, 12:56 PM
I told you guys that Turk would piss you off like crazy... easily one of the most inconsistent players in the league today.

yeah i know. but raptot fans thought he was god himself before coming here.

wat does anyone think of this trade?

Teams : Toronto Orlano Washington

Toronto gets:
caron butler

Orlando gets:
hedo Turkoglu

washington gets:
Patrick obryant
anothoney Johnson
6 mill TRade exception

this saves the wizards more money, instead of accepting tracy mcgradys contract. this helps the orlando magic because they got the peice who got them to the NBA finals, and since they have been struggling, ottis smith might do this so they can contend and get back to the finals.

the raptors need a small forward who can CREATE his own shot, while creating for others, and play above average D, and rebound. Butler is that type of player.

it helps all 3 teams. thoughts . i know this is an oftopic post, but i just wanan see what peopel think..

Tmac,lt,berkman
02-01-2010, 12:57 PM
vince carter

jsumadchat
02-01-2010, 12:57 PM
Vince Carter without a doubt.

I'm kinda glad and disappointed at the same time...

I've always loved Vince as a player and thought this would be his chance to actually win something. On the other hand i'm a Cavs fan, so with the Magic looking less dangerous than last year i'm happy. Replacing Hedo with Vince has removed the match up problems that dogged us last season, and adding Shaq has given us a guy who can limit Dwight.

Although I think Vince has been the biggest disappointment, I think he could come good in the playoffs, and if the Cavs and Magic have a rematch it would be an even more enjoyable series in my opinion.

how could you say VC? he was ONLY brought in to score. scorers come a dime a dozen. i mean, its disappointing that his shot has been SO off this season but to replace what hedo was doing for those guys is almost CRAZY, and anyone who thought he would do that is ALSO crazy. the biggest disappointment is clearly hedo because the raptors have played their best ball with him struggling and ALMOST a nonfactor in most games. he was supposed to come in and be a playmaker, offensive facilitator, and game closer. he has done those things at a minimal this season, but he still attracts defenders and keeps the D on its toes which is a bonus i guess

NiTEFuRY
02-01-2010, 01:07 PM
can we include charlie villanueva on the list? his last year as a buck was a "breakout," brought him in to hopefully replace sheed minus the attitude... and he found his way back to the bench...

G-Funk
02-01-2010, 01:08 PM
Artest has not been disappointing. his defense is great when needed.

Mile High Champ
02-01-2010, 01:13 PM
Hedo Turkoglu has done pretty well in my mind as a raps fan. Sure he is down in scoring but that is also in part to Bargnani continuing to be a bigger part of the offense. The same applies to Jack who is more prone to put up a jumpshot than his counterpart Calderon. Turk has really helped improved Toronto's ball movement, he is always looking to make the extra pass to find an open teammate and other teams zero in on him as a guy they need to stop which allows shots for their shooters and open cuts for their slashers. Has Turk been everything Toronto could of hoped. NO. But he is certainly not a dissapointment in my mind.

jsumadchat
02-01-2010, 01:16 PM
Hedo Turkoglu has done pretty well in my mind as a raps fan. Sure he is down in scoring but that is also in part to Bargnani continuing to be a bigger part of the offense. The same applies to Jack who is more prone to put up a jumpshot than his counterpart Calderon. Turk has really helped improved Toronto's ball movement, he is always looking to make the extra pass to find an open teammate and other teams zero in on him as a guy they need to stop which allows shots for their shooters and open cuts for their slashers. Has Turk been everything Toronto could of hoped. NO. But he is certainly not a dissapointment in my mind.

my whole thing with turk is that he just seems LAZY out there when his shot isnt going down. offensive deficiency PLUS an already porous defense = disappointment.

arkanian215
02-01-2010, 01:21 PM
If you ask Rique it's Courtney Lee.

Mile High Champ
02-01-2010, 01:22 PM
my whole thing with turk is that he just seems LAZY out there when his shot isnt going down. offensive deficiency PLUS an already porous defense = disappointment.

Thats your opinion. I have seen him do great things. Especially when it comes to helping our offense find its stride. Look at yesterdays game, when Turk got injured, the offense became stagnent quite often, ball movement suffered and the raps were just using high ball screens the rest of the game. There was nothing go on when the Raps had the ball. Turk does a lot more than you think, he has certainly made the players around him better.

arkanian215
02-01-2010, 01:22 PM
No votes for Villanueva?

CV is a beast.

RaptorizedKevin
02-01-2010, 01:46 PM
courtney lee was all talk last year. " THE MAGIC WILL REGRET/ RUE THE DAY THEY TRADED ME" and hes on the worse team in the league, and his numbers arent better. PLus, he isnt a bigg disapointment. consider a persons contract and how they've lived up to it. ron artest got the MLE, and is playing solid d, but yu cant expect him to average 17 ppg with kobe , gasol, and bynum on the roaster. turkoglu on the other hand.. wasy disapointing, and he doesnt look like he cares.. hes just lazy, gets into foul trouble, smiles, and goes to sit on the bench.

jsumadchat
02-01-2010, 01:46 PM
Thats your opinion. I have seen him do great things. Especially when it comes to helping our offense find its stride. Look at yesterdays game, when Turk got injured, the offense became stagnent quite often, ball movement suffered and the raps were just using high ball screens the rest of the game. There was nothing go on when the Raps had the ball. Turk does a lot more than you think, he has certainly made the players around him better.

high screen and roll is our bread and butter. even if turk was in we would run that play 9 times out of 10. and yesterdays game really shouldnt be a valid argument since turk got injured one minute in.

LanceUpperCut
02-01-2010, 02:25 PM
Turk is this months whipping boy for T.O. , Dec. it was Jose and Nov. was Jay. Yes Hedos shot has been off but he does alot more than that, if his shots were fallen this month this would'nt even be discussed. I have no doubt he will turn it around. When everyone calls out all the bad and overlooks all the good of course it will look awful. But all I care about is our team is winning every night we have someone step up with Bosh always getting his stats. Then Hedo has a great scoring game, hoping his back on track and breaks his face.

Raph12
02-01-2010, 03:51 PM

Toronto gets:
caron butler

Orlando gets:
hedo Turkoglu

washington gets:
Patrick obryant
anothoney Johnson
6 mill TRade exception

this saves the wizards more money, instead of accepting tracy mcgradys contract. this helps the orlando magic because they got the peice who got them to the NBA finals, and since they have been struggling, ottis smith might do this so they can contend and get back to the finals.

the raptors need a small forward who can CREATE his own shot, while creating for others, and play above average D, and rebound. Butler is that type of player.

it helps all 3 teams. thoughts . i know this is an oftopic post, but i just wanan see what peopel think..

The Magic have won their last 6 of 7 games, including significant wins over Boston, Atlanta and Charlotte to take 2nd in the East and 1st in the South-East division. They are finally starting to click and Dwight is establishing himself as the clear-cut #1 option on the team.

They don't need Hedo to come in and disrupt any chemistry they've made in this last stretch. What they do need is Carter to pick up his poor shooting percentage and create a bit more.

clutchski
02-01-2010, 03:59 PM
the biggest reason is because of jarret jack and the development of both bosh and bargnani.

I hear ya, JJ's been a huge impact for us when it comes to winning games. Not to mention when Calderon was injured..

Double_R
02-01-2010, 04:04 PM
The Magic have won their last 6 of 7 games, including significant wins over Boston, Atlanta and Charlotte to take 2nd in the East and 1st in the South-East division. They are finally starting to click and Dwight is establishing himself as the clear-cut #1 option on the team.

They don't need Hedo to come in and disrupt any chemistry they've made in this last stretch. What they do need is Carter to pick up his poor shooting percentage and create a bit more.

Well Said... BTW I notice that ManRamforprez claims to be a magic fan, but I always see him giving other teams love, holding Lebron's nuts, and hating on the Magic... I think you should start claiming another team, because your embarrassing us

RadiantShot
02-01-2010, 04:14 PM
Well Said... BTW I notice that ManRamforprez claims to be a magic fan, but I always see him giving other teams love, holding Lebron's nuts, and hating on the Magic... I think you should start claiming another team, because your embarrassing us

He gives respect where it's due. He doesn't bash. He's grown-up, he's not being an immature little brat. Say things like they are, just because he compliments another team for something they've done, doesn't mean he's holding their nuts. Get your facts straight.

He's not 'bashing the Magic.' He's trying to give his opinions on what we're doing right and wrong. The reason he does it is because he's more devoted to the Orlando Magic than the Cavs, Celtics, etc. Or else it would be the same thing, just vice versa.

fadedmario
02-01-2010, 04:18 PM
Ben Gordon. I know he has been hurt but he is having his worst season by far shooting the ball from long distance. I really would like him to succeed but so far he is looking bad.

Storch
02-01-2010, 04:22 PM
Ben Gordon and Vilanueva

Double_R
02-01-2010, 04:24 PM
He gives respect where it's due. He doesn't bash. He's grown-up, he's not being an immature little brat. Say things like they are, just because he compliments another team for something they've done, doesn't mean he's holding their nuts. Get your facts straight.

He's not 'bashing the Magic.' He's trying to give his opinions on what we're doing right and wrong. The reason he does it is because he's more devoted to the Orlando Magic than the Cavs, Celtics, etc. Or else it would be the same thing, just vice versa.

Listen sport, I know Gansta Rap made you do it, but let's get something straight here, I'm not talking about just right here, I talking about his career of being a weak fan. You get your facts straight before you start sticking up for your _____, who knows...

Storch, that is one funny sig

effen5
02-01-2010, 04:49 PM
Ben Gordon - He signs a huge contract (for him that no one would pay) and has sat out more games this year then he has in the past 5 years in Chicago.

johnwayne
02-01-2010, 04:54 PM
all of um except zach randolph......and if he was a commerical primadonna like lebron he would be in mvp discussions....memphis is a lottery team without him

LanceUpperCut
02-01-2010, 04:58 PM
all of um except zach randolph......and if he was a commerical primadonna like lebron he would be in mvp discussions....memphis is a lottery team without him

What does any of that have to do with the most disappointing acquisition?

johnwayne
02-01-2010, 05:10 PM

What does any of that have to do with the most disappointing acquisition?

the question was who has been the most dissapointing for their new team...i replied "ALL OF THEM except randolph" as stated above....what are you like the PSD police??? you need the following: a girlfriend...a haircut...and a real job

Raven-Lunatic
02-01-2010, 05:13 PM

Toronto gets:
caron butler

Orlando gets:
hedo Turkoglu

washington gets:
Patrick obryant
anothoney Johnson
6 mill TRade exception

Terrible trade! Wiz give up Caron Butler and get nothing in return. Atleast McGrady could come in and contribute something. I can't see Orlando taking back Hedo with the contract he signed. Only team that benefits is Toronto.

Gibby
02-01-2010, 05:23 PM
Vince has the most dissapointing. Hedo is the worst contract. i didnt like Hedo signing from day one. Hedo has been overated alot. FG% is near his career avg and dont know how much better he is going to get. He was poor in playoffs until the finals. raptors fans have perception he will turn it up when he gets to the playoffs, but i dont see it.

JC_
02-01-2010, 05:36 PM
Vince has the most dissapointing. Hedo is the worst contract. i didnt like Hedo signing from day one. Hedo has been overated alot. FG% is near his career avg and dont know how much better he is going to get. He was poor in playoffs until the finals. raptors fans have perception he will turn it up when he gets to the playoffs, but i dont see it.

Yeah, I'm still not sure why some raptor fans got so excited about Turk when we got him. He immediately became overhyped and people expect him to be a consistent boost to our team.

Last year everytime we were going to play Orlando I remember thinking "I'm not worried about Turk, he's way too inconsistent and he most likely wont show up against us." I'm guessing this is what every single fan of other teams thinks before the Raptors play them this season.

Teeboy1487
02-01-2010, 05:50 PM
Vince by far. I thought the magic would be alot scarier with Vince in the lineup. Granted he has had some injuries. I still think he can turn it around. He just needs to figure out what is his role on this team because he can not have Turkoglu's role. Also, Ron has not been a disappointment for the lakers. His our best three point shooter and best defender. He has been an asset for us.

smith&wesson
02-01-2010, 06:01 PM
since orlando is the only team out of the ones mentioned that has actually dropped down in the standings i would say its vince. orlando should have kept hedo he ran the offense there. i dont now how stan van didnt realize that.

Deezy 24
02-01-2010, 06:05 PM
The most suprising succesful pickup is Zach Randolph

DayDreamz
02-01-2010, 06:11 PM
[QUOTE=Double_R;12164646]Listen sport, I know Gansta Rap made you do it, but let's get something straight here, I'm not talking about just right here, I talking about his career of being a weak fan. You get your facts straight before you start sticking up for your _____, who knows...

what does rap have to do with basketball:facepalm:
your a fool

heathonater
02-01-2010, 06:12 PM
i would say jefferson ranks highly because analysts thought he would bring the spurs to the lakers level. age and jefferson's poor play have left the spurs among the second tier of the west.

MAC10TIZZY
02-01-2010, 06:15 PM
[QUOTE=eaglesbaby4lyfe;12160726]Id have to say the magics acquisitions of bass gortat and carter..They were supposed to be the clear cut second best team in the east next to the celtics

YOU DO KNOW NOT ONLY ARE WE "IN" SECOND PLACE BUT WE ARE ALSO ABOVE BOSTON!!!!!!!!!!

AntwanN21
02-01-2010, 06:25 PM
IMO its jefferson, he was the key piece in turning the spurs back into contenders. While they are still solid, jefferson hasnt lived up to the hype. Second would probobly be Turkoglu but lets wait until the playoffs to see how these guys fit

smith&wesson
02-01-2010, 06:30 PM
The most suprising succesful pickup is Zach Randolph

Its funny how players are called "head cases" "bad character" or whatever else they come up with in new york to blame there players for the losing atitude that franchise has. a bad character head case went from new york and turned in to a captain in memphis and is playing soo well he was voted in by the coaches around the league to be an all star. ZACH RANDOLPH

this raises a question in my mind. is it eddy curry, stephon marbury, zach randolph, steve francis, jamal crawford.. so on and so fourth or is it really just that new york's managment is a joke.

last i remember eddy curry was a beast in chicago before he went to new york.

francis was a monster in houston and played well in orlando before his career took a nose dive in new york.

marbury had great numbers and was known to be a head case but was also known to be a very talented gaurd. he went to new york and his career also took a nose dive.

zack randolph was a monster in portland before he went to new york.. he rotted in new york and as soon as he went to memphis he returned to his old self from the portland days.

Q Richardson was a marksmen in phx, came to new york and basically rotted. now he is giving miami a huge boost, (when not injured) and looking like the dead eye shooter he once was in phx.

jamal crawford was also said to be a problomatic player. he started in new york and is coming off the bench in atlanta. whats the problem ? he will get 6th man of the year award and average 17 points a game off the bench and has helped atlanta reach the 2nd seed of the east.

hey lebron, are you sure you want to consider new york ??? seems like the dumbest move any one can make is go to new york.

I feel bad for knicks fans. the most loyal fans in the nba for the biggest markets city in the nba, "the basket ball mecca " they havent had an allstar since 2000 and havent made the play offs in years despite having one of the biggest pay rolls and having some of the biggest names in the game come and go... somthings really fishy there.

Raph12
02-01-2010, 06:41 PM
since orlando is the only team out of the ones mentioned that has actually dropped down in the standings i would say its vince. orlando should have kept hedo he ran the offense there. i dont now how stan van didnt realize that.

We didn't drop in standings... Last season the Magic finished 3rd in the East and despite all of the suspensions, injuries and chemistry issues, we started strong and have played well recently. Winning 6 of our last 7 games, with significant wins over Boston, Atlanta and Charlotte on their home floor (one of the best home teams). We've taken back the division lead over the Hawks and are in 2nd place overall in the East. You're right about Vince he's sucked thus far, but the Magic are still in 2nd place so if he can pick up his play towards the end of the season, that's all they'll really need.

Now everyone knows that it was the Magic that made Hedo look good and not the other way around. Hedo wanted a 5-year contract and the Magic weren't willing to take him on for that long. Have fun with his $10+mil for the next 5 years lol (he'll be 35 in the final year of his contract).

Showmeyourtds
02-01-2010, 06:55 PM
100% Vince Carter. He has had 3 straight games of less than 10 points. I could name a million scrubs that could score ten points if they had 3 tries to get them. No hate because I never had a problem with Vince im just disappointed and really happy I didn't draft him in fantasy.

thedfactor
02-01-2010, 06:57 PM
I vote VC to Orlando. They really believed he would be the difference and bring more of what they needed than Turk. Not the case, Carter is old and faded...

Ball.

wsullivan
02-01-2010, 07:04 PM
Vince carter

NFLNBA
02-01-2010, 07:09 PM
1. RJ - The Spurs didnt lose anyone this offseason of real importance so to gain RJ it was supposed to put them at that elite level making them more athletic and younger but they are the 5th seed in the west looking worse off then last year

2. Sheed - Wallace is 2 technical fouls away from being suspended and he hasnt done much on the court at all, he was supposed to be that 6th man of year quality and when KG went down he didnt step up at all

3. VC - I know most people are puting him at the # 1 spot but the Magic are the #2 seed in the East are they not? He hasnt been a real big upgrade over Hedu because Hedu is a better team player, VC always needed to be the guy where Hedu can step to the side for Howard. The Magic would look just as good as last year and better prob if Nelson played like he did last year

4. Hedu - He just isnt playing like he did in Orlando his PPG is down 6 points a game but he does have the Rapter at the #5 seed in the East with no one else of value on that team besides Bosh

5. Gordon & Vill - Gordon has been in out do to injuries but hasnt been that dominate offensive player like in Chicago and Vill hasnt done anything either and the Piston are not looking like they will make the playoffs for the first time in what 10 + years?

6. Marion - He hasnt been the same PPG player since he left Nash's side but i think he has done a pretty good job there in Dallas with his defense and rebounding

7. Shaq - Has dominate games against half court teams but struggles against fast pace teams but thats why the Cavs have Big Z but Shaq has been playing real well latley

8. Artest - He had a cuncussion, stiches in elbow, and 2 bad feet and is now healthy and looking real good, obviously his PPG was gonna take a hit playing with Kobe, Gasol, Bynum, Odom but he is the Lakers best 3pt shooter at 40% and has anyone watched there last 3 games? His defense has been lights out, he was the difference in Boston with that mean thug toughness and he shut Pierce down, If he continues to get healthy and play like this, watch out

Showmeyourtds
02-01-2010, 07:27 PM
Great analysis NFLNBA. I would maybe debate shaq being higher up between the 4 and the 5 but I honestly didn't expect too much out of his old *** in the first place so I think its fine the way it is.

fresh prince
02-01-2010, 07:39 PM

He's been a littlE disappointing but his numbers are still better than Trevor ARIZAS WERE WITH US LAST YEAR.

But yea to your point he appears to be shaking the Plantar Fasicitis and has looked alot more mobile and active the past few games so hopefully that continues.

I agree Sheed and ALSO Courtney Lee deserve mention.

Lots of People wee projecting Lee to get like 20 ppg. He's pretty muched sucked.

AntwanN21
02-01-2010, 07:42 PM
4. Hedu - He just isnt playing like he did in Orlando his PPG is down 6 points a game but he does have the Rapter at the #5 seed in the East with no one else of value on that team besides Bosh

:facepalm::facepalm:

please watch a raptors game.

smith&wesson
02-01-2010, 08:06 PM
We didn't drop in standings... Last season the Magic finished 3rd in the East and despite all of the suspensions, injuries and chemistry issues, we started strong and have played well recently. Winning 6 of our last 7 games, with significant wins over Boston, Atlanta and Charlotte on their home floor (one of the best home teams). We've taken back the division lead over the Hawks and are in 2nd place overall in the East. You're right about Vince he's sucked thus far, but the Magic are still in 2nd place so if he can pick up his play towards the end of the season, that's all they'll really need.

Now everyone knows that it was the Magic that made Hedo look good and not the other way around. Hedo wanted a 5-year contract and the Magic weren't willing to take him on for that long. Have fun with his $10+mil for the next 5 years lol (he'll be 35 in the final year of his contract).

sorry what are you guys paying vince again ? 18 mill ?? do you really honestly think that he will resign for less then 10 mill ??? all im saying is that orlando would have been better off with turk. its not about who made who look good. its about what works. and turk worked in orlando. he had great chemistry with howard and lewis. cant say the same about vince. 5 years at 10 mill maybe too much for turk, but if it meant 5 years of contending for a title or winning a title i think it would have been worth it for the magic. nelson isnt a distributing point gaurd. he plays great off the ball, turk really fit in this team and there was a lot of chemistry there. im not saying the magic arent contenders. ofcourse they are. im saying they were better off with turk then carter. vince isnt doing nothing good for orlando right now other then expiring next year and he will be disapointed when he realizes that orlando aint dishing out a 10 mill contract for him either. and they really shouldnt.

LanceUpperCut
02-01-2010, 08:19 PM
the question was who has been the most dissapointing for their new team...i replied "ALL OF THEM except randolph" as stated above....what are you like the PSD police??? you need the following: a girlfriend...a haircut...and a real job

First off I think you said all of um and then wined about LBJ, sorry I can't decipher **** . Secondly I have a hot wife and an even hotter girlfriend and I'm a gynecologist but ya I do need a haircut.

smith&wesson
02-01-2010, 08:22 PM
First off I think you said all of um and then wined about LBJ so sorry I don't speak **** . Secondly I have a hotter girlfriend and better job then you but ya I do need a haircut.

stick him with that lethal upper cut of yours.

get em lance get em!!
:clap:

Raph12
02-01-2010, 08:22 PM
sorry what are you guys paying vince again ? 18 mill ?? do you really honestly think that he will resign for less then 10 mill ??? all im saying is that orlando would have been better off with turk. its not about who made who look good. its about what works. and turk worked in orlando. he had great chemistry with howard and lewis. cant say the same about vince. 5 years at 10 mill maybe too much for turk, but if it meant 5 years of contending for a title or winning a title i think it would have been worth it for the magic. nelson isnt a distributing point gaurd. he plays great off the ball, turk really fit in this team and there was a lot of chemistry there. im not saying the magic arent contenders. ofcourse they are. im saying they were better off with turk then carter. vince isnt doing nothing good for orlando right now other then expiring next year and he will be disapointed when he realizes that orlando aint dishing out a 10 mill contract for him either. and they really shouldnt.

I agree Carter has been **** in Orlando, but they don't need a 35 year old Hedo chucking up shots for 10m a year. VC's contract is over after next season (team option for the 2011-12 season) and they'll probably either trade him or just let it expire, either way, that's better than being locked into a 5 year $50m contract for a 30 yr old already on the decline.

tbuk100
02-01-2010, 08:24 PM
Clearly, it's Richard Jefferson. The Spurs won their division and were a 3rd seed last year. Adding Jefferson was supposed to make them a better scoring team without hurting their defense. Clearly, they're lost. They're not defensive stalwarts and not much better offensively either. He's disrupted the chemistry of the team.

Vince Carter is the 2nd closest to being a bust. I think he's injured. The team is still doing well; he hasn't thrown off their chemistry or identity. But there is something wrong with him.

Hedo is on a team that didn't make the playoffs last year and is currently in the 5th seed. They're a better team. He's still scoring, hitting 3s, and getting assists. His game is good.

Artest is a 3rd option at best (or maybe Bynum is). He's not supposed to score much. His D has slipped, but the Lakers are still the best in the West.

smith&wesson
02-01-2010, 08:39 PM
I agree Carter has been **** in Orlando, but they don't need a 35 year old Hedo chucking up shots for 10m a year. VC's contract is over after next season (team option for the 2011-12 season) and they'll probably either trade him or just let it expire, either way, that's better than being locked into a 5 year $50m contract for a 30 yr old already on the decline.

i dont know man. paying carter 18 mill this year would almost cover hedo's contract for two years. and lets be real here hedo was a stud in orlando. sure he is stinking it up in toronto soo far and that sux for us. but he was great with orlando lets not kid ourselves.

you act as if he is 35 already. he is still the same hedo he just hasnt fit in very well in toronto soo far but in orlando theres no question he fit right in there and he lead that team in the play offs.

im really hoping he picks up his play for toronto in the play offs.

any ways orlando will replace carter with someone, hey i hear ray allens on the trading block he could be a nice fit in orlando. if you guys want to win now because he is 34 years old too.. but he still has game.

Jamiecballer
02-01-2010, 08:49 PM
i'd say Richard Jefferson. it really depends on what you expected going in.

i know a fair number of people who thought that Orlando was not going to be as good swapping Hedo for Vince, so in my opinion that's not a disappointment. Same with Hedo. A fair number of people expected that leaving a system that was perfectly suited to his strengths and covered his weaknesses for Toronto would not be advantageous for him, so even if he's not playing all that well it's not really a disappointment. He's playing at his career numbers rather than his last 2 seasons with Orlando. Systems guy.

the only guy who was expected by almost everybody to improve his team is Jefferson. I'm not sure why it hasn't worked for the Spurs and that's what makes it a disappointment.

Raph12
02-01-2010, 08:51 PM
i dont know man. paying carter 18 mill this year would almost cover hedo's contract for two years. and lets be real here hedo was a stud in orlando. sure he is stinking it up in toronto soo far and that sux for us. but he was great with orlando lets not kid ourselves.

you act as if he is 35 already. he is still the same hedo he just hasnt fit in very well in toronto soo far but in orlando theres no question he fit right in there and he lead that team in the play offs.

im really hoping he picks up his play for toronto in the play offs.

any ways orlando will replace carter with someone, hey i hear ray allens on the trading block he could be a nice fit in orlando. if you guys want to win now because he is 34 years old too.. but he still has game.

Last season when I watched the Magic, I cursed at my tv/monitor/iphone umpteen amount of times because of Hedo's inconsistent play. Hedo is on the decline, he has been since he peaked two seasons ago, problem is, no one has let him know that yet. Dude trust me when I say this, Hedo is just being Hedo, it has nothing to do with not fitting in. The difference is that in Orlando, he was allowed to chuck ill-advised shots without any consequences.

Holding onto VC will come in handy when his contract becomes valuable next season. In comparison, keeping Hedo would put the Magic into luxury with no flexibilty for the next 5 seasons.

Like I said before, I'm glad they dumped Hedo, I thought VC would be better than trash in Orlando, but I'm fine with him just providing off-court leadership and cap-relief.

Sadds The Gr8
02-01-2010, 08:51 PM

The only teams he helped us beat were L.A. and Knicks. And he still struggled alot in the L.A. game. you can't just say that Hedo is making plays so he's fine. If your a Raps fan, you know that Hedo has struggled a lot since he came to the Raptors. Fans and commentators have said time and time again Hedo needs to step up if we want to be a dangerous team. Yea we're winning, but it's mainly because of Jack, Bargs and Bosh, with solid bench play from Marco, Amir, Wright and Jose. Yea hedo is a playmaker, but he needs to score too. You need to remember this is the easiest part of the schedule so of course we're gonna rack up more wins. Yea Hedo needs the ball more, but what good is it when you shoot below 30% in a month?

That definition of blockbuster isn't just my idea of it...it's pretty much everyone's except yours. Of course Gortat wasn't going to get lots of time playing behind D12 so how the hell can you judge him? Same goes with Bass. He isn't going to get a lot of PT with Lewis there...The guys I named are big named players that were supposed to take their teams to new heights...the players you named weren't.

Sadds The Gr8
02-01-2010, 08:55 PM
can we include charlie villanueva on the list? his last year as a buck was a "breakout," brought him in to hopefully replace sheed minus the attitude... and he found his way back to the bench...

Only reason I didn't put him in is because Detroit was expected to be worse anyways. And Charlie V isn't really a blockbuster acquisition...he's just a pretty good player. The guys I named were supposed to take their teams to new heights...

smith&wesson
02-01-2010, 11:53 PM
Last season when I watched the Magic, I cursed at my tv/monitor/iphone umpteen amount of times because of Hedo's inconsistent play. Hedo is on the decline, he has been since he peaked two seasons ago, problem is, no one has let him know that yet. Dude trust me when I say this, Hedo is just being Hedo, it has nothing to do with not fitting in. The difference is that in Orlando, he was allowed to chuck ill-advised shots without any consequences.

Holding onto VC will come in handy when his contract becomes valuable next season. In comparison, keeping Hedo would put the Magic into luxury with no flexibilty for the next 5 seasons.

Like I said before, I'm glad they dumped Hedo, I thought VC would be better than trash in Orlando, but I'm fine with him just providing off-court leadership and cap-relief.

really that bad ? i dont think he was ever this inconsistant in orlando. then again i didnt watch all 82 orlando games like i do toronto games. im just hoping he will come around. his distribution has helped us alot this year, his shots been real off though. and now it looks like he will be wearing a mask. that cant help any thing.

ManRam
02-01-2010, 11:58 PM
I see a few people not blaming Vince because he's "injured". First off, he's banged up, not injured. Secondly, if he is sucking this much, and it is because he's banged up, he needs to shut it down. There is not reason to tough it out if you are playing as mind bogglingly terrible as he is right now. Seriously, his January was absolutely putrid. I wish I was a thesaurus because I'd keep going. Revolting, abhorrent, offensive, gruesome...just keep going with it. He's been that bad.

He is a wasted body when he's on the court. It's basically 5-4.

Vinny642
02-02-2010, 12:01 AM
Tyson Chandler was the worst acquisition.... he hasn't played good for the Bobcats at all and is injured alot. Bad trade by them.

RaptorizedKevin
02-02-2010, 12:05 AM
Terrible trade! Wiz give up Caron Butler and get nothing in return. Atleast McGrady could come in and contribute something. I can't see Orlando taking back Hedo with the contract he signed. Only team that benefits is Toronto.

it saves money dawg, this way they dont even havta pay the remainder of mcgrady's contract. they dont need him to contribute, when they can get a higher draft pick :facepalm: yu clearly dont have your facts straight.

RaptorizedKevin
02-02-2010, 12:09 AM
someone said hedo has us in 5th place? no no its jarrat jack, dvelopment of bargs and bosh. and consistantcy of our bench thanks to calderons attitude in coming off the bench. Give antoine wright some heavy minutes, let turkoglu laugh on the bench, we'll still win games.

IversonIsKrazy
02-02-2010, 01:48 AM
RICHARD JEFFERSON BY FAR. Man, hes bin so dissapointing...

Raph12
02-02-2010, 11:39 AM
really that bad ? i dont think he was ever this inconsistant in orlando. then again i didnt watch all 82 orlando games like i do toronto games. im just hoping he will come around. his distribution has helped us alot this year, his shots been real off though. and now it looks like he will be wearing a mask. that cant help any thing.

Dude trust me, if you don't belive me, I'll show you his offensive stats from his game logs starting at the beginning of the playoffs last season:

vs Philadelphia
Game 1: 2-8FG 0-2THR 2-2FT 6PTs 4ASTs 1TO 4PFs
Game 2: 3-10FG 1-1THR 9-11FT 16PTs 3ASTs 3TOs 1PF
Game 3: 2-12FG 1-3THR 6-6FT 11PTs 4ASTs 5TOs 5PFs
Game 4: 8-11FG 0-1THR 1-2FT 17PTs 0ASTs 4TOs 2PFs
Game 5: 3-14FG 1-5THR 2-2FT 9PTs 4ASTs 2TOs 5PFs
Game 6: 5-8FG 1-2THR 1-1FT 12PTs 5ASTs 3TOs 3PFs

vs Boston
Game 1: 6-16FG 2-4THR 1-4FT 15PTs 5ASTs 2TO 1PF
Game 2: 4-8FG 1-3THR 5-6FT 14PTs 2ASTs 2TOs 2PFs
Game 3: 8-12FG 2-3THR 6-7FT 24PTs 4ASTs 1TO 5PFs
Game 4: 4-14FG 1-4THR 2-2FT 11PTs 4ASTs 3TOs 3PFs
Game 5: 7-14FG 0-5THR 4-4FT 18PTs 7ASTs 2TOs 4PFs
Game 6: 3-13FG 1-5THR 0-0FT 7PTs 3ASTs 3TOs 2PFs
Game 7: 9-12FG 4-5THR 3-3FT 25PTs 12ASTs 3TOs 3PFs

vs Cleveland
Game 1: 4-11FG 1-2THR 6-6FT 15PTs 14ASTs 2TO 1PF
Game 2: 9-17FG 2-4THR 1-2FT 21PTs 3ASTs 2TOs 5PFs
Game 3: 1-11FG 0-1THR 11-12FT 13PTs 7ASTs 3TOs 2PFs
Game 4: 5-13FG 2-5THR 3-4FT 15PTs 8ASTs 5TOs 4PFs
Game 5: 10-18FG 2-5THR 7-9FT 29PTs 2ASTs 2TOs 4PFs
Game 6: 3-12FG 2-6THR 2-2FT 10PTs 5ASTs 3TOs 5PFs

vs Los Angeles Lakers
Game 1: 3-11FG 1-3THR 6-6FT 13PTs 2ASTs 4TO 2PFs
Game 2: 8-17FG 3-6THR 3-4FT 22PTs 4ASTs 5TOs 5PFs
Game 3: 7-12FG 1-3THR 3-4FT 18PTs 7ASTs 1TO 3PFs
Game 4: 8-13FG 1-3THR 8-13FT 25PTs 3ASTs 1TO 4PFs
Game 5: 4-8FG 1-1THR 3-4FT 12PTs 3ASTs 2TOs 5PFs

Now if you can find any consistency in those numbers, you let me know. Btw the only reason he put up big numbers for us, is because he ran our offense. Like I said, he was the most inconsistent player we had on the team, we'd never know which Hedo would show.

Slimsim
02-02-2010, 11:57 AM
Vince carter.

Chronz
02-02-2010, 02:03 PM
He's been a littlE disappointing but his numbers are still better than Trevor ARIZAS WERE WITH US LAST YEAR.

But yea to your point he appears to be shaking the Plantar Fasicitis and has looked alot more mobile and active the past few games so hopefully that continues.

I agree Sheed and ALSO Courtney Lee deserve mention.

Lots of People wee projecting Lee to get like 20 ppg. He's pretty muched sucked.
false

Raoul Duke
02-02-2010, 03:48 PM
I know it's already been stated, but there are a lot of Pistons fans that are tired of C-Vil already. It kills me that we got rid of one seven footer that only wanted to shoot threes, and then went out and signed another seven footer who only wants to shoot threes. The only difference is that the newer model doesn't play defense.

Probably not the most disappointing aquisition in the NBA, but worth mentioning.

CityofTreez
02-02-2010, 04:02 PM
Vince Cater
ben Gordon
Charlie Villanueva
hedo Turkoglu
Richard jefferson

in that order

irobson
02-02-2010, 04:05 PM
has to be vince...he was supposed to make the magic and top contender...and they don't look like they can beat the cavs, atlanta, or the celtics

ttam68
02-02-2010, 08:25 PM
Elton Brand.

Huge contract, injury. Returned this year and is bench player

albertc86
02-02-2010, 09:28 PM
Vince Carter, hands down. Richard Jefferson was never a huge acquisition to me; the media is responsible for hyping that up. Duncan is still a great player but he isn't what he used to be. Parker is still ballin' and Manu has been on the decline. Ben Gordon shouldn't be on the list because he didn't go to a contender.

Patsfreak1776
02-02-2010, 09:30 PM
Rasheed Wallace.

JasonJohnHorn
02-02-2010, 10:29 PM
The best way to measure the success of an off season aquisition is to compare how teams are doing. Turkaglu? Carter? Jefferson? The bottom line is that Toronto and Orlando are higher in the standings than they were last year at this time, and the Spurs are about where they were before Jefferson but they are deeper on the wing and needed some help there since Finely is aging and Brent Barry and Bruce Bowen are both gone. Their center spot is a little weak but the Spurs finished with 54 wins and look to be on pace for about that again this year.

So I think it could be argued that each of those teams have made good offseasons moves even if the players they picked up haven't excelled indivually. Carter and Jefferson especially were expected to take cuts in scoring averages since both would be on deeper teams, while Turkaglu (I think) was expected to see increases. But all those teams are doing fairly well and agruably as good or better than last season.

The Mavs made a couple signings too (Marion and Gooden) and don't seem to be much better than they were last year, but they are higher in the standings too, and Houston is doing much better than most would have imagined considering the fact that they have essentially lost three all-stars (Artest, McGrady and Yao) and a solid back up (Mutumbo), so even though Ariza's shooting % has been HORRIBLE, the team as a whole is doing far better than anybody expected.

The Shaq aquisition seems to be doing about what the Cavs had hoped, and that is give an additional interior presence, and the Cavs have the best record in the league so their aquisition can be considered to have done what they hoped.

Judging by how teams are doing, I have to say the worst aquisitions were Charlie V and Ben Gordon. The Pistons have been playing like $#!T all season, and as a Detroit area fan I have to say that has been a huge disapointment. Joe Dumars has usually been great at free agent pick ups but these two have been disapointing, not because they are bad, not because their abilities haven't really helped the team which has been in a downward spiral all year (in part due to injury, in part due to coaching and in part due to chemistry). I know Detroit had a lot of talent to make up for (Billups, McDyess and Wallace are all gone), but thes aquisition have done nothing to slow Detroit decent into lottery territory and have infact sped up the the decent.

The only other aquisition that seems to have not panned out to well is the Andre Miller signing by Portland, but Portland seemed to have made improvements before they became riddled with injury and though they have been keeping their heads above water I doubt they will be able to hold up this level of play all season and that won't be because of the Miller signing but rather because of the injuries.

So my vote goes for Ben Gordon and Charlie V.

Raph12
02-02-2010, 10:36 PM
has to be vince...he was supposed to make the magic and top contender...and they don't look like they can beat the cavs, atlanta, or the celtics

3-0 vs Atlanta, 2-1 vs Boston and they lost to Cleveland early in the season, in the only game so far and that without Shard or Anderson.

But of course having Vince produce will be significant and key if the Magic want to contend with the Cavs for the EC championship. If he can go for 15-4-4 on 45+% shooting, that's all they'd need from him. Atleast he's started February off the right way.

Vince's statline for the night:
7-15FG 2-3THR 1-3FT 10RBs 7ASTs 1STL 1BLK 17PTs

Fireworld
02-03-2010, 03:03 AM
Sheed