PDA

View Full Version : Sources: Wizards, Rockets Discussing Deal

*Superman*
01-31-2010, 01:05 PM
The Houston Rockets and Washington Wizards continue to discuss a possible Tracy McGrady trade in advance of next month's trading deadline, according to NBA front-office sources.

Sources told ESPN.com that the Rockets have indeed expressed an interest in Wizards forward Caron Butler and center Brendan Haywood. But for a Wizards-Rockets deal to go through, Washington would almost certainly try to hold out for at least one of Houston's rotation players, such as Luis Scola, in addition to McGrady.

The Rockets, sources say, have made it clear that they are willing to surrender McGrady's $22.5 million contract before the deadline if they can get quality talent in return, but they also have the option of simply keeping McGrady for the rest of the season and letting his contract expire to gain payroll flexibility for an offseason retooling.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4873867

Sinattle
01-31-2010, 01:16 PM
Wizards rebuilding has begun...

*Superman*
01-31-2010, 01:17 PM
If they get him, then yeah, they could start clean if they voided Gilbert.

ManRam
01-31-2010, 01:18 PM
That would be a solid trade for both teams.

Kakaroach
01-31-2010, 01:18 PM
Yeah, guess that wasn't just a rumor a month or so ago.

Rockets already have good wingers in Ariza and Battier, so no need to go after Caron. I could see why they would like Brendan Haywood though.

Like the deal for the Wiz, especially if they could get Scola.

bahama0811
01-31-2010, 01:21 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing Scola to the Eastern Conference. I'd rather see the Nuggets get Haywood though.

*Superman*
01-31-2010, 01:22 PM
How good would the Rockets be with Butler and Haywood, I like this trade for them.

rapjuicer06
01-31-2010, 01:26 PM
maybe instead of butler they got jamison???? then if i were cleveland i'd be ok with giving up scola...even though jamison is getting up there in years, he's still one hell of a player

ManRam
01-31-2010, 01:27 PM
Yeah, guess that wasn't just a rumor a month or so ago.

Rockets already have good wingers in Ariza and Battier, so no need to go after Caron. I could see why they would like Brendan Haywood though.

Like the deal for the Wiz, especially if they could get Scola.

They really only have two good wing players in Ariza and Battier. Ariza needs someone else around him who can score (Butler) to be effective. He's not a #1 or even a #2 option at this point in his career. Battier could be solid coming off the bench.

PG: Brooks/Lowry
SG: Ariza/Battier
SF: Butler/Buddinger
PF: Landry/Hayes
C: Haywood/Andersen

That's a lot better than why they currently have IMO. I don't think they make the playoffs with their current roster. They need Haywood's size. Chuck Hayes starting at center isn't going to cut it the rest of the year.

mjt20mik
01-31-2010, 01:37 PM
They really only have two good wing players in Ariza and Battier. Ariza needs someone else around him who can score (Butler) to be effective. He's not a #1 or even a #2 option at this point in his career. Battier could be solid coming off the bench.

PG: Brooks/Lowry
SG: Ariza/Battier
SF: Butler/Buddinger
PF: Landry/Hayes
C: Haywood/Andersen

That's a lot better than why they currently have IMO. I don't think they make the playoffs with their current roster. They need Haywood's size. Chuck Hayes starting at center isn't going to cut it the rest of the year.

I would rather have either Hayes or Battier starting at the four. Landry has been a beast of the bench, so why ruin that.

Paulliwali
01-31-2010, 01:37 PM
I guess this deal is good for both sides, but do the wizard's players have heart? cause for them to play well on the rocket's team is defense and hustle, being that i never watched them play..

ManRam
01-31-2010, 01:42 PM
I would rather have either Hayes or Battier starting at the four. Landry has been a beast of the bench, so why ruin that.

Fair enough. Either way, I think it's a great trade for both teams...even if Houston has to give up Scola.

ManRam
01-31-2010, 01:44 PM
I guess this deal is good for both sides, but do the wizard's players have heart? cause for them to play well on the rocket's team is defense and hustle, being that i never watched them play..

Haywood is one of the best defensive big men in the league. Butler is a an above average defender as well. They'd fit into Houston's game style very, very, very well.

RaptorizedKevin
01-31-2010, 01:44 PM
why isnt it jamison and butler?

TheWatcher34
01-31-2010, 01:47 PM
this doesnt sound bad for both teams. and if Yao comes back they'll have a damn good frontcourt

Paulliwali
01-31-2010, 01:48 PM
Haywood is one of the best defensive big men in the league. Butler is a an above average defender as well. They'd fit into Houston's game style very, very, very well.

kay thats good then

D1JM
01-31-2010, 01:56 PM
So another small forward at the rockets!

Young2Kinsler
01-31-2010, 02:31 PM
This should be Dallas talkin with the Wizards :( It would make alot more sense.

This deal would help both teams though, I could see something being worked out. To me tho, losing Scola and the cap relief is alot to pay for Houston.

RaptorizedKevin
01-31-2010, 03:05 PM
This should be Dallas talkin with the Wizards :( It would make alot more sense.

This deal would help both teams though, I could see something being worked out. To me tho, losing Scola and the cap relief is alot to pay for Houston.

dallas is tanked enough, they can live with josh howard :]

houston should make the trade Caron butler and jamison to the rockets for mcgrady. MAKES ALOT MORE SENSE. PLUS..
when yao comes back, that team is an instant contender.

Raven-Lunatic
01-31-2010, 03:06 PM
why isnt it jamison and butler?

Because Washington isn't stupid enough to trade both Jamison and Butler in the same deal. Only a ****** would do that. Real dumb question.

Raven-Lunatic
01-31-2010, 03:15 PM
maybe instead of butler they got jamison???? then if i were cleveland i'd be ok with giving up scola...even though jamison is getting up there in years, he's still one hell of a player

You lost me since when does Scola play for Cleveland and what does Cleveland have to do with this thread discussion? I thought it was about Butler to Houston for McGrady.

thedfactor
01-31-2010, 03:27 PM
Houston improves here. It makes sense to go after Haywood since you cannot depend on Yao any more, he gets hurt too much. With Brooks/Ariza/Butler/Hayes/Haywood...I think they can do some damage again come playoffs, this team always plays hard.

Too bad their instate rivals aren't dealing, Dirk's career will continue without a ring.

IRUAM #21
01-31-2010, 04:31 PM
Because Washington isn't stupid enough to trade both Jamison and Butler in the same deal. Only a ****** would do that. Real dumb question.

They're looking to blow it up, why wouldn't they trade them together ?