PDA

View Full Version : Stan Van Gundy Will Coach the East All-Star if Orlando Wins Today

ko8e24
01-31-2010, 08:28 PM
If the Orlando Magic win tonight's road game against the Detroit Pistons, then Stan Van Gundy will be coaching the East All-Stars. If my memory serves me correct, he might've coached the East All-Stars in 2005 when he was coaching Shaq-Wade and the Miami Heat.

But that'll be interesting to see Stan coaching his former player D-Wade

And of course, Nuggets George Karl will be coaching the West.

Just thought I'd let you guys know about this.

ManRam
01-31-2010, 08:31 PM
They were talking on TNT the other night how great it would be if SVG was the coach. I'd imagine, and they agree, that he'd be hilarious when miked up.

DodgerBulls
01-31-2010, 08:33 PM
whooo. hopefully. I don't want to see doc coach the team just because of rondo and him.

ko8e24
01-31-2010, 08:34 PM
They were talking on TNT the other night how great it would be if SVG was the coach. I'd imagine, and they agree, that he'd be hilarious when miked up.

ya, dwight was doin the Van Gundy impression in one of the post-game interviews...

"Run guyyyyyyss!!! AAAHHH!"

lol

ko8e24
01-31-2010, 08:36 PM
whooo. hopefully. I don't want to see doc coach the team just because of rondo and him.

Naw, Doc would just be an arse and play Rondo for 6 seconds and have D. Rose play like 40 minutes, lol.

*Superman*
01-31-2010, 08:37 PM
They asked SVG about it, and he said he doesn't care about it, and Doc said he would like the rest. And they asked Mike Woodson and he said it would be an honor to coach it.

*Superman*
01-31-2010, 08:40 PM
"The possibility of Stan Van Gundy coaching in the All-Star Game left Dwight Howard chuckling, smiling and yelling in a raspy voice on Saturday.

Van Gundy is an intense coach who emphasizes defense. In the All-Star Game, hardly anyone plays defense. More than ever, it looks like those two contrasting forces -- Van Gundy's singular focus and the exhibition's relaxed atmosphere -- will collide.

The Orlando Magic's 104-86 victory over the Atlanta Hawks on Saturday means Van Gundy will coach in the game if the Magic defeat the Detroit Pistons today. If the Magic lose, either Atlanta's Mike Woodson or Boston's Doc Rivers will serve as the coach, depending on the result of the Celtics' home game this afternoon against the Los Angeles Lakers.

Cleveland's Mike Brown, whose team has the NBA's best record, is ineligible to coach the East because he coached the East last year.

"We're going to do our job on the court to see him be a all-star coach," Howard said of Van Gundy. "That'd be hilarious. Wow. I could imagine it now."

Howard then launched into a loud Van Gundy imitation."

td0tsfinest
01-31-2010, 08:42 PM
Does it really matter who coaches?

ko8e24
01-31-2010, 08:49 PM
Does it really matter who coaches?

Actualy, it does, cuz the All-Star game most of the time is such a borefest until the final minutes of the game, if the game is even that close, and prolly the first few minutes of the game.

Having Van Gundy in those East practice sessions and on the sideline is gonna be hilarious and will be bring more levity and humor to the all-star game.

RadiantShot
01-31-2010, 08:51 PM
Well, the Celtics lost tonight, so even if we lose, he'll still probably get it.

Not looking good right now.

ko8e24
01-31-2010, 09:44 PM
With the Magic defeating the Pistons 91-86...

Stan Van Gundy, Orlando Magic Head Coach, is Officially the Head Coach of the 2010 Eastern Conference All-Star Team.

lmao!

Good luck Stan! And Most of all......HAVE FUN! :laugh:

Sly Guy
01-31-2010, 09:51 PM
I'd love to see stan coach the east. Call timeouts and scream at his players for porous defense. That would make my all star weekend!

Raps18-19 Champ
01-31-2010, 09:56 PM
I would have given it to Hawks coach because they were such a suprise and are up there with the Magic and Celtics.

ko8e24
01-31-2010, 09:59 PM
I would have given it to Hawks coach because they were such a suprise and are up there with the Magic and Celtics.

Well, the Haws lost to Orlando last night, and Orlando has a better record than Atlanta at the January 31st mark (and if they did have similar records, Orlando leads the season series against Hawks 3-0)

*Superman*
01-31-2010, 10:04 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if SVG gave it to Woodson, if you can.

ko8e24
01-31-2010, 10:06 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if SVG gave it to Woodson, if you can.

no, you can't, I think you're mandated to do it.

RadiantShot
01-31-2010, 10:09 PM
That's really whack. I think they should be able to give it to another coach, if they really wanted.

Raph12
02-01-2010, 01:35 AM
Congratz to Stan, but I don't think it will be a good fit (defense-preaching coach in the least intense game of the season), nor do I think he even wants to do it.