PDA

View Full Version : Lakers make trade inquiry on Devin Harris

Wade_County
01-29-2010, 01:17 AM
The Lakers have made an inquiry into trading for the Nets' Devin Harris, according to ESPN's Ric Bucher.

This is far from a done deal at this point, but it's also not your garden variety rumor. There should be a good amount of buzz about this in the next few days, and it's fair to say a move to L.A. would hurt Harris' value.

Source: ESPN (http://espn.go.com/blog/los-angeles/lakers/post/_/id/1716/devin-harris-to-the-lakers-good-idea-or-not) - Rotoworld (http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NBA&hl=128191&id=1045)

effen5
01-29-2010, 01:18 AM
What exactly would the Lakers offer?

DCB/LAL
01-29-2010, 01:20 AM

Probably Farmar, Morrison and Powell? maybe

Wade_County
01-29-2010, 01:23 AM

i was wondering the same thing when i heard this. If they got Harris they would be crazy IMO. Talk about past,present and future allstars in your starting lineup.

still1ballin
01-29-2010, 01:23 AM

Garbage most likely

Wade_County
01-29-2010, 01:25 AM
Garbage most likely

that would fit right in on the nets.

effen5
01-29-2010, 01:28 AM
Probably Farmar, Morrison and Powell? maybe

So the same thing they were offering for Hinrich....Could you imagine how much money NJ would have to spend next year if they decided to do this trade?

still1ballin
01-29-2010, 01:30 AM

Yeap, pretty much

DCB/LAL
01-29-2010, 01:32 AM
So the same thing they were offering for Hinrich....Could you imagine how much money NJ would have to spend next year if they decided to do this trade?

Yeah that'd be the only reason NJ would do this. Even though Harris isn't shooting a very high % this season below 38% that might be because he plays with the NETS though playing with Kobe and Gasol etc... would make the game easier on him IMO.

vash9
01-29-2010, 01:35 AM
This is already a stomped Rumor long ago.

The Nets' office have already decided Harris will NOT be going anywhere until maybe after the Draft.

Wade_County
01-29-2010, 01:37 AM
i know hes have a so so year but, PG is the hardest to fill. And harris contract isnt that bad:

2009/10: $8,400,000, 2010/11: $8,981,000, 2011/12: $9,319,000, 2012/13: $8,500,000

Even if they kept Harris, wouldnt the nets still have enough money to offer a max contract to someone?

GodsSon
01-29-2010, 01:37 AM

The Nets' office have already decided Harris will NOT be going anywhere until maybe after the Draft.

Welcome to the feeling Raptors fans have regarding Bosh rumours lol

kblo247
01-29-2010, 01:39 AM
i know hes have a so so year but, PG is the hardest to fill. And harris contract isnt that bad:

2009/10: $8,400,000, 2010/11: $8,981,000, 2011/12: $9,319,000, 2012/13: $8,500,000

Even if they kept Harris, wouldnt the nets still have enough money to offer a max contract to someone?

They would be able to offer 2 max deals without him which is what David Aldridge has reported makes them debate it as well as Devin's health.

SACNYY
Damn if this does happen pencil in the repeat for LA

GodsSon

lol

vash9
01-29-2010, 01:41 AM

Yes. Harris is cheap, and he isn't the worst PG in the league. He's having a very off season, but injuries are killing him. His contract isn't huge, his salary is perfect and he's not a player to complain.

The only reason why our office would move him is only landing John Wall. If we land the #1 pick, get Wall, the GM would CONSIDER moving Harris. Other than that, no Wall, Harris stays.

xabial
01-29-2010, 01:48 AM
Their Best trade offer that will most likely get accepted is Bynum, but thats highly unlikely. For all those L A Lakers fans, think about it I heard rumors Bynum is on the trade table/

Wade_County
01-29-2010, 01:49 AM
Damn if this does happen pencil in the repeat for LA

if it doesnt happen i still have the repeat penciled in

Lakers3747
01-29-2010, 01:51 AM
can anyone give me a link to this rumor

Statik1
01-29-2010, 01:52 AM

You can thank Ric Bucher for this...

Wade_County
01-29-2010, 01:52 AM
Yes. Harris is cheap, and he isn't the worst PG in the league. He's having a very off season, but injuries are killing him. His contract isn't huge, his salary is perfect and he's not a player to complain.

The only reason why our office would move him is only landing John Wall. If we land the #1 pick, get Wall, the GM would CONSIDER moving Harris. Other than that, no Wall, Harris stays.

I agree I think Harris is a good PG and i wouldnt trade him:

this summer

Harris
draft pick
Lopez
max player

great team to start with there, IMO.

Wade_County
01-29-2010, 01:54 AM

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NBA&hl=128191&id=1045

Statik1

http://espn.go.com/blog/los-angeles/lakers/post/_/id/1716/devin-harris-to-the-lakers-good-idea-or-not

Rotowold linked it so now everyone in there mother is going to re open the talk on it.....

thedfactor
This seems to be new news, an update from Bucher. Looks like a possibility. Damn. Good luck Lakers.

JNA17
01-29-2010, 01:56 AM
I would go full naked down the street in NYC in 20 or below degrees with people throwing snow balls at me all day if this happened

Lakers3747
01-29-2010, 01:57 AM
pull that **** off mitch

Statik1
01-29-2010, 01:59 AM
I would go full naked down the street in NYC in 20 or below degrees with people throwing snow balls at me all day if this happened

Bookmarking this right now ;)

kblo247
01-29-2010, 02:02 AM
IF, I said IF Mitch pulled this off the NBA needs to do a tox-screen on the other GM as you can't tell me he didn't take him out to dinner and get him full of some trippy **** and told him sign your name on this receipt here, here, and here :p

spreadeagle
01-29-2010, 02:18 AM
He would get WAY more assists in LA

WITZ
01-29-2010, 02:30 AM
Not happening what are the lakers gonna offer farmar,Vujacic....Morrison :laugh:

_KB24_
01-29-2010, 02:40 AM
Wow, if this true............. :speechless:

Sixerlover
01-29-2010, 02:42 AM
I see no reason the Nets even listen to them. It isn't like they are in financial problems and NEED to make a trade.

DCB/LAL
01-29-2010, 02:42 AM
Not happening what are the lakers gonna offer farmar,Vujacic....Morrison :laugh:

I dont think if the Nets do this it'll for someone in return it'll be more of MONEY decision Cap wise for next year the Summer of Lebron.

Who knows with that they may bring Lebron and Wade together? :shrug:

So it could be a HUGE move for them.

ARMIN12NBA
01-29-2010, 03:11 AM

They will be offering CONTRACTS. At this point for the Nets, they are not looking for good players in return because that is simply pointless. They are looking for contracts in return. A Morrison/Farmar package is a set of great contracts.

iggypop123
01-29-2010, 03:48 AM
nets wont do it, but im sure they thought about it. they cant bank on john wall. tanking teams always get screwed over in the lottery. the worst teams never get the first pick except the clips last yr. the hinrich one probably has more legs. they probably want more cap room for a wade dream and they can plug in pargo, since he is rotting on the bench at the moment

Netslunatic76
01-29-2010, 03:58 AM
They will be offering CONTRACTS. At this point for the Nets, they are not looking for good players in return because that is simply pointless. They are looking for contracts in return. A Morrison/Farmar package is a set of great contracts.

Where are you getting this from? The Nets have been rebuilding to compete next year or the year after that. They arent going to trade a talent like Harris for table scraps.

This rumor is like a week old.

ko8e24
01-29-2010, 04:01 AM
Where are you getting this from? The Nets have been rebuilding to compete next year or the year after that. They arent going to trade a talent like Harris for table scraps.

uhhh, click on the link and read the date and time. The rumors came out last wk, but it once again resurfaced a week later.

ARMIN12NBA
01-29-2010, 04:09 AM

Those "table scraps" allow them the ability to sign 2 max contract player. At worst, 1 max contract player and 2 really good players. Is Devin Harris worth losing out on that especially when it is clear that what they have now simply does not work? They need to start from scratch and rebuild with Lopez and their #1 (as well as keep guys like CDR and Lee).

Netslunatic76
01-29-2010, 04:11 AM
uhhh, click on the link and read the date and time. The rumors came out last wk, but it once again resurfaced a week later.

Click what link? There was none given only a source.

Netslunatic76
01-29-2010, 04:14 AM
Those "table scraps" allow them the ability to sign 2 max contract player. At worst, 1 max contract player and 2 really good players. Is Devin Harris worth losing out on that especially when it is clear that what they have now simply does not work? They need to start from scratch and rebuild with Lopez and their #1 (as well as keep guys like CDR and Lee).

The Nets already have enough money to sign a max or 2 good players. They wont get two max players(no boozer, no Bosh, No LBJ, no Dwade). Devin Harris is struggling this year and has been plagued with injuries. That doesn't mean he should be traded especially after the year he had last year. They have already started from scratch by trading Kidd, RJ, and VC. Why would they start over now? Them trying to trade for Amare tells me they have no intention of blowing the team up AGAIN.

MU and UW Fan
01-29-2010, 04:14 AM
Yeah we here Nets won't consider trading Harris until they see if they get Wall. Do you always believe what the front office says? not like there gonna go out and say Harris will be gone by deadline. He probably won't be moved but never say never, anything can happen between now and deadline.

Netslunatic76
01-29-2010, 04:18 AM
Yeah we here Nets won't consider trading Harris until they see if they get Wall. Do you always believe what the front office says? not like there gonna go out and say Harris will be gone by deadline. He probably won't be moved but never say never, anything can happen between now and deadline.

I never say anything is impossible, but Kiki and Thorn have already said they aren't looking to make any drastic changes until the off season. Why would I believe they are going to trade Harris(the guy Thorn worked so hard to get from the Mavs) for the Lakers' bench warmers?

MU and UW Fan
01-29-2010, 04:24 AM
Maybe they think he's not the player they thought he was going to be. He's not a franchise player. I love the guy to death. Watched him in high school and college and my bro went to high school with him. He's a good number two option so unless they get a franchise player whether it be at deadline or off season I think it's a good possibility Harris is traded.

RollinDeep
01-29-2010, 05:29 AM
IF, I said IF Mitch pulled this off the NBA needs to do a tox-screen on the other GM as you can't tell me he didn't take him out to dinner and get him full of some trippy **** and told him sign your name on this receipt here, here, and here :p

LOL.

So true. Probably got him to foot the entire bill too.

xxseven72ducexx
01-29-2010, 06:01 AM
the Net would be ******** to do this BUT the only way they should is if they get back Odom, Farmar and Brown...of course the Nets would throw in someone else but otherwise I don't see it making sense for the Nets at all

Statik1
01-29-2010, 06:08 AM
the Net would be ******** to do this BUT the only way they should is if they get back Odom, Farmar and Brown...of course the Nets would throw in someone else but otherwise I don't see it making sense for the Nets at all

Oh yeah b/c that would make a whole lot of send for the Lakers to send all 3 of them.... :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm: fail on so many levels....

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-29-2010, 06:12 AM
Their Best trade offer that will most likely get accepted is Bynum, but thats highly unlikely. For all those L A Lakers fans, think about it I heard rumors Bynum is on the trade table/

We won't trade bynum, end of story!got it???

I would consider bynum for dwight swap!
but the guy has so match potential in him!

And the deal would be farmer+stache for harris
both are expirings and farmer has potential he just doesn't fit to triangle offense, he has said it himself multiple times.
farmer in triangle offense looks like a gay in strip club!

$ NyC $
01-29-2010, 08:49 AM
Would be a great move 4 the Lakers. Since he wouldn't have such a burden on him to carry the offense he could play D like he use 2 in Dallas which would solve their problem Vs. younger/faster PGz (poor fish).

td0tsfinest
01-29-2010, 10:32 AM
He's a better defender than Fisher. Lakers really don't need any offense but they could use some help on the defensive end.

DCB/LAL
01-29-2010, 10:38 AM

Click what link? There was none given only a source.

The Nets already have enough money to sign a max or 2 good players. They wont get two max players(no boozer, no Bosh, No LBJ, no Dwade). Devin Harris is struggling this year and has been plagued with injuries. That doesn't mean he should be traded especially after the year he had last year. They have already started from scratch by trading Kidd, RJ, and VC. Why would they start over now? Them trying to trade for Amare tells me they have no intention of blowing the team up AGAIN.

I never say anything is impossible, but Kiki and Thorn have already said they aren't looking to make any drastic changes until the off season. Why would I believe they are going to trade Harris(the guy Thorn worked so hard to get from the Mavs) for the Lakers' bench warmers?

Look man no one is saying this is a SURE thing to happen but if it did happen that would be WHY it would happen and that will be what they gat.

Listen people to those of you saying Bynum or Odom has to be in the trade you guys are crazy if you think the Lakers are about to BREAK UP their core of players for years to come it'll either be the NETS take the offer or LA will just stick with who they have.

YES the Lakers could use Harris but NO the Lakers dont need Harris. LO and Bynum are better to have around in Playoffs than Harris so that wont happen.

NetsPaint
01-29-2010, 10:46 AM
I thought the Nets will already have enough for two max free agents?

masalex1205
01-29-2010, 11:22 AM
Odom, Brown, Farmar? Doubt this happens

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-29-2010, 11:28 AM
I agree I think Harris is a good PG and i wouldnt trade him:

this summer

Harris
draft pick
Lopez
max player

great team to start with there, IMO.Wall,Lopez and two max contracts with Harris dealt. That team could turn around pretty quick from this season.

JOSKOMANG4
01-29-2010, 11:29 AM

Net's have enough money to add not only a "max contract" but also another supporting role.. not to mention they have 3-4 picks in the 2010 NBA Draft.

I know it's been a rough season and so forth but the nets ARE FINEEEEE.. All they need is a "winning coach"

LIneup outlook be4 Free agency & 2010 draft.

PROJECTED 2010-2011 CAP: 53.8 MILL

PG) D.HARRIS $8.891 MILL / K.DOOLING $3.828 MILL
SG) C.LEE $1.353 MILL / CD4 $0.855 MILL
SF) T.WILLIAMS $2.215 MILL
PF) YI $4.051 MILL / K.HUMPHRIES $3.2 MILL
C) B.LOPEZ $2.214 MILL / BOONE $2.293 MILL

$26.04 MILL

PROJECTED SALARY CAP SPACE: $27.76 MILLION

But we need a big game/winning coach.. IMO, b/c I actually know the guy, I would love for the Nets to bring Byron Scott.

Young and Stupid
01-29-2010, 11:36 AM
I thought the Nets will already have enough for two max free agents?

They will, but don't tell Laker fans. The prospect of getting Harris gets them excited...

blacknell
01-29-2010, 12:02 PM
i'm guessing the way the NBA is rigged for the Lakers to win another ring i say they get harris for fisher and and 2nd round pick or they sign a d league player and trade him for harris

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-29-2010, 12:13 PM
i'm guessing the way the NBA is rigged for the Lakers to win another ring i say they get harris for fisher and and 2nd round pick or they sign a d league player and trade him for harris

We don't trade fisher!

Frezhnitz
01-29-2010, 12:43 PM
Harris on Lakers would bring home trophy.

SaimoNETS
01-29-2010, 12:49 PM
Never gonna happen. It's pointless and we could get a lot better deal than what the Lakers will offer.

Wilson
01-29-2010, 01:01 PM
Why are the Lakers even interested in him? I mean, I know Harris is by far and away better than any of the PGs on the Lakers' roster, but they've been playing some great ball recently with Kobe running the pick & roll, then the triangle when Lamar replaces one of the bigs. In both those offenses, all we need from the PG is spot up shooting and since Devin Harris is shooting .217 on threes this year, and .299 for his career, that's a bad fit.

He would get WAY more assists in LA

He'd probably get much less. With Kobe on the team it wouldn't be Devin's job to find the open man, it would be an offense based on ball and player movement. Since Devin would have the ball in his hands much less, his assists would take a hit.

Devin is a fantastic player, but a horrible fit with the Lakers in my opinion.

Wade_County
01-29-2010, 01:12 PM
You know alot are saying they can sign 2 max players if they trade Harris. Well what about if they dont sign 2 max players cause players will sign somewhere else. Another reason to keep Harris, IMO.

Young and Stupid
01-29-2010, 01:35 PM
You know alot are saying they can sign 2 max players if they trade Harris. Well what about if they dont sign 2 max players cause players will sign somewhere else. Another reason to keep Harris, IMO.

They can sign two max players regardless so it's not a matter of trading Harris. I don't think the Nets are gonna get Wall and I think Harris can revert back to 2008 form so I wouldn't trade him.

Wade_County
01-29-2010, 01:36 PM
theres only some many "max" players to go around

Wilson
01-29-2010, 01:58 PM
In fact they might not even need a max contract player to be great next season. I know it's going to be seen as a disappointment if they don't get LeBron, Wade or Bosh or someone, but let's say they keep Devin Harris, pick up the option on Chris Douglas-Roberts and sign Joe Johnson and David Lee. That gives them this line-up:

Devin Harris
Joe Johnson / Courtney Lee
Chris Douglas-Roberts
David Lee / Yi Jianlian
Brook Lopez

Courtney Lee, Chris Douglas-Roberts, Yi Jianlian and Brook Lopez should all get better with age and experience. Joe Johnson can provide leadership, and can play on or off the ball very well. Plus, they'd still have a very high draft pick.

Joe Johnson is my X-factor for next season. I've already talked about how good Houston could be with him, but I really like the idea of him in New Jersey now as well.

JordansBulls
01-29-2010, 02:29 PM
Harris for Odom.

Imagine if that happened. How would Odom feel about it knowing he could had been in Miami?

Wilson
01-29-2010, 02:35 PM
Harris for Odom.

Imagine if that happened. How would Odom feel about it knowing he could had been in Miami?

:laugh2: :laugh2:

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-29-2010, 02:42 PM
Harris for Odom.

are you drunk?

Wade_County
01-29-2010, 02:50 PM
Harris for Odom.

lol

Wade_County
01-29-2010, 02:51 PM
In fact they might not even need a max contract player to be great next season. I know it's going to be seen as a disappointment if they don't get LeBron, Wade or Bosh or someone, but let's say they keep Devin Harris, pick up the option on Chris Douglas-Roberts and sign Joe Johnson and David Lee. That gives them this line-up:

Devin Harris
Joe Johnson / Courtney Lee
Chris Douglas-Roberts
David Lee / Yi Jianlian
Brook Lopez

Courtney Lee, Chris Douglas-Roberts, Yi Jianlian and Brook Lopez should all get better with age and experience. Joe Johnson can provide leadership, and can play on or off the ball very well. Plus, they'd still have a very high draft pick.

Joe Johnson is my X-factor for next season. I've already talked about how good Houston could be with him, but I really like the idea of him in New Jersey now as well.

exactly my point on why i wouldnt trade harris, NJ got rid of the garage last summer.

RaptorizedKevin
01-29-2010, 02:51 PM

:laugh:

RaptorizedKevin
01-29-2010, 02:52 PM
the nets should trade harris, only if theyre gettinge the first pick. if not then keep him :P

Pierzynski4Prez
01-29-2010, 03:13 PM
If they trade him, it should be to a team that will be one of the worst teams, that will be in the lottery this year, and maybe next. Get their expirings, and 2 1st round picks.

So they could have 2 of the top 5-10 picks this year, plus a possible max player, plus then 2 1st rounders next year to go along with Lopez.

G-Funk
01-29-2010, 03:52 PM
the nets should trade harris, only if theyre gettinge the first pick. if not then keep him :PHarris is not worth the first pick

MTar786
01-29-2010, 05:05 PM
having harris would be nice.. but thinking like a realist i think we'd get hinrich. Oh, and im probably the only one on the planet who think kirk would be a better fit for us anyway. tall pg, good D. good shooter with range. perfect for the triangle

Wilson
01-29-2010, 05:46 PM
If they trade him, it should be to a team that will be one of the worst teams, that will be in the lottery this year, and maybe next. Get their expirings, and 2 1st round picks.

So they could have 2 of the top 5-10 picks this year, plus a possible max player, plus then 2 1st rounders next year to go along with Lopez.

I don't think anyone in that position would trade an unprotected first round pick, unless it's for many years in the future.

having harris would be nice.. but thinking like a realist i think we'd get hinrich. Oh, and im probably the only one on the planet who think kirk would be a better fit for us anyway. tall pg, good D. good shooter with range. perfect for the triangle

You're not the only one, I'd rather have Kirk as well. He fits so much better with our offense.

DakotaGuy
01-29-2010, 06:09 PM

There's 2 of us that think that.

Wilson
01-29-2010, 06:25 PM
There's 2 of us that think that.

Three!! :p

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-29-2010, 06:35 PM
Three!! :p

Make it four!:cheers:

Wilson
01-29-2010, 06:45 PM
Make it four!:cheers:

Good stuff :cool:

still1ballin
01-29-2010, 07:33 PM
make it four!:cheers:

and we gonna freak some more:d

Halladay
01-29-2010, 07:43 PM
If I saw another Gasol-like trade I will never watch the NBA ever again. Ever.

xabial
01-29-2010, 08:03 PM

I believe The Grizzlies got owned, partly becuase the Lakers drafted Marc Gasol. The Grizzlies probably saw Marc Gasol has tons of potential to be like his brother, with a lower salary so they traded Pau for Him+ Fillers to save much needed cash.
Overall great management move by the Lakers doubt it will happen agian though. Trade wouldnt have happened if the Lakers didnt draft Marc. Besides with that cap-space saved, they traded for Zbo who contributed to their turnaround this year.

ChiSox219
01-29-2010, 08:25 PM
Can we be for real here?

Devin Harris is an awful fit for the Lakers and the Triangle. He's not a good outside shooter, isn't a good defender and controls the ball a lot.

The Nets aren't going to give him up for expirings and a late first rounder just because he's been slow to return from injury and gel with a discombobulated roster.

ldc62
01-30-2010, 04:52 AM
Can we be for real here?

Devin Harris is an awful fit for the Lakers and the Triangle. He's not a good outside shooter, isn't a good defender and controls the ball a lot.

The Nets aren't going to give him up for expirings and a late first rounder just because he's been slow to return from injury and gel with a discombobulated roster.

He was a great defender... what happend to that? Fastest from East to west back in his Mavs days.

Evolution23
01-30-2010, 05:55 AM
Harris for Kobe

vash9
01-30-2010, 01:33 PM
He was a great defender... what happend to that? Fastest from East to west back in his Mavs days.

He was indeed a great defender. But moving to the Nets, and being that everyone can't score other than Lopez, the pressure is dropped on Harris, making him be one to always score, that he lost the mentality to defend, and just focused on his offense game.

ChiSox219
01-30-2010, 01:40 PM
He was indeed a great defender. But moving to the Nets, and being that everyone can't score other than Lopez, the pressure is dropped on Harris, making him be one to always score, that he lost the mentality to defend, and just focused on his offense game.

I agree, but I never saw him as a great defender in Dallas, average seemed like the more appropriate term.

Great would describe his speed and offensive game.

Tony_Starks
01-30-2010, 03:43 PM

Ask Memphis how they feel about that trade now? They got tons of financial relief, a younger more physical center, and by missing the playoffs they were able to land OJ Mayo. So Gasol for Marc Gasol and OJ Mayo? Yeah, I think they'd take that one!