PDA

View Full Version : Which team will drastically improve after the summer of 2010 ???

4real
01-28-2010, 11:51 PM
Weather it's a trade or free agent, which team do you believe will drastically improve after the summer of 2010 ??

JayAllDay
01-29-2010, 12:13 AM
They mathematically have the best chance to improve their record "drastically"

vash9
01-29-2010, 12:17 AM
Being a homer that i am, HOPEFULLY SOMEHOW GOD DAMN the Nets.

yup.

td0tsfinest
01-29-2010, 12:20 AM
Bulls.

They have some good pieces in Rose, Deng and Noah. Hinrich and Tyrus Thomas could be used as trade bait. They're going to have a lot of money to go out and spend. I think they got a good shot at landing Amare.

They have six players on the team who have expiring contracts. The team is going to look drastically different from this year.

JIDsanity
01-29-2010, 12:30 AM
Easy. The Nets
Most Cap space
Top 4 pick
Brook Lopez Gets Better every day
Devin Harris gets better, or gets traded for a star
Richest Owner in the NBA
Rod Thorn with money

EaglesJackson10
01-29-2010, 12:37 AM
Easy. The Nets
Most Cap space
Top 4 pick
Richest Owner in the NBA
Rod Thorn with money

Is this actually true?

Giaps
01-29-2010, 12:41 AM
Knicks or Nets considering:

1) They have the 2 worst records in the group
2) They have some of the most money to spend

I'd go with the Knicks because half the team is an expiring contract right now and next year will be totally different no matter what. Nets will have many of the same pieces although having only around 15 wins this season would be pretty easy to improve on.

29$JerZ
01-29-2010, 12:44 AM
I'd say its the Knicks and Nets

Knicks because half the roster is gone and with legit defensive acwquistions and hopefully a star we will be a better all around team then we;ve been this decade.

NJ because they have the most assets to become better whether it be with CAP space, trades, top 4 pick, etc. But they really need to hit a HR imo, either Wall or a good PF/SF

Sports Illustrator
01-29-2010, 12:49 AM
Nothing is really certain. Its very possible that many free agents will re-sign with their current teams. Trades will be happening for sure though.

LaL09champs
01-29-2010, 01:06 AM
Knicks have like 6 expiring contracts and their whole roster is gonna look completley diffrent next year

Raph12
01-29-2010, 01:09 AM
Surprised Heat don't top the list, they have nuff room for 2 max deal and solid role players.

I say Miami for sure.

D Roses Bulls
01-29-2010, 01:11 AM
im gonna be a homer and say the Bulls, but any knicks fan or Netsfan out there that are getting your hopes up, i would slow down on that and im saying this because i was around in 2000 when the Bulls had Elton Brand, Ron Artest who both were up and coming players at the time and had the number 4th and 6th pick with a lot of money to sign two max free agents and they ended up coming out of that with ron mercer because of the team recorded and such. Young talent doesnt actually guarantee that will draw players when those young players havent proved nothing yet. The team with the best chance at the best free agents i still believe follows in this order.

1. Miami- Wade's there, he isnt leaving. warm weather, its south beach, and they are a playoff team already.

2. Chicago- Playoff team, Rose is there and already has progressed better then most people thought. They have other good pieces to the team already, and its one of the 3 big markets for sponsor ship.

3. New York- If it wasnt because it was New York, they would have no shot, but it is New York. the team is lousy (no offense knick fans), the best player on the team (David Lee) probably wont be around next year, and its a lot of pressure to perform there.

4. Nets because they will be moving to Brooklyn and they have a couple of young pieces there, but i think in the end, the Nets will be the most disappointed team at the end of FA

5. Clippers- The franchise is always in disarray, but it is L.A. and they do have a couple of good players there.

my opinion, dont get mad anyone. this is just hot i see it, but we'll see how it plays out.

ManRam
01-29-2010, 01:11 AM
I have a gut feeling the Nets will land the #1 overall pick, and subsequently, a top 3 FA

D Roses Bulls
01-29-2010, 01:13 AM
yeah i think the NBA will make sure the Nets land the number 1 pick, but i dont think top 3 FA

BkOriginalOne
01-29-2010, 01:16 AM
Nets have a nice young core and are going to grab at least two all star level players, don't forget the potentiality of John Wall.
This would make Devin Harris expendable, and then they can virtually fill any gaps they have, or get a super deep bench.

The Nets might be next years 2008 Celtics.

kingcanadian409
01-29-2010, 01:18 AM
I say pistons. We have money comin off the books, rip and tay ARE expendable, and hoe d has stated change could be imminent

Cool007
01-29-2010, 01:18 AM
Surprised Heat don't top the list, they have nuff room for 2 max deal and solid role players.

I say Miami for sure.

2 Max only if Wade LEAVES.

If Wade signs then only money for 1 more max player and even then it will be doubtful with cap holds + draft picks and fill in the roster.

Raph12
01-29-2010, 01:34 AM

If Wade signs then only money for 1 more max player and even then it will be doubtful with cap holds + draft picks and fill in the roster.

Wade + max player would be pretty damn good, I think now it's a question of what the new cap will be.

Giaps
01-29-2010, 01:59 AM

Wade + max player would be pretty damn good, I think now it's a question of what the new cap will be.
Uh, Wade + 1 max player = 2 max players.

BigEric
01-29-2010, 02:35 AM
The Kings are going to trade Martin and JT for Al Jefferson and cash considerations. The Kings will win the lottery and choose John Wall. Ray Allen decides he wants to play for Sacramento for some reason. Mark my words now, the Kings will win the lottery. :D

Only in a perfect world..

heathonater
01-29-2010, 02:44 AM
the team that could improve the most is the nets if everything falls their way. get first pick, lure lebron james to new jersey and their record would improve greatly. not likely that all this would happen for the nets, but if it did it would be a big step forward for the nets.

ldc62
01-29-2010, 02:45 AM
It depends on who goes where...

Lord Leoshes
01-29-2010, 03:10 AM
Being a homer that i am, HOPEFULLY SOMEHOW GOD DAMN the Nets.

yup.

It would be sad if they couldn't. :facepalm:

Lord Leoshes
01-29-2010, 03:12 AM
Bulls.

They have some good pieces in Rose, Deng and Noah. Hinrich and Tyrus Thomas could be used as trade bait. They're going to have a lot of money to go out and spend. I think they got a good shot at landing Amare.

They have six players on the team who have expiring contracts. The team is going to look drastically different from this year.

I would say Amare, Boozer, or JJ. anyone of those 3 would look good in CHI, & are good possibilities.

ee
01-29-2010, 03:15 AM
Easy. The Nets
Most Cap space
Top 4 pick
Richest Owner in the NBA
Rod Thorn with money

Rod Thorn unleashed....I know he's been itching to finally have the go ahead.....Ratner was a big disappointment..

Lord Leoshes
01-29-2010, 03:18 AM

I say Miami for sure.

2 max deals, 2 1st round picks, & around $10mil for a boarderline star. While keeping a fast improving Beasley.

djeller1139
01-29-2010, 03:30 AM
Nets...

#1 Pick (Wall) + Top FA + Lopez + Harris = scary good.

Lord Leoshes
01-29-2010, 03:32 AM

Not at all the Heat have around $25mil. & this is after Wade resigns

max = $16
wade = $16
Beasley = $5
Cook = $2
Jones = $2 (buy out)
Chalmers = $1
Anthony = $1
2-1st = $3

That's $46 Chalmers, Jones, & Beasley are all slightly less then what i have there but whatever. & with the latest cap estimations it looks like the cap will be around $45, & not the projected $53mil they thought this summer.

So that's Wade, Beasley, a max player, & another one at around $10mil.

Immediate contenders.

Lakers4ItAll
01-29-2010, 03:33 AM
Knicks because they are gonna get Lebron

Lord Leoshes
01-29-2010, 03:39 AM
Knicks because they are gonna get Lebron

Why would he go there? If anything at least NJ will give him a better chance to win.

I see Bron joining Wade to form a dynasty in Mia.

CAVS21
01-29-2010, 04:11 AM
the team that could improve the most is the nets if everything falls their way. get first pick, lure lebron james to new jersey and their record would improve greatly. not likely that all this would happen for the nets, but if it did it would be a big step forward for the nets.

Yea, dont forget the fact that LBJ isnt going to want to end up being a Benedict Arnold type in his own home town....that and nobody on or potentially on the Nets roster is going to give him a better chance at a title or hopefully a repeat title than the team he's on now.
He's NOT leaving Cleveland

_KB24_
01-29-2010, 04:14 AM
AHA, surprised Toronto is not listed. Apparently Wade is going to go play up North ;)

igPay atinLay
01-29-2010, 12:29 PM
None of those

KNICKS ALL DAY
01-29-2010, 12:49 PM
the knicks only if they go out and get rubio and sign amare lbj or rudy gay

Becks2307
01-29-2010, 12:59 PM
Why would he go there? If anything at least NJ will give him a better chance to win.

I see Bron joining Wade to form a dynasty in Mia.

im sorry but there is no way Bron goes to play with Dwayne "this is my house!" Wade in South beach. I just dont see it.

Ballin274
01-29-2010, 12:59 PM
If I'm the Knicks, Amare is the last resort... Its a ton of better players to sign and ones that will actually be something somewhere else, Amare won't be **** without Nash. I say if the Knicks don't get LBJ, the consolation prize is Joe Johnson, Chris Bosh or a decent big, and pg is the main focus.

SaimoNETS
01-29-2010, 01:00 PM
I will cry if the Nets don't get the #1 pick.

ManRam
01-29-2010, 01:02 PM
None of those

Ok...then who???

Becks2307
01-29-2010, 01:03 PM
If I'm the Knicks, Amare is the last resort... Its a ton of better players to sign and ones that will actually be something somewhere else, Amare won't be **** without Nash. I say if the Knicks don't get LBJ, the consolation prize is Joe Johnson, Chris Bosh or a decent big, and pg is the main focus.

david lee is as good as amare...i rather overpay for a decent PG (not max tho) (eg. Raymond Felton) than give amare a max deal.

Jon23815
01-29-2010, 01:06 PM
How do you guys not vote Nets? You can't not drastically improve from 4 wins...

daleja424
01-29-2010, 01:12 PM
in terms of number of wins its the nets b/c no matter what they do this summer they have to be way better then the 6-7 wins they will get this year.

but as for meaningful improvement it is easily miami... they are the only ones in the bunch that will be legit title contenders after this summer.

How many times does it have to be said before people hear it, MIAMI CAN RESIGN WADE, SIGN ANOTHER MAX GUY, AND STILL HAVE OVER 10 MILLION LEFT TO SPLIT ON A COUPLE OF SECONDARY NICE PLAYERS + THEY HAVE MIKE BEASLEY.

oh ya....and the have 2 first rounders

DRkidd88
01-29-2010, 01:23 PM
yea we will be the 08 celtics

we get john wall and two good FA's

Giaps
01-29-2010, 01:23 PM
Why would Lebron want to go to Miami and be the #2 guy there?

arkanian215
01-29-2010, 01:25 PM
Probably the Clippers. Even though they lose Camby, they get Griffin back (hopefully) add a lottery pick and have lots of cap room to add a star FA.

koreancabbage
01-29-2010, 01:36 PM
bulls or NJ

they both have LEGIT PG's to run the show. More to NJ cuz they have a up-and-coming center in Lopez.

3rd has to be Clippers. Blake Griffin will be back next year and he should be a monster to deal with in his rookie year after 1 year of training with an NBA team

Evolution23
01-29-2010, 01:39 PM
Knicks, Bulls, Heat, Nets in that order.