PDA

View Full Version : Iverson a starter is a discrace!!!!

Mobsterkel
01-30-2010, 05:39 AM
Allen Iverson being a starter on the east is a descrace why the hell did people vote him in, It's all about ratings and i think that alone is why he got in people don't even watch him play this year and yet they see his name and vote, its absurd to think he should be there he snubbed memphis and since he left he did them a favor and thats why they are winning. don't get me wrong i think iverson was one the best scores but i say "was" not even close to almost any starting guard this year. I really laughed when I saw he was a starter. it's a joke but I guess thats the way the nba operates and it shows how bad the east conf is. oh well.

Zefflin
01-30-2010, 05:42 AM
The Eastern Conference is almost as bad as that old news paragraph of yours.

JJ_JKidd
01-30-2010, 06:05 AM
Whats descrace?

broncofangene
01-30-2010, 06:22 AM
I hate iverson

BradyIsTheMan12
01-30-2010, 06:36 AM
The Eastern Conference is almost as bad as that old news paragraph of yours.

Was just going to say that, it has been discussed plenty about all all star games and their flaws, we know they suck!

NYKnickFanatic
01-30-2010, 09:38 AM
How many threads are we going to have about Iverson starting? Seriously...

3RDASYSTEM
01-30-2010, 09:53 AM
YEA it is a disgrace just like the previous yrs from others just like him, i kno he's ''GREAT'' and has been responsible for everything from making TATTS/BRAIDS to the ARM SLEEVE cool, but we might as well let hiim carry the cross for this also, like this is the first time this has happened in NBA history,get the hell out of here...im callin yall fair weather cuz obviously yall came on the boat late and start watchin ball when LEBRON entered league...it will happen to KOBE just like it has happened to KG/DUNCAN and almost TMAC(Thanx CHINA/YAO) and previous NBA STARS before,when yall start watchin NBA in 05?....but since AI never wanted to conform to media hype n bulls@#t they wanna destroy him now for having a bad season after 13...trust me if yall waitin on him to fall off like ya think he has....keep waitin.... trust me AI had numbers his first 2/3 yrs to make ALL STAR and didnt so its a cycle for everyone not named SHAQ/LEBRON/DUNCAN...even KOBE got in after 2nd full season

Mrphilly
01-30-2010, 10:14 AM
Allen Iverson being a starter on the east is a descrace why the hell did people vote him in, It's all about ratings and i think that alone is why he got in people don't even watch him play this year and yet they see his name and vote, its absurd to think he should be there he snubbed memphis and since he left he did them a favor and thats why they are winning. don't get me wrong i think iverson was one the best scores but i say "was" not even close to almost any starting guard this year. I really laughed when I saw he was a starter. it's a joke but I guess thats the way the nba operates and it shows how bad the east conf is. oh well.

First of all, stop crying. The Nba asked the fans who they want to see and that's who they picked. Do you not know how this works. Instead of crying, you should have voted more.

Secondly, he only played a handful of games with Memphis. So your "they got better after he left" argument is a discrace.

As long as AI is in the NBA he will be a ALL Star Starter... deal with it.

MrFastBreak
01-30-2010, 10:20 AM
Its disgrace and get over it already. Hes just one of the games most popular/loved players

SpectrumDweller
01-30-2010, 10:36 AM
The fans wanted to see Iverson. The fans voted for Iverson. OK, he might not be having the greatest season of his career, but he's still averaging 15 ppg, 4 apg. While these are not great numbers, he's proven to be an effective player for the Sixers. He is, pound for pound, one of the greatest most dynamic players in the history of the game, and he always puts on a show in the all-star game. Fans are voting for the right to see Iverson turn back the clock for 20 minutes and show flashes of why he is one of the most exciting players in NBA history. Sit back and enjoy.

tjlipford
01-30-2010, 10:49 AM
If people feel that way about AI it is just personal hate. His numbers are down and the reserve guards have better stats but I could have swore that the fans voted him in. Its been this way every year. Its what the fans want to see.

Also if we talk about people in the all star game and starting you have to feel the same way about KG. His numbers are sub par numbers and he also averages 14 points. Its funny because when they announced the all star game the people on TNT said KG is a lock. How is he a lock but not AI then? LOL. People just hate on AI regardless and they have been doing it his whole career. If I was him I would play in every All Star game I was voted in to and would not feel sorry for nobody. The fans want to see him.

Also all these teams acting like they have better point guards and didnt want to sign him, I check the stats from these point guards and he is still better at 34 and not really playing in the last year. How is AI a disgrace when he generates hell of revenue for Stern and the NBA. He is one of the most popular players ever.

Giantwarrior
01-30-2010, 11:18 AM
its not a disgrace. the allstar game is exactly what it is, a Fans game. the fans voted AI in because they like him and want to see him play. ITS THAT SIMPLE. the allstar game has no merit because of the fans vote.

All NBA Team has credit. Allstar game does not.

macc
01-30-2010, 11:18 AM
First off, why do people hate on Iverson for it? Its the fans that vote him in. Not him, himself. So all this hating on Iverson. I don't get it.

Why do fans vote him in? Because hes busted his *** his entire career and put his own stamp on the NBA. People recognize that and recognize him. That's why he is in the All Star game every year. Besides I would rather watch Iverson play than David Lee. As most people, hense the reason he's voted in. Hate it all you want. It is what it is.

Knickrocketsfan
01-30-2010, 11:24 AM

only comment is its disgrace not discrace or descrace:facepalm::pity:

runforrestrunx9
01-30-2010, 11:31 AM
o boy what a thread

Alwaysballin247
01-30-2010, 11:34 AM
Iverson played pretty well the other night trying to go basket for basket with Kobe....The all-star game is for the fans so i don't have a problem with it but I def did not vote for iverson but I think the allstar game should have more meaning and have the coaches pick 10 players they want and the fans can pick the last 2 to make the team or something like that...I say winner gets homecourt for the finals

goose15
01-30-2010, 11:37 AM
Should have been Lee's spot

slapnutz69
01-30-2010, 12:01 PM
its a joke that he's there and actually gonna go the dumb **** taking that spot away from a guy like david lee or josh smith for the first time in their careers....he's hardly even played this year and seems to have made the already terrible 6ers even worse, A.I = most selfish player in nba history

iHop
01-30-2010, 12:06 PM
13 years later, and people are still hating on Iverson.

AIsixersFK
01-30-2010, 12:17 PM
:horse: that pretty much sums up this thread

td0tsfinest
01-30-2010, 12:19 PM
what else is new

Wilson
01-30-2010, 12:22 PM
Sorry guys, we've had a number of threads about this and it's not really worth having another. Plus, half the replies to this have been about grammar rather than basketball, I don't think this one is going to take us anywhere we've not already been before.