PDA

View Full Version : Stand Pat. Or make a move

JDizzle
01-28-2010, 03:23 PM
The hornets are currently the 8th seed in the west at 25-20. We have made some little trades that have helped us shed some cap and get under the luxury tax.Do you guys think the team is fine the way it is or do you think we need to make 1 big move to really become scary

Mckphins
01-28-2010, 05:50 PM
I think ! big move to become scary. But i dont know what it could be that another team would accept to make us that much better

BIGBREED
01-29-2010, 12:25 AM
Stand pat! We are young and athletic, and we are still winning games while we ar learning each other! CP3 and MT(Marcus Thornton) will be a great 1-2 guard combo

Vinny642
01-29-2010, 01:06 AM
Our Big men are getting into sync, we are 2-0 with MT starting. CP is having fun again.
Stand pat.

spacemandave
01-29-2010, 12:03 PM
ya we gotta give thornton some time, noone wants peja or posey, i like okafor, if theres a good offer for west i say take it but he always looks like hes in pain so dont think anyone wants him too bad...i hate to say we may be a 6-10 team in the west this year but then pejas contract may be moveable and we can get something good for him, the rookies will be better(+new rookie?), then who knows....i look forward to hornets games again to see thornton, kids got game.

ballpd05
01-29-2010, 04:40 PM
Stand pat! We are young and athletic, and we are still winning games while we ar learning each other! CP3 and MT(Marcus Thornton) will be a great 1-2 guard combo

I agree with the notion that Marcus Thornton is a great pickup and should be a solid 2 guard for years to come... But the Hornets are far from athletic. With this team they have a very small shot, if any, at making any run at a title this year and are the 4th seed at best and a 3 game losing streak away from missing the playoffs.

We do have young talent in Collison, Paul, and Thornton, but our roster from top to bottom is one of the least athletic ones in the league. We are still primarily a below the rim team. We are one big move away from contending, and hopefully next season Peja's expiring contract can land us a huge piece of the puzzle.

BIGBREED
01-30-2010, 01:54 PM
I agree with the notion that Marcus Thornton is a great pickup and should be a solid 2 guard for years to come... But the Hornets are far from athletic. With this team they have a very small shot, if any, at making any run at a title this year and are the 4th seed at best and a 3 game losing streak away from missing the playoffs.

We do have young talent in Collison, Paul, and Thornton, but our roster from top to bottom is one of the least athletic ones in the league. We are still primarily a below the rim team. We are one big move away from contending, and hopefully next season Peja's expiring contract can land us a huge piece of the puzzle.

Don't dispute me on what I'm saying!
-You've just named two players(collison & thornton) who are younger & athletic, who are getting major mins this year as a starter and CP3 backup! (REMEMBER, these two wasn't on the team last year so that makes us younger and more athletic)

-The Hornets have a 9 man rotation, which 4 of the 9 are athlete's(* athletes)

Okafor / Songaila
West / Posey
Peja / JuJu*
Thornton*
CP3* / Collison*

The 2 draft picks makes us more athletic and younger from last year! DO YOU GET IT? :eyebrow:

PLUS I would love to know, "What one big move the HORNETS can do that will make us an instant contender for the championship?"
-we just got under the cap, are you even paying attention?:facepalm:

ATHLETIC roster from top to bottom(playing above the rim)
-we are just like the SPURS, LAKERS and BOSTON. They only have about 2 guys who can jump/play above the rim....which basketball is more than just playing above the rim!

[THE HORNETS ARE JUST TRYING TO GET INTO THE PLAYOFFS, WHERE ANYTHING COULD HAPPEN]

Method28
01-30-2010, 04:48 PM
Id try to move West + something for a big-time player. If that cant be done. Then stand pat I guess. To be honest though. This team, the way it stands today, probably wont get very far at all. That sucks to say but its true. If we can move West & Collison for Bosh or something big like that then pull the trigger. Not Thorton though.

ballpd05
02-01-2010, 01:19 PM
Don't dispute me on what I'm saying!
-You've just named two players(collison & thornton) who are younger & athletic, who are getting major mins this year as a starter and CP3 backup! (REMEMBER, these two wasn't on the team last year so that makes us younger and more athletic)

-The Hornets have a 9 man rotation, which 4 of the 9 are athlete's(* athletes)

Okafor / Songaila
West / Posey
Peja / JuJu*
Thornton*
CP3* / Collison*

The 2 draft picks makes us more athletic and younger from last year! DO YOU GET IT? :eyebrow:

PLUS I would love to know, "What one big move the HORNETS can do that will make us an instant contender for the championship?"
-we just got under the cap, are you even paying attention?:facepalm:

ATHLETIC roster from top to bottom(playing above the rim)
-we are just like the SPURS, LAKERS and BOSTON. They only have about 2 guys who can jump/play above the rim....which basketball is more than just playing above the rim!

That is my point. Right now the Hornets cannot do anything because of the cap situation and the talent they overpaid for, and if just making the playoffs constitutes a successful roster than there is a problem. We will probably just get ran by the Lakers in the first round. But until we make a "big move" the Hornets are not contenders by any stretch.

It is a problem when 2 of your 4 athletes are generous 6 footers and another a 6'3 shooting guard. Julian Wright is athletic and long, but he doesn't have the offensive skills to be that impact player.

San Antonio is a deceptively athletic team. Dajuan Blair is athletic and active (but not necessarily above the rim like u said), Ginobli, Tony Parker, George Hill, Richard Jefferson are all athletic. Then they have some guys who are not amazingly athletic but all have size, length, and skills aka Tim Duncan, Matt Bonner, Antonio McDyes.

Boston is the same. Kevin Garnett, Kendrick Perkins, Rondo, Marquis Daniels are all pretty athletic and those who aren't athletic make it up with skills and/or size and length as well in Pierce, Ray Ray, and Rasheed Wallace.

The Lakers are a team stacked with athletes: Kobe, Shannon Brown, Andrew Bynum, Lamar Odom, Jordan Farmar, Ron Artest. Pau Gasol isn't that athletic, but he is as skilled and as tall and long as they come.

Orlando, Atlanta, and Denver are teams stacked with length and athleticism as well, and even Dallas is sneaky athletic. Cleveland is not that athletic from top to bottom but they have LeBron which makes up for alot.

The one theme that is consistent with these teams is they have athletes, size, length, and have guys who get points in the paint. Length, quickness, and explosive leapers help you defend, cause matchup problems, allow you to draw fouls, can sometimes make up for a number of defensive/fundamental errors, and are intimidating.

But I know any significant move is wishful thinking. And looking at next years salaries we will be above the cap next summer too, so hopefully next year when we have all these expiring contracts we can make a move to get better. But for now we will have to settle for being average.

saintdrew
02-01-2010, 02:40 PM
hell yeah, i've been trying to preach the situation about acquiring athletic talent for our team.

i think shannon brown will be a free agent this summer, and if we have the money, i hope we could sign him. who knows, he might end up getting paid like ariza did.

BIGBREED
02-01-2010, 10:05 PM
That is my point. Right now the Hornets cannot do anything because of the cap situation and the talent they overpaid for, and if just making the playoffs constitutes a successful roster than there is a problem. We will probably just get ran by the Lakers in the first round. But until we make a "big move" the Hornets are not contenders by any stretch.

It is a problem when 2 of your 4 athletes are generous 6 footers and another a 6'3 shooting guard. Julian Wright is athletic and long, but he doesn't have the offensive skills to be that impact player.

San Antonio is a deceptively athletic team. Dajuan Blair is athletic and active (but not necessarily above the rim like u said), Ginobli, Tony Parker, George Hill, Richard Jefferson are all athletic. Then they have some guys who are not amazingly athletic but all have size, length, and skills aka Tim Duncan, Matt Bonner, Antonio McDyes.

Boston is the same. Kevin Garnett, Kendrick Perkins, Rondo, Marquis Daniels are all pretty athletic and those who aren't athletic make it up with skills and/or size and length as well in Pierce, Ray Ray, and Rasheed Wallace.

The Lakers are a team stacked with athletes: Kobe, Shannon Brown, Andrew Bynum, Lamar Odom, Jordan Farmar, Ron Artest. Pau Gasol isn't that athletic, but he is as skilled and as tall and long as they come.

Orlando, Atlanta, and Denver are teams stacked with length and athleticism as well, and even Dallas is sneaky athletic. Cleveland is not that athletic from top to bottom but they have LeBron which makes up for alot.

The one theme that is consistent with these teams is they have athletes, size, length, and have guys who get points in the paint. Length, quickness, and explosive leapers help you defend, cause matchup problems, allow you to draw fouls, can sometimes make up for a number of defensive/fundamental errors, and are intimidating.

But I know any significant move is wishful thinking. And looking at next years salaries we will be above the cap next summer too, so hopefully next year when we have all these expiring contracts we can make a move to get better. But for now we will have to settle for being average.

How in the hell, you came up w/ me being the one talking about "being athletic and playing above the rim"? Thats all your lil off the wall azz statements! I said that we are "Younger and more Athletic" (and I'm talking from last years team) Making your so-call big move is how we got in this financial bind now! LOL, the HORNETS don't even have anything to bait someone into doing "your" so-call big move! I've played basketball before and I can see that you don't know what you're talking about! {Bynum, Perkins, Dajuan Blair being athletic!?!......I'm done!}

REMEMBER: "We are still primarily a below the rim team" <<< You said that!

[NOW YOU WANT TO TALK LIKE I MADE THAT DUMB AZZ COMMENT ABOUT BEING ATHLETIC/ABOVE THE RIM]

ballpd05
02-02-2010, 06:29 PM
You don't think Andrew Bynum or Dajuan Blair are athletic BREED? I can tell you they are both more athletic than any post players the Hornets can throw on the court.

What big move that put us in this situation are you talking about that I suggested?

Making Peja a 10+ million dollar man? I would never pay a spot up shooter that much. Or bringing in such heralded free agents such as James Posey and Morris Peterson in on bad MULTIYEAR deals? Drafting Cedric Simmons and Hilton Armstrong in the first round of the same draft just basically to give them away for nothing?

The Hornets cannot do anything because they are team with only small quick guards and a bunch of non athletic role players (with juju being the exception). If we had some bigger and better athletes than we could move someone. I bet there is a market for Blair, Bynum, and Kendrick Perkins if they were put on the table, hell there is one for Brendan Haywood.

tland22
02-20-2010, 01:52 PM
Dude, Bynum and Blair are NOT ATHLETIC AT ALL. WHAT SO EVER. Thats a joke for you to think that. i agree with BREED