PDA

View Full Version : Did the Celtics jeopardize a chance at another title?

Gibby23
01-31-2010, 04:15 PM
By making KG wait to have surgery last year. If he would have had it last year, he would probably be better right now. Now it doesn't seem like he will be ready this season and he will be 34 next year.

Gibby23
02-01-2010, 02:47 PM
Any thoughts?

RaptorizedKevin
02-01-2010, 02:51 PM
stop the celtics threads.

GodsSon
02-01-2010, 02:52 PM
I think from the inception of that Big 3 in Boston they had a very limited window to win a title, and they just so happened to get it that first season...it was only a matter of time before age caught up with them, particularly KG, who had logged an insane amount of minutes throughout his career

Whether or not this all relates to them postponing his surgery last season is unknown, but the fact their "Big Three" are all entering their mid-30's does not bode well for their title hopes

Nighthawk
02-01-2010, 03:06 PM
No offense PSD but can you all get off our di$Ks

Now, Now. They dont gotta get off. We got plenty of room for more. :D

Celtics didnt jeopardize anything. Hopefully Daniels comes back full strength and stays healthy. If KG can turn things around and look at least a 75% of his old form we'll be fine. Plus I think by the dead line Danny will make a move. Maybe not trading Ray like has been rumored. But maybe some of the many other lesser talented expirings we got. T.A, Scal, House, Williams, or Walker or Giddens. I say dont count the C's out JUST yet. Gotta wait til after the all star break. We could be looking good heading into the post season. I wont panic JUST yet.

Gibby23
02-01-2010, 03:08 PM
Now, Now. They dont gotta get off. We got plenty of room for more. :D

Celtics didnt jeopardize anything. Hopefully Daniels comes back full strength and stays healthy. If KG can turn things around and look at least a 75% of his old form we'll be fine. Plus I think by the dead line Danny will make a move. Maybe not trading Ray like has been rumored. But maybe some of the many other lesser talented expirings we got. T.A, Scal, House, Williams, or Walker or Giddens. I say dont count the C's out JUST yet. Gotta wait til after the all star break. We could be looking good heading into the post season. I wont panic JUST yet.

Im not saying they won't make it to the finals, but what was the point of KG waiting an extra 3 or 4 months?

JoeSchroeduh
02-01-2010, 03:17 PM
This is the reaction to a one-point loss on a game winning shot by the best player in the league, to the best team in the West... while the team still isn't at 100%.

Kobe misses that shot and everyone is talking about "The Celtics are back", "Can the Lakers hang with the Eastern powerhouse teams", "Can anyone stop the Celtics once they get Daniels back?"

They didn't jeopardize anything, if this team is healthy come playoff time, they will no doubt be able to contend.

Gibby23
02-01-2010, 03:22 PM
This is the reaction to a one-point loss on a game winning shot by the best player in the league, to the best team in the West... while the team still isn't at 100%.

Kobe misses that shot and everyone is talking about "The Celtics are back", "Can the Lakers hang with the Eastern powerhouse teams", "Can anyone stop the Celtics once they get Daniels back?"

They didn't jeopardize anything, if this team is healthy come playoff time, they will no doubt be able to contend.

Not if they are the 4th or 5th seed. I don't think they can win 2 or 3 series on the road to get to the finals.

SirCalvin81
02-01-2010, 03:40 PM
uhhh no

igPay atinLay
02-01-2010, 03:41 PM
If only the Celtics had their own special forum for topics like this?

Why can't they have their own, if only...wait...oohhh they do have a Celtics forum.

Nighthawk
02-01-2010, 03:46 PM
If only the Celtics had their own special forum for topics like this?

Why can't they have their own, if only...wait...oohhh they do have a Celtics forum.

Come on. Were the Celtics. Everyone wants to talk about tradition.

ElMarroAfamado
02-01-2010, 04:14 PM

haha

td0tsfinest
02-01-2010, 04:29 PM
I love you sig pic Gibby. The guy who took the pic did a great job.

Gibby23
02-01-2010, 04:40 PM
I love you sig pic Gibby. The guy who took the pic did a great job.

Thanks. I wanted the one where KG bumped into Artest and went flying to the ground, but couldn't find it.

This:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWIL-tjRYyo

Strumpy
02-01-2010, 04:46 PM

This x1,000

johnwayne
02-01-2010, 04:46 PM
from a "realistic" perspective....i think its safe to say that boston is no longer a top team in the nba....injuries and age have won the war on boston and i beleive they should no longer be in the discussion to be champions

69centers
02-01-2010, 04:49 PM
By making KG wait to have surgery last year. If he would have had it last year, he would probably be better right now. Now it doesn't seem like he will be ready this season and he will be 34 next year.

His current injury is a hyperextended knee, suffered by getting kicked there twice in two different games. It has NOTHING to do with the bone chips he had surgically removed in the offseason. Same knee, two different, unrelated injuries.

Tony_Starks
02-01-2010, 05:04 PM
I dont think its panic time in Boston just yet. Even banged up they pushed us to the limit yesterday. KG is declining yes but also Rondo is getting better! A minor move like getting another athletic gaurd or backup PG and they should be fine.

and I hate the Celtics by the way.

Double_R
02-01-2010, 05:07 PM
The Celtics barely lost to the Magic and Lakers this week, they are 2 legit teams, so they seem ok to me, KG is obviously not the old version, but that is also age... If Rondo could hit a jump shot and free throws they might be better... That is what they should focus on, not stuff you can't change

BTW, Superbabynumber9, I like the post earlier, congrats on stepping your game up

JoeSchroeduh
02-02-2010, 10:21 AM
Not if they are the 4th or 5th seed. I don't think they can win 2 or 3 series on the road to get to the finals.

If you haven't noticed, we're actually doing better on the road this year.

JoeSchroeduh
02-02-2010, 10:44 AM
Oh no! The Lakers lost to the Grizzlies! Should they have sat Kobe for a week to heal? Did they jeopardize a chance at another title? Stick a fork in them, they're done! Time to panic LA!

Stop judging season's based on one game...