PDA

View Full Version : Is Andre Iguodala enough to keep LeBron in Cleveland?

RaysFan
01-31-2010, 01:35 AM
What do you think? Iggy is sort of a Scottie Pippen type of player. I can't imagine the havoc those 2 would cause with their perimeter defense. Iggy is only a 32% 3-point shooter though so that could be a problem.

What do you thin? The rumors are that Cleveland could be getting Iggy near the trade deadline. Is that enough to put Cleveland over the top?

BravoKnights
01-31-2010, 01:40 AM
iggy is good but he is NO WHERE NEAR a scottie pippen type player...hell be good but he will not put them over the top

jimbobjarree
01-31-2010, 01:41 AM
i saw a rumor that counted Cleveland out of getting Iggy though, says they couldnt compete with the other offers so its not going to happen.

Is it enough to keep him in Cleveland, who knows if keeping him is down to the players around him or the city around him

D1JM
01-31-2010, 01:49 AM
iggy like scotty. Hell No!!!!!!!

dibacco59
01-31-2010, 01:56 AM
it would never work because they play the same position . . . iggy will never be a shooting guard because he flat out cant shoot . . . and he has an awful contract

kozelkid
01-31-2010, 01:58 AM
I love when people actually compare Iggy to Scottie :laugh2:

slack_justin
01-31-2010, 02:14 AM
first off scottie could actually shoot. and why is lebron gonna play power forward? if not then they dont really need another SF. Maybe amare,bosh, or wade and he'll stay. OR he was gonna stay all along.

thedfactor
01-31-2010, 02:28 AM
No. I don't see Iggy getting traded to Cleveland anyway. Houston maybe.

29$JerZ
01-31-2010, 02:31 AM
Cleveland can't get him imo

I think Philly would like to get Brand or even Dalembert out before Iggy, he is their "franchise player" after all. Him going for Big Z and late first rounds just don't sound right. But for Dalembert and Brand yeah/

vash9
01-31-2010, 02:45 AM
Nope. I see Iggy to eitehr Houston or Dallas.

not Cleveland. And if he does go to CLE, how does he play at the same time as Lebron when they're the same position. Either Lebron goes to PF or Iggy to SG?

ChicagoBulls23
01-31-2010, 02:48 AM
Iggy won't keep LeBron in Cleveland because he's not gonna get traded there.

blams
01-31-2010, 03:25 AM
Iggy like Scottie :facepalm:

rhaas74
01-31-2010, 02:58 PM
First off the Cavs can make a trade of Z, Wally (S+T), and picks/filler players for Iggy and Dalembert or Brand. This way Philly can get rid of some of those big contracts. It would give Philly $20 million to work with in FA, which could land them a big time player.

That said, Iggy would not play SF, he would play SG. He would be a better defender and could create a better shot than Anthony Parker, who is starting right now. That would send Parker to the bench and make the team even deeper.

And it would not be just Iggy keeping LeBron around. We would still have Mo, who is a borderline all-start, Varejao, who is becoming a legit post defender, and Hickson, who is really starting to develop this year. Honestly, why would LeBron want to leave a team that had the best record last year and has the best record so far this year?

Hawkeye15
01-31-2010, 03:08 PM
This is interesting. By all accounts, Iggy is as good of a player statistically as Pippen was. Pippen enjoyed great success as a team player however. They are kind of similar really. I would imagine if Iggy were on a contender, especially one that won a ring, he would be considered a top 10 player easily.
And yes, I think Iggy would be enough to put Cleveland over the top.

Hawkeye15
01-31-2010, 03:09 PM
looking at stats shows you how similar player A is to player B. But, with Pippen winning 6 rings, and playing "meaningful" games, he is deemed a superstar. Its easy to see how fine the line really is, and how being surrounded with better players all of a sudden makes someone so much better, when in reality, they are not any better.

Ovratd1up
01-31-2010, 03:14 PM
What if they were trying to get Iguodala to somehow replace Lebron in case he left? Think about it, AI really is the mini Lebron, and if he could learn from the man himself, he could take his game to another level if James were to leave. For now, he could be their premier defender on guys like Pierce, Vince, and Kobe, so he would take some of the load off of Bron.

Hawkeye15
01-31-2010, 03:16 PM
What if they were trying to get Iguodala to somehow replace Lebron in case he left? Think about it, AI really is the mini Lebron, and if he could learn from the man himself, he could take his game to another level if James were to leave. For now, he could be their premier defender on guys like Pierce, Vince, and Kobe, so he would take some of the load off of Bron.

yeah, and the 17/6/6 don't hurt on the offensive side either. But that is why I think he is indeed similar to Pippen. He does it all, and Iggy as a #2 option would be dynamite

RaptorizedKevin
01-31-2010, 03:19 PM
gosh i hate the cavs, takign advantage of rebuilding teams and offering expirings for igoudala.. like wth.

JOSKOMANG4
01-31-2010, 03:28 PM
Cleveland can't get him imo

I think Philly would like to get Brand or even Dalembert out before Iggy, he is their "franchise player" after all. Him going for Big Z and late first rounds just don't sound right. But for Dalembert and Brand yeah/

That's why I believe Houston would be a good trade!

Rockets acquire SF/SG AI 23, C S.Dalembart & J.Kapono from Sixers in exchanged for SG T.Mcgrady & SF S.Battier

Rockets lineup:

C) Sam Dalembart/Anderson/Hayes
PF) Scola/Landry/Cook/Dorsey
SF) T.Ariza/J.Kapono/Budinger
SG) AI23/J.Taylor
PG) A.Brooks/K.Lowry

Sixers:

C) Speights/Brezec
PF)E.Brand/T.Young/J.Smith
SF) S.Battier/R.Carney
SG) T.Mac/W.Green/Ivey
PG) Iverson/Drue Holiday/L.Williams

Kyben36
01-31-2010, 03:32 PM
Lebron is not a good perimiter defender, Iggy is though, I dont know if I would say it would keep him there, especialy if he wants to play with Bosh post 2010, which there have been rumors.

xxcubs22xx
01-31-2010, 03:33 PM
The Cavaliers suck in my opinion either way. I hope he comes to Chicago lol.

I lost my enthusiasm when i saw Iggy get compared with Pippen. liek wowz

JPHX
01-31-2010, 03:48 PM
the suns need to step in and prevent this madness from happening.

Teeboy1487
01-31-2010, 03:53 PM
Cleveland should get Brand instead of Iggy. They would be alot more scarier in my opinion, but I really hope that does not happen.

smith&wesson
01-31-2010, 04:14 PM
Call me crazy but dont lebron and iggy play the same position ??

MaHaRaJaH
Yay all attention on Lebron now

cmstophe
Still waiting for someone to say what makes Pippen so legendary as opposed to Iguodala. Stats say otherwise.

abe_froman
01-31-2010, 04:23 PM
Still waiting for someone to say what makes Pippen so legendary as opposed to Iguodala. Stats say otherwise.

crushing d,and pip differed his statistical glory because he was playing next to mj,iggy has free reign to grab as much of it as he wants

NiTEFuRY
01-31-2010, 04:36 PM
Easy answer, no. More complex answer is what do they want.
Rumor is Washington (for Jamison) wants Z, JJ + pick(s) - which is a lot. If 76ers just want cap relief, this is a no brainer - if they want all those players, it could really hurt their depth.

JasonJohnHorn
01-31-2010, 05:09 PM
I'm not sure what type of deal the Cavs would offer up to the 76ers, but adding Iggy to the Cavs would put them over the top for sure. They've been missing a shooting guard for years. D. West playing shooting guard? He's just to small and gives up too many inches on defence. Parker is a solid back-up, but he doesn't scare defences into covering him tight. I think with AI 2.0 in the back court, considering his ball handling skills and shooting, he'd be enough to spread the floor. Obviously he'd be playing shooting guard full time instead of spending so many minutes at small forward. I imagine getting AI2.0 might mean having to take on Brand's contract as well. I'm not sure what the Cavs would have to cough up to get Iggy.

Rip Hamilton would also be a great addition.

DodgerBulls
01-31-2010, 08:19 PM
i still think Bron is going nowhere.

td0tsfinest
01-31-2010, 08:50 PM
a championship would keep Lebron in Cleveland. But Iggy and Lebron might just be a potent combo.

_KB24_
01-31-2010, 09:18 PM
LOL @ the Iggy/Pippen comparison. As great of a defender Iggy is, Pippen is arguably a Top 5 defender of ALL TIME. Iggy would be lucky to grace the Top 50.

Ragan
01-31-2010, 10:11 PM
I think the Pippen comparison is just more of the TYPE of player Iggy is (perfect 2nd banana, can score, play solid D, etc.), not necessarily saying he's as good as Pippen, who is a top 50 all time player.

That said, coming from a Sixers and Iggy fan, I don't think he'd be a great fit in Cleveland. He could help them, sure, but honestly he would add little offensively and may even disrupt the flow a bit. His offensive game is practically a clone of LeBrons (without being an all-time great), and he's not a good outside shooter. Without having the ball in his hands and the offense running through him as much as he has in Philly, I would expect no more than 13-14 points a night, and it would allow his defender to cheat into the lane a bit more than they would have to with West or Gibson or someone who is a serious 3pt threat.

rhaas74
01-31-2010, 10:42 PM
I think the Pippen comparison is just more of the TYPE of player Iggy is (perfect 2nd banana, can score, play solid D, etc.), not necessarily saying he's as good as Pippen, who is a top 50 all time player.

That said, coming from a Sixers and Iggy fan, I don't think he'd be a great fit in Cleveland. He could help them, sure, but honestly he would add little offensively and may even disrupt the flow a bit. His offensive game is practically a clone of LeBrons (without being an all-time great), and he's not a good outside shooter. Without having the ball in his hands and the offense running through him as much as he has in Philly, I would expect no more than 13-14 points a night, and it would allow his defender to cheat into the lane a bit more than they would have to with West or Gibson or someone who is a serious 3pt threat.

Sure West and Gibson are better outside, but he would be eating into the minutes of Anthony Parker, Jamario Moon, and Jawad Williams more than those two. So, over those 3, he would be a significant improvement.

koreancabbage
01-31-2010, 11:25 PM
Sure West and Gibson are better outside, but he would be eating into the minutes of Anthony Parker, Jamario Moon, and Jawad Williams more than those two. So, over those 3, he would be a significant improvement.

yes he is an improvement over those 3 for sure, but he's not a Scottie Pippen type of player.

Let's make an allstar team before we need to say anymore.

I've always believed AI was overrated just b/c the team's over the years have pretty much sucked. Philly knows they are not getting anywhere with Iggy as the main man, so they gotta cut ties. That's the way I see it.

Not to take anything away from Iggy, but he should be a 3rd option on a team. He does everything else so well other than the fact he can't score big, even on a team he's conceived as the go-to guy.

and there is where i believe he will fit pretty well in Cleveland. Lebron and Mo are 1-2 in terms of scoring. AI can be the third guy.

Blackjack24
02-01-2010, 12:57 AM
Well... part of the issue with Iggy's lack of All-Star appearances is that he does play the same position as LBJ. So, with James undoubtedly better, how many spots are left for a SF? One more probably goes to Pierce... and suddenly, it looks very difficult to get Iggy regardless of how well he's playing.

As to whether Iggy would keep James in Cleveland- I doubt it. Those of you who've watched Sixer games lately know that Iggy is useless without the ball. He can't shoot, especially catch-and-release... and he definitely struggles against quick 2 guards. So if he were shifted to the 2, and LBJ played three, you'd have a defense-only 2 who couldn't shoot. And if he played 3, LBJ would play 4 and the whole lineup would be screwed up.

RaysFan
02-01-2010, 01:03 AM
Scottie Pippin was not an elite 3-point shooter. Scottie was a career 32% shooter from 3 and only had 2 seasons where he shot above 34%. Iguodala is a career 32% 3-point shooter and has 1 season above 34% from 3.

I fail to see the big difference.

Now obviously Scottie is the better player, but Iggy could grow into a Scottie Pippin type of player if he plays next to LeBron. He could be the defensive stopper and the 2nd scorer. He probably wouldn't have to score as much with Mo at PG but you get the idea.

Pierzynski4Prez
02-01-2010, 01:17 AM
Scottie Pippin was not an elite 3-point shooter. Scottie was a career 32% shooter from 3 and only had 2 seasons where he shot above 34%. Iguodala is a career 32% 3-point shooter and has 1 season above 34% from 3.

Now obviously Scottie is the better player, but Iggy could grow into a Scottie Pippin type of player if he plays next to LeBron. He could be the defensive stopper and the 2nd scorer. He probably wouldn't have to score as much with Mo at PG but you get the idea.

I'm just going to assume you are under the age of 18, and never got to see Pippen play. This is not even a conversation. People need to stop talking about Pippen with Iggy. Can Iggy even make a freaking all-star team? And you are trying to compare him with Pippen, based off 3 pt%?

Raph12
02-01-2010, 01:29 AM
No and please do not compare Iggy to Pippen again.

MrFastBreak
02-01-2010, 01:47 AM
Shooting is certainly not Iggys strength in his game, but hes not THAT bad. Hes shooting like .406% on jumpshots this year

Draco
02-01-2010, 02:10 AM
I think Iggy would be enough for James.. I'd guess James would be satisfied with competent players who aren't necessarily elite. ie. Mo Williams (who James seems to be satisfied with). I'd guess he really wants to stay in Cleveland as long as Cleveland made an honest effort to get him a little help.

The Ooh Child
02-01-2010, 02:12 AM
Please don't make threads like this. It is embarassing for Sixers fans

CAVS21
02-01-2010, 03:47 AM
gosh i hate the cavs, takign advantage of rebuilding teams and offering expirings for igoudala.. like wth.

:facepalm: ummm since you apparently never played a sport in your life I'll let you know that you do anything and everything to win championships PERIOD

JJ_JKidd
02-01-2010, 03:47 AM
Please,, no matter how good Bron is,,, every team needs a decent BIG to win it all. To name a few:

Pau Gasol
KG
Duncan
Shaq
Ben Wallace
Hakeem

Cept for MJ. Well hes the GOAT

CAVS21
02-01-2010, 03:49 AM
Lebron is not a good perimiter defender, Iggy is though, I dont know if I would say it would keep him there, especialy if he wants to play with Bosh post 2010, which there have been rumors.

hmmm really? beacause I'm pretty sure he was 1st team NBA all defensive team last year.....but I guess that means he isn't much of a defender:facepalm:

LA_Raiders
02-01-2010, 04:34 AM
Nope, LeBroom loves NY, he will end up there regardless...

ARMIN12NBA
02-01-2010, 05:24 AM
Please,, no matter how good Bron is,,, every team needs a decent BIG to win it all. To name a few:

Pau Gasol
KG
Duncan
Shaq
Ben Wallace
Hakeem

Cept for MJ. Well hes the GOAT

Rodman and Horace Grant weren't decent bigs? :laugh2:

JJ_JKidd
02-01-2010, 05:35 AM
Rodman and Horace Grant weren't decent bigs? :laugh2:

No they arent. Luc Longley is :p

JayW_1023
02-01-2010, 06:14 AM
LeBron will stay in Cleveland regardless. I believe he'll stay put. Mike D'Antoni isn't a great defensive coach , and LeBron has valued defense alot the past two years.

Hawkeye15
02-01-2010, 11:06 AM

this is kind of what I was getting at. Iggy, statistically, is very similar to Pippen. The only difference is Iggy needs to do it on a bigger stage, ie, the finals. THat is the only thing that seperates Pippen and Iggy really. Pippen was overrated imo, and I have always said that on these boards. He was a very good defensive player, not a top 5 of all time as many have made claims here, but a very good defender. Many Laker fans can't get the 1991 finals job he did on Magic out of their heads, so they figure he has to be a defensive genius if he gave Magic problems for 4 games.
Iggy would be great next to LeBron. Anyone who can take some of the load off on both sides of the floor would be. THat is what Pippen was.

Hawkeye15
02-01-2010, 11:08 AM

team success. Pippen was able to showcase his skills in the finals, Iggy only on local Philly sports stations. They are very similar in all reality. Pippen's defense is and has been overrated. He was a top defender in the league of an on, but him being called a top 5-10 defender ever is ridiculous.

Pierzynski4Prez
02-01-2010, 11:30 AM
team success. Pippen was able to showcase his skills in the finals, Iggy only on local Philly sports stations. They are very similar in all reality. Pippen's defense is and has been overrated. He was a top defender in the league of an on, but him being called a top 5-10 defender ever is ridiculous.

If Iggy's D was anywhere close to Pip's, Philly wouldn't suck so bad. Pip led his MJ-less team to a 55 win season, with a supporting cast of B.J armstrong, Steve Kerr, Bill Wennington, Grant, Toni Kukoc, and Pete ****in Meyers. Hell, they should have been in the ECF's if not for one of the top 3 worst Ref calls in NBA history.

To compare Iggy anywhere near Pippen is a complete joke. Especially trying to base it off stats and playing in the spotlight. Iggy's best season is around like 20,5, 5. Pippen averaged over 20 while playing with a guy who averaged 30. Without MJ, he was 22, 9 rpg, 6 apg, and 3 spg. Oh yeah, don't forget about the 10 All-Defensive teams (8 1st team) he was on, as well as the 7 All-NBA teams (3 on 1st team, 2 on 2nd team, 2 on 3rd team.

What has Iggy done besides be on the All-Rookie team his rookie year?

Ty Fast
02-01-2010, 11:39 AM
This is interesting. By all accounts, Iggy is as good of a player statistically as Pippen was. Pippen enjoyed great success as a team player however. They are kind of similar really. I would imagine if Iggy were on a contender, especially one that won a ring, he would be considered a top 10 player easily.
And yes, I think Iggy would be enough to put Cleveland over the top.

i dont think iggy would be top 10, or if it would put them over, but it would be a hell of an upgrade and their chances would go up a lot.

Hawkeye15
02-01-2010, 11:41 AM
the defensive teams, all nba teams, etc come from team success as much as individual stats, you should know that. I am simply saying, their numbers are very similar. And even without MJ, Pippen had plenty of help, and Phil Jackson.
I have debated for a long time that Pippen was overrated, and when they re-do the top 50 list, he should be left out. So maybe I am not saying Iggy is that great, I am simply saying, Pippen was not as good as advertised. They are similar in all regards other than team success. Their efficiency ratings are on par. I didn't bother looking at the Bulls pace from that era to give you Pip's actual stats, but it doesn't matter.

Pierzynski4Prez
02-01-2010, 11:50 AM
the defensive teams, all nba teams, etc come from team success as much as individual stats, you should know that. I am simply saying, their numbers are very similar. And even without MJ, Pippen had plenty of help, and Phil Jackson.
I have debated for a long time that Pippen was overrated, and when they re-do the top 50 list, he should be left out. So maybe I am not saying Iggy is that great, I am simply saying, Pippen was not as good as advertised. They are similar in all regards other than team success. Their efficiency ratings are on par. I didn't bother looking at the Bulls pace from that era to give you Pip's actual stats, but it doesn't matter.

How do those awards come from team success? They are individual awards. They don't give him All Defensive 1st team because he played with MJ and won 70 games, its because he could lock down anyone on any night, hence them winning 70 games.

I have no problem with you thinking Pippen is overrated. That's your opinion. I just feel he way too good that to compare someone like Iggy, who has yet to make an All-star team, is ridiculous. Comparing numbers of players on 2 different teams in 2 different eras means jack****. Iggy has been the #1 option on the sixers since he got to that team. Pip was the #1 option for 1.5 seasons, and we saw what he could do without MJ.

I got no problem saying you can't have your opinion about Pippen though, if thats what you think, by all means, keep telling yourself that about Pip. Maybe that's why you seem to always have to go arguing with people about it like you said you do.

Hawkeye15
02-01-2010, 11:55 AM
Take away the players names and accolades, and team success, and put them next to each other on paper. I am simply saying, team success generated what many peoples perceptions of Pippen are. You can't deny that. He would have just been another 23/6/6 wing if he were lead dog on a team that never threatened. But he had monster help.
ANd you are highly overrating his defense. Go back over the last 5 years of 1st team all defense, and you will see either players from the best teams, or a player like Camby, or AK, who had ridiculous stats that put them there, despite neither of them being that good defensively.

ldc62
02-01-2010, 12:04 PM
You do realize Pippen was a great player... Iggy is just a good, but overpriced player.

Hawkeye15
02-01-2010, 12:11 PM
You do realize Pippen was a great player... Iggy is just a good, but overpriced player.

Pippen was a very good player. But the notion he was a superstar always bothered me. ANd I still say, take away Pippen, and put him on the Jazz, or the Sonics, or wherever he wouldn't have won a ring. Would anyone really back him up like they do now? His individual ranking and stature have more to do with team success than any other player I can think of, outside maybe Worthy or McHale, who are still behind him in that regard I think

Pierzynski4Prez
02-01-2010, 12:14 PM
Take away the players names and accolades, and team success, and put them next to each other on paper. I am simply saying, team success generated what many peoples perceptions of Pippen are. You can't deny that. He would have just been another 23/6/6 wing if he were lead dog on a team that never threatened. But he had monster help.
ANd you are highly overrating his defense. Go back over the last 5 years of 1st team all defense, and you will see either players from the best teams, or a player like Camby, or AK, who had ridiculous stats that put them there, despite neither of them being that good defensively.

How in the world is rating someone on Paper supposed to merit anything? Games are not played on paper. I just don't see any logic here in your argument, except that based on paper, Pippen was ineffective. All the people who voted him into the top 50 players, gave him 10 All Defense awards, were wrong because they didn't make their votes based off paper?

Hawkeye15
02-01-2010, 12:16 PM
I am not debating his awards. I am saying, he is the definition of having his career ranked on his team's success.
I started a Pippen thread, we can take it there brother. Peace!

Pierzynski4Prez
02-01-2010, 12:20 PM
Pippen was a very good player. But the notion he was a superstar always bothered me. ANd I still say, take away Pippen, and put him on the Jazz, or the Sonics, or wherever he wouldn't have won a ring. Would anyone really back him up like they do now? His individual ranking and stature have more to do with team success than any other player I can think of, outside maybe Worthy or McHale, who are still behind him in that regard I think

Do you know anything of the 93-94 NBA Season?

55 wins, 2nd round, he lost in 7 games to the Knicks, who went to the finals. In case you also didn't know, but Bulls lost game 5 with one of the worst officiating calls in NBA history. As Pippen defending a buzzer beating shot, the refs didn't call a foul until the shot had already missed (look it up on youtube if you want), then the whistle came awarding free throws that ended it. Had the Bulls won that, they would have been up 3-2 going home for game 6, which they won. And by the way, the Knicks went on to the finals that year, and only lost to Houston in 7 games. I think Pippen did fairly good on his own, with a terrible supporting cast around him. Again, Steve Kerr, BJ Armstrong, Horace Grant, Bill Wennington, and Toni Kukoc's rookie year. Put him with Stockton and the Mailman, and you have one of the best teams ever.

Hawkeye15
02-01-2010, 12:23 PM
I graduated high school in 1994, I was watching that whole series. My debate is Pippen is not a superstar. He was simply another great player, who instead of playing on a team that didn't win a ring (Reggie, Payton, etc), he played on a team with MJ.

Pierzynski4Prez
02-01-2010, 12:30 PM
this thread is about Andre Iguodala. Debate whether he is good enough to even keep his team near .500 for his entire career (think .500 was their best year, whopping 16-31 this year). Dont' compare him to a guy voted as a top 50 all time player, regardless of your opinion about him.

Edit: my bad, philly won 43 in Iggy's rookie year, while they still had AI. Iggy only averaged 9 ppg.

amoore87
02-01-2010, 12:39 PM
ive seen all of the 6ers vs cavs games and i kno for a fact bron doesnt like iggy for w.e reason

Tmac,lt,berkman
02-01-2010, 12:53 PM
iggy is gonna go to houston if anywhere and i dont think lebron likes iggy anyway

kobebabe
02-01-2010, 01:12 PM
Iggy like Scottie???? Thats a big joke and crazy. He ain't even close to been lke Scottie. ple must have forgot who scottie was.......

No way he get traded to cleveland. He would be forced to play SG and the dude can't flat out shoot!!

td0tsfinest
02-01-2010, 03:49 PM
I think people are being a little uptight about this.

No one is saying Iggy is as good as Pippen was. But he could be the perfect compliment to Lebron. I never liked Mo Will as Lebron's second fiddle and Shaq definitely doesn't have it in him any more.

Double_R
02-01-2010, 04:10 PM
I hope the Cavs get him, so they can have no money at all for the next 4 years if they resign Lebron and get him. They aren't going to be some dominant duo, they play the same position, that never works... If they do get him and it doesn't work... Good bye Lebron, hello AI for the next 4 years

Mr.G
02-01-2010, 04:21 PM
Only LeBron can keep LeBron in Cleveland - BUT I think the Cavs should be trying to get Iggy because this is the last big expiring contract (BIG Z) we have to get a good young player to team up with James for the foreseeable future.We can't keep signing older players and expect to remain elite even if James does stay.