PDA

View Full Version : Pau Gasol All star Once Again

JNA17
01-28-2010, 11:01 AM
http://www.marca.com/2010/01/28/baloncesto/1264668559.html

the article is in spanish but after using google translation, this is what it says.

Google translation:

MARCA anticipates the Lakers will visit Barcelona in October and Pau will be 'all star'
The Regal Barcelona-The Lakers will Angeels the seventh of October this year The Spain-USA, 20 or 21 August addition, Pau will be chosen by the coaches, although he fell into some pools

The newspaper Marca today two reports of impact: the confirmation of the date of the Lakers visit the Palau Sant Jordi in Barcelona (seven in October) and Pau Gasol will be chosen by the coaches to participate in his third All Star
In a report signed by our colleague Jorge Quiroga, the paper confirms around Pau Gasol yellow dress to the city of his birth in October, and another date of impact: the Spain-United States World Cup warm-up in Turkey be played on 20 or 21 August.
Pau in the All Star
Furthermore, although in many pools was falling, MARCA is able to anticipate that Pau Gasol has been chosen to play his third All-Star Game, to be held in Dallas, This night will be official.

i am very very shocked, even as a laker fan since he missed a lot of games

ldc62
01-28-2010, 11:03 AM
Im not that shocked. Coaches around the league knows what he brings to the table.

dwadefan03
01-28-2010, 11:18 AM
great player but he shouldnt have been in this year

LanceUpperCut
01-28-2010, 11:35 AM
I hope not.

Lakerfan8032
01-28-2010, 11:44 AM
As a die-hard Laker fan I won't argue the fact that he should not be on the team this year. He has missed too much time but on the flip side, the Lakers record when he plays compared to when he doesn't is very telling. The best way to justify it is by that and if Iverson can start then Gasol should at least come off the bench (I know the Iverson situation is totally different, stupid fans who don't appreciate the process).

Bucsfan
01-28-2010, 11:46 AM
its because he is a laker...he is great but others deserved it more

Supa
01-28-2010, 11:56 AM
With both Gasol and Randolph chosen, it looks bleak for Bynum's first all-star.

---

Jetsguy
01-28-2010, 12:01 PM
does this mean one of Dirk or Durant will not make it? If so that is BS

Cool007
01-28-2010, 12:01 PM
With both Gasol and Randolph chosen, it looks bleak for Bynum's first all-star.

---

More like for Chris Kaman than Bynum.

Cool007
01-28-2010, 12:02 PM
does this mean one of Dirk or Durant will not make it? If so that is BS

Probably they selected Gasol as a CENTER not FORWARD - so I see both Dirk and Durant make it.

JordansBulls
01-28-2010, 12:34 PM
http://www.marca.com/2010/01/28/baloncesto/1264668559.html

the article is in spanish but after using google translation, this is what it says.

i am very very shocked, even as a laker fan since he missed a lot of games

Well I wonder if Bynum will make it as well?

Chronz
01-28-2010, 01:37 PM
Well deserved, its not about the hours you put into your work, but about the work you put into your hours. Pau gets more done in those limited games than any other center does in all his games.

More like for Chris Kaman than Bynum.

How come?

wadecounty305
01-28-2010, 01:44 PM
if this is true then kaman is out. that means the reserves will be dirk, durant, z-bo, gasol, cp3, d-will, and brandon roy

JNA17
01-28-2010, 02:19 PM
what would be interesting is if pau and zach are marked in as forwards...i really doubt that but that would be terrible for dirk if that was true

JNA17
01-28-2010, 02:19 PM
who knows though, i mean didn't the east last year have so many Point guard all stars?

TheWatcher34
01-28-2010, 02:49 PM
give Gasol a break! send him on holidays but dont put him in the all star game!!

Lakersfan2483
01-28-2010, 03:10 PM
I am glad to see Pau made the all star game again.

WITZ
01-28-2010, 03:31 PM
Kaman got *****d over, only reason pau got in was cause he plays for the lakers at least Randolph got in.

Teeboy1487
01-28-2010, 03:31 PM
I'm really disappointed that Kaman did not make it. He has been the best center in the west all year. I blame the league for even putting Amare on the center poll. That was just plain stupid on their part. Kaman was not even on the center poll for fans to vote. Kaman should have been the starting center and Bynum should have been his backup. I love Gasol as a player but he did not deserve to go this year. He missed too much time. The allstar game is becoming a joke because undeserving players are going and deserving players have to watch.

arkanian215
01-28-2010, 03:37 PM
deserves it. it's pau gasol we're talking about.

GoatMilk
01-28-2010, 04:02 PM
I'm really disappointed that Kaman did not make it. He has been the best center in the west all year. I blame the league for even putting Amare on the center poll. That was just plain stupid on their part. Kaman was not even on the center poll for fans to vote. Kaman should have been the starting center and Bynum should have been his backup. I love Gasol as a player but he did not deserve to go this year. He missed too much time. The allstar game is becoming a joke because undeserving players are going and deserving players have to watch.

kaman's record is bad

coaches dont reward bad teams. anyone could put up numbers on a bad team

happend the past few years with AL Jefferson and ZBo.

topdog
01-28-2010, 04:28 PM
kaman's record is bad

coaches dont reward bad teams. anyone could put up numbers on a bad team

happend the past few years with AL Jefferson and ZBo.

I'm not a fan of the whole record thing - it doesn't tell the whole story. I mean guys can play as well and better than their counterparts on loaded teams and get snubbed. Kaman is having a great year and actually is a center unlike Pau and Amare`

Everyone talks about how "easy" it is to put up good numbers on a bad team but that totally discounts the fact that good players on bad teams get so much more attention focused on them. Playing next to Kobe, Pau gets to play 1-on-1. Playing next to nobody, guys like Kaman and Jefferson face a double team every time down - that is not "easy."

Tony_Starks
01-28-2010, 05:04 PM
Kaman may have better numbers this year, but there's no way in hell he's a better player than Gasol. If he was the Clipps would be at least .500