PDA

View Full Version : Chris Bosh In No Rush To Leave Toronto

Jays Claw
01-30-2010, 02:28 PM
TORONTO -- There is one person pretty sure Chris Bosh won't be playing for any team other than the Toronto Raptors after the February 18th NBA trade deadline: Chris Bosh.

The Raptors had the day off yesterday after their 106-104 win over the New York Knicks last Thursday, the team's fourth in a row. They have a chance to extend that streak to five on Sunday at the Air Canada Centre against the Indiana Pacers.

But the NBA rumour mill never stops. Before Bosh left for New York, the Raptors' all-star forward was asked if he expected to be traded. He said simply: “I doubt it.”

Asked if he wanted to be dealt, the pending free agent was more emphatic. “No, no, no, no,” he said.

Told of Bosh's comments, team president Bryan Colangelo said he wasn't surprised, adding his position regarding his team's most valuable player hasn't varied. “I have no intention to move him and have absolutely every intention to keep him long term,” he said.

Colangelo added he expects Raptors owner Maple Leafs Sports and Entertainment Ltd. is prepared to become a tax team if it's required to maintain a competitive position in the NBA's eastern conference.

“They want to win and they're committed,” Colangelo said. “I'll leave it at that.”

The Raptors have a payroll of $67.8 million (U.S) this season. Teams that go over $69.2 million have to pay tax to the league on a dollar for dollar basis. They also forgo the opportunity to receive a refund of sorts from the tax gathered, typically about $5 million.

Next season, the league has projected the luxury tax threshold will come down considerably, as it's based on overall basketball related revenue, which is expected to shrink in the wake of the economic downturn.

On that basis, it's almost certain the Raptors will have to pay some luxury tax as they project to have $63.5 million committed to just nine players in 2010-2011.

The question will be how much tax they're willing to pay. The Raptors have the advantage of being able to offer Bosh more money and more years on his next contract than another team.

If he re-signs with Toronto, he could earn $126 million over six years, compared with $96 million over five seasons elsewhere.

Colangelo has said if Bosh was determined to leave, the general manager would be willing to organize a sign and trade where the Raptors would sign Bosh and then trade his rights to another team. Colangelo is confident his relationship with Bosh is such that if he does want to leave, it will enable the club to get something in return for it's best player.

But as of now, it seems, Bosh is in no rush to get out of town.

Link: http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/basketball/cb4-in-no-rush-to-leave-to/article1450293/

marvILLous
01-30-2010, 02:33 PM
haha i like it but i think ppl are tired of bosh threads

RaptorizedKevin
01-30-2010, 02:34 PM
hopefully people will stop making threads bout trading for bosh. and peopel should stop throwing garbage one sided trades for bosh, because its very annoying .

Jays Claw
01-30-2010, 02:35 PM
^ Agreed.

blams
01-30-2010, 02:44 PM
of course he's in no rush

MaHaRaJaH
01-30-2010, 04:24 PM
Ok, now time to get on Wade's and Bron's jock!

vash9
01-30-2010, 04:24 PM
toooooo many Bosh threads.

it's very obvious he's going to retire after this season. there.

MiamiHeat
01-30-2010, 04:37 PM
yeah of course, he still has to pack up and pick a new house inn Miami before he leaves Toronto. Plus he still has few months to sign with Miami. I wouldn't be in a rush either.

:cool: ;)

Tony_Starks
01-30-2010, 05:04 PM
If Torronto keeps winning and makes a nice lil playoff run this year there's going to be a lot of crying in Chicago and NY this summer!

smith&wesson
01-30-2010, 05:21 PM
this is a good article, and only sums up what ever one has learned about the extra year we can give bosh. also confirms our confidence in resigning bosh. all signs point to him being back and shows that mlse is dedicated to winning.

i have no problem with the thread as long as it has a good article to back it up. if jays claw just made another will bosh resign thread then i would agree with some of you guys. but theres nothing wrong with this thread.

if your tired of talking about it then dont post in it. the truth is with the trade deadline 2weeks away it is now time to talk about this free agency class and not two years ago lol ....

ldc62
01-30-2010, 05:23 PM
Why don't people stop with the Lebron, Wade, Bosh threads and start doing some for Amare or Gay...

vitamins_
01-30-2010, 05:27 PM
toooooo many Bosh threads.

it's very obvious he's going to retire after this season. there.

hahahahhahahaahahaha thats funny. I hope bosh stays in toronto and we get hedo playing like he did against new york

smith&wesson
01-30-2010, 05:30 PM
Why don't people stop with the Lebron, Wade, Bosh threads and start doing some for Amare or Gay...

Amare = over rated

gay = inconsistant and wants too much money.

but if you make a thread ill re post this in there lol ..

smith&wesson
01-30-2010, 05:43 PM
If Torronto keeps winning and makes a nice lil playoff run this year there's going to be a lot of crying in Chicago and NY this summer!

and miami too..

Afridi786
01-30-2010, 07:41 PM

Not really, we'll get somebody just as good...maybe someone better.

DodgerBulls
01-31-2010, 08:40 PM
well until they fall behind the 8th spot before the break.

clutchski
01-31-2010, 08:56 PM

HAHA! Funniest comment I've heard all night. Are you talking about the Raps or the Bulls? Have you seen out schedule? There's more of a chance we break our franchise win streak record than go below .500

jimbobjarree
01-31-2010, 09:17 PM
yawn on the bosh threads. Isnt there a Raptors forum anymore?

uncleben989
01-31-2010, 09:26 PM

or until he ties shoes during a bulls game:D

uncleben989
01-31-2010, 09:27 PM

i guess theres so many bosh threads cause of so many stupid american media outlets with stupid articles like that Garcia one of him of "what if he was in OKC" or others i can list

clutchski
01-31-2010, 09:28 PM

There is and it's really popular, how about you come post in it?

jimbobjarree
01-31-2010, 09:35 PM
Cus when Pops isnt on the Raptors they are of no interest to me :p

also **** the yidos, come on the Chels

nipo10847
01-31-2010, 09:56 PM
How about we let this guy play and wait to appreciate him on whatever decision he makes in the offseason?? This is really too much. Too many bosh threads! Forum mods are too lazy, they should put them all together now.

clutchski
01-31-2010, 10:11 PM
Hey as long as you're no gooner I'm happy :D :D :D

Just keep buying your way to a championship :D

jimbobjarree
01-31-2010, 10:41 PM
haha you can talk, we havnt spent anything all year, you must have outspent us in the last 3 or 4 years easy, but yes the championship is so ours at ****ing last...I hope :pray:

uncleben989
01-31-2010, 10:53 PM
Hey as long as you're no gooner I'm happy :D :D :D

Just keep buying your way to a championship :D

what a sad day it is to be an arsenal fan :facepalm:

jimbobjarree
01-31-2010, 10:55 PM
haha yeah shame man, I live in manchester, and being a Chelsea fan I hate it when they win. Still, to let Nani rape you like that, embarassing

td0tsfinest
01-31-2010, 11:01 PM

I was gonna say the same thing.

Maybe we just open up a Bosh mini-forum.

clutchski
01-31-2010, 11:06 PM
haha you can talk, we havnt spent anything all year, you must have outspent us in the last 3 or 4 years easy, but yes the championship is so ours at ****ing last...I hope :pray:

Okay I hear ya, minus the championship part; despite your lead in the table.

what a sad day it is to be an arsenal fan :facepalm:

Great 100th goal for Rooney.

jimbobjarree
01-31-2010, 11:11 PM
chelsea-arsenal next weekend, gunna be huge!

uncleben989
02-01-2010, 03:16 AM
is it at stamford bridge or emirates?

and if Man U wins the epl again this year, ill be sick to my stomach:facepalm:
hopefully wenger and my boys pull this one out

GodsSon
02-01-2010, 02:05 PM
GO PORTSMOUTH! lol...I haven't been watching much EPL at all this year, how has Nani been doing?

jimbobjarree
02-01-2010, 04:05 PM
is it at stamford bridge or emirates?

and if Man U wins the epl again this year, ill be sick to my stomach:facepalm:
hopefully wenger and my boys pull this one out

its at the Bridge, the day Chelsea go 11 points clear of Arsenal!

clutchski
02-01-2010, 04:13 PM
GO PORTSMOUTH! lol...I haven't been watching much EPL at all this year, how has Nani been doing?

booooooooooooo!

Nani had a great goal against the Gooners this past weekend, some say Ronaldo-esque

clutchski
02-01-2010, 04:14 PM
its at the Bridge, the day Chelsea go 11 points clear of Arsenal!

The one time I hope Chelsea wins :clap::D