PDA

View Full Version : 2012 USA Basketball Team in London

JJ_JKidd
01-29-2010, 10:07 PM
Who do you think is gonna constitute the team? I know its kinda early but im feeling a bit patriotic right now. I feel:

DWill/CP3
Kobe/Wade
Melo/
LBJ
DHoward

Practically the same. Im still undecided on the others. Obviously my man JKidds surely just gonna be gone by then.

Slimsim
01-29-2010, 10:14 PM
Rondo/Rose
Wade/Roy
Durant/Carmelo
Bosh/Lee
Bynum/lopez

I don't think Kobe would go depends but if Kobe don't go Neither would LBJ.

RadiantShot
01-29-2010, 10:16 PM
Rondo/Rose
Wade/Roy
Durant/Carmelo
Bosh/Lee
Bynum/lopez

Never again mention Bynum on that team.

JJ_JKidd
01-29-2010, 10:17 PM
Rondo/Rose
Wade/Roy
Durant/Carmelo
Bosh/Lee
Bynum/lopez

Is this the second unit?

Becks2307
01-29-2010, 10:21 PM
PG - CP3/D will
SG - Wade/ Roy
SF Melo/Durant
PF Bron Bron/ Bosh
C Howard / Lopez

ChiSox219
01-29-2010, 10:26 PM
CP3/Deron/Rose
Roy/Wade
Carmelo/Durant
Lebron/Bosh
Dwight/Oden

I'm leaving the last spot open for either a shooter/lockdown perimeter defender/or star that has yet to rise

Wilson
01-29-2010, 10:29 PM
I'd expect Brandon Roy to be playing a big role, Kobe Bryant and Dwyane Wade might both be on the decline by then.

With the growth Carmelo Anthony has shown since the '08 Olympics and the Chauncey trade, he might be one of the captains. Should be interesting to keep an eye on.

On a side note, if everything goes to plan I might be able to attend some of the '12 games :up: :up: :dance2: It is a bit of a long shot though...:p

td0tsfinest
01-29-2010, 10:30 PM
PG - CP3/D will
SG - Wade/ Roy
SF Melo/Durant
PF Bron Bron/ Bosh
C Howard / Lopez

sounds about right.

JJ_JKidd
01-29-2010, 10:35 PM
I'd expect Brandon Roy to be playing a big role, Kobe Bryant and Dwyane Wade might both be on the decline by then.

With the growth Carmelo Anthony has shown since the '08 Olympics and the Chauncey trade, he might be one of the captains. Should be interesting to keep an eye on.

On a side note, if everything goes to plan I might be able to attend some of the '12 games :up: :up: :dance2: It is a bit of a long shot though...:p

So Wade has like 2 years and hes on the decline? I dont think so. Anyway, hope u could watch the games.

Wilson
01-29-2010, 10:43 PM
So Wade has like 2 years and hes on the decline? I dont think so. Anyway, hope u could watch the games.

It's possible. With the amount of falls he's taken over his career so far combined with the fact he'll be 30 by then, he could well be on the decline. I hope he stays strong because he's fantastic to watch, but I'm just saying it's possible.

And thankyou :hi5: :D

35th&Shields
01-29-2010, 10:44 PM
I imagine a lot of the guys previously mentioned that may choose to not play will have to think very hard if Coach K is back. Kobe, for example, has a man crush on that guy.

Wilson
01-29-2010, 10:47 PM
I imagine a lot of the guys previously mentioned that may choose to not play will have to think very hard if Coach K is back. Kobe, for example, has a man crush on that guy.

Haha, he does. I remember a few years ago when Phil Jackson retired (for what turned out to be a year :laugh2:), Kobe was really pulling hard for Coach K.

Tom2634
01-29-2010, 10:56 PM
I didn't like the way D-Will played on the 2008 team. It just seemed like he was trying to prove something and trying to do too much. Don't get me wrong I like him as a player but it seemed like he had a chip on his shoulder playing behind Kidd and CP3. I wouldn't mind seeing Rondo on the team, and I hope we add an extra defensive center/shot blocker to back up dwight, I felt that was a big oversight last time. I know they brought Tyson Chandler along as an alternate, and I thought he should have dressed over Redd, Boozer, or Prince, who all saw limited minutes. Like JKidd said its a little early to be speculating, especially when we don't know who'll return.

bostncelts34
01-29-2010, 11:06 PM

why in the world would Wade be on the decline in 12'? do you watch basketball? lol

Wilson
01-29-2010, 11:08 PM
why in the world would Wade be on the decline in 12'? do you watch basketball? lol

See above, post #10...

Raps18-19 Champ
01-29-2010, 11:08 PM
C-Dwight, Bosh, (Big man)
PF-James, Carmelo
SF-Durant, Roy
SG-Kobe, Wade, Mayo
PG-Paul, Williams

Raph12
01-29-2010, 11:31 PM
PG - Chris Paul/Deron Williams/Derrick Rose
SG - Kobe Bryant/Dwyane Wade/Brandon Roy
SF - Carmelo Anthony/Kevin Durant
PF - Lebron James/Chris Bosh
C - Dwight Howard/Brook Lopez

Philly Hammer
01-30-2010, 01:25 AM
C Howard/Lopez
PF Bosh/Aldridge
SF Lebron/Durant/Granger
SG Wade/Roy/
PG Williams/Rose/Paul

Raph12
01-30-2010, 01:37 AM
C Howard/Lopez
PF Bosh/Aldridge
SF Lebron/Durant/Granger
SG Wade/Roy/
PG Williams/Rose/Paul

I'd take Melo over Granger.

Philly Hammer
01-30-2010, 01:44 AM
I'd take Melo over Granger.Everyone has their opinion I still will take Granger

cameroncrazies2
01-30-2010, 03:07 AM
G-Paul, Deron Williams, Rondo, Wade, Kobe
F-Lebron, Carmelo, Durant, Granger
Bigs-Dwight Howard, Bosh

For the 11th spot, I'd say David Lee, Kevin Love, Amare, Lopez.

And I'm not so sure Kobe is going to commit to the next olympics.

MU and UW Fan
01-30-2010, 04:19 AM
G-Paul, Deron Williams, Rondo, Wade, Kobe
F-Lebron, Carmelo, Durant, Granger
Bigs-Dwight Howard, Bosh

For the 11th spot, I'd say David Lee, Kevin Love, Amare, Lopez.

And I'm not so sure Kobe is going to commit to the next olympics.

Kevin Love? Are you kidding me?

Wilson
01-30-2010, 12:41 PM
Kevin Love? Are you kidding me?

He's averging 11.9 rebounds in just his second NBA season, and in about 30 minutes per game. He's a good player, he'd fit perfectly on an Olympic team.

ChiSox219
01-30-2010, 12:56 PM
If US wins any game by less than 20 points, I'd considered the team a disappointment

coloradobuff
01-30-2010, 01:00 PM
Should be billups over williams..one more chance at gold for mr clutch

alencp3
01-31-2010, 02:25 PM
CP3/Deron/Rose
Roy/Wade
Carmelo/Durant
Lebron/Bosh
Dwight/Oden

I'm leaving the last spot open for either a shooter/lockdown perimeter defender/or star that has yet to rise

CP3/Wall/Rose
Roy/Wade/Tyreke
LBJ/Durant
Griffin/Bosh
Dwight/Oden

ko8e24
01-31-2010, 02:43 PM
CP3/Wall/Rose
Roy/Wade/Tyreke
LBJ/Durant
Griffin/Bosh
Dwight/Oden

Very cool...

now, do any of those perimeter players like CP3/Wall(hell, we haven't even seen this kid on an nba court), Rose, ROy, Wade, Evans, LBJ and Durant...

do they know how to play international perimeter defenses. You know you can do hand-checking, but are any of those guys crafty enough to get away with certain things to help their team defensively????

No. There is no veteran in the backcourt or at the SF position. You need some defenders. I would say Billups, but he's gonna be very ineffective in 2 yrs. Kobe will decline offensively, but those guys can take care of the offensive load, and he can just concentrate on defense and being big for his team in the 4th.

And of all the point guards listed, you don't even mention probably the strongest, young, good defensive point guard in the league today in Deron Williams. he can body people up and slow the opposing guard's dribble penetration.

So yea, Team USA aint goin nowhere with that offensive-minded ball club. no defense out on the perimeter, and big guys like Howard, Oden and Griffin will have to protect the pain on every possession, and if that happens, then the most likely that our Bigs get into foul trouble.

It all starts with perimeter defense! The two best would be Kobe, D-Will, and D-Wade right behind them. Those are the 3 guys I'm extremely confident in their perimeter defense with the FIBA international rules.

MiamiHeat
01-31-2010, 02:49 PM
cp3
wade
lebron
melo
dwight

heatking
01-31-2010, 02:51 PM
cp3/dwill/rose
wade/kobe/roy
lebron/durant/melo
bosh/beasley/love
howard/lopez/bynum

ko8e24
01-31-2010, 02:57 PM
cp3
wade
lebron
melo
dwight

yup, those guys will play every minute. They don't need a bench, they're just so damn good in international play :rolleyes:

MiamiHeat
01-31-2010, 03:07 PM
yup, those guys will play every minute. They don't need a bench, they're just so damn good in international play :rolleyes:

hey man I was just posting up the starters

sorry if you wanted the whole team. :(

kjoke
01-31-2010, 03:10 PM
wall
wall
wall
wall
wall

StrandedCub
01-31-2010, 03:10 PM
For some of you who have Melo on the team but not starting... I can tell you that will not happen. Even if you think Durant is better than Melo, which I don't, no way would they actually start Durant over him even if just for the experience/respect factor. But Melo probably plays the international game better than everybody else on the team. No way he comes off the bench

kjoke
01-31-2010, 03:11 PM
For some of you who have Melo on the team but not starting... I can tell you that will not happen. Even if you think Durant is better than Melo, which I don't, no way would they actually start Durant over him even if just for the experience/respect factor. But Melo probably play the international game better than everybody else on the team. No way he comes off the bench

+1 no way durant starts over melo, its respect

Hawkeye15
01-31-2010, 03:13 PM
Paul/Williams/Wall
Wade/Durant/Roy
LeBron/Melo
Bosh/Love
Howard/Lopez

I have Love for 2 reasons. I am going homer, haha, and he fits the international game like a glove. Great rebounder, great passer, good shooting big man. He is built for the international game
The rest are sorta obvious

Hawkeye15
01-31-2010, 03:14 PM
and I would agree Melo may start, and probably should, he is a great scorer with international rules. LeBron could start at PF

Lakersfan2483
01-31-2010, 03:24 PM
PG's- Chris Paul, Deron Williams, Derrick Rose
SG's- Kobe Bryant, Dwayne Wade, Brandon Roy
SF's- Carmelo Anthony, Kevin Durant
PF's- Chris Bosh, Lebron James
C's- Dwight Howard, Andrew Bynum

*Kobe may or not compete, just depends on his health as he is past 30 now.

HammerHead1
01-31-2010, 04:39 PM
Well, in my own view, I dont think Kobe went for that Gold Medal, well, it wasnt his primary objective at least...

ThornMo
01-31-2010, 05:06 PM
if either kevin love, michael beasley, or derrick rose make the team over GERALD WALLACE i'd be disappointed. Gerald is one of the hardest workers in the NBA and would be great coming off the bench for team USA. He rebounds, blocks, steals, takes it to the rim, and is always on the foul line. doubt he'd make it, but he should... my team looks like:
Paul, Wade, Rondo
Kobe, Roy
Melo, Durant
Lebron, Bosh, G. Wallace
Howard, Lopez

J_M_B
01-31-2010, 05:33 PM
Chris Paul/Deron Williams
Dwyane Wade/Brandon Roy
Carmelo Anthony/Kevin Durant
LeBron James/Chris Bosh
Dwight Howard/Brook Lopez

They'll probably add another perimeter defender and 3pt shooter to round up the roster.
Some what like how Tayshaun Prince and Michael Redd were in '08.