PDA

View Full Version : Cp3 or Nash?

Mckphins
01-28-2010, 05:47 PM
How can a guy like chris paul, who is quite often in discussions for the 3rd best player in the league not be starting the all star game? Now I know nash has had a great season, but the way pauls been playing of late, I think theres no way nash should be starting over paul.
I know the results are already calculated, and that pauls in the reserves. But my question is- For this all star game who would yous rather WATCH start? Paul or nash?

mikantsass
01-28-2010, 05:56 PM
Nash should start because he'd put on a better show. thats what all-star weekend is about.... showmanship

Bishnoff
01-28-2010, 06:05 PM
Nash, and that's not even because I'm bias. Nash has had a much better season than CP3 so far. CP3 will end up getting more court time anyway so let Nash have his time in the spotlight because he won't get many more opportunities.

igPay atinLay
01-28-2010, 06:13 PM
I find Nash interesting, in my opinion he was never the best PG in the game, not 1 year. I think Stockton then Kidd, now Paul are better. I have no problem with Nash starting though, he is great and Paul will start many many in a row, Nash is approaching the end why not let him have his day.

daleja424
01-28-2010, 06:14 PM
nash. cp3 is young still. he will get his shot. hard to go wrong with either

Shady66
01-28-2010, 06:24 PM
Theyv both played great, but Itll prolly be nashs last start, so he should get it. CP will prolly start, or atleest make it for the next 10 years.

rleg4305
01-28-2010, 06:27 PM
Nash should start. I think cp3 would be starting if he didn't miss time because of injury.

magichatnumber9
01-28-2010, 06:28 PM
Nash he is the man

goose15
01-28-2010, 06:34 PM
Either one, as long as it not McGrady

LayZbone
01-28-2010, 06:38 PM
Either one, as long as it not McGrady

this

alencp3
01-28-2010, 06:41 PM
CP3 of course.He will do some sick pass and make a show.

Bucsfan
01-28-2010, 06:55 PM
neither, i woudl rather watch dwill...not sure why he got left out of this

and how is discussing paul as the 3rd best player? a top 3 pg yes, top 3 overall? i dont think so, cause that would put him in the discussion with kobe and lbj, and i dont think he is close

Baller1
01-28-2010, 06:57 PM
neither, i woudl rather watch dwill...not sure why he got left out of this

and how is discussing paul as the 3rd best player? a top 3 pg yes, top 3 overall? i dont think so, cause that would put him in the discussion with kobe and lbj, and i dont think he is close

I agree. D-Will is one of the most underrated players in the game, in my opinion.

runforrestrunx9
01-28-2010, 07:15 PM
Cp3

runforrestrunx9
01-28-2010, 07:16 PM
CP3 of course.He will do some sick pass and make a show.

exactly

tredigs
01-28-2010, 07:28 PM
Nash, and that's not even because I'm bias. Nash has had a much better season than CP3 so far. CP3 will end up getting more court time anyway so let Nash have his time in the spotlight because he won't get many more opportunities.

You claim not to be bias but follow it up with saying that Nash has had a much better season than CP3? HUH? Cp3 couldn't be playing better. As great as Nash is, we're probably watching a top 2 or 3 point guard of all time playing in his prime right now. It's comedy that he isn't starting in my opinion. Why exactly do you think Nash is having such a better season than Paul?

Cp3 has more assists, less turnovers, more steals, rebounds better, plays d better, scores more. I just don't get where you're coming from..

thedfactor
01-28-2010, 07:31 PM
CP3, I love Nash of course, but Paul is wicked

Ssshbliblibl00p
01-28-2010, 07:43 PM
Nash should start because he'd put on a better show. thats what all-star weekend is about.... showmanship

coma what?

Sanchez4Life
01-28-2010, 07:46 PM
CP3-Oh!

Ssshbliblibl00p
01-28-2010, 08:26 PM
I love nash, but that dude is about the sorriest defender I've seen in my 30+ years of fantastic NBA action I've witnessed. For that reason alone, I'm not gonna go out of my way to put any energy towards him starting.

I'm pissed David Lee's getting snubbed out the butt hole, but again I'll reference defense.
If he had just one block on that sick stat line of his, he'd be an allstar I think. Same with Nash...0.5 steals per game???????? u fkn serious? playing 33+? fluck outta here with that ish. If that doesn't scream the inability to play the passing lanes anymore, I don't know wut does honestly.

Give the worst defender on either allstar game the starting nod, I don't give a ****

arkanian215
01-28-2010, 09:32 PM
wait.. nash hasn't been a starter? he won two mvps and no starts?

arkanian215
01-28-2010, 09:34 PM
I'd say Nash. We don't really need someone who can play D and his vision is better. Also Nash doesn't foul often so he'll keep the game flowing.

Bishnoff
01-28-2010, 09:47 PM
You claim not to be bias but follow it up with saying that Nash has had a much better season than CP3? HUH? Cp3 couldn't be playing better. As great as Nash is, we're probably watching a top 2 or 3 point guard of all time playing in his prime right now. It's comedy that he isn't starting in my opinion. Why exactly do you think Nash is having such a better season than Paul?

Cp3 has more assists, less turnovers, more steals, rebounds better, plays d better, scores more. I just don't get where you're coming from..

Yeah, he also plays 5 minutes a game more so of course some of his stats are going to look better. I'm not doubting that CP3 is better at rebounding, steals, limiting turnovers, defending etc., but I think that Nash has earnt his start in this year's All-Star game.

dwadefan03
01-28-2010, 10:06 PM
nash sucks on d cp3 doesnt which means he should be the starter

vash9
01-28-2010, 11:10 PM
McGrady should have started.

so when he is going for a dunk, he falls down to the floor from mid-air and then gets a back injury once more.

JasonJohnHorn
01-28-2010, 11:29 PM
I answered Nash, but will readily admit that Paul is the better player. Nash is an offensive machine and at the all-star game it is all about offence. Those games can get past 130 in regualtion! And Nash has played with Amare and Dirk for year and has played with other western power houses.

If you asked me who I'd rather have starting at pointg guard for my team, I'd take Paul. His assist-to-turnover ratio is amazing, he makes players better just like Nash (Chandler for example, and West) and he works the boards and defends. And he can score and forces defences to play him honest. What's not to love. At an all-star game, I'd like to see Nash on the floor pushign the ball up. But who is more deserving and who is more entertaining for the sake of the game is two different things.

_KB24_
01-28-2010, 11:44 PM
Neither. TMAC got robbed ;)

Paul should be starting over Nash.

Vinny642
01-29-2010, 01:16 AM

Haha man that comment is so ignorant on so many levels. The Suns did start hot, but now they are as cold as ice, while the Hornets are hot.

Chris Paul is leading Nash in scoring, assists, rebounds, steals, A/T ratio.
Also Paul actually plays a thing called defense.
But I would rather Nash start this one, he is old and will be gone soon, CP will be in alot more all star games to come.

Raph12
01-29-2010, 01:17 AM
Nash is more exciting, CP3 is better.

ko8e24
01-29-2010, 01:34 AM
Not really worth having a thread like this, especially on the nba forum. Nash is starting, and CP3 is a reserve. That's that.

Now either move this thread to the COmparisons forum or just shut it down altogether to refrain from cluttering on the NBA Forum site

Evolution23
01-29-2010, 01:43 PM
cp3 is the young gun but nash is still a beast. I would pick paul though becuase he plays better d.

ProdigyI
01-29-2010, 02:17 PM
Rose

haha just playing. Cp3 easily for me.

mlisica19
01-29-2010, 02:39 PM
ffrom what ive seen paul is faster, more atheltic, a better shooter especially under tough defenses and circumstances. He can pass as goood as the Nash but Nash has much higher awareness and plays much better off on the pick.

Hes also more of a pass first shoot second kind of PG and i like that more in a PG. I mean Paul has more room to grow.